PDA

View Full Version : Talking Ship Part 1: The Best

sith_killer_99
10-15-2001, 09:11 PM
This one's pretty straight forward. What do you think is the best ship/vehicle released since the line started up again in 95?

Personally, my vote goes to:

B-Wing! I was actually suprised by how much I liked this thing. I never really gave it much credit during the movies.

With honerable mentions going to TIE Interceptor and Darth Vader's TIE Fighter!

Thoughts?

master jedi
10-15-2001, 09:21 PM
Two of my favorites are the electronic X-Wing and the B-Wing.

bigbarada
10-15-2001, 10:10 PM
I pick the Tatooine Skiff, mainly because it retains all of its vintage features and throws in a well-done paint scheme.

The colors on the TIE Interceptor are also a vast improvement over the almost monotone vintage version.

Hmmm, two votes for the B-Wing. Seems I might just have to check this one out.

You should start a thread on which vehicles were completely ruined in their re-released versions.

Lobito
10-15-2001, 10:48 PM
Hmmm...i have 4 winners:

Luke's red five X-wing
AT-AT
Naboo Royal Starship
Millenium Falcon

Bel-Cam Jos
10-15-2001, 10:51 PM
I actually like the T-16 Skyhopper. But for re-releases of former vintage ships, I'd go with the B-Wing also.

GNT
10-16-2001, 03:08 AM
The Skiff and the B-Wing,both are very well done!

evenflow
10-16-2001, 10:25 AM
I will go with the Skiff. :D

Beast
10-16-2001, 03:47 PM
Gotta go with the B-Wing, great looking ship. Lotsa details and a awesome paintjob. Also a huge fan of the new Interceptor and the Y-wing.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rollo Tomassi
10-17-2001, 12:37 AM
Electronic F/X X-Wing...even with that darn Luke permanantly stuck in the cockpit.

The T-16 gets an honorable mention although I don't know why...

GNT
10-17-2001, 02:01 AM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
even with that darn Luke permanantly stuck in the cockpit.

He doesnt have to stay in there permanantly,you could always get him out but it might damage him

hairless chewie
10-17-2001, 06:08 AM
It has to be the B-wing! Awesome job on an awesome vehicle. If I was a Rebel pilot I'd want a B Wing.

Rollo Tomassi
10-17-2001, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by GNT

He doesnt have to stay in there permanantly,you could always get him out but it might damage him

Then he'd be legless veteran Luke from the EU...:( :rolleyes:

JEDIpartner
10-17-2001, 11:58 AM
Naboo Royal Cruiser and Millennium Falcon get my votes!

We like the big ships!!!

:D

Mandalorian Candidat
10-17-2001, 07:31 PM
I look at it at different angle. Which have the best playability/price ratio? I think the B-Wing is hands down the worst. $40 (or $27.90) doesn't justify not putting in electronics or projectiles. It's a big ship with a couple of features. The figure isn't original nor exclusive. Therefore I rate this one at or near the bottom of the barrel.

The best are the Falcon, AT-AT, and Queen's ship. I'd never ever pay full price for these because they aren't worth it. However I got them for $25, $10, and $37.50 respectively and have to say they rate much higher than anything else. The electronics and multiple features make them fun to play with, not only as vehicles but also as playsets. A close runner up is the Snowspeeder.

Tycho
10-17-2001, 10:57 PM
ATAT for all its nostalgia.

The Queen's Royal Starship is a darn unique toy though.

GNT
10-18-2001, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
Then he'd be legless veteran Luke from the EU...:( :rolleyes:

Then you'll have to find him some legs then :D

scruffziller
05-26-2002, 06:34 PM
I liked the Millenium Falcon.

DarthMaulSithLord
05-26-2002, 07:49 PM
Winners:
- Force FX X-Wing (Don't own it thanks to deadbeat trader).
- Millennium Falcon.
- Naboo Starship.
- Snowspeeder.

Runners up:
- Naboo Starfighter.
- AT-AT.
- TIE-Bomber (Looks very sweet, can't wait to get it, kinda miss electronics in this ship)

So basically every ship that makes sounds :p

My alltime favs were the first three listed.

The losers IMHO:
- Cruise Missile Trooper (Ugly as hell).
- All other EU vehicles (Cheap pack-ins, stupid features).
- T-16 Skyhopper (Ugh! Horrible features!).
- Darth Vader's TIE-Fighter (Cheap plastic, stupid guns, low detail just a damn waste of a great movie vehicle).
- B-Wing (No sounds and still that annoyinh out of proportion landing gear! 'Nuff said!).

:)

jrviking07
05-29-2002, 11:36 PM
b-wing, falcon, and snowspeeder

Tycho
05-30-2002, 07:16 AM
Make sure you guys go into polls and participate in the section called Battle Time!

We're letting SSG's readers pick the all-time best Hasbro StarWars vehicles in a brackett tournament there!

jet chan
07-09-2002, 08:20 PM
:D
of the ones i have my favorite is the at at, with the a wing in mind you i don't own too many i mostly collect action fleet of which my favorite is the tie defender, but thats a totally different subject:eek:
the one i want the most thats been made is the b wing
the one i'm waiting for is the imperial shuttle(that one they'd have to screw up real bad to make not cool):frus: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

DarthBrandon
07-09-2002, 08:27 PM
Well my favorites are the Millenium Falcon, the AT-AT and for some darn reason I really like the Jedi-Starfighter, don't know why. I just think it's a way cool looking ship.

Bent Wookie
07-10-2002, 11:52 AM
I personally really like the Shuttle Tyderium a lot. But nothing beats the AT-AT in my mind. The FX X-Wing comes in a close third. All true Star Wars ships are pretty cool in their own way. It's the EU ones that could've been a LOT better...

FKA Broke Collector
08-04-2002, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Bent Wookie
I personally really like the Shuttle Tyderium a lot. But nothing beats the AT-AT in my mind. The FX X-Wing comes in a close third. All true Star Wars ships are pretty cool in their own way. It's the EU ones that could've been a LOT better...

I can't remember Dash Rendar's ship's name (the Outrider or something????) Did anyone get the toy and was it worth it?

DarthBrandon
08-04-2002, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by FKA Broke Collector

I can't remember Dash Rendar's ship's name (the Outrider or something????) Did anyone get the toy and was it worth it?

I bought the Outrider and it's actually not that bad of a ship, the details are not that bad and it has some cool functions. I'd give it a B rating.:)

jonboy
08-05-2002, 02:23 PM
I think that I would have to go with the AT-AT. It is just so cool. I think that one of the ones that got messed up was the Y-Wing. They ruined it by having a fixed droid when we could have had a socket to put any one that we wanted in it. The AT-AT on the other hand was a great improvement on an already nice vintage toy.

Darth Marra 54
08-05-2002, 11:46 PM
I agree At-AT might be the best but that could change

DarthBrandon
08-06-2002, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by Darth Marra 54
I agree At-AT might be the best but that could change

That's definitely a possibility with all the new vehicles (ships) that are coming out from now unit 2008 approx.:)

vader419
08-12-2002, 04:14 PM
i'd have to say the new toys r us exclusive x-wing.
it's to scale, the r2 is removeable, those little accessories(light, trunk, and ration kit).
they fixed the landing gear from the fx version, got rid of the lame missle, and handle. and you can now put just about any pilot in except the fatty porkins.
imho it is the best ship they have put out yet and i have them all except the potf2 y-wing exclusive

oh and the dirty r2 kicks @$$:D

robman71
08-12-2002, 04:33 PM
The Naboo Royal Starship tops my list. There are just too many things about it not to put it at the top.
Next is the Tie Bomber. (Just a great Piece)
I also enjoy Jango Fett's Slave 1.

AdmiralPiett
08-12-2002, 11:42 PM
The AT-AT is the best IMHO. First, it had real quotes by General Veers and second because it came with not one, but two figures. Plus, it looks so close to the ones in ESB and ROTJ. Pretty good for a 20 year old mold.
Piett

sicqnus
08-28-2002, 07:26 AM
Best of all : X-Wing POWER FX !

2- Tie Bomber (I've been waiting soooooo long !!!).
3 - POTF2 Skiff.
4 - Darth Vader's Tie Fighter (great new accurate mold, the vintage one was ugly).
5 - B-Wing fighter.
6 - Snowspeeder POTJ.
7- Naboo fighter (very well done).
8 - Slave One AOTC (very cute).

rynobot
08-31-2002, 08:13 PM
my favorite ship is the A-Wing.

mini-rock
09-04-2002, 02:45 AM
1. Naboo Royal Starship

2. Millenium Falcon

3. Slave 1

4. Tied - Jedi Starfighter/Naboo Starfighter

Jayspawn
09-05-2002, 01:39 AM
I really like the A-Wing a lot. The TIE Interceptor is very big with me. So is the TRU X-Wing w/ R2.

Tycho
09-05-2002, 09:53 PM
Interestingly enough, the AT-AT appears to have taken SSG
Readers' overall vote for the best Hasbro vehicle of all-time.

Ships that got close were:

Jango Fett's Slave One.
The TIE Bomber
The Speederbike
The Naboo Fighter
The TIE Interceptor
Luke's Landspeeder (old one)
The AT-ST

Ships that might have faired better that you guys listed were:

the A-wing (lost to the TIE Interceptor in the first round)
the Falcon (lost to the AT-AT)
the Royal Starship (lost to the Falcon)
the B-wing (lost to the TIE Bomber in the first round)
the skiff (lost to the AAT Tank and AT-ST - special match decision)

Did you guys follow or not-follow the SSG Battle of the Machines?

It's in the Polls section, under "Battle Time"

sith_killer_99
09-05-2002, 10:07 PM
I followed the battles pretty close and voted in several of them.

WOW, this is an older thread. It has poped up a few times, usually right after a major ship/vehicle is released. I don't think that the TIE Bomber or Snowspeeder had even been released when I started it.

I do like the AT-AT, as a vehicle. But my vote still goes to my #1 ship....the B-Wing.:D

Though, I have yet to find the new X-Wing and I am looking forward to an X-Wing with an R2 slot.

I think the main reason the AT-AT is not really mentioned is that this thread tends to ignore the "vehicles" and concentrate more on the space ships. Another big factor in the AT-AT's win was the majority rules thing.

Turbowars
09-07-2002, 02:07 PM
#1 AT-AT #2 WM Tie #3 TRU X-wing, #4 TRU Speeder #5 Y-Wing

The Overlord Returns
09-19-2002, 11:20 AM
hmmm...

1. At At
2. Falcon
3. Jangos Slave 1
4: TRU x wing
5: tie interceptor

Old Fossil
09-20-2002, 09:08 PM
#1: TIE Bomber
#2: AT-AT
#3: Darth Vader's TIE Fighter
#4: A-Wing Fighter (cute little warship!)

I don't own a B-Wing or a TIE Interceptor, so I can't rate 'em. I used to own a Y-Wing, but sold it for several reasons (very out of scale, poor landing gear, permanent R2, no electronics).

Lewis
01-25-2003, 05:05 AM
Mine is.....

1 Saga X-Wing
2 Jedi Starfighter
3 B-Wing

:p