PDA

View Full Version : What if Christopher Lee died?

DarthBatman
07-31-2002, 11:56 AM
I've read a few posts that speak about Dooku dying from old age. Well, what if Christopher Lee dies of old age betwen films? He's certainly old enough (I think..). What would Lucas do if this happened?

Darth Shifty
07-31-2002, 12:03 PM
He'd probably cut and paste his head on another actor's body like he did for the Yoda/Dooku fight scene then slice and dice his dialogue from episode II to make some "creative" script changes.

Beast
07-31-2002, 12:04 PM
I doubt you have to worry Christopher Lee dieing from old age. He's in great shape, and he still swims daily. So unless he walks out into the path of a bus, you don't have anything to worry about. But if somthing did happen to him, there is always stunt doubles and CGI. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

icatch9
07-31-2002, 02:30 PM
This would mess with the story a bit, but I think they'd work around it. GL may have to re write a few sceens, but we'd probally never even notice. He's surely got many possiblities in the story and one of them has to be a plan without dooku.

Since this is a morbid thread anyway, what if Haden or Natilie had some sort of tragic accident or worse died. Then what? You couldn't exactly shoot a movie with Haden C in a wheel chair now could you.

The True Maul
07-31-2002, 03:09 PM
I was thinking the same thing the other day but like JarJar said the chances are slim!!! :)

Lord Tenebrous
07-31-2002, 08:16 PM
You seem to forget that Oliver Reed died at 61 on location during the shooting of Gladiator. It cost $3 million to digitally scan his face onto a double to film his last scenes.

Based on those results, George Lucas has the best team possible to help him if tragedy should befall any member of the cast.

Vortex
07-31-2002, 11:59 PM
Soooo what would happen to the Star Wars universe if George would kick off between now and then...

Would we get an Ep III? Would the line just die? Would it be a true vision?

Beast
08-01-2002, 12:03 AM
If somthing were to happen to George, I am sure he has enough notes and plot outlines laying around that they would still make the third one. Problem is that Rick McCallum becomes unbound by Lucas if that happens, so he would probably try to direct himself, or would bring in a terrible but easy to control director. Michael Bay, maybe? :eek: In other words, pray every night that nothing happens to Georgie. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Vortex
08-01-2002, 12:12 AM
I shudder to think about what Ricky would do...an ewok dance line? A Hutt musical?

Nexu
08-01-2002, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by DarthBatman
I've read a few posts that speak about Dooku dying from old age. Well, what if Christopher Lee dies of old age betwen films? He's certainly old enough (I think..). What would Lucas do if this happened?

He'd find another actor to play the part, what the hell else is he supposed to do? :rolleyes:

DarthSetnom
08-01-2002, 01:13 AM
In Gladiator they just took him from other scenes and pasted him, and used that "shadows and dust" line... no big deal and you can easily tell when you're looking at a "virtual Proximus".

Now, if it happened (let's hope it won't), Dooku might surprisingly have an accident that will force him to wear a mask or undergo plastic surgery...

icatch9
08-01-2002, 08:09 AM
That's an interesting idea. I mask, a very similar mask to that of Vaders. It would at least fit into the story. I mean where else would Anaken get the idea for such a thing? Sure he's a mechanical genius, but he's not planning on haveing to wear such a thing, and after he gets his butt kicked he's not exactly going to be in the mood to invent all that. So, a Vaderesc mask would be cool, maybe something like the original concepts of Vader, wich just a breather with his eyes and head exposed.

scruffziller
08-01-2002, 09:32 AM
He could have Dooku go through a force life reguvination session and have become younger and have Christopher Walken play him like they were suppose to have in the first place. Then Sleepy Hollow would have 3 SW stars in it.

Beast
08-01-2002, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by scruffziller
He could have Dooku go through a force life reguvination session and have become younger and have Christopher Walken play him like they were suppose to have in the first place. Then Sleepy Hollow would have 3 SW stars in it.
I believe that Lucasfilm said that he was never considered for the part of Dooku. I prefer Christopher Lee to Christopher Walken anyway. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bobafett07728
08-01-2002, 11:26 AM
Although many of you may, or may not know, before filming of Empire, Mark Hamill was in a serious accident. He had to undergo plastic surgery that altered his facial appearance. Lucas then added/manipulated the Wampa scene to maul Luke, and when he comes out of the Bacta looking different than "A New Hope" Luke, the plastic surgery isn't even an issue. If George could handle this problem in the late seventies, I'm sure he can handle anything that could be thrown his way in this day and age. . . lets just hope he doesn't have to.

bobafett07728
08-01-2002, 11:27 AM
By the way. . .I could just hope I look as in good of shape as Christopher Lee is when I'm 80. . .I doubt we have anything to worry about as far as he is concerned.

DarthSetnom
08-02-2002, 12:05 AM
When 80 years old i reach, look that good i will not, mmmmh! :P

OC47150
08-09-2002, 02:02 PM
Another issue I've pondered with friends. Christopher Lee was in what, 20 - 25 minutes of AOTC at the most? It wouldn't be easy to replace someone like him but it could happen.

billfremore
08-09-2002, 02:09 PM
The same arguement could be made for James Earl Jones.
What if he died? Replacing his voice for Vader would be difficult.

and hey What if Lucas died?
then what?

OC47150
08-09-2002, 02:11 PM
It poses an interesting issue, either way.

Beast
08-09-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by billfremore
and hey What if Lucas died? then what?
Three words, Rick McCallum: Director. :eek: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Chewtobacco
08-09-2002, 04:12 PM
bobafett, that's a good point. I forgot all about that.

Remember when Mark Hamill played in that movie Corvette Summer? He probably whacked up his face right after that.

Lucas is a pretty smart guy.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-17-2002, 04:18 PM
If Chris died, then Dooku would be killed off very early in the movie, I think. Palpatine would have to get a new apprentice, and Anakin, would secretly begin training as Darth Vader - maybe.

bigbarada
08-17-2002, 05:00 PM
There were plenty of scenes featuring Count Dooku cut from Ep2. Lots of fodder for ILM to work with to incorporate him into Ep3.

In any case, with as active as Christopher Lee is, I expect he's got at least twenty more years of making movies ahead of him.

Tubby George will probably kick-off long before Lee.:)

patchiswelsh
08-18-2002, 01:06 PM
He is british so he wont die
he is prob as tough as old boots
he will put his heart and soul into the last sequal i bet

plo koon 200
08-21-2002, 10:54 PM
Chris dying is not an issue. The big issues truly are James Earl Jones death (I love his voice if I do not hear it in EIII I will ban my future children from watching it and then I will burn every figure I have), Frank Oz's (somewhat), Hayden's and Portman's. Oh and do not forget Lucas he is very important.

And here is a list of deaths that would have little effect on the Star Wars movies.
Gungan McCallum!

bigbarada
08-23-2002, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by plo koon 200
The big issues truly are James Earl Jones death (I love his voice if I do not hear it in EIII I will ban my future children from watching it and then I will burn every figure I have)

:eek: I'm pretty sure we will hear JEJ in Ep3 at some point, even it is in the last five minutes of the film like GL said.

gibbyhayes
08-28-2002, 05:30 PM
Yeah, I'll go along with the consensus that we're all alot worse off if George were to go. Dooku could always get sent to Hoth too (Wampa chow) or get pushed into the Sarlacc by Sideous. McAllum on the other hand is a smarmy dumba** that doesn't deserve to ride such coat tails.

i.e. if anything happens to Ricky, we'll never even notice.

Prince Xizor
09-16-2002, 10:26 AM
What about Kenny Baker? He's pretty old. They can't just cut r2 out of the movie!

:D :crazed:

Dark Lord Kakorotto
09-29-2002, 02:06 PM
at least Chris has finished The Lord of the Rings

mini-rock
09-29-2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Dark Lord Kakorotto
at least Chris has finished The Lord of the Rings

Yes, but the issue is what if he died between EP2 &3.

I honestly don't think he will, but if he did I could see George having Dooku get hurt in the face and have to wear a mask ala Vader. This way they could also change the voice too.

As for James Earl Jones he has supposedly recorded dialogue for EP3 already. I've read this at several forums, but if anyone knows anything different let me know. :)

rynobot
09-29-2002, 03:00 PM
there is no doubt in my mind that Lucus would make him completley CGI.

Turbowars
10-21-2002, 11:23 PM
The real question is, What if Lucas Died? EP3, better or worse? EDIT: NEVERMIND.

mini-rock
10-22-2002, 02:14 AM
Better or worse. Hmmm, depending on who took it over. Could you imagine how it would turn out if McCaly took it over? :eek: