PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite Micro line and ship?

Glitch
07-31-2002, 02:30 PM
Over the past few days I have been getting VERY nostalgic over Micro Machines. I don't think I'm alone on this board, but I have never TRULY appreciated these things (outside of Star Wars) until lately. I guess you don't know what you've got, until it's gone.

Anyway.....

I was wondering what your favorite line of Micros is. I love the Star Wars series, but have lately gained a great deal of appreciation for the Star Trek and Babylon 5 ships. While Star Wars is my choice in media, I can't believe the degree of detail in modeling, and complexity in the paint schemes on some of these ships! Star Wars ships are mostly grey, but DAMN, these Trek and Babylon 5 ships are stunning! All the greens, blues, purples, etc... are AWESOME!!!

Anyway, what do you guys think?

What is your favorite line?

AND

What is your favorite single micro ship?

I'm REALLY anxious to hear your responses!

SWAFMAN
07-31-2002, 02:43 PM
I like the way Galoob handled the Star Trek MM micro line, with all the nice box sets and everything. Maybe it's because they never produced Trek action fleet, so I don't tend to compare the Trek micros to the AF, like I do with the SW micros. I'd take the Trek micros over the Playmates AF-scale ships any day.

Favorite single piece: Klingon Bird of Prey from the IX Generations 3-pack

britcit3
07-31-2002, 03:46 PM
In fear of offending some of my SSG friends, I much prefer the Trek MM's.

Took me a while to figure out why, but it finally came to me......there are more larger capital ships in the Trek line.

I much prefer to imagine a face off between a Soveriegn Class ship and a Negh'var cruiser than between an A-wing and a TIE Interceptor.

I know that there are some WARS capital ships, but the TREK ones appear more detailed.

FAVE SHIP: close call between origianl D7 Battlecruiser and USS Farragutt

BC3

JediTricks
07-31-2002, 10:33 PM
Trek MMs are my favorite line too, they came first for me (by about 12 seconds, no lie! :D) and they just have so much great detail. Action Fleet is such a great line, but it's so different that I don't think of them as being in the same classification. Die Casts are somewhere in between for me.

Favorite micro sip would be... oh man, that's a toughy! Runabout, AT-AT, Saratoga, Spacedock, DS9, Snowspeeder, Die Cast Star Destroyer, saucer-sep Ent-D, so many to choose from. I might have said the MM or DC Millennium Falcon, but it bugs me that they have their landing gear down. I don't think I have "one" favorite.

haggie
07-31-2002, 11:31 PM
I never collected MMs other than Action Fleet just because I had to set some limits on my collection. I collect some 3 3/4" figures so collecting Action Fleet satisfies my need to collect Star Wars ships.

I'd have to say that the Series Alpha Sith Infiltrator is my favorite. I love the Sith Infiltrator and it was nice to see that the concept model was just as tasty. Most of the other Series Alpha releases are cool but they really show that the final design was clearly better. Not so with the Infiltrator. The concept model totally rocks. Also, I'm making my judgement based totally on the design of the ships, not the design of the toy, because I collect AFs because of the love of the Star Wars ship designs.

LTBasker
08-01-2002, 07:03 AM
I'd have to say the Trek MM line. I'm a bigger SW fan than ST fan, but I get the SW stuff in some form anyway, but the Trek MM line was the best way to get the ships with good detail on them without spending an arm and a leg. Too bad to get a complete set now it costs an arm, leg and saneness.

good shot jansen
08-01-2002, 07:22 AM
but to tell you the truth, it's a tough one.

all the micro machine lines are fantastic in their own right.

the level of detail was carried faithfully through all the different products under the micro machines flag. (af, mm, dc, x-ray, tranforming playsets, etc.)

the babylon 5 mm's offer the widest pallate and diversity in terms of colors and different types of ships. the narn heavy cruiser gets my nod as my favorite of this line.

the star trek line obviously represents the most widely recognized (as well as scrutinized) line of ships. of these, i concur with bc3, and give the nod to the d7 battle wagon as well. (was a cool ship back in 66, still cool today 36 years later)

the star wars line is a little tougher. i love the level of detail on the measly scant few pod racers that were released. of the ships, the republic cruiser is definately a standout (of course it is silly boy, that bright red amongst all those grey and white hues)

the titan ae phoenix ship is waaay cool with the glow in the dark engine beneath the cowling!

the most disapointing of all the lines is the alien and starship trooper ships, don't get me wrong, i absolutely love em particularly the nostromo and the retrieval ship), but all those fixed skids and landing gear, hopelessly knock ships like the drop, and the tac outta scale, and make them look silly.

the galaxy voyager line is ok, not a fan of the type of hard plastic used for these, and the retractable landing gear on most of em are too much trouble to even bother with. (the fact that there's even operable landing gear on these small guys is a wonder of itself)

bottom line, i like micro machines period! from the good to the bad to the truely awsome, galoob made some of the best toys ever, and it's a shame that they've been gone for so long. i'm hoping hasbro wakes up and smells the bacta, and once again bring the micro machines back in all their glory!

JediGoofy
08-01-2002, 11:03 AM
In my case SW MicroMachines are what started it all! :)
So I love them! :D

But, if I had to point out my favourite line I would say Die-Cast Series! :eek: I love the look of DC vehicles. They are heavy, the paint job is very crisp and they are not bend-prone like some MM (unfortunately).
X-Ray Fleet is another beautiful line, I never saw anything like that: interiors! :stupid: I love to put the DC and the XR versions of a vehicle side by side (and the Trilogy Gift Set version is a very nice addition :cool: ).
As far as my favourite vehicle is concerned it is a really tough choice. But, again, if I had to choose only one vehicle among the MM lines it would be the MM X-Wing contained in the TIE Fighter Pilot/Academy Transforming Action Set. This MM X-Wing has the engines all the same lenght, longer laser cannons and the best paint job among MM X-Wings. :happy:

Anyway in my opinion all the MM lines, all the vehicles and playsets, all the MM and AF figures are more than a toy and more than a display piece, because they combine both these aspects in what a lot of people consider among the best collectibles ever! :crazed:
(I wonder why Hasbro is not able to understand this and decided to cancel the beautiful prototypes Glitch described in another recent thread. :confused: )

Ciao,
JediGoofy

P.S. In any case my favourite vehicle ever it is, has been, and will always be ... the Dinky UFO Interceptor!!! :D
Ehi SID, tell these kids what a really amazing vehicle is like! ;)

vulcantouch
08-01-2002, 11:41 AM
stmms used to be my undisputed fave cuz of their sublime palette; but then ep1 mm ships began rivaling them in that department, so maybe it's a tossup, settled only by stmms' superior numbers :)
fave packaging? no contest: the 16-ship stlecs3; great mix of esoteric ships, & the box Rocks :cool:
& fave ship? maybe jemhadar i spose, since it's front & center so often in my summer palettes. can't beat that bluey-purple :kiss:
well don't just sit around bein Nostalgic, glitchy: add your voice to our best chance in years to bring em back (http://www.artasylum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000047) :D
vt

Glitch
08-01-2002, 02:19 PM
Thanks VT, voice added!

I forgot to add my favs! I'm basing this on the "Holy Crap!" factor. As in, when you look at it, all you can say is, "Holy Crap!" Unfortunately, I don't have many of the production pieces, so my decisions are based on the prototype ships.

Anyway...

I LOVE Star Wars, but am not much of a Star Trek fan - sorry. That said, the Trek line is, hands down, the most detailed line in the bunch. Sure the Falcon, the Star Destroyers, and the AT-AT have awesome detail, but the Trek line is LOADED with hyper-detailed capital ships. Also, the Babylon 5 series has the best paint of them all.

Favorite of Star Wars line: Star Destroyer (Falcon VERY close second).

Quick note: the first Micro Star Destroyer proto had a little flip down door in the bay that the Rebel Blockade Runner was pulled into. When down, it served as a little "kick stand" for the ship. It detracted from the authenticity of the ship, so it was ultimately dumped.

Favorite of Trek line: This is a tough one, but the Enterprise D with detachable dish is pretty damn amazing (Federation Space Dock, Runabout Shuttle, and HMS Bounty are right there).

Favorite of Babylon 5 line: I never watched this show, but that Vorlon Transport is pretty dang keen.

Favorite of Alien, T2, Predator line: Nostromo, hands down this is one of the most detailed ships out there.

Favorite ship: Tie between Star Destroyer and Enterprise D. Please, don't drop a "Sophie's Choice" decision on me.

haggie
08-01-2002, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Glitch
Quick note: the first Micro Star Destroyer proto had a little flip down door in the bay that the Rebel Blockade Runner was pulled into. When down, it served as a little "kick stand" for the ship. It detracted from the authenticity of the ship, so it was ultimately dumped.

The old DC Star Destroyer had a hatch that opened to reveal a tiny Blockade Runner that you could detach. I loved that! I had that ship when I was about five years old and that one little addition to an otherwise solid metal toy made all the difference. I didn't collect the modern DCs so I'm not sure if it's in there or not but it'd be a real shame if it wasn't.

JediTricks
08-01-2002, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by good shot jansen
the most disapointing of all the lines is the alien and starship trooper ships, don't get me wrong, i absolutely love em particularly the nostromo and the retrieval ship), but all those fixed skids and landing gear, hopelessly knock ships like the drop, and the tac outta scale, and make them look silly. That's why I only bought the Aliens MM pack with the APC in it, so I could put the APC in the AF Drop Ship (which I did and it's fantastic). I lost the other ship that came in the pack, but it impressed me not at all.

As for "Holy Crap" factor, the STMM line wins it hands down, when I have all my Trek MMs together, they still amaze and delight me. They LOOK like a fleet of ships instead of tiny toys.

Glitch, I can't picture that little door on the MM Star Destroyer... of course, I can't even FIND my MM SD right now, so that might have something to do with it. Sounds like an interesting feature! I like the Galoob Die Cast Star Destroyer's Rebel Blockade Runner m'self, but I did end up cutting it away from one of 'em for display purposes.

Glitch
08-01-2002, 08:27 PM
Let me explain the trap door a little better. It was actually a pretty lame feature considering it obscured all the detail inside the bay.

Anyway, the door was hinged at the rear of the bay, and would swing down like a landing gear strut. So essentially, it was like the landing gear on an AF vehicle, but it covered the bay when it was closed. Even when it was "open" the hinge was so big (well, not really big), it covered roughly half of the bay.

If there would have been a giant door there in the film, I would have been all over it. :)

I hope this helps.

darthcarlos
08-01-2002, 11:05 PM
What MM line and ship do I like the best?

This is hard to answer when looking over all my Micros. I also collect the cars and military micros that first came out but I like the Sci-Fi collections the most. There is so much detail in many of the ships that Galoob made. The line I like the most would have to be Star Wars MM's because I think SW Rules. The single most favorite ship to have would be the 14 karat gold Millennium Falcon Micro that Galoob gave away as a prize but, since I don't have it I would have to pick the nicely detailed Vorlon Cruiser from the cool sci-fi show Babylon 5. Second place would have to be the Jem Hadar ship from ST. I hope my other Micros don't get mad at me for this!

Darth Carlos

"Think Big, play small"......MICROMACHINES

JediTricks
08-02-2002, 12:53 AM
Sounds like the landing gear on the AF Cloud Car.

haggie
08-02-2002, 02:50 AM
Been thinking about this topic some more and trying to figure out which AF I like the best from the point of view of how the toy itself was designed. It's been a long time since I really looked at these wonderful toys. My collection spends it's days packed in boxes so I don't see them on a daily basis like I would if I had a place to display them. Taking long, hard looks at them again really reminded me that I don't just love these things because of my love of the Star Wars ship designs. These toys rock. :crazed: I will now remove my foot from my mouth.

I base my love for the Infiltrator totally on the fact that my favorite vehicle from TPM was represented, and it was represented really well and in two styles (whereas it was not represented at all in the 3 3/4" line). The only thing I didn't like about it had to do with part of the was the toy features were designed. One thing that I like to see from a toy design perspective is a proper scale between the vehicle and the figure. The Trade Federation Tank is one of my favorite vehicles and the AF version is really sweet looking. It looks exactly like it does in the film and the figures are in scale with it. I love how one of the Battle Droids stands on the outside of the vehicle. Great way to incorporate the figure into the design. The only downfall is that it came with a generic stand instead of a sweet custom stand that would make it appear to be hovering like the one for the Landspeeder in the Kay-Bee 2-Pack. I can't believe the butcher job Hasbro did with the TF Tank for the 3 3/4" line. :eek:

I'll put my vote in now for Jabba's Sail Barge being the worst AF ever made. :dead:

good shot jansen
08-02-2002, 07:07 AM
i really like the af jabba sail barge:eek: , it's very nicely detailed, and when the sails are removed, it provides plenty of deck space to stage light saber duels and other assorted battles. and as an added bonus, it's in scale with the mm skifs, so one can stage a really nice recreation of the saarlac scene with the mm tatooine saarlac pit playset! :)

the sudden explosion of color with the episode I mm's was definately a major boost for the sw line. after reading vt's post, i went home, took out all the mm's , and it's true, the episode I crop, certainly rival the babylon 5 for it's vast range of color! even the deceivingly bland 1st version of the sith infiltrator is a study in the subtle use of colors and contrasts.

glitch, do you know why the sith infiltrator was originally produced in the beatifully opaque/trasparent aqua-marine green with subtle hints of grey, and then re-released in the more familiar grey/black version? obviously the ship doens't give off the same aura of menace and doom when it's show boated up in disneyesque dumbo ride like colors.:sur:

i was just wondering why it was produced in those happy serene colors at all.

Grif
08-02-2002, 03:56 PM
My favorite is Action Fleet. With Slave 1 as my fav. Second would have to be the Monster Truck line ( I was a huge fan of monster trucks when I was younger ).

SWAFMAN
08-02-2002, 04:57 PM
Maybe I misunderstood Glitch's original question. I thought we were only speaking of micro scale micro-machines lines. If AF is in the mix, then my favorite would definitely be in that line, but narrowing it down to a single ship would be a very tough call. Also, there are a few I've never examined out of the box. Of the ones I have loose, I honestly don't think I could pick one favorite. It would be easier to name the few that I don't like.

JediTricks
08-02-2002, 07:27 PM
Not to stray too far off topic, but like GSJ I also am quite fond of the AF Sail Barge for all the reasons he mentioned plus the slot for AF Jabba.

I think the worst Action Fleet (not counting the spin-offs of the 3 R/Cs or the 2 AF Podracing rev-up podracers) would be the Flash Speeder from Ep 1 Wave 2. This thing is just ill-proportioned and way too big, it's one of the few SW vehicles I think Hasbro did a better job than Galoob on (the B-wing is the other).

Glitch
08-04-2002, 02:04 AM
Actually, I was only thinking about Micros. AF is a whole other topic, but as long as someone brought it up...

The Flash Speeder is nasty. It was the victim of the same two words that were constantly drilled into our heads when we were designing Action Fleet. These two word are what also made the Cloud Car, Gian Speeder and the Snowspeeder so grossly oversized. Those two words are (clears throat), "perceived value."

All vehicles were to be designed so that they all looked as though they were worth your $10 - $14. I could tell you guys stories about the problems I had with this all day.

Hmm, reminds me of one time....I remember it like it was yesterday...rubs chin, and looks up....

Summer, 1998

During one of our meetings with the directors of the AF and MM lines (let's call them T and J), they felt that the Flash Speeder did not match the "perceived value" of the other ships in the wave - especially the Federation Landing Ship. It was already quite a bit bigger than it should have been, but they wanted us to do the drawing over again in order to bulk up the vehicle.

Anyway, it was a friday, and the control drawings for that wave needed to go out to Galco on monday. We REALLY wanted to get out of there to start our weekends, so all we did was scan the drawing, tweak the proportions in Photoshop, and dropped by a Kinkos on the way out and printed it out on their mega printer. Total time: about an hour. Not bad considering it normally takes about to 20 hours to create a control drawing from start to finish. We were out of the office early that day, and no one even noticed that it was printed on the vellum rather than drawn by hand. :)

SWAFMAN
08-04-2002, 10:14 AM
See, that is why I will never succeed in the corporate environment. I would've brought a luke's landspeeder to the table (and sales figures for the battle pack & kaybee two-pack w/AT-ST if those numbers were favorable) and asked them to reconcile their "perceived value" creedo against the logic dump that would occur in the little brains of kids trying to play with these two speeders together.

This would've been a better candidate for another mini-scene or a two-pack - maybe a decent-scale flash speeder w/ a decent-sized sith speeder or that thing the people floated in while addressing the senate?

I swear, Glitch, the arrogance of the senior people at hasbro (or even Galoob, if this took place before the transition), sometimes seems to rival even Lucas's.

I wish I could be a consultant to Hasbro on AF production, offering a POV from a mature collector's standopint. After all, they've basically admitted that they're not interested in attracting kids to buy this line by eliminating action features and figures. If they want to sell strictly shelf display pieces, I'm the type of buyer they're after - the one who buys two of everything.

Is there any way their Royal HighnAsses would deign to grant me an audience?

good shot jansen
08-05-2002, 07:50 AM
when mason 1st opened it, and checked it out, his reaction was something way less than thrilled with it (in fact i recall he tossed it aside, and refered to it as a baby's toy :eek: ) so much for perceived value i guess.

he does play with it in conjunction with the gian speeder, performing lightening raids on enemy bases, but this is due to the fact that it's just another land attack craft out of many at his disposal. if i had started him off with the flash speeder as his 1st action fleet toy, i doubt much of my toy/cash allotment would have been dedicated to the line at all.

of all the vehicles in the af line, this one definately feels the cheesiest when holding it, it has no weight to it. the silly big gun is exactly that, a silly big gun, (the t-16 should feel better, as it's not the only ship to be given this silly big gun treatment)

LTBasker
08-05-2002, 08:27 AM
The Flash Speeder is nasty. It was the victim of the same two words that were constantly drilled into our heads when we were designing Action Fleet. These two word are what also made the Cloud Car, Gian Speeder and the Snowspeeder so grossly oversized. Those two words are (clears throat), "perceived value."

Hasbro even screwed up their Flash Speeder. They had a backseat that even an Ewok would have trouble sitting in. :D

How come there weren't any Episode 1 battle packs? A Flash speeder to scale with the figures seems like it would've been great for the first E1 Battle Pack. A Coruscant Taxi pack could've been #2. In place of the Flash Speeder for the AF line could've been Chancellor Palpatine's shuttle or a different pod racer.

Just wanted to add that my favorite AF scale line is the trilogy AF, mostly because I only have AF from there. :D Out of the ones I have I would have to say my favorite was the X-wing. It was the closest to scale with the figures that the toys had ever gotten for the X-wing and it was affordable and with figures. :cool:
Out of the ones I don't have I'd have to say the TIE Defender, just cause I love that ship already from the TIE Fighter games.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-05-2002, 11:05 PM
I can't really pick a favorite line, except to say that they are all my favorites. From the BPs, AF, MMs, the characters, the playsets to the mini-heads, I can't really say one of those lines are my favorite. One line that I really am not enthralled with is the X-ray line.

My favorite ship would have to be the Tie Defender. Such a unique design. I would love to see a full scale version of this ship although I do have one AF version. The A-wing, Tie Fighter, and Milennium Falcon are all up there too.

I really can't say I love EP1 AF because I lack most of the ships, so I'll plead ignorance.

Can't wait to get my grimy paws on the new AF. The nearest Target is about a half hour drive away so visits are few and far between. But I am going this week and I am crossing my fingers.

JediTricks
08-07-2002, 03:01 PM
Man, that Flash Speeder story is a tragedy. I was rarely bothered by the size of the Snowspeeder, but I must admit, on my days on the Galoob Buzz Board, I did mention my disappointment in spending $10 on the Cloud Car. I wish they had put a pack-in with these instead of just bulking them up though. :( If the Gian Speeder didn't have those mega launchers on the sides, I'd say it was a "fairly" reasonable size item, especially compared to the Flash Speeder.

Glitch
08-08-2002, 10:23 PM
One idea that I submitted was to include a more elaberate display base with some of the samller vehicles to compensate for their lack of size (i.e. Bespin landing platform for Cloud Car, refueling base for Flash Speeder, etc..).

haggie
08-09-2002, 12:00 AM
One idea that I submitted was to include a more elaberate display base with some of the samller vehicles to compensate for their lack of size (i.e. Bespin landing platform for Cloud Car, refueling base for Flash Speeder, etc..).

WOW! That would have been awesome! Why didn't that idea make it through? I love the stands that are a bit more elaborate, like the Landspeeder stand that makes the Landspeeder look like it is hovering. I felt a little burned myself for having to spend $10 on that dinky Cloud Car. I wouldn't want it to be bigger but getting a landing platform with it would have fixed any problems I had with it.

JediTricks
08-09-2002, 03:23 AM
Yeah, a more elaborate stand would have been too cool. If it had been a mini-playset like a smaller version of the Ep 1 Mini-scenes, that would have been worth all that money AND MORE. Just goes to show, a great line could have even been greater.

sicqnus
08-11-2002, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Man, that Flash Speeder story is a tragedy. I was rarely bothered by the size of the Snowspeeder, but I must admit, on my days on the Galoob Buzz Board, I did mention my disappointment in spending $10 on the Cloud Car.

Hi JediTricks, you'll may be interested there is a store in Paris wich was selling a Cloud Car AF for 300,00 FF (approx $44) two years ago....... It kicked my *** !!! I did never know if they finally sold it because i've never visited this store again (not anymore painful *** ! ;-)).

Classic trilogy :

Best : Imperial Landing craft, Rebel Transport, Tie Defender (I love them all).
Could be better : B-Wing, X-Wing, Tydirium Shuttle and of course the Y-Wings...

Episode 1 :

Best : Trade Federation Landing ship, Sith Infiltrator, Naboo Royal cruiser, Republic Cruiser, MTT
Could be better : Nabbo fighter (super deformed?), Trade federation Control ship, Fambaa RC (each time I'm watching it walking, I have a great laugh !).
:p

Preferred ships : Sith Infiltrator and Tie Defender (for this last one, i must admit that, the rarity should influence my judgement).

One of my favorite line (after the AF) is the Die-Cast line. I preferred it to the Micro Machines because they are more detailled and the first wave packagings (the round bubble packaging) are really beautiful and unusual.

JediTricks
08-13-2002, 04:06 AM
44 bucks!!! I'm fainting, that price is giving me a nosebleed. :D I hate seeing Action Fleet getting jacked up like that, but ESPECIALLY that tiny little shrimpy ship!

Glitch
08-20-2002, 10:57 PM

Glitch
08-20-2002, 11:01 PM
Favorite MM's, anyone..?

LTBasker
08-20-2002, 11:19 PM
HMS Bounty.... I just got it and it is beeeaaaaaauuuutiful! I wish I could get a fleet, but most likely I'll never get the chance. The detail on it is awesome and it was suprising that they even put "HMS Bounty" text on the bottom. One other great plus is that it's more accurately proportioned than the fixed wing Birds of prey micros even though it houses such a sweet feature for the wings.

Glitch
08-21-2002, 12:09 AM
Ahhh...the HMS Bounty. Nice little ship. I agree on all levels.

Your choice has been noted and recorded.

:)

JediTricks
08-21-2002, 01:30 AM
Whoa, what's this talk of the HMS Bounty MM being different? The one I have has a nicer paintjob, but nothing like what you guys are describing. What am I missing?!?

britcit3
08-21-2002, 08:13 AM
Hey JT

The HMS Bounty micro from set 11 or 12 has moving wings so that it can be in either flight or battle mode.

It also has better paintwork (as mentioned, it has "HMS Bounty" written on the bottom (courtesy of Bones in ST4)).

Cheers

BC3

jeddah
08-21-2002, 08:44 AM
...God knows I'm always being asked to, anyway. :evil:

My favourite SW MMs are the Mon Cals, B-wing, Slave 1, and all the EP1 ship MMs except Podracers.

ST is a superlative line and as my collection is rather small at the moment, despite VT and BC3's honourable efforts, I still have not seen enough to make a definitive favourites list. Of what I have I would have to say the federation ships are my favourites with the excetion of the Enterprise. I absolutely love the Fed Spacedock and that is my premier choice :)

Of all the Galoob products, my faves were the AF line. Including The TF lander just because I loved the ship in the movie, the Sith Infiltrator Alpha design, Gungan Sub, Royal Starship and any and all Rebel craft with the exception of the B-wing.

It is my long held belief that this was produced under/oversized as a personal affront to me because of something I must've done in a past life. Sometimes I weep.

;)

jeddah
p.s sorry for the crap post but I just find it difficult to play favourites.

LTBasker
08-21-2002, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Whoa, what's this talk of the HMS Bounty MM being different? The one I have has a nicer paintjob, but nothing like what you guys are describing. What am I missing?!?

As BC3 mentioned it does have a nicer paint job, but unlike Voyager they were able to make the folding wings blend in nicely so while it looked less whole than the regular ones, it looked like it does from the movie when the wings are down and up. Just compare pictures of it from the movies. :) Also the proportions are more correct, if you look at the regular BoP micros you'll notice the wings are wide but the studio models they're less wide apart and look longer which the HMS Bounty micro is able to pull off and still look accurate even with the action feature.

Or shorter explanation: It represents the ones from the movies and shows alot more than the regular ones do.

vulcantouch
08-21-2002, 12:41 PM
(anyone care to guess what "usc" stands for? :o ) good Luck tryina get one now :(
ltb: speakin of "pull off", hms' wings are removable & re-attachable in various alternate configurations (http://twinsuntimes.com/toyforce/IMAGES/aut_4195bjcollectionmm_7f.jpg) :)
glitch: have you received a.y's address i sent?
jdah: then i guess next time you're up north you're just gonna hafta drop in on bc3's lair & see em all for yourself, eh? :)
vt

britcit3
08-21-2002, 01:47 PM
VT

Very nice snap of the most collectables.

I see that you have removed those God awful landing legs from Stroopers Tac fighter - I have too.

BC3

JediTricks
08-22-2002, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by britcit3
Hey JT

The HMS Bounty micro from set 11 or 12 has moving wings so that it can be in either flight or battle mode.

It also has better paintwork (as mentioned, it has "HMS Bounty" written on the bottom (courtesy of Bones in ST4)).

Cheers

BC3 *Sob* *whail* oh dear, looks like I shouldn't have relied on the 2nd collectors set! Great, now I need STMM pack #11 (I checked) because this sounds awesome... there's one on ebay that just ended for $75+... bastages! I can't believe how cheesy Galoob went by including the inferior regular BOP MM with HMS Bounty paint in the collector set :(.

vulcantouch
08-22-2002, 10:54 AM
what, you hadn't viewed this before? i spose you also never saw the rest of em (http://twinsuntimes.com/toyforce/sabretooth.htm), or our 'mm fashion teas' (http://twinsuntimes.com/toyforce/vttime.htm)? ;)
that particular pic was a close-up of a 'glory fleet' (http://twinsuntimes.com/toyforce/IMAGES/aut_4171bjcollectionmm_7f.jpg) of rare ones b'jr let me arrange for the occasion of r2 & warstar's visit. if you look closely, you can kinda make out a "v" and a "t" in the pattern ;) but actually, we haven't removed sst landing legs; i guess pix just don't show em-
vt