PDA

View Full Version : Is this REAL???

Sti-si McVan
07-31-2002, 09:42 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1754660019

billfremore
07-31-2002, 09:55 AM
Hmmm, interesting.
Have you checked out the Collector's guide?

Beast
07-31-2002, 10:44 AM
It looks like a custom to me. Someone took a mold from the 1985 Anakin Skywalker figure and made a custom. You can tell because it's preportionatly smaller then the actual figure. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

stormie
07-31-2002, 01:28 PM
A custom that is not a fake? Semantics. What the seller is stating is probably true--it is a custom-produced figure that he/she or some other person made from a mold (again, that he/she or some other person made) of a vintage Anakin Skywalker figure. The seller also states that the mold was destroyed, which may also be true, since he/she probably also made the mold!

Basically, this is not an officially (by Kenner or Hasbro or LucasFilm, etc.) licensed figure or prototype of any kind. The seller or someone the seller knows made this figure. It's worth roughly $1, maybe $2, but absolutely no where near what the seller is asking!

Again, it's a custom.

Captain Trips
07-31-2002, 02:29 PM
Stormie is absolutely right. There has never been (not that I am the final authority on the subject or anything) a Ghost of Anakin figure in the Kenner line of any sort. Never even heard of one planned. The guy even says its a custom. CUSTOM=FAKE. Period. If it's not made by someone Lucasfilm licensed to make the product, it is a FAKE. PERIOD.

El Chuxter
07-31-2002, 02:37 PM
It's already up to $300. Wow! And it's not even carded. I'd like to refer everyone to the chorus of the song "Banditos" by the Refreshments.

Maybe I should make another Qui-Gon Jinn in Slave Gear and put it on e-bay. :crazed:

icatch9
07-31-2002, 02:43 PM
Well, it's opening bid is $300.00, but no one has bid on it. I think this guy is not going to sell this item. It's a cool custome, and there is a market for such things. Still, $300.00 is a horrible price. I've got a one of a kind impailed Qui Gon, but he's not worth $300.00. Heck, he's not even worth the $1.00 I paid for him becasue now he's got a lightsaber sized hole in his gut :).

Anyway, don't freak out. Customes are old hat and this guy's not trying to fool anyone. That is if you read his discription. He is trying to rip people off, so he's still not a nice guy.

Captain Trips
08-01-2002, 04:59 PM
Well, it seems to be gone now. Attack of the Consciense maybe?

Beast
08-01-2002, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by Captain Trips
Well, it seems to be gone now. Attack of the Consciense maybe?
More likely someone reported him to Ebay, and they nuked the auction. If it would have just been ended by the person, it would still be on file there. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Captain Trips
08-01-2002, 05:27 PM
Really? Forgive my ignorance, but I always thought it was buyer beware with ebay. Could they make him take it down if it was a fake or if he were charging was that far out of left field? Curious...JarJar, what cause would they have?

Beast
08-01-2002, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Captain Trips
Really? Forgive my ignorance, but I always thought it was buyer beware with ebay. Could they make him take it down if it was a fake or if he were charging was that far out of left field? Curious...JarJar, what cause would they have?
Nope, Ebay has very very strict rules when it comes to stuff like this. I have gotten items removed that people had for sale for similar reasons. If it breaks copyright (like DVD and VHS bootlegs), is illegal, is going around ebay's payment rules (aka, charging a penny for somthing, and then charging the winner 40.00 shipping, so they can cheat Ebay on fees), and selling items falsely advertised. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Exhaust Port
08-06-2002, 01:41 AM
That would explain why some auctions prematurely disappear. Mmm, shady dealin' goin' on.

I wish there would be a better way to have shipping charges calculated rather than being charged a flat fee no matter where you live. I think too many sellers jack up the shipping fee a bit too much in my opinion.

TylerD
08-14-2002, 05:17 AM
No thanks to the US Postal Service, which now requires that shipping charges be based on weight AND destination! Many times, I see a really cheap Star Wars figure with a $10.00 shipping price! These prices are too high, espcially when the seller could just be nice and send it in a padded envelope. (I should mention I am a loose collector...LOL)

scruffziller
08-23-2002, 02:31 PM
It is now listed as an invalid item.