JangoFart
07-31-2002, 05:36 PM
Here's sumpin' for you "scalper-haters" out there. Take a chaw on this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1754603546

That ought to stoke the fire :)

J

Jargo
07-31-2002, 07:46 PM
Now that does surprise me....... :rolleyes: Actually my brain hurts more from the text screaming so loudly. What the hell font size is that!!!!? Ginormous humongous.

Ultra ultra rare george Lucas fart in a bottle, be the first to own this rare item that even Ricky McC doesn't own and he works with him!!!! ULTRA RARE!!!!! You will not find this item in the stores it is exclusive to us and is very rare!!!!!!!!!! which means that because we are the only people to have this item early it is rare and HTF and will cost the same as a rare US navy aircraft carrier to the winner of this auction because it is RARE!!!!!!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

tagmac
07-31-2002, 07:49 PM
Seeing as how this guy is asking $240 for this "rarity," yet there is only ONE bid for $3.80 (LESS than a fig normally costs), I'm not angry. I'm LAUGHING MY *** OFF at this moron!

Lord Tenebrous
07-31-2002, 08:22 PM
I really hate how these items become "rebate" figures (I got a free Artoo with a $35 purchase, but with a reserve price of $40, I get my toys for free!) :rolleyes:

Like Theatre Luke, this has the text, "Not for retail sale". I consider that to be $0 in trade value, and selling it on eBay is not promotional use. But with shipping at $10, this person is obviously too stupid to know that. :rolleyes:

LTBasker
08-01-2002, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
Like Theatre Luke, this has the text, "Not for retail sale". I consider that to be $0 in trade value, and selling it on eBay is not promotional use. But with shipping at $10, this person is obviously too stupid to know that. :rolleyes:

Actually for the theater Luke in trade value I think it would've been the price you paid for the ticket, but that's just me so. :D

This seller is looking very desperate to get rid of this thing judging from the huge text and stuff. Probably someone who bought it early from another seller then found out about the TRU deal.

icatch9
08-01-2002, 08:53 AM
Yes, it's funny how people get these early, and how other more educated people just laugh at them and wouldn't touch that price with a ten foot pool.

Still the Value of this figure should be at least $35.00, assumeing that's what we'll have to spend to get it. I mean it's free, but you have to buy $35 worth of stuff to get it. It's not as if TRU is just going to give it to you. So, the price of $35 at a show or something wouldn't be to bad, but I expect everyone to have on of these, so they shouldn't be to valuable.

LTBasker
08-01-2002, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by icatch9
Still the Value of this figure should be at least $35.00, assumeing that's what we'll have to spend to get it. I mean it's free, but you have to buy $35 worth of stuff to get it. It's not as if TRU is just going to give it to you. So, the price of $35 at a show or something wouldn't be to bad, but I expect everyone to have on of these, so they shouldn't be to valuable.

I'll just buy my Gunships and Arena at TRU then. :happy: 2 Luke speeders = 40, 1 X-wing = 40, 1 Gunship = 40, 1 Arena = 40. Plenty of opportunitys to pick it up especially if you were gonna pick up that stuff anyways. I just hope the X-wings are still around then...

JEDIpartner
08-01-2002, 09:28 AM
...by the way... who's the ugly chick in the pic? :p

Jedi Drew
08-01-2002, 01:12 PM
Yea, JEDIpartnr I was wondering the same thing about the chick in the background. Maybe she comes with the R2 figure..just like a buy one get one free deal. :eek: :eek: :eek:

JEDIpartner
08-01-2002, 01:17 PM
BTW... is it just me or does it strike you funny that the thread "New gas for the fire" and was started by JangoFart? Gads... I'm such a child.

stad
08-01-2002, 01:30 PM
Not in his defense or anything, but I think he is the only one that's laughing now, it's over $100. That's just free money for him, just because some people are so desperate to have something before anyone else. Hell, if I had one now, I would be tempted to list it, knowing they will be readily available later. If someone wanted to give me a hundred for such a silly thing, it would be hard to say no...that's more Star Wars money! What do you all think, am I just really off-base here?

Jedi Drew
08-01-2002, 01:36 PM
I wouldn't pay over $30.00 for that R2 even IF it included that skank in the background....:crazed: :crazed:

JEDIpartner
08-01-2002, 01:37 PM
I'm with you there!

Jonna
08-01-2002, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Drew
I wouldn't pay over $30.00 for that R2 even IF it included that skank in the background....:crazed: :crazed:

Don't you dare talk about my mother like that Jedi Drew Carrey!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

2-1B
08-01-2002, 01:49 PM
Did they blur her image on purpose? :confused:

Mandalorian Candidat
08-01-2002, 03:13 PM
I wonder if this guy would scalp his own mother a can of Metamucil if she were backed up for two months and there was a worldwide shortage of fiber.

JangoFart
08-01-2002, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the laugh, JEDIpartnr. I truly dug that one!

J

Jedi Drew
08-01-2002, 06:03 PM
Hey Jonna, It's Mr. Jedi Drew Carrey....:eek: :eek:

rynobot
08-01-2002, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker

I'll just buy my Gunships and Arena at TRU then. :happy: 2 Luke speeders = 40, 1 X-wing = 40, 1 Gunship = 40, 1 Arena = 40. Plenty of opportunitys to pick it up especially if you were gonna pick up that stuff anyways. I just hope the X-wings are still around then...

If you're gonna buy all those at TRU then don't buy them all at once, buy one at time so they give you an R2-D2 for each one.

JediTricks
08-01-2002, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
BTW... is it just me or does it strike you funny that the thread "New gas for the fire" and was started by JangoFart? Gads... I'm such a child. You're sick, you're sick in the head JP. (heh heh, I came in here to post the same exact thing! :D ;) :crazed: )

QLD
08-01-2002, 11:43 PM
Hey, she isn't that bad. I've been in much worse places. Especially in high school.

ANd I am thinking about using the Buy It Now, I don't think we'll be able to buy it, and my head will explode if I don't get the latest ultra-rare super cool ultra-valuable figure of the day!

JangoFart
08-05-2002, 10:51 AM
OK!!

HERE'S one for ya!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1755326255

Now, I dig AFA graded figures as much as the next man, but that price shocks the brain!

J

Mandalorian Candidat
08-05-2002, 11:05 AM
Sometimes I wonder if some people just shouldn't be allowed to have money.

The going price for those two figures could probably feed a 3rd world nation for a year.

LTBasker
08-05-2002, 11:27 AM
Ya notice that those two figures are not near the same quality. The R2 has little edge work on it while the Vader also has some edge work on it but the on the same degree as the R2. Eh, he's a frickin fraud. They were just put in the star cases then the grades printed out and slapped on...and people are stupid enough to buy it. Pathetic.

JangoFart
08-06-2002, 02:41 PM
Well, I think those are the real deal w/ regard to AFA grading. I have a few graded and they are in identical cases and his figures do have the AFA hologram on the side.

At the same time, the price is beyond comprehension. I think the most I have paid for any figure (except Vintage) was $75.00 for a Toy Fair Vader when they first came out.

But, a fool and his money.......

J

thespar
08-06-2002, 04:18 PM
i glind those people have that type of my so send a figure. when i can not find a item for a good price then it just leave it there for some.

Prince Xizor
08-06-2002, 04:27 PM
$222.50!!! He got over TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS for that. Agh! I need to get my hands on one of those things now, then pawn it off on ebay!

kdp100
08-06-2002, 07:36 PM
While everyone's giving this seller bad press, I think it's only fair to point out that, having bought a couple of items from him back in February (for a moderate price), he was a friendly seller and shipped the package quickly and with good packaging.

I'm not condoning any sort of artificial inflation on rare or unreleased items and I DO agree that the sort of prices quoted here are quite silly, but nobody's forcing anyone to buy these items and I don't think it's entirely fair to vilify so strongly an eBay seller who gives prompt and friendly service when there are so many others out there who don't!

That's my four-penn'rth, anyway.

JangoFart
08-06-2002, 09:55 PM
I will agree with kdp100 that this guy is a top-notch seller. I have bought from him in the past and will continue to do so in the future. (I just got a Teemto and a Ki-Adi for $6.99 each and they arrived quickly and in perfect condition.)

Heck, I say more power to him if he can get those prices for his figures. It just AMAZES me that people will pay it.

J