PDA

View Full Version : Best and Worst POTF Figs

tagmac
08-01-2002, 12:51 AM
Best: Sandtrooper, Boba Fett (original), C-3PO (1995), Leia Boushh, Snowtrooper, Tarkin

Worst: Rebel Fleet Trooper, Princess Leia (1995), Hoth Han, Luke Skywalker (1995)

BoShek
08-01-2002, 11:27 PM
You mean POTF2?

Best: Zuckuss, Aunt Beru, Tarkin

Worst: "Gorilla" Chewy (1995), Han Endor, "Macho" Lando (1996).

tagmac
08-03-2002, 12:30 PM
Yep, you're right. I stand corrected.

TIE Pilot
08-04-2002, 04:05 PM
Worst: "Gorilla" Chewy (1995), Han Endor, "Macho" Lando (1996).

Is Endor Han ~really~ that bad? I kinda like him. Yes, his shirt is wrong.. and he suffers from "buffness" as most of the early POTF2 figures do. But the bulkiness of the trenchcoat seems to hide it. I dunno.. I kinda like this Han figure.

But I do agree that Washboard abs Lando and Sasquach Chewie are ~very~ bad.

jonboy
08-04-2002, 04:37 PM
Best: Zuckuss, Ree-Yees, R2 w/holo Leia, Commtech Stormie

Worst: "monkey" Leia, Lando, 1st Chewy, Bib Fortuna, At-St Driver

icatch9
08-05-2002, 09:18 AM
CT Stormtrooper = Best

Delux Luke = Worst

sith_killer_99
08-05-2002, 12:25 PM
Ah, NOONE has mentioned Darth Vader with removable helmet???

Best: Vader with removable helmet
Stormtrooper (CommTech)
R2-D2 with holo Leia
Leia Boussh (I just really liked this figure)
C-3PO (MMC)

Worst: Royal Guard
Mon Mothma
Monkey Face Leia
R5-D4
Buff Chewie

Just my 2 cents!

But removable helmet Vader IS a GREAT figure!;)

Darth Marra 54
08-06-2002, 05:54 PM
Best: Vader Removable helmet
Worst: 1st Leia

redfive41101
08-11-2002, 01:00 PM
Best Vader w/removable helmet, Boba Fett, Zuckess

Worst R5-D4, Emperors guard (should have resembled AOTC version), 1st leia

sicqnus
08-11-2002, 05:50 PM
Worst : R5-D4 (horrible !), all the first body building orange card wave (better play on a California beach :-)), the swow chewie, the freeze frame chewie (IT SQUINTS !!!).
SOTE Chewie (looks like a Masters Of The Univers figure....).
First green card Vader (seems he had eaten too much Mc Donalds and Soda's...). All three figures from the Jabba's Skiff guards cinema scene (seems they're unfinished). The "I told you not to eat too much" Han Solo from beastpack with Jabba (horrible too).

Best : all the Comtech wave (especially the Jawa with Gonk dro´d), Aunt Beru, Max Rebo, Cantina Band member, Rebel pilots cinema scene (all), and lots more...

bigbarada
08-24-2002, 11:12 PM
Best:
Removable Helmet Vader
Commtech Stormtrooper
Artoo with Holo Leia
TIE Fighter Pilot (he was the best figure in the line in 1996)
Bossk
Commtech Vader (except in the accessories department)

Worst:
R5-D4
Flashback Artoo with shooting lightsaber
Royal Guard
Monkey Leia

I must be the only person who actually liked the 1995 Chewie.:o

AdmiralPiett
08-25-2002, 05:07 AM
"You wrote to me once, listing the four chief POTF2 figures -- R2D2 with holo Leia, Vader with removable helmet, Tarkin, and Aunt Beru. As I read the list I knew I had none of them. But I have other figures -- Chewie, that can be a figure when building a Planet of the Apes diorama; monkey leia; han endor, perhaps not in the correct shirt but Han Solo has many shirts; Buff Luke, to Ebay he flew. But none of my figures were on your list. Even then it was as if they didn't want me as a fan... "
Commodus Piett

Anakin
08-26-2002, 12:12 AM
personally, i love all of my figures, i've had sooo many fun hours playing with them, but if i had to pick a least favorite it would be R5-D4, ONLY because he has the missile, other than that i absolutely LOVE my figures, because i have all of the figures that were on orange cards (now off because i was only 9 or so and star wars was my life) my family knew how much i liked star wars so they bought me all of my collection, except boba (again, first variation) but i sold him to my little bro cuz he has slave 1, i have a fair collection, all off card cuz, what's the point in having a toy if you can't play with it? so ALL of my figures are off card and i LOVE THEM ALL!!!

bigbarada
08-26-2002, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by AdmiralPiett
"You wrote to me once, listing the four chief POTF2 figures -- R2D2 with holo Leia, Vader with removable helmet, Tarkin, and Aunt Beru. As I read the list I knew I had none of them. But I have other figures -- Chewie, that can be a figure when building a Planet of the Apes diorama; monkey leia; han endor, perhaps not in the correct shirt but Han Solo has many shirts; Buff Luke, to Ebay he flew. But none of my figures were on your list. Even then it was as if they didn't want me as a fan... "
Commodus Piett

Heehee, that's great!:D:D

GL- "Your faults as a fan, is my failure as a director.":D

LTBasker
08-26-2002, 01:48 PM
I think one of the most over looked but one of the best POTF2 figures was Lando as Skiff Guard. It was well proportioned, had a sweet removeable helmet, came with the right accessories, and he was in a nice neutral pose. :cool:

Darth Evil
08-27-2002, 02:42 PM
I like Skiff Guard Lando as well, for the same reasons. And I picked him up cheap, in a supermarket. Ah, I found many a figure there. For some reason, I really like Emperor Palpatine (with walking-stick). I spent ages looking for him.

billfremore
08-27-2002, 03:21 PM
Best has to be Vader with removable helmet, hands down.

The worst for me has to be all of the 'Schwarzeneggerized' figures.

Lyet
09-11-2002, 12:24 PM
Agreed on the Vader as the best. The worst was that first Leia they released. It looks like it was Drag-queen day at the Skywalker Ranch.

QLD
09-14-2002, 02:28 PM
Best is Vader w/ removeable helmet.

Worst is Malakili

Lewis
11-08-2002, 10:00 AM
Best: Commtech range..all ten..Yummy more please in Empire card

Worst: As said before, the over the top muscle figs...Yook :p

Jedi Master Silas
11-08-2002, 07:59 PM
The best for me were: Motti
Aunt Beru
Mon Mothma
Pote Snitkin
Anakin (FF)
Grand Moff Tarkin

The worst IMO were:Princess Leia Organa
Lando and the steroid induced line.

Usually we were so happy to see new figures I cant say that I really hate any of them. Nicer sculpts would have been nice.