PDA

View Full Version : PEPSI BLUE: is it the one for you?

JEDIpartner
07-30-2002, 11:16 AM
Well... Pepsi Blue has finally hit the shelves here in Ohio. I picked up a bottle and, to be honest with you, it's horrible. It tastes a lot like Crystal Pepsi with a non-descript berry flavour mixed in for good measure. The blue colour is startlingly dark. The label graphic is cutting edge and has the "extreme" look about it. You know what market they are clearly going for. I may try it again once I am not feeling quite so ill. For now... I think this product is sure to tank.

Jonna
07-30-2002, 11:23 AM
How bad is the soda pop industry doing that they have to make all these new hidious drinks just to stir up curiosity in the consumer in order to bring the consumer back to their brand of products?

Exhaust Port
07-30-2002, 11:36 AM
Wow, I haven't even heard of this product until I read this thread. What is it "suppose" to taste like? I just might have to pick up a can.

Beast
07-30-2002, 11:41 AM
Being a huge pepsi fan, even I haven't heard about this. It must have slipped under my radar. Is it avaliable in 2-liters JEDIpartnr? Or just like vanilla coke, is it only out in 20 oz. for now, as a test of the flavor?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DahrJin
07-30-2002, 11:43 AM
So it's one of those drinks you don't allow a child to have in your living room. :)

I could just see it getting spilled all over and washing everything in BLUE.

Haven't seen it yet, so I can't comment on how it tastes.

mrhat
07-30-2002, 12:05 PM
Well i actually got a free 12 pack of 20 oz bottles from Pepsi Cola by signing up for it on Bolt, i in reality hate Cola, But Pepsi Blue is actually kind of good, the Dye is kind of Chunky on Ice, but it hasn't killed me. The Berry Flavor covers up any trace of pepsi in it. Which i liked, i think they put something in it, i mean once you have one, you want another. At least according to the people who tried it. So its a good soda IMO. It should be out nationally In August, initally it will be availible only in the 20 oz form, but will go to cans then 2 liters. So 20 oz for now.

Exhaust Port
07-30-2002, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Is it avaliable in 2-liters JEDIpartnr? Or just like vanilla coke, is it only out in 20 oz. for now, as a test of the flavor?

I've seen Vanilla Coke in 2 liter, 20 oz as well as cans. I have this feeling that VC is beyond the test flavor stage and is here to stay.

Beast
07-30-2002, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Exhaust Port
I've seen Vanilla Coke in 2 liter, 20 oz as well as cans. I have this feeling that VC is beyond the test flavor stage and is here to stay.
Oh I know that Vanilla Coke is out in 2-liters now. I was just wondering if Pepsi was doing the same thing and test marketing it only in 20's and 1-liter bottles. According to their site, yes they are. They said that cans and 2-liters will be out in November or December. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
07-30-2002, 12:30 PM
I am repulsed by Pepsi, so I better take a pass on this one.

Hey JP, has Britney Spears been doing any promos for it? :D

Beast
07-30-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
I am repulsed by Pepsi, so I better take a pass on this one.
Hey JP, has Britney Spears been doing any promos for it? :D
Repulsed by pepsi, you must be destroyed. I don't know if I want to do your movie now. ;) I don't know if she is or not. But I think they should have "Blue Man Group" do the promos for it. Or atleast secure the song, "I'm Blue." :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
07-30-2002, 12:56 PM
No, it won't be allowed on set.
No, Blue Man Group should not be pushing it, I won't ever buy Pentium because of them!

But here's an idea, why not promote it with the movie Blue Crush ? ? ? ? ? :crazed:

No, that won't work, because then Crush will add blueberry to their ranks of orange, grape, peach . . . PEACH for cryin' out loud, that's almost as bad as Pepsi!

Needles
07-30-2002, 01:31 PM
i havent heard of this drink till now,Ill get it when I go to Shop Rite tonight,thats if they have it,if its as horrible as Vanilla Coke ,then I will never drink this product,and Pepsi is the best Soda Pop industry imho

icatch9
07-30-2002, 01:40 PM
I don't know much about this blue Pepsi, Sounds good and I want to try it. Recently there have been a lot of flavored colas. Another new one is Red Fusion Dr Pepper. I bought a case and it's real good.

Now, I'm not business guru or even a marketing guru. Heck I didn't even take a single business class in college. Still, I've got a pretty good head on my shoulders and notice things that other people may not. Anyway, I doubt Pepsi and Coke are hurting. They are billion dollar companies that sell this stuff all over the world. I think what may be the reason is the "generic" brand cola that is cutting into their profits. Think about it. WM is the worlds most profitable company. They sell their own line of soft drinks. They have cola, root beer, mountain lightning, but they also have orange, grape, strawberry, and even raspberry. I love these alternate flavored drinks, and the only place you can get them is from the "generic" companies. So, my theory is that Pepsi and Coke realize that people are buying a bunch of these other flavors, one because they are cheaper, and two because they are something different. So, these force Pepsi and Coke to have different flavor drinks to offer to the public. I don't know if you are aware of this, but Coke now owns Fanta, which only has these alternate flavor soft drinks. Those sexually oriented commercials are on a lot, and if you look at the fine print you'll see that they are a division of Coke.

Soda pop is like every other business, out to make money any which way.

Beast
07-30-2002, 01:46 PM
My brother grabbed me a 20 oz. of Pepsi Blue after picking up Resident Evil at Media Play. It's pretty good actually, better then Vanilla Coke. I like Vanilla Coke, but it gets old fast. It's way to rich and sweet to drink regularly.

Pepsi Blue does have a strong berry taste though, and overpowers the cola taste. It's definatly unique tasting, and look forward to picking it up to add variety, instead of Cherry Pepsi all the time. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mandalorian Candidat
07-30-2002, 01:49 PM
Wow, I never even realized that Pepsi was putting out a new flavor.

Tell me, does it look like the blue "water" they put in airplane latrines?

DeadEye
07-30-2002, 01:54 PM
Hey Jar Jar,

What does the Resident Evil DVD have in the way of special features? I was planning on getting it.

And I've said it before and I'll say it again: new sodas suck. Pepsi Blue, Vanilla Coke, Mountain Dew: Code Red, and Sierra Mist are all horrible. :frus:

mrhat
07-30-2002, 01:55 PM
It very well could be the Blue Toilet water on Airplanes, it very well could be.

Beast
07-30-2002, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye
Hey Jar Jar,

What does the Resident Evil DVD have in the way of special features? I was planning on getting it.

And I've said it before and I'll say it again: new sodas suck. Pepsi Blue, Vanilla Coke, Mountain Dew: Code Red, and Sierra Mist are all horrible. :frus:
Yes, it has quite a bit of extra features. While the 2-disc edition next year will have more, including the NC-17 cut of the film, this release is great for what it has. This info is from DVDFile.com. :)

First up we have a new screen-specific audio commentary with director Paul W.S. Anderson, producer Jeremy Bolt and actors Milla Jovovich and Michelle Rodriquez. All were recorded together, so this has the feel of a group of friends just hanging out, even if Jovovich doesn't realize at first that they are going to watch the whole movie. (Yep, Milla, that's why it's called an audio commentary!) This is more funny than serious, which of course can be annoying to those seriously into the making of the film. The conversation often devolves into grouptalk and inside jokes, but it's refreshingly devoid of pretension - the quartet makes fun of Milla's fashion ads, the film's lame marketing campaign and passing gas during nude scenes in the first ten minutes alone. Another high point is when Jovovich's dog craps on the floor during the middle of the movie - a commentary first, I'm sure. Admittedly, you probably won't learn much about whatever by the end of this one, but hey, it's a zombie movie, so why not have some fun?

Next up are five different video vignettes courtesy of DVD producers Constantine Films and Automat Pictures. The imaginatively titled The Making of Resident Evil may be a straightforward 29-minute commercial, but it is a cut above. Comprised of onset interviews and plenty of coll behind-the-scenes footage, we get a visual tour of the whole shebang, from conceptualizing the look of the videogame to the stunts to the makeup to the special effects. Interviews with Anderson, Bolt, Jovovich, Rodriquez and other cast and crew are included, and it's all nicely edited and shot. EPKs don't get much more slick than this.

Up next is a real fun one, the 10-minute Scoring Resident Evil, with everyone's favorite pop diva Marilyn Manson and composer Marco Beltrami. Always creepy and always articulate, I thought Manson's rock dirges suited the film well and it's fun to watch these two worlds collide. Although I thought the camera setups were a bit odd - are Beltrami, Manson and Anderson in the same room or not? - it's always nice to get a peek inside the scoring process, which usually gets the short thrift on most DVDs these days. And how about an isolated score on the next DVD release?

Last but not least are three short vignettes running less than 10 minutes total, "Costumes," "Set Design" and "Zombie Make-Up Tests." All are zippy little montages with a few crew interviews spliced in, and the zombie one is the coolest, if only 'cause it's fun to examine the goofy make-ups up close. Scary.

Rounding out the extras are a gaggle of promotional items: a silly Slipknot music video in non-anamorphic widescreen, six theatrical trailers for Resident Evil and other Sony hits (including Spider-Man), bland filmographies for the main cast and crew, and fairly pithy production notes in the enclosed 4-page fold-out. It's all wrapped up in somewhat bland menus...again, I bet Sony is saving up all the cool tricks for the upcoming special edition?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DeadEye
07-30-2002, 02:56 PM
Jar Jar,

Thanks for clearing that I up, but it's gonna suck having to buy the same movie twice. Same with the Alien 5-star DVD coming out next year. :frus:

Beast
07-30-2002, 03:00 PM
Don't buy the current version then. Double dipping is a commen practice in the DVD format. I really don't mind it all that much, unless they release a bare bones at first, and don't tell anyone that there is a Special Edition later. Or if they really improve on the original release. I'm happy for the planned 5-Star editions of ALIEN and Planet of the Apes next year. Since the original versions were non-animorphic, and POTA was barebones. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DeadEye
07-30-2002, 03:04 PM
Are you talking about the original POTA movie or the new one? The old one certainly is barebones (I have it) but Burton's POTA had plenty of features.

Beast
07-30-2002, 03:08 PM
Are you talking about the original POTA movie or the new one? The old one certainly is barebones (I have it) but Burton's POTA had plenty of features.
I'm talking about the original excellent POTA, not the basterdized Tim Burton re-make. By the way, the new POTA is pretty much barebones now also. Fox discontinued the 2-disc set, and released only the 1st disc in the new edition. They have been doing that alot lately. Idiots. :mad: :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DeadEye
07-30-2002, 04:28 PM
Jar Jar,
I'm lucky then, because I got the 2-disc set of the "Bastard version" of POTA when it came out back in November, for like 23 dollars or so. I was wondering why it was suddenly only ten bucks. You're right--they are idiots. :D

Dar' Argol
07-30-2002, 06:43 PM
Here's another example of a thread gone off track:rolleyes:

If you guys want to discuss Movies, then go to the "MOVIES: OTHER" section and do so. This thread is about Pepsi BLUE, not Resident Evil, not Planet of the Apes!! Get back to the topic!

Now . . . . .IMO the Pepsi Blue really stinks!! It needs . . . . something. Maybe more sweetness to the taste?? I really don't think this will last unless they change the taste. Its really nasty. And the after taste is even worse!!!

Interesting thing though, if you take half a bottle of Code Red, and half a bottle of Blue, and mix them, the taste is quite good. Maybe the only thing Blus is good for. I'll stick to my faithful friend, good ol Mountain Dew though:D

JEDIpartner
07-30-2002, 06:45 PM
To get back on the subject... it is VERY blue (leaving a stain on your tongue kinda blue). The "berry" flavour is pretty artificial- I think it's supposed to be a blueberry/raspberry hybrid, but it just smells like bubble gum and is sour. I think that, if they would have just concentrated on a berry soda and not bothered to put that synthetic tasting cola flavour into it... it would be a much better product.

Beast
07-30-2002, 06:55 PM
Sorry about that Dar' Argol. Just trying to be my usual helpful self. So to get back on topic, what soda do you think they prefered on the sets of both Resident Evil and Planet of the Apes? Do you think the actors would have liked Pepsi Blue? :D

Ok, seriously. I think that Pepsi Blue is great D.A. But then I always one that enjoyed unique tasting sodas. Everything tastes so much the same anymore, that it's nice to see something original and refreshing from the companies. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
07-30-2002, 07:13 PM
again... why not just go for the fruit soda and stay away from trying so hard with the "cola" flavour? I think I would have like the product much better if it didn't have that "plastic" taste of the "clear" cola.

Dar' Argol
07-30-2002, 07:22 PM
Sorry about that Dar' Argol. Just trying to be my usual helpful self. So to get back on topic, what soda do you think they prefered on the sets of both Resident Evil and Planet of the Apes? Do you think the actors would have liked Pepsi Blue? :D

:rolleyes:

Ok, seriously. I think that Pepsi Blue is great D.A. But then I always one that enjoyed unique tasting sodas. Everything tastes so much the same anymore, that it's nice to see something original and refreshing from the companies. :)

I have no problem with something new and refreshing from these companies. I had a chance to taste Vanilla Coke today and thought it was pretty good. When Code Red came out, i tried it and liked it. But that's because these soda's had some TASTE to them! The Pepsi Blue has no real taste to it!! It tastes like poodoo!! Crystal Pepsi had more taste!! I just really wish sometimes the Upper Management would taste some of their stuuf before shipping it out!

hango fett
07-30-2002, 07:29 PM
thye had one of these at the place where i work the other day (a dariy bar) the one girl said it was awful and the ohter girl tried it nad said it wasn't good but it wasn't bad...i will try it sometime...

rynobot
07-30-2002, 07:33 PM
I doubt I'll like Blue Pepsi.
Over the years I've gone from an exclusive Pepsi drinker, to Dr. Pepper, then to Mt. Dew. Is there a soda with more suger in it than Mt. Dew? I need to know because Mt. Dew is getting dull and I need something stronger. I know Surge was stronger but I haven't seen that on shelves in a long time.

Dar' Argol
07-30-2002, 07:45 PM
rynobot, if your looking for something with more caffiene in it, then check out JOLT!! I think it is still being sold at the Getty Mart off the square near you;)

rynobot
07-30-2002, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol
rynobot, if your looking for something with more caffiene in it, then check out JOLT!! I think it is still being sold at the Getty Mart off the square near you;)

that sounds scary if that's the only place its being sold.

JediTricks
07-31-2002, 12:04 AM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
again... why not just go for the fruit soda and stay away from trying so hard with the "cola" flavour? I think I would have like the product much better if it didn't have that "plastic" taste of the "clear" cola. I don't think Pepsi knows anything about non-cola sodas. Their Lemon-Lime version of their "Slice" line was pretty much just "sweet" and "carbonation"; their Orange version was a little better but not by much. Their replacement for the failed "Slice" line - "Sierra Mist" - couldn't even stay a consistent drink for a whole 3 months, it started out crisp and lemon-limey like fountain-quality 7-Up, but almost immediately became a syrupy clone of Slice.

IMO, Coca-Cola knows how to do fruit-flavored non-cola sodas way better, they have Sprite and Fanta, both are really consistent, tasty lines. Hell, even Vons/Safeway, Albertsons, and Wal-mart can produce better fruity sodas compared to Pepsi.

I doubt I'll try Pepsi Blue, my sister and I both have a fairly sensitive sense of taste and even though we were raised apart, we both avoid products with too much food dye in 'em because the dye's taste can be pretty gross.

rynobot
07-31-2002, 12:13 AM
I also like ice cold H(lower case 2)O, best thrist crencher ever, and the best invention since sliced bread.

Beast
07-31-2002, 01:33 AM
As was said before in the vanilla coke, none of these flavors are really new though. I'm sure that just like Vanilla Coke, people were having Berry Cola's back in the olden days of the soda fountain. I would love to see more of those old drinks make a comeback. Someone needs to release a new Zombie soda. For those that don't know, if you ordered a Zombie at a soda fountain, they mixed all the soda flavors together. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

scruffziller
07-31-2002, 09:02 AM
It tastes a lot like Crystal Pepsi with a non-descript berry flavour
I loved Crystal Pepsi, I'm going to have to try it.

Originally posted by JediTricks
I don't think Pepsi knows anything about non-cola sodas. Their Lemon-Lime version of their "Slice" line was pretty much just "sweet" and "carbonation"; their Orange version was a little better but not by much. Their replacement for the failed "Slice" line - "Sierra Mist"

Oh I know it is horrible. It has a very "cheap" flavor. It tastes like something that comes from the second hand store like an ALDI's (a very cheap grocery store. You have to pay for your own bags)

Herby
07-31-2002, 11:48 AM
I haven't seen the Berry Pepsi up here in Maine at all. I don't know if I'd dare try it! I love Vanilla Coke, but I've been drinking it for awhile (Denny's has had it for a long time). What is Red Dr. Pepper someone mentioned? I definately haven't heard of that one. I actually like Sierra Mist, its not as syruppy as Mt. Dew. The last new thing I was dumb enough to try was Melon Mellow Yellow, probably the nastiest stuff I've ever tasted!

Darth Shifty
07-31-2002, 11:53 AM
I just had some of this Pepsi Blue hooey and it wasn't very good. Tastes like flat Pepsi with some Trix cereal flavoring - urk.

Someone needs to release a new Zombie soda. For those that don't know, if you ordered a Zombie at a soda fountain, they mixed all the soda flavors together. :)

We used to call them suicides!

Needles
07-31-2002, 02:13 PM
I just finished a Pepsi Blue,its better than Vanilla Coke,I used to love Vanilla COke now I hate,This Drink Awesome!AND PEPSI IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!Blue Pepsi has a refreshing berry taste,Its better than Cherry coke too,but isnt my favorite drink still.anyine ever hear of Iceberg water?

JediTricks
07-31-2002, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Darth Shifty

Someone needs to release a new Zombie soda. For those that don't know, if you ordered a Zombie at a soda fountain, they mixed all the soda flavors together. :)

We used to call them suicides!
Same here. After doing that for years, I've found that Minute Maid lemonade from the fountain makes an excellet supplement to fountain cola and lemon lime soda. However, when Carls Jr added Squirt to their fountain, it broke me of the habit because I could never mess with Squirt or Ruby Red Squirt, they're just too perfect. :D

JEDIpartner
08-01-2002, 02:10 PM
Squirt ROCKS!!!!!

scruffziller
08-02-2002, 10:33 AM
Tried it. Not bad. I prefered Crystal Pepsi. Tasted like All Sport. Fruit Juice with carbonation. Too sweet, made me sick. Not hooked at all.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-02-2002, 09:41 PM
I had a Pepsi Blue today.

First of all, it must have a high concentration of dye in it, because of the neon blue color. I always remember my mother warning me about drinking and eating stuff with dyes in it, because back in the old days, they were supposedly hazardous to your health.

I thought Pepsi Blue tastes like a melted blue raspberry slurpee except with carbonation. Was okay, but I am not sure if I'll get hooked on it, given the 17,000 other flavors of soda out there. Seems to be a new one popping up each week i.e. Vanilla Coke, Red Fusion (which I still haven't tried) and now Pepsi Blue. I wonder if it will last or fade away like Surge and others? Only time will tell.

2-1B
08-02-2002, 10:58 PM
As bad as Blue tastes, it's at least better than regular Pepsi.

InsaneJediGirl
08-02-2002, 11:12 PM

I will seriously pass on Pepsi Blue.I've heard about it for awhile.Pepsi just doesnt have great products(Besides Mt.Dew),and with Spears as a promogirl..that just compounds my urge to throw up:dead: :dead:

LTBasker
08-02-2002, 11:29 PM
I liked Vanilla Coke. :D

I shall never try Pepsi Blue cause:
1. It's Pepsi.
2. It's Pepsi modified.

I would melt down my figures and drink those before I would drink Pepsi Blue. :happy:

rynobot
08-02-2002, 11:47 PM
Dr. Pepper has a new soda too, it's red but I don't remember the name, and by the way "It Stinks":)

master jedi
08-03-2002, 08:48 AM
I just tried Pepsi Blue and your all right, it does suck. I would, however, be good as an Icee or some sort of slush dessert.

The new Dr. Pepper has a chery flavor. I haven't tried it yet but my sister has. She and her husband said they said it mainly tasted like Dr. Pepper and that you couldn't really taste the cherry.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-04-2002, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by rynobot
Dr. Pepper has a new soda too, it's red but I don't remember the name, and by the way "It Stinks":)

I had "Red Fusion" AKA the New Dr. Pepper today and I didn't see any reason to get excited. Red Fusion is basically red colored Dr. Pepper. I didn't notice any taste difference, any cherry or anything. If there was a difference then it was real subtle. My recommendation is don't waste your money.

What's next to sell, Coke with Boysenberry? 7up with dirt? Bottle up air and sell it (and mark my word, people will buy it) oh wait, they did that already, in Space Balls. :frus:

2-1B
08-05-2002, 01:19 AM
Computer users sometimes buy bottles of air. :D

As for Coke's next move, I'd like to try a Minced Meat Coke.

Tapioca flavored Pepsi might work.

Geonosian
08-05-2002, 08:21 AM
I know this is a stupid question but is Pepsi blue...blue?

hango fett
08-05-2002, 11:42 AM
yep. pepsi blue is......blue! just like jim careys pen in liar liar!!
h.a.n.g.o

JEDIpartner
08-05-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Geonosian
I know this is a stupid question but is Pepsi blue...blue?

Perhaps you didn't REALLY read the posts in this thread... :rolleyes:

Beast
08-05-2002, 03:33 PM
Perhaps you didn't REALLY read the posts in this thread... :rolleyes:
What? Someone not actually reading the thread before posting? Gasp! Stuff like that never happens, what are you talking about JEDIpartnr? ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-05-2002, 06:28 PM
I got some today, woo doggies, dat stuff is tasty! Can't wait until the canned Pepsi Blue comes out!

JediTricks
08-06-2002, 12:09 AM
Dr Pepper is a culmination of the "drug store flavors" of the late 1800s - aka the various tastes in the soda fountain. Cherry was in there in the first place, so I can't imagine why they'd add more.

TheFrankEinstein
08-06-2002, 01:24 AM
I hadn't heard of Pepsi Blue until now, but I'm not exactly excited to try it. Mountain Dew Code Red, Josta, all these "Xtreme" drinks don't interest my tastebuds. Dr Pepper Red or whatever it's called, I can really taste the cherry. Blech. Vanilla Coke reminds me of the flavor of Coke Icees (but it's far too strong). And Dr. Pepper, which is probably my over-all favorite, I can actually taste a black pepper tinge to it if I think about it.

And what is it with the seemingly regional distribution of the sodas? I've only seen Jolt Cola in deep, deep south Texas, and Squirt I barely ever see anywhere.

edit - and I totally forgot about that horrid Pepsi Twist! Oh man! I must have suppressed the memory! Make it stop! Aiiiiieeeeee!

JEDIpartner
08-06-2002, 08:25 AM
Dr. Pepper... while I like it, tastes a bit like peppery prune juice with carbonation!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-06-2002, 12:44 PM
I got more at Target last night. Still tasty!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-06-2002, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
Computer users sometimes buy bottles of air. :D

As for Coke's next move, I'd like to try a Minced Meat Coke.

Tapioca flavored Pepsi might work.

Or how about Coke with Onion or Pepsi with Garlic? Soda that is finally good for ya!

Or who can forget a commercial on the Simpson's, "Now the great taste of Worcheister sauce in soda form." "Worchiester Cola." The guy in the commercial tries it and says "uhmm, skanky!"

JediCole
08-06-2002, 11:33 PM
I had seen this thread here for some time, quite some time before I finally stumbled upon Pepsi Blue in a store. That happened today when I stopped for gas. So I thought, why not find out if it is for me. I had the foresight to pick up a back up soda just in case. And I am glad I did. In answer to the question posed by this thread, my answer is a resounding "NO!" I found the taste something akin to a poorly planned "suicide" (the mixing of many if not all of the drink choices available on a soda fountain, not the self-inflicted demise). It simply seems that two flavors very much at odds with one another have been combined and fight all the eay down your throat. Dreadful!