PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else upset about these paparazzi pics of Natalie?

Lt Kettch
07-30-2002, 09:42 AM
I don't know if you guys have seen them, but I was chatting with some kids the other day, and they were talking about these hot new pictures of natalie with her hand down her pants. Now i agree, perhaps Natalie should have realized where she was, before she did what she did, but the fact that there was Paparazzi around to photograph her just sickens me. these are the types of things that should not be published. whats your opinion on this?

mabudonicus
07-30-2002, 10:01 AM
I'm upset, alright. Nobody told me about em!!! They sound great...
Anyways, this'll prolly get closed for bad grammar or subject matter, but quickly, I have no sympathy for any "star" who gets upset about being famous, just like I have no sympathy for music industry types who cry about how the industry might collapse if filesharing continues(my views on that are pretty complex, but that's the upshot, don't wanna get off topic, I support my fave bands, but overhyped junk that makes less money for the artist and more for the whole bloated industry is killing the chance of ever having widely available, good music END)
If folks weren't so durn petty (ohhh, look, THAT's what it looks like when Jack Nicholson uses the washroom- PLEASE), there would be no paparrazzi. The whole "star culture" of north america is quite vain and ridiculous.
I like guys like Miles Davis's approach, in the 60's, he refused to give interviews (granted there were other reasons as well as this one) saying that he wanted people to identify with him through his music, and that beyond that, there was nothing anyone would need to know. How Bout Steve Ditko(creator of Spider Man, no matter what you've heard)?? Ever seen a pic or read an interview with him?? You won't. One of the greatest talents (IMO) in the comic game, and the only thing you can know about him is his work. He was HUGE. No one cared who he was, just what he did, and that was enough. I (indirectly) know a guy who worked with him inking his work, and he spoke to him once or twice, and didn't have anything to say about him other than it was fun to ink his work.
All's I'm saying is, don't blame the paparrazzi, blame NA society and the stupid level of vanity. Any culture where , after a tragedy, the victims get asked "Now that he/she/it is dead, HOW DO YOU FEEL??", and people want to see that, has some SERIOUS problems, worse than people sneakin around taking secret, shameful pictures. Check out CNN if you need proof:)!!
PS this ain't a flame. I'm feeling very political today:)!!!

Lt Kettch
07-30-2002, 10:04 AM
good point man, i'm not so much upset with the paparazzi as i am that our culture has a demand for pics like these

DeadEye
07-30-2002, 10:09 AM
You really shouldn't have posted this...I just know derek is going to come in here and talk more trash about me...so I'll just get my word in now. I think it's disgusting how the media is invading on people's lives like that.

Pendo
07-30-2002, 10:22 AM
I agree with DeadEye, I think the way the media invades people's lives is disgusting...

...but I'd still like to see the pictures ;).

PENDO!

DeadEye
07-30-2002, 10:23 AM
LOL. Good one, Pendo. Sure, the pics are pleasant and all...I wonder if she even knows people are seeing her scratching her butt like that. :D

mabudonicus
07-30-2002, 10:32 AM
Lt Ketch- Right on, man, I'm glad you didn't take that bit as a flame. I try to post things here so that no-one feels like I'm urinating on em, but some things about our "culture" really brown me off, and I can't hide it. Glad you clarified that, and glad to know I'm not the only one..... I haven't seen you post before, so straight to you, HOWDY PARDNER!!:):)

DarthBrandon
07-30-2002, 10:46 AM
The media today only focuses on sex, violence, scandals, and mayhem. They give the people what they want, so it doesn't say much for the people. Nobody wants to read or watch programs about do gooders anymore; they want all the nasty dirt on them instead. It's really disgusting how the media invades people’s lives. It also shows us that Celebs are not so perfect, they are just like the rest of us.

In following Pendo

Bring on the pics baby!:)

scruffziller
07-30-2002, 10:48 AM
Yea I agree I am mad that noone told me about em.

vulcantouch
07-30-2002, 10:50 AM
. . .like for example, if one of these celebs shows up outta the blue at a busy restaurant you made advance reservations for, you'll likely find yourself waiting an xtra hour as they're accomodated. celebs enjoy modern-day royalty status that comes with uncounted perks; havin their pix snapped once in a while is a damn small price to pay in return for this power & fame they, in nearly all cases, Intentionally sought.
besides, if it weren't for ethically-gray paparazzo ron galella (http://www.salon.com/sept97/columnists/paglia970916.html) we wouldn't have the timeless, impossibly yummy & historically important street pix of jackie (http://www.etonline.com/celebrity/a10354.htm) :kiss: "tabloids are the best investigative journalism on the planet. you can read the New York Times if you want, they get lucky Once in while"- k, Men In Black :D
i know the nat pic to which you refer, cuz the craig kilborn show used it on their hilarious "recreation of a press photo" comedy bit, with their husky, amiable propmaster todd bartel assuming the nat pose :crazed:
vt

Exhaust Port
07-30-2002, 11:04 AM
I've run across the topless pictures of NP on the internet, I don't know if those were the same paparazzi shots that those kids were talking about.

Fame does have it's baggage that it comes with but there are also lines that should be protected for everyone no matter how famous they are. If someone does their best to be private in their own private house then I'd have problems with someone intruding on their land to get pictures. I just think that the paparazzi crosses that line sometimes.

darthvyn
07-30-2002, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by brandon
The media today only focuses on sex, violence, scandals, and mayhem. They give the people what they want, so it doesn't say much for the people. Nobody wants to read or watch programs about do gooders anymore; they want all the nasty dirt on them instead. It's really disgusting how the media invades people’s lives. It also shows us that Celebs are not so perfect, they are just like the rest of us.

In following Pendo

Bring on the pics baby!:)

okay, but you are part of the people. is that what YOU want? i don't think anyone really WANTS this stuff, it's just sensationalistic journalism, the stuff that gets you to watch in disgust - like a bad car wreck - you don't want to see it, but if it's there, it's going to catch your attention. the only thing the media is after is to catch your attention, so you're still looking at the tv in shock and dismay when the commercials are on. and the products that you "can't live without" seem to make your life so much better - oh, maybe if i buy lemon scented pledge, my house won't burn down like that one on the news did.

DarthBrandon
07-30-2002, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by darthvyn

okay, but you are part of the people. is that what YOU want? i don't think anyone really WANTS this stuff, it's just sensationalistic journalism, the stuff that gets you to watch in disgust - like a bad car wreck - you don't want to see it, but if it's there, it's going to catch your attention. the only thing the media is after is to catch your attention, so you're still looking at the tv in shock and dismay when the commercials are on. and the products that you "can't live without" seem to make your life so much better - oh, maybe if i buy lemon scented pledge, my house won't burn down like that one on the news did.

The last part was a joke darthvyn:)

QLD
07-30-2002, 11:29 AM
All I know is, my mother taught me better than to jam my hand up my bum in public. I have see the pictures, as they had been posted here recently.

And as much fun as it can be, I don't really want to see this turn into a Deadeye thread either.

But back to point, she had her hand so far up there, she could have flipped you off through her mouth.

Seriously, I was raised better than that. So, if she wants to dig up her butt in publc, than, well, it's her fault that the picture is circulating today. It's wrong to have people peek over their private fences at home and such to get pictures, but if they are out in public, they ought to be DAMN glad that people care enough about them to snap pictures. Because, it's ironic, that when everyone stop caring, they do everything they can to get attention again.

I do not feel sorry for any of them at all really. It's one of the sacrifices that anyone who plans on acting or being an athlete DREAMS about making. They can't wait for stardom.....but then ***** when they get it. Some handle it well, some don't.

I guess I am going in circles here, so I will stop.

Anyway, if someone posts the pics, a mod might get mad. I think one did before because this is a family site. And everyone knows familys do not have butt cracks.

:D

darthvyn
07-30-2002, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by brandon

The last part was a joke darthvyn:)

i know. but the whole "give the people what they want thing" wasn't, right? that's what i was responding to. i really don't think the people really want this stuff. maybe i have more faith in the general populace than is true (surprisingly, because one of my favorite sayings is "i hate people") but i just don't think we actually WANT all this crap. it just feeds on our baser instincts.

DarthBrandon
07-30-2002, 12:00 PM
Yeah, well tell that to the millions and millions that buy the National Enquirer, The Star, Nude Celebs etc. If the general populace didn't want it, they wouldn't buy it.:)

Their slogan should be like McDonalds: Over A Billion Served.:)

icatch9
07-30-2002, 12:02 PM
It is sick, but it's human nature. People like to see others at funny moments in their lives. All of us have gone down below for a scratch or two. Most have sense enough not to do it in public. The reason why I think people thrive on these photos is because it shows vulnerability. Everyone wants to feel like they are better than someone else. Embarrassing someone on purpose gives us a feeling of superiority. That is what we thrive on. We see a photo of NP shaking hands with her bottom and we feel better about ourselves, because we'd never do anything like that in public. This photo would be funny if it where anyone, even if you didn't know them. This photo would be even funnier if it was some girl you know. Most people feel like they personally know celebrities, simply because they are in our daily lives. Which is why we thrive on these kinds of photos. Personally I'd rather see an embarrassing photo of that mean chick I used to sit next to in English Lit class, and she's not even famous.

Exhaust Port
07-30-2002, 12:35 PM
That's what class reunions are for. Time isn't kind to a lot of those people from high school. :)

2-1B
07-30-2002, 01:50 PM
QLD is correct, the pic has been posted here recently - but where did it go? :D

Well, as a member of the papparazzi, I am sickened by your disregard for my journalistic rights. :mad: Our photos are our art. ;)

I've got some wild pics of Phil Donahue if anyone is interested.

icatch9
07-30-2002, 02:44 PM
Nothing personal, but where the photos of Princess Dianna's car crash art too. All those "journalists" takeing photos instead of helping. Helping save a life or a photo that's going to get you some quick cash. Tough call :(. IMO paparizzie take photos only to sell them and make money. Sure, it's like any other job. Still, thier job is dirty because the photos of the most famouse people at thier worst moment always bring in the biggest $$
:greedy: :greedy: :greedy: :(

thespar
07-30-2002, 03:18 PM
when some one is out in public the should think that someone is out there just waiting to take a pic. then only time i have problems with the pap no ofense is intead is we they cross public ie sidewalks and go into personla areas ie backyard but this people have the rigth to make a living.

hango fett
07-30-2002, 03:20 PM
to anyone who wnats to see the pictures: they are on natalieportman.com
just thought i would let you know:)
h.

JON9000
07-30-2002, 08:53 PM
Well, sometimes ya just gotta scratch. Sucks for her, but everything has its downside I guess. People who get involved in showbiz and the like know the cost with regards to their anonymity. She made the choice, and I doubt this will hurt her career.

rynobot
07-30-2002, 09:02 PM
I thought the gal looked to tall to be Nat, but oh well.

BoShek
07-30-2002, 10:55 PM
I hate to sound sick but where are the links? I want to know what all of the fuss is about . . . I can't imagine what they look like and why everyone is in a stir about them. You can send me pm if you want.

BoShek
07-30-2002, 11:40 PM
Never mind. I found them.

My verdict: No big deal!

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-31-2002, 03:58 AM
I've seen them before. Whoever took those pictures has problems. Then again, so do all paparazzi's.

rynobot
07-31-2002, 04:06 AM
The paparazzi murdered Princess Diane, and they still won't stop, they're watching me right now. AHHHHHHH!!!!

Jonna
07-31-2002, 04:14 AM
I don't know why people get so obsessed with being famous. I would hate it if people knew everything about me and constantly bothered me. I like anonymity; I like stalking around in the darkness and watching all of the humans completely unaware of my REAL ULTIMATE POWER. Shazam!

rynobot
07-31-2002, 04:20 AM
I like lurking in the darkness, its like a game to me, see how far you can go without being seen. If a little kid sees you just don't move untill he touches you, then just explain that your playing a game with a make believe kid, or your looking for your puppy dog. If a big person sees you then run to hills and hide in shack in the woods.:)