PDA

View Full Version : Katnipp Wants/Haves - Disney Figures!!!

katnipp
07-29-2002, 06:26 PM
Have plenty to trade...make me an offer I can't refuse. I've got positive trades/feedback on the Jawa, JundlandWastes and RebelScum under "katnipp." Here's the extras that I currently have:

4 Disney Exclusive RX-24 "REX"
4 Disney Exclusive G2-4T
4 Disney Exclusive R3-D3
(Will trade as complete sets only)

2 POTF2 Princess Leia Organa as Jabba's Prisoner .02

POTJ Figures/Vehicles:
POTJ BoShek
POTJ Obi-Wan Kenobi Jedi
POTJ Qui-Gon Jinn Mos Espa Disguise
POTJ Luke Skywalker X-Wing Pilot
VHTF POTJ Tie Bomber
VHTF POTJ Crashed Snowspeeder

Saga Figures:
COMMANDER JORG SACUL
7 VHTF Saga Dexter Jettster w. Background
2 Saga Bespin Luke Skywalker (bloody-version)
Saga Padme Amidala with Insert and Mole
Saga Chewbacca Cloud City Capture
Saga Teemto Pagalies

Other:
2 Toys-R-Us Saga 40-fig. Posters

I can still get most Saga figures with backgrounds and 12" Clone Trooper, Mace, Anakin & Obi-Wan if needed...LMK.

I'll entertain all offers. I already have all POTJ as well as EP1 figs. Looking for many POTF2 OC & GC figures.

Brian
afpilot@bellsouth.net

katnipp
07-29-2002, 06:27 PM
Here's a quick list of my wants:

Jedi-Con C-3PO

12" Collector's Luke & Han Stormtroopers
12" Collector's Luke & Wampa
12" Collector's Luke Skywalker Bespin Fatigues
12" Collector's Luke Skywalker X-Wing Gear
12" Collector's Princess Leia
12" Collector's Chewbacca
12" Collector's Boba Fett
12" Collector's Sandtrooper
12" Biggs & Wedge

POTF Imperial AT-AT
POTF Imperial AT-ST
POTF Y-Wing
POTF Snowspeeder
POTF Mynock Hunt Cinema Scene
POTF 12" Dewback & Sandtrooper
POTF Admiral Motti CT
POTF Darth Vader w. Imperial Interrogation Droid CT
POTF R2-D2 w. Holographic Leia CT
POTF Stormtrooper w. Battle Damage CT
POTF Wuher CT
POTF 2-1B Medic Droid pic. or holo.
POTF Admiral Ackbar holo. or FF
POTF ASP-7 Droid holo.
POTF AT-AT Driver FF
POTF Obi-Wan Kenobi holo. or pic. (GC)
POTF Bib Fortuna holo.
POTF Biggs Darklighter FF
POTF Boba Fett pic. (OC)
POTF Captain Piett FF
POTF Chewbacca pic. (OC)
POTF Chewbacca pic. or holo (GC)
POTF Darth Vader pic. (OC)
POTF Darth Vader w. Removable Helmet FF
POTF Death Star Gunner pic. or holo.
POTF Death Star Trooper FF
POTF Emporer Palpatine w. Force Lightning FB
POTF Endor Rebel Soldier FF
POTF Ewoks: Wicket & Logray FF
POTF Gamorrean Guard holo. or FF
POTF Han Solo in Carbonite pic. (OC)
POTF Hoth Rebel Soldier holo., pic. or FF
POTF Ishi Tib FF
POTF Jawas pic. (OC)
POTF Jawas holo. or pic. (GC)
POTF Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker pic. (OC)
POTF Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker holo. or pic. (GC)
POTF Lak Sivrak FF
POTF Lando Calrissian pic. (OC)
POTF Lando as Skiff Guard holo. or FF
POTF Leia in Boushh Disguise pic. (GC)
POTF Luke Skywalker in Hoth Gear holo. or pic.
POTF Luke Skywalker in Imperial Disguise holo.
POTF Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper Disguise pic. (OC)
POTF Malakili holo. or FF
POTF Momaw Nadon pic. (OC)
POTF Momaw Nadon holo. or pic. (GC)
POTF Nien Nunb holo.
POTF Pote Snitkin FF
POTF R5-D4 pic. (OC)
POTF R5-D4 holo. or pic. (GC)
POTF Rebel Fleet Trooper pic., holo. or FF
POTF Saelt-Marae holo. or FF
POTF Sandtrooper FF
POTF Tie Fighter Pilot pic. (OC)
POTF Ugnauts FF
POTF Weequay holo. or FF
POTF Yoda FB
POTF Yoda holo. or pic. (GC)
POTF Zuckuss FF

EU Dark Trooper
EU Spacetrooper
EU Clone Emporer Palpatine
EU Imperial Sentinel
EU Kyle Katarn
EU Princess Leia

SOTE Boba Fett's Slave 1
SOTE Dash Rendar's Outrider
SOTE Swoop w. Swoop Rider
SOTE Chewbacca in Bounty Hunter Disguise
SOTE Dash Rendar
SOTE Luke Skywalker in Imperial Disguise
SOTE Prince Xizor
SOTE Boba Fett vs. IG-88 2-Pack
SOTE Prince Xizor vs. Darth Vader 2-Pack

EP1 Ammo Wagon & Falumpaset
EP1 Faamba w. Shield Generator & Gungan Warrior
EP1 Trade Federation Tank
EP1 Eopie & Qui-Gon
EP1 Sith Attack Speeder w. Darth Maul
EP1 Gungan Scout Sub w. Obi-Wan Kenobi
EP1 Watto's Box Cinema Scene
EP1 12" Amidala & Qui-Gon "Defense of Naboo"
EP1 12" Chancellor Valorum & Senate Guard

POTJ Tie Interceptor
POTJ B-Wing
POTJ 25th Anniversary Obi-Wan & Vader Final Duel
POTJ 12" Luke & Speeder Bike
POTJ 12" 100th Luke Skywalker
POTJ 12" Captain Tarpals & Kaadu

I'm currently up to date with the Saga line, all POTJ figures, and the EP1 figures. Please don't send me a list of "loose" items as I only collect carded/boxed merchandise.

katnipp
07-29-2002, 06:28 PM
O.K., if you're interested in the DisneyWorld Star Tours figures, contact me and I'll let you know what I'm planning for them.

Brian
"katnipp"
afpilot@bellsouth.net

jonboy
07-29-2002, 06:34 PM
I don't think that it is a very good idea trying to auction stuff here. As soon as this is seen by a few people, they will gang up on you without mercy. Just a friendly warning, man.

katnipp
07-29-2002, 06:38 PM
Hmmm, jonboy...guessing you're not interested... :o)

jonboy
07-29-2002, 06:55 PM
I would enjoy having those figs, but just be careful. I am not downing you or anything. It is just that there are some people here who love to pounce on guys trying to auction on this site. SirSteve himself had to jump in last time this happened. Again, I am not trying to insult you or anything, just tring to help prevent some nasty posting. Good luck on the figs, though.

katnipp
07-29-2002, 07:04 PM
Just thought I'd try something new...I'm basically just trading four sets of the new Star Tours figures for items that I still need in my collection. Don't see how that's different from any other barter. Everyone tries to get the most out of their trades, right?

Anyway, if anyone is interested, read my wants list and let me know what you'd give for them. In the finalities, it's up to us to decide if we can come to a mutual agreement for a trade.

jonboy
07-29-2002, 07:33 PM
Fair enough then, good luck.

jobi
07-29-2002, 09:16 PM
Take that crap to ebay!!!!!

I'm just kidding, was reading your dialog with jonboy and thought I would interject.

But, I agree with him some other forumites may jump down your throat. Maybe you should just post your haves and wants, not the rules of your auction. It just comes off a little weird. Just my .02

katnipp
07-29-2002, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by jobi
Maybe you should just post your haves and wants, not the rules of your auction. It just comes off a little weird. Just my .02

Noted and taken care of...thanks for the insight guys.

jonboy
07-29-2002, 09:41 PM
No problem, man. We are just trying to keep everyone happy. Things get out of hand fast here.

katnipp
08-01-2002, 12:10 PM
Hi all, just dropping you a quick line to announce the winners of the Disney exclusive Star Tours Figures-RX-24 "Rex", G2-4T, & R3-D3.

First I'd like to thank all who've participated. This endeavor wasn't initially created to pit any of you against each other-thus the "silent" portion of the offers to make it exciting for each of you by not knowing what the next person is or isn't offering. One thing that I guess I didn't take into consideration before we started this was that the Star Tours figures may mean more or less to some collectors than others. Alas, there was nothing I could do to remedy this. As I stated earlier to all of you, I only had four sets of the figures to trade. I really do wish I could have acquired more for all of you. But, I still plan on making return trips to Disney just for the reason of picking up more figures and if you didn't win today, we'll work something out later...not through another silent trade as you'll see why.

This thing was really alot of work. Before I list the winners, I'll explain how I came to my conclusions of a final decision to attempt to make things as fair as possible to all of you. First, I let you decide what you wanted to offer as compared to my wants list. Secondly, I let the typical Star Wars collector-through their eBay purchases-set the stage for the items that you've offered. Let me explain in a little further detail:

1. I looked up the item that you've offered in the Star Wars Super Collector's Wish Book by Geoffrey T. Carlton (if you don't have this book, run...don't walk.) Let's say you offered a POTF Tatooine Skiff item #P2V0022 (this wasn't on my list of wants-just an example.) The "book value" of this item is $40.00.

2. I now look up an auction for this item on eBay (typically representing the "market value" of the item.) Just for purposes of this example, let's just say the auction closes at $33.50.

3. I then took the "valued percentages" of the two sources. IE: 33.50 divided by 40 = .8375 or 83.8%.

4. This procedure kept me from choosing items that I wanted more personally and led me to choose items fairly through a set of standards for all of you.

Unfortunately, as with any game, there were rules established at the beginning of this one as well. In my original posts, I quote, "I reserve all rights in choosing the winners in reference to my own wants list." This was a key factor due to the fact that if you offered something that wasn't on my wants list, you didn't get credit for that item. I know that may seem slightly harsh, but I tried to hint this fact in my original posts. The main reason for the creation of this endeavor was to acquire items that aren't in my current collection...not to duplicate them. If you notice, I also didn't ask for any new Saga items on my wants list because that would render the Wish Book useless as this information is not published as of yet.

Now, in referencing eBay...boy, that can open a whole can of worms. I did not price hunt for the lowest price. Once I found an item, I stuck with that item. I had to due to the limited time of the game. If your item-let's say a POTF figure-closed with no bidders at $3.99, that's the credit that I posted. I didn't search for the same figure that closed elsewhere at $2.49. Also, if the total of the items that were offered equaled less than $30 (the original cost of all three Star Tours figures-less tax), you were disqualified from my searching for your valued percentage. If you offered three POTF figures that closed for a total of $11.50, I'll have to pick those up later. That just doesn't quite constitute my spending the $30+ for figures that would normally cost me $11.50. I hope you can see my point.

So, without any further ado and hoping that I didn't offend anyone with the way that I came to my conclusions, I'll list the winners and their valued percentages. I see no need in listing what was offered as to follow the nature of the "silent trade."

Winners
1. mwest@charter.net Michael West 123%
2. jjqcr@hotmail.com Jerry Jeffra 80%
3. jjqcr@hotmail.com Jerry Jeffra 76.6%
4. webmaster@jundlandwastes.com 58.5%

Runners Up
5. cohens4@umdnj.edu Stephen 56.4%
6. morgbug@hotmail.com Brent Elliot 51.9%
7. bosskmr@hotmail.com Michael Richard 22.3%
8. bosskmr@hotmail.com Michael Richard --
9. ddeluca@applied-textiles.com Don DeLuca --
10. kidd54331@aol.com --
11. sadaniels@alltel.net Steve Daniels --
12. itzfitz@prodigy.net Shawn Fitzgerald --
13. vadercrazy@hotmail.com VC --
14. jimsjedi@aol.com Jim --
15. bronfmui@hotmail.com Bronf Mui --
16. jediknight@nyc.odn.ne.jp "jedi knight" --

Once again, thanks for all who've participated and I did appreciate all offers. I hope I made this as fair as possible for everyone through the procedure that I used. For the three of you that won, I'll send another email to work out the final details. For those of you who didn't win today, again, I'll keep your email addresses and let you know when I'll be heading down that way again.

If you guys are capable of making it down that way on your own, some people are under the misconception that they actually have to pay admission and enter a park to acquire the exclusives. This is not so. "Once Upon A Toy" is located in "Downtown Disney," which is just a group of stores that is located outside the gates of the Disney parks. Orlando is definately worth the drive. There's alot more to do there than see Disney and at a fraction of the cost. You can even get great hotels for as low as $19.99 per night just outside the Disney grounds.

Thanks again,

"katnipp"

icatch9
08-01-2002, 01:10 PM
That's a whole heck of a lot of work for figures anyone will be able to get through the fan club in a few weeks. Good for you though you showed us all how much of a business this hobby can be.

katnipp
08-01-2002, 02:32 PM
Yeah, it was alot of work...but alot of fun too...

jrosen
08-02-2002, 07:54 AM
I would hate to be Michael West. He gave much more then he needed to. It seems that he may have been ripped off. By announcing this to everyone, I don't think you'll make many friends.

katnipp
08-04-2002, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by jrosen
I would hate to be Michael West. He gave much more then he needed to. It seems that he may have been ripped off. By announcing this to everyone, I don't think you'll make many friends.

Oh, so easy to BASH when ignorant to the facts at hand. Please allow me the opportunity to do the math for you.

If it's killin' you to the point that you really need to know, Mr. West offered ONE item that had a "book value" of $40, but sold on ePay for $49, thus providing his "valued percentage" to 1.225 or 123%.

You can see Mr. West's email address as listed above. Why don't you drop him a line at mwest@chartertn.net and ask if he feels cheated as soon as he receives his exclusives later this week. Then you can come back and erase your "bashing."

Wolfwood319
08-04-2002, 09:07 PM
What the hell is going on here...:rolleyes:

Some people take this crap way tooooo f'n seriously. All that work for 4 pieces of plastic. (Hell, those star tours figures look like crap anyway.)

katnipp
08-04-2002, 09:37 PM
Yeah, it really was alot of work...that's why I'm not doin' it again...

katnipp
08-15-2002, 06:23 PM
I just wanted to tell everyone thanks for everything. I'm regretfully saying "goodbye" once more to my Star Wars collection as well as these forums. My job is requiring too much of me for me to pursue this hobby any longer. I've had quite a lot of fun here and have met many interesting people. Throughout the next month or so, I'll be placing approximately 1,500 items on Ebay under the name of "katnippkom" as I really need the money for my family's relocation. I've acquired many hard to find items in the past and now hopefully I can help you guys fulfill some of the missing items in your collections. Farewell all...and of course, may the force be with you always and forever... :'(