PDA

View Full Version : Reb battle droids still comming out?

Princess_Leila
07-29-2002, 04:50 PM
Guys,

I spent a lot of time looking at the BD from E2, and let me tell you that they are ALL red! There are no tan BDs in E2 at all. They are ALL the same color. Granted, sometimes they look a little tan-brownish, but that is just because of the orange lighting used in the arena sequence. Even the Reek's back look that same color.

So why the tan BDs? Well, who cares as long as we get the red ones. The accessory set comes with a VERY nice red BD, but without the backpack, and the deluxe Mace now has the red droid with it, but will we ever get the carded red BD? I have read a rumor that it would no longer come out, and I have to say that I am a bit disapointed at this. I want my red BD army now!

By the way, this color thing is discussed in the new issue of cinefex.

LTBasker
07-29-2002, 05:20 PM
Actually there are some plain tan Battle Droids in some parts of the Arena, they're easily distuingishable from the red ones but are only seen in some parts so either ILM didn't feel the need to go back and redo those small parts for the different Battle Droids, or they couldn't due to budget.

The red Battle Droid will be coming out after 50% of the tan Battle Droid run, which should be soon. I saw a new SW figure commercial not long ago and it had the single carded red Battle Droid pictured at the end of it.

Lord Tenebrous
07-29-2002, 05:42 PM
Certainly the big question is when they'll reship, since the cream battle droid hasn't been in a case assortment since April 23 (only two total at 2x and 3x). But it's in risk of pegwarming, since few are fans of the gummy plastic it was made from.

Perhaps somebody from Hasbro realizes that shipping the red droid around the same time as the Arena playset would be beneficial. So maybe with a new Teemto/Ki assortment, maybe with Ephant Mon, all I know is that a new assortment with a Battle Droid shipping should be the red droid.

hango fett
07-29-2002, 05:49 PM
i saw that sma ecommercial about a week ago. hope they come out soon!
h.

jonboy
07-29-2002, 06:02 PM
I heard that the red one will ship with Lott Dodd and Massif w/TR in the same case.

Jargo
07-30-2002, 01:58 PM
ME WANTS ME RED ROBOTZ NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

hango fett
07-30-2002, 02:17 PM
I WANT DELUXE 3PO AND YODA FIRST!
;)
h.

macewindu87
07-30-2002, 02:32 PM
i want deluxe yoda first,but then i want the red BD next.
mace:crazed:

hango fett
07-30-2002, 02:40 PM
actually i still need to find maul and TA anakin. then yoda and 3po, then red BD.
hango:p

macewindu87
07-31-2002, 08:58 AM
i need the TA anakin and the red BD firts then I will move on from there
mace:crazed: