PDA

View Full Version : future waves, holding now hard to finds.

Darth forb1us
07-29-2002, 07:06 PM
The assortment consists of 12 figures:
1 x Luminara Undali
1 x Taun We Kamino Cloner
2 x Ki-Adi Mundi
2 x Teemto Pagalies Pod Racer
2 x Watto
2 x Lott Dodd
2 x Tusken Raider w/ Mastiff
This wave (Star Wars Saga Collection 2 Wave 3)are due to ship in September

Star Wars Saga Collection 1 Wave 4. This case assortment consists of:
2 x Yoda
1 x Count Dooku
2 x Padme Amidala (Pilot)
1 x Anakin Skywalker Tatooine Attack
3 x Jango Fett (Pilot)
3 x Clonetrooper (Pilot)
This wave is also due in September

good new for those that are still missing a dooku, yoda, and for those that miss teemto and ki-adi

(if these are correct) -> http://www.action-figure.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=4894

hango fett
07-29-2002, 08:11 PM
what is the case assortment for the anikna wave that is out now? the TA anikan....
h.

DeadEye
07-29-2002, 08:13 PM
How ironic. The hard-to-find figures you mentioned coming in the future waves, are everywhere here. The only hard-to-find figures are the ones after #40 (they don't exist!) and the acklay. (It doesn't exist!)

hango fett
07-29-2002, 08:14 PM
they don't exist here either. although macewindu87 (my best freind) said he saw 1 darth maul but it was on saturday and there was only one and he had no money....
h.

Beast
07-29-2002, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by hango fett
what is the case assortment for the anikna wave that is out now? the TA anikan....
h.
The current case assortment that has Anakin: Tatooine Attack in it that is shipping to stores now, is this one. :)

EII Collection 1 (Wave 5)
3x Anakin Skywalker: Tatooine Attack (NEW)
3x Darth Maul: Sith Training (NEW)
2x Yoda: Jedi Master
1x Obi-Wan Kenobi: Jedi Starfighter Pilot
1x Count Dooku: Dark Lord
1x Anakin Skywalker: Hangar Duel
1x Jango Fett: Kamino Escape

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hango fett
07-29-2002, 08:26 PM
so the ki-adi and teemto aren't really the same wave as TA ani and maul? weird! wish i would have know that...
h.

Beast
07-29-2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by hango fett
so the ki-adi and teemto aren't really the same wave as TA ani and maul? weird! wish i would have know that...
h.
Why would they be the same wave? Anakin: Tatooine Attack and Darth Maul: Sith Training are collection 1 figures. And Ki-Adi-Mundi and Teemto Pagalies are Collection 2 figures. They should never be in the same assortment/wave together. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DeadEye
07-29-2002, 08:38 PM
Jar Jar, will this wave be on shelves by the first week of August? Some have said it's been out for nearly a month already but I don't trust them...:D

hango fett
07-29-2002, 08:41 PM
you can trust me! i have ki and teemot! JJB, what i meant by "wave" is that they were all released on the same time. i knew they weren;t in the same collection.......;)
h.

Beast
07-29-2002, 08:44 PM
It's been showing up for the last two weeks, in small quantities. It should start showing up more soon, just like the Chewie, Han, Obi-Wan figures, and the Palpatine and Puhr figures did. Just because somthing is out now, doesn't mean you should panic. Unlike movies, video games, and magazines that have specific on shelf dates, figures show up when they show up. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hango fett
07-29-2002, 08:45 PM
they show up when the wal-mart tuck rounds the bend!
h.

DeadEye
07-29-2002, 08:46 PM
Will the Anakins be as rare as Dooku was?

tagmac
07-29-2002, 09:07 PM
Only if the scalpers and e-bay crooks hoard them all and try to pass them off as rare. Having 3 per case usually means they are not rare (unlike the shortpacked POTF Leia, Lando, Bespin Luke, etc.).

While on the subject, I found a ton of Dookus and HD anakin's today, as well as Bespin Luke (the flesh pegged version - not one bloody Luke in the bunch). Yoda seems to be the only difficult one to find....haven't seen one in several few weeks, and thankfully it was in the hands of a very happy little kid.

Darth forb1us
07-29-2002, 09:08 PM
hehe shouldve said hard to find's *here* :p
yoda and dooku are NO where to be found.
hanger duel anakin is also no where to be found, thankfully I have 1-40 and havent seen/heard of the latest hitting shelves here yet :p

in response to will anakin be rare now, maybe.
Outland Peasant anakin is covering 1/3 of the displays around here, zam wessel covering another 1/5 approxomately lol.
Hanger anakin is no where to be found. being that this one is resembling hanger, I think it will fly. (around here anyways)

Lord Tenebrous
07-29-2002, 09:14 PM
I dunno, for me, a better wave breakdown would have been:

1x TA Anakin
1x ST Maul
2x Padme Pilot
2x Jango Pilot
6x Clone Pilot

Two cases would satisfy three Gunships, while still having conservative numbers of single main characters. Dooku and Yoda can ship later, once the first Ani/Maul wave stops shipping, and there is still demand. This might be overdoing it a bit.

Collection 2 is alright. :)

Darth forb1us
07-29-2002, 09:54 PM
I totally agree Tenebrous, what's the sense of sending both cases with yoda? (coll 1, wave 4. and coll 1, wave 5)
drop yoda and dooku (from wave4) and give us more of those Clone Trooper Pilots!

Beast
07-29-2002, 10:02 PM
I agree as well, but with the ammount of posts where people are complaining that they still can't find Yoda or Dooku, is it any real suprise that they are still shipping them. Hasbro can't win in this matter. If they stop shipping Yoda and Dooku again, then everyone will be complaining, and if they continue to ship them, everyone else will complain. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DeadEye
07-29-2002, 10:04 PM
That's so odd...i've seen Yoda, and Dooku and HD Anakin here and there,...but they're certainly not warming the pegs. :D

LTBasker
07-29-2002, 10:12 PM
I think these would accomodate people:

1x Yoda
1x Dooku
2x Jango Pilot
2x Padme Pilot
4x Clone Pilot
2x TA Anakin

1x Yoda
1x Dooku
4x Clone Pilot
3x Darth Maul
1x Anakin
1x Jango Pilot
1x Padme Pilot

Anyone shortpacked? No. The case with the 2x of Padme, Jango and Anakin would ship first then Darth Maul would ship at the exact same time at 3x with more Yodas and Dookus plus enough Clone Pilots all around for Gunships.

Exhaust Port
07-29-2002, 10:40 PM
I'm one of those collectors still looking for a Yoda. I found and bought the one and only Dooku I've seen. Of the listed figures, I'm most excited by the Clonetrooper Pilot. Rock on.

Mace Windex
07-30-2002, 07:27 AM
Here in Florida the hardest to find original figures are Yoda and Dooku. I bought on the first day I got what I thought would be hard to get. Since April I have only seen Yoda on the shelves ONCE after the original shipments and I try to hit the stores every day or so. Dooku shows up more often but not much. Everyone else has been easy to find. The weird thing now is that the supply of R2 D2s and HD Anakins have dried up. They are all gone!
My Walmart got in something like 20 Acklays and within two weeks they had only sold maybe two of them. I skipped the store one day, came back and EVERY ONE of them was gone! Looks like a scalper cleared out the entire stock!
Now I am waiting to find the new deluxe figs, new Anakin, Target sets, etc.

hango fett
07-30-2002, 08:28 AM
i want the jango pilot and CT pilot. jango pilot for my slave 1!
h.

Darth Detori
07-30-2002, 08:29 AM
everything but the acklay and the ki adi wave are easy to find here. Ki's were easy to find for, oh, one day

Lt Kettch
07-30-2002, 08:51 AM
i live just outside of Daytona Beach, Fl and we have yet to see the acklay or anything past Djas and Palpy, going hunting today though, so who knows.

DeadEye
07-30-2002, 08:55 AM
Kettch, our selection is the same as yours. The first 40, but nothing past, and still no acklay!!!

Jar Jar, did hasbro make acklays in small quantities or something?

Lord Tenebrous
07-30-2002, 09:25 AM
It's not in the case assortments, but I think it was 2x Acklay, 2x Reek. So with most stores, its probably an issue of balancing stock. Piling up $15 shelfwarmers for a duo of Acklays doesn't seem to be a well-accepted idea. Hopefully, Hasbro will ditch the beast mix and just send Acklay 4x.

From what I've seen, the Nexu distribution is ideal, but the ever-growing deluxe stock is causing problems for a certain Jedi and Droid....

DeadEye
07-30-2002, 09:32 AM
Jedi and droid? You mean the deluxe Mace?

And I still don't quite understand. The stores here have like twenty reeks and not one acklay...why?

Beast
07-30-2002, 09:53 AM
No, by Jedi and Droid he means the new Deluxe Yoda w/ Super Battle Droid and Deluxe C-3PO w/ Battle Droid sets. You know, Jedi = Yoda. And Droid = C-3PO. :) And the Acklay is shipping, just have some patience, or order online. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DeadEye
07-30-2002, 11:37 AM
So, did the acklay come out alongside a certain figure wave? Because when we first got the Bespin wave there were Maces and Jangos but no Lukes or Vaders.

And are the 2 new deluxes out with this latest wave?

Darth forb1us
07-30-2002, 12:41 PM
I wasnt complaining JarJar, just agreeing to a case assortment that I thought would be greater for the mass
I think reshipping yoda is great! I know (from people at one TRU) that a lot of kids have been trying to get yoda, but scalpers and other's have beaten the little tikes to it. Now they will get their chance (unless scalpers flock to the new shipment :frus: )

I personally would like to get another dooku and yoda, to open.
the ones I have are for the moc set.

what sounded so good about dropping these 2 from 1 case, and adding clone pilots: is I fear the pilots will be scalped before most have a chance to get the first delivery, or even the second! :/
ah well, lets cross our fingers :)

*50 posts! * haha

sunblind
07-31-2002, 11:34 AM
The Acklay. Havent seen it. Oh and the Tie-Bomber.......I wont go there.

Max Power
07-31-2002, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

The current case assortment that has Anakin: Tatooine Attack in it that is shipping to stores now, is this one. :)

EII Collection 1 (Wave 5)
1x Obi-Wan Kenobi: Jedi Starfighter Pilot
1x Count Dooku: Dark Lord

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Actually, the case I received from NewForce comics was as follows:
1x Jango Fett: Final Battle
1x Luke Skywalker (Bespin) plastic peg

So, maybe there are a few assortments shipping right now?

Max Power

-JediMaster-Yoda-
07-31-2002, 01:19 PM
Plo Koon is rare around here!

DeadEye
07-31-2002, 01:56 PM
That's weird...he's totally warming the pegs here.

hango fett
07-31-2002, 01:59 PM
yep...there are about 25 at the wal-mart west of us.
h.