PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with Leia Bounty Hunter 12"?

N-2PF
06-18-2002, 11:18 AM
12" Leia Boussh with Han in Carbonite Block is planned as a Toys R Us exclusive for 4th Quarter,
says Rebelscum.

hango fett
06-18-2002, 11:32 AM
thats cool...i hope rebelscum is acurate:) sounds cool enough for me to gock at in the store.........(i don't buy 12")

JEDIpartner
06-18-2002, 03:05 PM
I thought it was just Boushh without Han... Oh, well... either way, I'll probably pass on this. It'll probably be cool, though.

Darth Shifty
06-18-2002, 03:11 PM
If that's true, this might be the first 12" that I buy...

Lord Tenebrous
06-18-2002, 03:41 PM
This would explain why Leia in Boussh disguise was parted from the Dengar/Zuckuss wave. But I honestly don't see a market for it this year, even if the set is only $40, as opposed to $60 for the initial POTF2 versions (although Leia was part of a 3-pack that was $100).

aikman
06-18-2002, 03:49 PM
12" Boush (head resculpt)
12" han in carbonite
both previous exclusives
now rereleased.
STOP REISSUING THE SAME FIGURES

darthdeogg
06-18-2002, 09:00 PM
Well, I didn't get the originals. I'll be snapping these up when tehy come out

Master Goeweins
06-26-2002, 10:59 AM
Yes, please.

gtrain29
06-26-2002, 11:17 AM
I get tired of hasbro reissuing previous exclusives for two reasons:
1st, what is the point of the 12" exclusive figure in the first place, and 2nd they are wasting time that could be spent creating new 12" figures that they may otherwise never produce.

Megs 2
06-26-2002, 12:28 PM
Yeah it would be nice for Hasbro to release the figures that were part of the exclusive 12" 2 pack: Emperor's Royal Guard, Death Star Gunner, Bib Fortuna.

Greejo
06-26-2002, 08:12 PM
The DeathStar gunner is one fig I'd really love to see rereleased. The 2 pack it originally came in is very hard to find (IMO), not to mention expensive.

As for the Leia Boussh, I managed to get a hold of the earlier version(from the 3 pack)....but if Hasbro improve on it enough and it does come with the Han in Carbonite(or even just the block) I'd consider picking it up again. Interesting to note that Amazon are listing it(the Leia Boussh) as a TRU exclusive though.

Darth Cruel
06-27-2002, 11:13 AM
I would love to see a Han as he was when he came out of the carbonite. This set will be cool if they do a very good resculpt of Leia Boush, Han Hybernation Sickness, and have the block with the rubber cover a la Carbon Freezing Chamber playset for the short figure line (3 3/4").

evenflow
06-27-2002, 07:08 PM
I dont see the need for Hasbro to redo them. I would mucj rather see never before made characters.

humsup
06-29-2002, 08:36 AM
Well, was hoping to see Leia Boushh as a singular pack. I don't need another Han... oh well... dissapointing as usual.

Master Goeweins
06-29-2002, 11:04 AM
Yeah, I agree with that. If they are going to release an exclusive from a multi pack, why would you team it with another multi pack?
Most people got either one or the other. Now we are just scr**ed, and heve to over pay to get the one we didn't get before. Leia should be alone!

Besides, the Han Carbonite original release was way overpriced. How do you justify an extra $25 by adding only a thin pressed piece of plastic with a 12" figure? Now it's going to happen again!

JediTricks
06-30-2002, 11:13 PM
I know one thing we don't need, another open-backed Han carbonite block.

N-2PF
07-02-2002, 03:16 PM
Right, just pack Boush with the 12"-Jabba.

Bent Wookie
07-10-2002, 12:34 PM
Yeah, but the original will always have the box with it. These reissues (and resculpts) are for those who didn't get the figure the first time around (like me). They'll be in a different package, so it's not really the same exact product. At least that's what they were probably thinking...

I doubt for $40 we'll get the Han AND Leia. That's just a bit TOO much value! Probably just like the other ultimate editions: Leia with a bunch of cool crap...

I'll buy it for sure!

FKA Broke Collector
07-10-2002, 10:12 PM
IMO I think it's rediculous to reproduce Carby Han because they weren't exactly flying off the shelves the first time around. I waited till they were clearanced to get mine. The scuplt of the head was of poorer quality than the sculpt they had just put out with the Han/Tauntaun TRU exclusive. That one looked JUST like Harrison Ford. Then they put out the muscle-necked version with Carby Han.

I think it's silly too to put out another Boussh Leia because what are exclusives for if you can just wait and get them individually later? This has happened with at least Greedo and Grand Moff Tarkin to date. Probably more. However, I didn't get her with the three pack because I wasn't going to shell out 80 bucks for just one figure as I cared less about the Han and Luke. I welcome the new Boussh Leia, but I think it sucks for all of those people who got her as the "exclusive" to begin with.

DarthBrandon
07-10-2002, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by aikman
12" Boush (head resculpt)
12" han in carbonite
both previous exclusives
now rereleased.
STOP REISSUING THE SAME FIGURES

That's my sentiments exactly aikman, do something new for gods sake and stop the re-hashing of old figures by calling them two-packs.

FKA Broke Collector
07-10-2002, 10:38 PM
Oh yeah! The one that really razzed me was the FAO Slave Leia exclusive. Shelled out 70 bucks for that one and now you can get it at some TRUs for 20.

I worked in manufacturing for a while and something I realized is if you can retool a product with minimum of expense and sell it as a new product that everyone will buy into, then you're pretty much selling an item for twice the price. Believe me, the materials cost next to nothing in the quantities Hasbro buys it in. The cost is in the design, and if you already have the design, make slight modifications, crank out more product, repackage it, and voila!, people buy it all over again.

DarthBrandon
07-10-2002, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by FKA Broke Collector
Oh yeah! The one that really razzed me was the FAO Slave Leia exclusive. Shelled out 70 bucks for that one and now you can get it at some TRUs for 20.

I worked in manufacturing for a while and something I realized is if you can retool a product with minimum of expense and sell it as a new product that everyone will buy into, then you're pretty much selling an item for twice the price. Believe me, the materials cost next to nothing in the quantities Hasbro buys it in. The cost is in the design, and if you already have the design, make slight modifications, crank out more product, repackage it, and voila!, people buy it all over again.

Yeah,just slap a new sticker on it and call it all new likeness or exclusive and they got ya by the pants. That's why I wait sometimes for things, cause I know they are going to make another that's better than the first. Money Money Money, that's what they really care about, not doing the job right the first time. What's this an exclusive ? Lets put a sticker on it and pawn it off again. I'm afraid after the craze has died off on the Sacul figure, that he'll hit the shelves at Walmart or Toyrus with a vengence.

FKA Broke Collector
07-11-2002, 12:13 AM
I'm afraid after the craze has died off on the Sacul figure, that he'll hit the shelves at Walmart or Toyrus with a vengence.

God, I hope so. I didn't get to go to Celebration II and I'm not looking forward to paying 50+ bucks for one. There again though... screws the people who think they are getting an "exclusive" item the first time around.

DarthBrandon
07-11-2002, 12:20 AM
LOL LOL

How true How true FKA Broke Collector, I didn't get one either cause I never made it there as well, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if the sarcastic comment I made in my last post comes true. I have seen this happen in the past and I'm sure it's going to happen again.

Hasbro:
Attention ! Attention !, with the ever growing demand of the Sacul figure, we are forced to produce a limited edtion of this figure as a Toyrus exclusive. It's release date should be at the end of the year. For those who spent all that money to go to Celebration II to get this figure, oh well sorry about your luck.
This is how she goes sometimes.

P.S. The price will be twenty dollars because of the retooling we had to do.

Bent Wookie
07-11-2002, 01:39 AM
I'd be far more inclined to believe Hasbro taking that same basic mold and using it over again (oh, wait they did that for the Sacul figure anyway... :rolleyes: ) than to see a Lucas figure on the pegs... that's really not something that lends itself to being a widespread item. Just look at any of the other "likeness" figures out there. They were exclusives. They never hit retail (at least not regular retail). Sure the figures might become available in the fan club or something, but Toys R Us or Walmart shelves? Doubt it.

DarthBrandon
07-11-2002, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Bent Wookie
I'd be far more inclined to believe Hasbro taking that same basic mold and using it over again (oh, wait they did that for the Sacul figure anyway... :rolleyes: ) than to see a Lucas figure on the pegs... that's really not something that lends itself to being a widespread item. Just look at any of the other "likeness" figures out there. They were exclusives. They never hit retail (at least not regular retail). Sure the figures might become available in the fan club or something, but Toys R Us or Walmart shelves? Doubt it.

It's a Joke Bent Wookie , Just a plain old Joke, but I'm sure that Sacul/Biggs/Wedge will hit the market again in some shape or form.

Bent Wookie
07-11-2002, 12:34 PM
I still like the idea of Leia X-wing outfit! Rarr baby!! :D

Although I don't see Hasbro using the Sacul mold for her--maybe "middle-aged Jedi birth attack Leia" but not young Princess Leia. :p

I can joke too. :)

DarthBrandon
07-11-2002, 02:37 PM
LOL

I'm thinking it will be a buffed up POTJ Luke body and the head from Bespin escape Leia. Better for their profit margin if they use old molds instead of new ones.

FKA Broke Collector
07-12-2002, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by brandon
LOL

I'm thinking it will be a buffed up POTJ Luke body and the head from Bespin escape Leia. Better for their profit margin if they use old molds instead of new ones.

Okay, okay... you're going to give Hasbro too many ways to skimp on figures. They'll end up taking the idea and running too far with it. Next thing you know we'll have a figure with IG-88's body and a Jawa head, and Ketwol's legs, and Amanaman's arms. They'll call it something original like IGawamanawol.

DarthBrandon
07-12-2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by FKA Broke Collector

Okay, okay... you're going to give Hasbro too many ways to skimp on figures. They'll end up taking the idea and running too far with it. Next thing you know we'll have a figure with IG-88's body and a Jawa head, and Ketwol's legs, and Amanaman's arms. They'll call it something original like IGawamanawol.

That my friend was truly a work of art, way too funny. LOL
Hope Hasbro's not listening, they would still your ideas in a second.:)

FKA Broke Collector
07-13-2002, 12:45 AM
Thank you, thank you. Next show's at 7. Tip your wait staff.

Exhaust Port
07-13-2002, 02:31 PM
They're planning on resculpting Leia or the bounty hunter costume? I thought that both were pretty good the first time around. As for Han.....argh, do we need another one? It's been said before and I'm saying it again, please stop re-releasing old 12" figures. (My only exception would be a fixed Stormtrooper).

mrmiller
07-29-2002, 12:29 PM
I noticed you can pre-order the 12" Leia Bounty Hunter at TRU.com. What is the deal with this figure? I have not heard anything about it. I guess it's the Boussh (sp?) disquise, but hasn't this already been done before in a 12" with the ESB 3 pack? Is it just a repackaging of the same figure, or a new sculpt?
Any info ( ahhemm, Jar Jarreehimm) would be appreciated.

BTW here is the link:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/toys/B00005NVEA/ref=pd_sim_toys/103-2998458-1323058

=MATT=

Exhaust Port
07-29-2002, 01:21 PM
Yes, it's the Leia in Boussh disguise again but with a slight resculpt according to some here.

BTW, this will probably be moved to the 12" forum.

mrmiller
07-29-2002, 02:09 PM
Ooops. I forgot we now have a 12" section now :rolleyes:

I'm doing this from work, and it's Monday. You can tell that the 12" line is not that important to me.

=MATT=

Lord Tenebrous
07-29-2002, 06:15 PM
Leia was to ship with Dengar and Zuckuss 12", but was replaced with a gray Imperial Officer. Leia now comes with new face sculpt (at least) and Han in Carbonite Block. The price was originally wrong on TRU.com, but I think everybody who ordered has been alerted to the actual price, which, if I recall, is $39.99.

tagmac
07-29-2002, 10:17 PM
So the Imperial officer IS a different figure........since TRU.com doesn't have any pics, I didn't pre-order it cuz I thought it was the one that came out last year.

mini-rock
08-01-2002, 04:55 AM
tagmac, that was the Death Star Trooper.

Boushh
09-15-2002, 03:32 PM
I've been anticipating the new 12" Boushh Leia with carbonite block that should be a TRU exclusive (expected release 11-2002).
However, I haven't heard any news about it in awhile. I've been waiting for this since last year when it was slated for release. Anyone heard any news on this? I'm hoping she won't be pushed back, but I'm almost afraid this has happened since I haven't heard anything in some time. Please someone tell me I'm wrong!:confused:

Boushh
09-15-2002, 03:46 PM
Well, I've been waiting for the new Boushh Leia for over a year now when she was originally slated for release. I welcome the new Han as well if he is actually included. Either way I will have this one. I have the first Boushh Leia and loved it, but i'm looking forward to the new one too. As for the whole reissuing already made figs, I agree except for this one. I mean, how many frickin' times can you make Jango Fett and Darth Maul look different folks? Enough of them (although those are in the smaller line and it's somewhat off topic.) My point is that I've been getting antsy for a long time for this one and I want it.

N-2PF
09-15-2002, 04:00 PM
You can still preorder her atAmazon (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/toys/B00005NVEA/ref%3Dpd%5Fsim%5Ftoys/104-6994382-6066335).

DarthWitko
11-25-2002, 04:16 PM
Quick question: Is there going to be a release of Leia Bounty Hunter in December? I have it preordered at Amazon.com but I have not heard anything confirming the release. I know of the Leia Bounty hunter with Han Solo Carbinite but this is supposed to be just the Bounty Hunter. I really need to know because I have Dengar and Zuckuss already ordered and I don't want to mis out on them because Amazon is waiting for Leia Bounty hunter to ship my order.

derek
11-25-2002, 06:41 PM
the leia/boussh han/carbon block is supposed to be released in february 2003 and will sell for about $40. there is not supposed to be a single figure release.

from galactichunter.com:

12" Leia Boushh Price Change
11/22/2002 1:40:32 PM | Reported by Mike
Amazon/TRU.com has relisted their exclusive 12" Leia Boushh with Han Carbonite Block and updated the price and release date. Initially offered at $22.99, the price has been raised to $39.99 with an expected arrival of February 15th. Thanks goes to vader067 for the heads up

Turbowars
11-30-2002, 10:23 AM
Why is it 40 bucks? The photos show nothing worth that. The Carb block looks even worse that the 1st one. The only retooling I see is the boots are a different color and the face has a smile. Why would Hasbro put a smile on this figure???? Man, I don't understand this, Zuckuss looks awesome and well made and then they throw this at us. I guess for every 1 great 12" figure we get 10 crappy ones.

derek
11-30-2002, 09:56 PM
this is the same price hasbro charged for their GI Joe/vietnam wall memorial set. i waited until it was marked down to $17 before buying it.:) the carbon block appears to use the same "technology" as the light-up vietnam wall.

jedibear
12-02-2002, 01:12 AM
...is a little irritating. I'll admit I'm tempted if the reissue has something that really stands out as a significant improvement or change but so far from the pics I've seen, I'm going to have to pass on this one.
It's like the overpriced Luke/Tauntaun set....yeah a new bloody-accneted face and a broken horn on the beast...neither of these huge efforts on Hasbro's part and not worth the $60.oo asking price.
I'm in agreement with those who would rather see Hasbro invest the shelf space & time into new characters instead of these lame re-packs....

JediTricks
12-03-2002, 01:52 AM
Derek, I think you may be on to something. Will Leia have her hand against the carbonite block in the packaging? If we peel off the picture of Han Carbo, will we see the memorial wall names? :D