PDA

View Full Version : Natalie Portman in MTV VMA commercial

Mandalorian Candidat
07-30-2002, 03:25 PM
Maybe this is old news but to me it isn't. I just scored a dish system about a week ago so I'm now able to watch MTV and all those other neat-o channels.

Anyways, last night I saw a commercial with Jimmy Fallon and the girl sitting on a couch. He looks bored out of his gourd while this girl knocks over a stack of blocks and yells "Jenga!" Then I realize the girl is Natalie Portman.

Fallon then makes his move on her, gets shot down, and yells at her cause she won't make out with him. He says something like, "You wouldn't make out with me here or there or even in front of my family when I said I was going out with Queen Amidala from Star Wars." (I'm paraphrasing here).

Then a TV in the commercial announces that Fallon is hosting the MTV Video Music Awards so Natalie gets instantly turned on and jumps his bones.

Actually it wasn't that great of a commercial except that Nat was in it. I always though she was kind of stuffy so it was cool to see her let her hair down.

El Chuxter
07-30-2002, 03:31 PM
"You wouldn't make out with me during Lilo and Stitch!" is the best line, IMHO.

I lost a lot of respect for Natalie when I saw this commercial. I mean, MTV Music Awards? C'mon, chicky, you could've at least advertised the Grammys or the Oscars or some legit awards show. Oh, they're all crap? Um, never mind then. :rolleyes:

Here's hoping Steely Dan wins Album of the Year!! :Pirate:

hango fett
07-30-2002, 03:44 PM
lilo and stich! defintly a date movie :rolleyes: but it was still a cool comercial!!!! wish i could have been fallon!
hango.

DeadEye
07-30-2002, 03:59 PM
I don't like/watch MTV but read about that on TF.N. And BTW, I've heard that I look like a lot of people. Some say I look like Neo on the Matrix, derek thinks I look like Rusty Yates...one of my friends thinks I look like Mike Meyers, someone else thought I look like Darkwing Duck :eek:...but anyway, a girl in my school last year said I look like Jimmy Fallon!

hango fett
07-30-2002, 04:01 PM
one step closer.........keep moving deadeye!
h.

DeadEye
07-30-2002, 04:05 PM
One step closer? Keep moving? What are you talking about? :D
And IMHO I look more like Neo than any of my other apparent lookalikes...:p

Jonna
07-30-2002, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye
One step closer? Keep moving? What are you talking about? :D
And IMHO I look more like Neo than any of my other apparent lookalikes...:p

So what is the new phrase for IMHO? Is it "In My Head Only"?;)

DeadEye
07-30-2002, 05:30 PM
In My Honest Opinion. Anyway, it was someone else who first suggested I look like Neo...and while I may not look like Keanu Reeves, I sure as hell don't look like Rusty Yates! :p

Beast
07-30-2002, 05:32 PM
DeadEye, ya know that ego thing we spoke about. You're letting it run rampent again. Reign it back, before people start beating you upside the head again. ;) :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jonna
07-30-2002, 05:34 PM
IMHO! It was a haha that you are not getting.

I just pulled up a pic of Rusty Yates. In all honesty, I think you have more similar features with him then any of the other ones you mentioned. Just my opinion.

Jargo
07-30-2002, 06:24 PM
Who's Rusty yates? I tried a search and all I got was news stories about that woman who killed her kids in Oklahoma. Kinda freaky. Just pages of it all. Morbid curiosity dissects the dead.....

DeadEye
07-30-2002, 06:39 PM
Jar Jar,

It wasn't intended as an ego trip. The only thing I was trying to rub in is that I don't look like Rusty Yates. My eyes and nose are kinda like his, but that's about it. I mean, he looks at least 40 and his face is wrinkled and weathered...and his hair is completely different from mine...I really don't understand how you can say I look like him.

hango fett
07-30-2002, 06:44 PM
glad i don't look like anyone famous...i look like me! but sometimes i wish i did look like a famous person....to actually be recognized at school and stuff.....but at the moment, my hair is the feature everyone notices me by :rolleyes:
:stupid:
h.

DeadEye
07-30-2002, 06:45 PM
My hair's always been basically the only thing wrong with me. :D Wild and scruffy, like a puppy, it defies authority, challenges me whenever I want it to do something, and is slow to learn new tricks. Like a puppy! :)

hango fett
07-30-2002, 06:56 PM
my hair is just extremly curly (which i do not like) and belive it or not, i get it from my dad who is bald!
go figure (no pun inteanded...)
h.

Beast
07-30-2002, 06:58 PM
Guys, you're going to get the thread closed. I thought this was a Natalie Portman MTV commercial thread. Not a "What does DeadEye look like" and "Talk about your hair" thread. Those things can be discussed in PM's you know.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Dar' Argol
07-30-2002, 07:34 PM
Point exactly JarJar. This thread needs to get back on track or it joins all of the other "THREAD CLOSED" discussions.

hango fett
07-30-2002, 08:12 PM
fine. i take it all back. i don't care about my hair and i don't care about mtv or natalie. i just don't want to be a burdon to you guys...no, i'm not leaveing, just saying sorry.
h.:frus:

DeadEye
07-30-2002, 08:14 PM
Yeah, I'm sorry too...boy, I've said that before! :D

LTBasker
07-30-2002, 08:28 PM
I've said it before in AIM coversations and I'll say it on here...

The MTV VMAs must really be desperate if they're using Natalie now. :p

Why do they have Music Video Awards on MTV anyways? It's not like they show'em. :rolleyes:

JON9000
07-30-2002, 08:35 PM
I thought the commercial was just fine and in good fun. She is still at an age where being involved with the VMA's would cater to her primary audience. BTW- I once spotted Nat on TRL with Carson back when EpI came out I think- she said she liked old school rap music, particularly Slick Rick. There seems to be a lot more to Natalie than meets the eye.

thespar
07-30-2002, 11:15 PM
sound like i missed something that could have been fun if i only watched mtv but not my cup of tea when it comes music.

Mandalorian Candidat
07-31-2002, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by JON9000
I thought the commercial was just fine and in good fun. She is still at an age where being involved with the VMA's would cater to her primary audience. BTW- I once spotted Nat on TRL with Carson back when EpI came out I think- she said she liked old school rap music, particularly Slick Rick. There seems to be a lot more to Natalie than meets the eye.

You're not kidding. Those paparazzi photos of her are a testament to that. :D

QLD
07-31-2002, 12:22 PM
You're not kidding. Those paparazzi photos of her are a testament to that.

Yeah, I would definately say she LOVES booty music.

She gave new meaning to Baby Got Back.

pinoysith
07-31-2002, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by JON9000

i thought the commercial was in good fun too. "Jenga!" hahhaha, that was great. nat was looking fine as always...

2-1B
08-01-2002, 04:47 AM
I saw it, but to do so I had to let a 6 hour videotape record while I slept. No way I'm gonna sit around watching that horrible network! :D I got lucky, I only had to FF thru 15minutes of footage before getting to the commercial . . . holy jeez, that Jimmy Fallon is a goon! "I'm hosting next year too!" :D Wow, if I was in his shoes, I'd sign up to host for life . . .

Fun commercial, one I couldn't watch too often. Or could I ? ;)

Mandalorian Candidat
08-01-2002, 11:14 AM
Allright. Now I'm going to blow your minds and gross you out at the same time.

Imagine instead of Jimmy Fallon it was Rick McCallum in that commercial.

**vomits profusely**

-JediMaster-Yoda-
08-01-2002, 02:41 PM
i just downloaded it on kazaa