PDA

View Full Version : Clonetrooper Speederbike ?????s

DarthChuckMc
07-30-2002, 07:10 PM
Does ANYONE have a picture of the Clonetrooper's Speederbike? You can barely make out the shape of it from the photos of the Republic Gunship packaging. I read a while back that there is a pic on the movie card or the playing cards, but I can't find them anywhere on the net. Help.

LTBasker
07-30-2002, 07:14 PM
The toy itself appears to just be the one that's been used for the Biker Scout w/ bike, Leia w/ bike and Luke w/ bike.

They might change it later on though to have a different backing because it's been said it has the front of the ROTJ speeder bikes but the back looks more like a Swoop. Don't knwo for sure but for now it's just the regular ROTJ speeder bike.

rynobot
07-30-2002, 07:16 PM
hopefully it won't have exploding action.

LTBasker
07-30-2002, 07:21 PM
From the looks of the picture from the Gunship box it might. The front part of it is supposed to be stored under it when you put it on it's rack at the back of the Gunship.

hango fett
07-30-2002, 07:26 PM
why would they even have swoop bikes (speeder bikes)? why would the clonetroopers need them?
h.

DeadEye
07-30-2002, 07:29 PM
IIRC the clone speeder is repainted, and doesn't have the outriggers. LTBasker I grant you permission to correct me if I'm wrong...although it'd be the first time. ;):D

LTBasker
07-30-2002, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye
IIRC the clone speeder is repainted, and doesn't have the outriggers. LTBasker I grant you permission to correct me if I'm wrong...although it'd be the first time. ;):D

The speederbike appears to be the same as the ones used for the Biker Scout, Endor Luke, and Endor Leia. It does have the outriggers on it as they are being stored under it when you put it on it's "rack" on the back wall of the gunship on the part that is slanted.

There is a chance it could be a proto version in which could mean the Gunship box could also be a prototype but then again these could very well be the final versions.

Click here for a picture of it that I added to an earlier thread: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=126461

DeadEye
07-30-2002, 07:46 PM
Yeah. Can't you see what I'm saying? In that picture it doesn't have the outriggers, and it appears purple instead of brown.

hango fett
07-30-2002, 07:56 PM
yeah...that is more of a purpleish-red. but it looks ok...i'll get it. what the hell!
h.

DeadEye
07-30-2002, 08:00 PM
In all likelihood it either hasn't been totally painted yet, or it's just in weird lightning. I doubt a clonetrooper would willingly ride a purple speeder. :D

hango fett
07-30-2002, 08:05 PM
who knows...mace has a pruple saber!!
h.

DeadEye
07-30-2002, 08:16 PM
Yeah...but while Sith sabers are always red because they use synthetic crystals, Jedi use natural crystals and can't control what color their blades are. So just because Mace's saber is purple sure as hell doesn't mean he's strange...although Sam Jackson requested a purple saber. :D

hango fett
07-30-2002, 08:36 PM
that was the point i was going to make. you bet me to the punch!
h.

DeadEye
07-30-2002, 08:44 PM
Yeah. I beat you to the punch many times, while either Jargo or Dar' Argol always beat me to the punch. How odd. :D

Jargo
07-30-2002, 08:55 PM
SHUT UP for gods sake you annoying toad! It's the same as the other imperial speeder bikes and you take off the front to get the damn thing into the gunship because the gunship is not the correct scale and it won't fit otherwise. Are you completely braindead or just deliberately being obtuse. That's a rhetorical question and I really don't want to hear anything else you have to say.

The only posible differences are that the back may be remolded slightly but that's doubtful, and it may be made from slightly different colored plastic than the imperial speederbike was. The picture on the box looks purple because the printing is off and there's too much color. It's a printing error.

And if you use that tedious ghey expression once more I'll marmalise you. I'm asking you nicely to edit that out. I won't ask again... :mad:

DeadEye
07-30-2002, 08:57 PM
I really don't care for anything you have to say, either. I thought derek was my only unprovoked enemy on these forums, but I guess I was wrong...
Annoying toad? At least I'm not a pompous, moronic a*s. Anyway, I'd like to see you "marmalise" me.

rynobot
07-30-2002, 09:12 PM
oh, we know it will be cheap bendy plastic, thats a given with all accessories in the Saga line.

Jargo
07-30-2002, 09:20 PM
Edited in defference to most of my fellow forumites. I apologise that you had to read what was here before. To the other I say thrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp !!!!

jonboy
07-30-2002, 09:24 PM
Chill out fellas. We are discussing toys here, not the meaning of life.

LTBasker
07-30-2002, 09:42 PM
Ok, let me point something out here. The image that I linked to had been taken at Wizard Con, and I enhanced it using photoshop to make it brighter because the original image was darker which meant lesser detail, so there is discoloration in the IMAGE itself, not in the speeder. I grabbed my DigiCam after getting off-line and took some pictures of one of my speeder bikes with the outriggers tucked under it (they oddly stayed there securely and getting them posistioned correctly) and I will be posting pictures soon.

One noticeable thing though about the Speeder-Bike which makes me think the outriggers are just modified a little is that on the main body of the bike in the picture, there is still the little lipp on the bottom piece that's supposed to support the outriggers.

LTBasker
07-30-2002, 09:47 PM
Picture 1

LTBasker
07-30-2002, 09:51 PM
Picture 2

Due to these pictures, I think the outriggers will be just be modified a little or the quality of the picture from the gunship box just hides them in the shadows or something like that. The main body in the box pic is too unmodified that I doubt even Hasbro would release like that.

jonboy
07-30-2002, 09:56 PM
I saw a picture of the clones riding them in the visual storybook. I think that it was the actual deleted footage, but they looked pretty much like the ones from ROTJ. It was mostly a front view, but the outriggers were almost identical. Judging from your pic LT, and the one on the Gunship box, they probably are. I was hoping for something new, but any speeder is better than none.

jonboy
07-30-2002, 09:59 PM
I wonder, if the bikes are the same, will the new clonetroopers have that bow-legged stace like the Bikerscouts that came with the other one. That would be a real shame since we want new white clones, but the new ones will have the same leg pose(basically) as the previous clones. Just a guess.

DeadEye
07-30-2002, 10:14 PM
Oh, wow, Jargo, you don't like me. Heaven forbid I don't meet the expectations of a sad, delusional fickle twit.

LTBasker
07-30-2002, 10:17 PM
DeadEye, I would suggest you take that back. Not only is that highly insulting, but it's also offensive to a person's sexual preference. Calling someone a homosexual to insult them even if they were homosexual is highly immature.

I recall this quote in a thread in the General Discussion:

Originally posted by DeadEye
No, you aren't necessarily screwed. Try to keep your posts informative, non-offensive and free of profanity. If your post padding becomes a problem, the mods will give you a warning. If it's still a problem, they'll whip out the hammer. :D

DeadEye
07-30-2002, 10:21 PM
Sorry. I already "fixed" it. I'll do what you say because you aren't a delusional moron...:D
Although I don't see what's wrong with insulting him on a personal level. I, for one, am offended when people finger me with false accusations, so it's only fair for me to strike back.

Old Fossil
07-30-2002, 10:39 PM
An alternative to replying to an insult would be to -- dare I say it? -- turn the other cheek. The saying may not be politically correct (who among us is PC, anyway?), but the act itself is at least gracious and honourable, as I believe most of us here to be.

Back to the topic: what rank are the speederbike clone troopers? Anyone?

LTBasker
07-30-2002, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Twodot Tatooine
Back to the topic: what rank are the speederbike clone troopers? Anyone?

From the only pictures (not movie pictures) of them on speeder-bikes, they appear to be just normal Clone Troopers. Probably just specifically trained to help cover other troopers on the ground where the Gunships or AT-TEs can't go or just get troopers to a smaller area alot faster than they would be on foot.

Old Fossil
07-30-2002, 10:45 PM
Thanks, LTBasker, for the fast reply!

rynobot
07-30-2002, 10:59 PM
They could use a speeder bike to save a wounded clone trooper or jedi too.

Jonna
07-31-2002, 01:45 AM
Not to be a pain or anything, but we should have a seperate thread for all this bickering instead of cluttering up actual threads with it and getting them closed for topic unrelated reasons. Sort of like a trash room. I want to be Oscar the Grouch.

Beast
07-31-2002, 01:50 AM
Jonna, I think if they had a seperate thread for all the bickering lately, that it would have more posts, and more views then the LA Just Found thread. :crazed: :D

Back on topic, yes the CloneTrooper SpeederBike is almost identical to the ROTJ version. I think it's cool that you can store it abord the Gunship, very cool feature. Can't wait to get both of these. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

rynobot
07-31-2002, 02:47 AM
But the bubbles Jar Jar, what abou the bubbles ;)

SNAYSON
07-31-2002, 10:02 AM
does anyone know if the clone trooper's elbows and knee's articulate?

thespar
07-31-2002, 01:56 PM
it will need nice to have some more item that will work with the drop. problem pick these item up at a later time. will these be a boxed prodect or carder.

Jargo
07-31-2002, 03:48 PM
These will be blister carded probably like the rest of the deluxe figures. because the blister is bigger and the speeder bike comes in two pieces, it will pack into the blister easily enough.

It'll just be cool to 1. get more speeders, and 2. get a totally white clonetrooper. I'd like to see him with at least articulated knees and the thigh cut like the tusken raider from the POTF2 Bantha beast pack. elbows and wrists would be cool but i fear he'll be in a fixed riding position.
hopefully he'll have the ability to stand, unlike the scout trooper that came with the speeder bike originally. It may even be the same mold as the red clonetrooper minus the red. Anyone tried getting the red clonetrooper onto a speeder bike yet?

rynobot
07-31-2002, 04:49 PM
Actually if they give the clone the legs of the Dewback Stormtrooper I'd be very happy.

JediTricks
08-01-2002, 02:14 AM
Pics went up, they're really cool-looking! Articulated knees and a removable helmet, and the speederbike looks like Hasbro tightened up the design.

http://216.127.66.72/ss/gallery/album03

Beast
08-01-2002, 02:16 AM
Agreed JT, it definatly looks like Hasbro improved the designs of the SpeederBike. Love the removable helmet on the CloneTrooper. Can't wait to add a couple of these to my collection. Good job, Hasbro. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
08-01-2002, 02:24 AM
Wow, that looks really nice! I'm totally amazed. Of course the handlebars on the bike look to be more of the same rubbery crap, but the awesome Clonetrooper totally makes up for that.

LTBasker
08-01-2002, 05:40 AM
Wow, that does look nice. Even if the Clone Trooper does suck in the end, the Speeder-Bike is nice!

In a Wizard-Con interview that RebelScum had, the guy mentioned that the Clone would also have removeable armor along with the helmet. I'm guessing that's why it's so bulky.

Hope we get a 12" version of this and it ISN'T a TARGET exclusive.

Jargo
08-01-2002, 06:17 AM
I'm going to spend the day idly gazing at these new pics before I make any real comment but so far I think I like what I see. The color is a little strange on the bike but.....

LTBasker
08-01-2002, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
I'm going to spend the day idly gazing at these new pics before I make any real comment but so far I think I like what I see. The color is a little strange on the bike but.....

It's probably a prototype. If you look at the gun that's with the Clone on the speeder it's the same color as the cannon on the speeder-bike, but if you look at the Clone with his helmet off, he's got the blaster in black. So most likely they're just early stage colors on some parts.

Mandalorian30
08-01-2002, 07:27 AM
I was very happy to see that the helmet is removable! Very nice looking figure! Can't wait to get this one!!!

Old Fossil
08-01-2002, 09:02 AM
VERY nice. Glad to see the trooper can be posed off the bike without looking like a football lineman.

Now THAT would be cool: Star Wars football...

JediTricks
08-01-2002, 05:49 PM
Jargo, I think the color is supposed to be "red-dusty" like all things that have spent a few minutes on Geonosis (such as the 12" and 4" white clone troopers ;)) and then have a redder base color. Compared to the ROTJ brown bike, I actually like this color a little more (though I haven't seen it in person yet).

DarthBrandon
08-01-2002, 10:21 PM
Dam nice speeder bike with a new white clone trooper that's articulated and comes with a removable helmet. I can't wait to get a couple of these to add to the collection.

JediTricks
08-02-2002, 12:56 AM
Steve took an underside shot of the bike and it looks like they took the old '84 mold and really did a lot of nice work on it, most everything looks like it got better detailed.

LTBasker
08-02-2002, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Steve took an underside shot of the bike and it looks like they took the old '84 mold and really did a lot of nice work on it, most everything looks like it got better detailed.

They even modified the bottom cannon by adding a "wire" on the back of it that goes from the ship to the back of the cannon. Nice detail... That's a good way to reuse a mold, just retool it to where it looks new. :D Like..the upcoming Landspeeder. :cool: I'm sure they'll use the SOTE Swoop as a base if they release Anakin w/ Swoop but retool to some extent kinda like those speeder-bikes.

Even if the Clone Trooper figure sucks in the end, at least we'll have a cool speeder-bike for dioramas and we can just leave the Clone Trooper on the ground as battle damaged. :D

Beast
08-02-2002, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Cool, thanks for the update JT. I think that, as well as the changes to the rest of the bike, especially the backend and the controls call for a big Anakin Skywalker "Yipee". Now hopefully these won't be to hard to find. :D

Maybe since Hasbro is running out of ships that they can make as exclusives, they could give some thought into doing a nice window boxed 3-pack of Luke: Endor, Leia: Endor, and a Biker Scout. Retool the figures slightly and put them on these new retooled Speederbikes. I know that I would buy a set! :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
08-02-2002, 08:39 AM
I just logged on and saw the pics of the new "deluxe" Clone Trooper. In my opinion... the "deluxe" portion of the Trooper is the fact that he has great articulation points, a removable helmet and will probably be the best Clone Trooper figure produced in this line. I will probably pick up about 3 of these... even if I don't "need" the bike. The bike is a nice pack-in, though.

InsaneJediGirl
08-02-2002, 06:25 PM
I agree with JP,this is the best white Clonetrooper yet.I really dont like the speederbike,but it is worth getting the trooper alone:) :D

Whats with the wheel shaped electro-effect???

LTBasker
08-02-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by InsaneJediGirl
Whats with the wheel shaped electro-effect???

Dunno, I think it's a grenade thing of sorts for more play value. I think they were trying to copy the whole boomer concept from the Gungans and create something along those lines for the Deluxe Clone Trooper.

JediTricks
08-02-2002, 07:58 PM
I think it's an electro-mine. The figure will have mine-tossing action and removable armor, Steve added pics of the figure sans armor a little while ago and it looks really good, I like the bicep things and the republic logo on the chest. The torso appears to be posed off to the left in a "throwing" pose, but I'll live because this set looks really neat in spite of gimmick & pose (who knows, maybe they'll pull it off and it'll be really neat BECAUSE of those things, but I'm not counting on that ;)). I bet Hasbro won't be able to make enough of these things to go around, they'll be cranking out 4 or 5 times more of these than any other deluxe figure just to meet demand.

hango fett
08-02-2002, 08:11 PM
awsome! i just saw the new pics and it looks like the deluxe CT has some removable white padding!!!!! and he is throwing a electro-lasso!!! J/K!
h.

Hellboy
08-02-2002, 08:21 PM
Looks cool. Could easily be the best Deluxe figure in the line thus far. Although I find it a little curious that Hasbro has chosen to release this as a Deluxe figure with a retooled speederbike instead of just putting him on a standard card. They know how badly the collectors want another version of the all white Clonetrooper and now they'll give us the best version and get all these army builders to spend 5 bucks more per figure. :greedy:

hango fett
08-02-2002, 11:06 PM
thats all it is is :greedy: i wish we didn't have money! that would be cool!
h.

Darth Evil
08-03-2002, 08:20 AM
Looks great, I'll hopefully pick up one or two, if I can find them. Now all we need is a Basic white Clonetrooper, so we can build armies...

FKA Broke Collector
08-04-2002, 12:44 PM
Man I think that removable armor is a cool idea. They did a really good job on it too. And yes, good too that he can stand alone from the bike and still look somewhat normal. Many thanks to the Hasbro team on this.

Jargo
08-04-2002, 01:38 PM
How is having your legs permanently spread normal looking? Why is the removable armor a good idea, what purpose does it serve? Why give the figure a flinging action? Why no regular carded neutral posed clonetrooper soldier? I swear they need to take the pilot clones body and put the deluxe clones head on it. That would be the only solution to giving most of us what we actually wanted rather than some stupid idea that hasbro dictates.

I say to hasbro right here and now. Take the pilot clone body and the deluxe clone head with removable helmet and put them together and release it as a plain grunt clonetrooper soldier next year before spring. It won't cost anything extra to make as you already have the molds. Just put out one decent clonetrooper for the love of cheese! How hard can it be to get one thing right? Do these guys have jell-o for brains or something?
I like the deluxe clonetrooper don't get me wrong but frankly I think with the republic gunship comimg out and the arena playset and all the rest of the geonosis stuff already out, they couldd at least put out one decent clonetrooper without covering it in gimmicks or red paint or giving it a weird spastic pose.

Down with spastic action figures!!!!!!

FKA Broke Collector
08-04-2002, 02:25 PM
How is having your legs permanently spread normal looking? Why is the removable armor a good idea, what purpose does it serve? Why give the figure a flinging action? Why no regular carded neutral posed clonetrooper soldier? I swear they need to take the pilot clones body and put the deluxe clones head on it. That would be the only solution to giving most of us what we actually wanted rather than some stupid idea that hasbro dictates.

I say to hasbro right here and now. Take the pilot clone body and the deluxe clone head with removable helmet and put them together and release it as a plain grunt clonetrooper soldier next year before spring. It won't cost anything extra to make as you already have the molds. Just put out one decent clonetrooper for the love of cheese! How hard can it be to get one thing right? Do these guys have jell-o for brains or something?
I like the deluxe clonetrooper don't get me wrong but frankly I think with the republic gunship comimg out and the arena playset and all the rest of the geonosis stuff already out, they couldd at least put out one decent clonetrooper without covering it in gimmicks or red paint or giving it a weird spastic pose.

Down with spastic action figures!!!!!!

I'm not sure if anyone else is aware of this or not but psychiatrists assign colors to different personality types, and well, Emperor Jargo's got his color right. Orange it is.

Forhekset
08-04-2002, 06:38 PM
I think the Deluxe Clonie w/Speederbike looks incredible. I'll be picking up at least 2 or 3 just for myself.

Jargo
08-04-2002, 08:58 PM
JT, I just figured out why the color's different. Talk about being a 'tard over it all :rolleyes: It's the purple/red of the republic the same as the Jedi starfighter wings and parts of the republic gunship paint deco. It just looks darker and strange because it's a prototype and it has black spray over the top of the pinky red plastic. But that's why it looks redder (pinker?) than the original brown ones. I guess the original ones are supposed to look like they've seen years of service then, all rusted up perhaps?

jonboy
08-04-2002, 09:34 PM
Wouldn't you guys prefer it to be a different color? That way they at least set them apart from the POTF version. After reading Jargo's last post, I did notice that it is the same color as the Jedi Starfighter. Cool.

Anakin
08-05-2002, 12:05 AM
allright, everyone needs to accept the fact that hasbro is making the action figures, ok? if you don't like them then customize and make your own! don't complain over and over about the same thing, once is enough, and now everyone has to accept the fact that maybe there was supposed to be speeder bikes in the movie (look at a screenshot of the new clonewars game for gamecube and ps2 it shows mace riding a REDDISH/PURPLEISH AND SILVER SPEEDER BIKE THE EXACT SAME MODEL AS THE SPEEDER WE ALREADY HAVE) so don't say "they weren't in there so why is hasbro making them?" maybe they're making some toys in prepiration for the next movie also? so they don't have to make so many, don't say "well they should finish for this movie first" i know but people do some weird things

Forhekset
08-05-2002, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Anakin
allright, everyone needs to accept the fact that hasbro is making the action figures, ok? if you don't like them then customize and make your own! don't complain over and over about the same thing, once is enough, and now everyone has to accept the fact that maybe there was supposed to be speeder bikes in the movie (look at a screenshot of the new clonewars game for gamecube and ps2 it shows mace riding a REDDISH/PURPLEISH AND SILVER SPEEDER BIKE THE EXACT SAME MODEL AS THE SPEEDER WE ALREADY HAVE) so don't say "they weren't in there so why is hasbro making them?" maybe they're making some toys in prepiration for the next movie also? so they don't have to make so many, don't say "well they should finish for this movie first" i know but people do some weird things

Eh, the Clones on speeder bikes were in the movie...I'm pretty sure at least a couple of Clone Troopers are seen riding on some near the end (after the Arena battle has been wrapped up). Somebody correct me if I'm wrong; I only saw the movie once.

Beast
08-05-2002, 09:46 AM
Forhekset, it's rumored that they are visible in the backgrounds of some of the ground battle. I foresee alot of people slow-moing thru the ground battle once the DVD comes out. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

FKA Broke Collector
08-05-2002, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Anakin
...and now everyone has to accept the fact that maybe there was supposed to be speeder bikes in the movie ...

I don't remember seeing any in the movie and I saw it several times, but as Anakin pointed out they very well could have been in deleted scenes, which I'm sure we'll see on the DVD. I for one don't have any problem with these being produced.

JediTricks
08-06-2002, 03:31 AM
JT, I just figured out why the color's different. Talk about being a 'tard over it all :rolleyes: It's the purple/red of the republic the same as the Jedi starfighter wings and parts of the republic gunship paint deco. It just looks darker and strange because it's a prototype and it has black spray over the top of the pinky red plastic. But that's why it looks redder (pinker?) than the original brown ones. I guess the original ones are supposed to look like they've seen years of service then, all rusted up perhaps? Ah, that makes sense, in a reverse-time way. :D I suppose that is quite logical, makes more sense than the green EU speederbike Hasbro released a few years back (though the green did blend well with my Deluxe Boba Fett's gear tacked onto the sides).