PDA

View Full Version : who is going to sell like hotcakes in the coming waves?

hango fett
08-01-2002, 08:39 AM
i just to a look at all the comic con pictures and they are sweet! i can tell from just looking at him that the yellow clonetrooper will be hard to find because everyone will want this awsome figure! i am dissapointed in the jango slave 1 pilot because i thought he would have a equipment rack that could go in that hole. and he has a stupid gimmik! for the deluxes i would say the clontrooper w/ speeder bike is going to sell just as fast as the basic yelloe one. the unleashed dooku and mace both look increadible! I can't wait to get these!
what your thoughts?
h.

brentfett
08-01-2002, 09:50 AM
I too really like the clonetrooper pilot and think the Jango pilot stinks. But in terms of dstribution I think these will be just like all other new Star Wars stuff: Everybody will moan for a month or two saying they can't find it, then a month after that they will be everywhere. Learning to never worry about the availability of upcoming toys is a tough lesson to learn, but I must say I no longer worry at all anymore. Everything turns up eventually!

Darth Detori
08-01-2002, 10:47 AM
yeah, Jango Pilot does look a little cheesy. and why aren't they packing in a helmet??? cheapskates.
Mace Unleashed is pretty neat looking, and Dooku is ok. His pose is good for his character

Beast
08-01-2002, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Darth Detori
yeah, Jango Pilot does look a little cheesy. and why aren't they packing in a helmet??? cheapskates.
Because Jango doesn't wear a helmet or backpack when he pilots the Slave 1. He's wearing the headset/earmuffs that are on the figure. So I don't see a problem of having a Jango with no helmet. We already have a ton of Jango's, one of which has a removable helmet. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rogue II
08-01-2002, 11:09 AM
If you need an extra helmet that bad, there is a Jango Fett Helmet in the Arena Accessory pack.

I don't recall Jango Fett using guns on board Slave I, but he comes with both pistols.

Beast
08-01-2002, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Rogue II
I don't recall Jango Fett using guns on board Slave I, but he comes with both pistols.
Well, they can't very well not include his pistols. What fun for kids would the figure be, if he didn't have his blasters? Hasbro learned from not packing a lightsaber in with Luke: X-Wing and Darth Vader (Commtech). Besides, he appears to have working holsters for his blasters, so that's cool. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hango fett
08-01-2002, 11:23 AM
yes, but i thought someone said that he would have a rack that goes into the slave 1 kind of like the pilot obi-wan has the radar dish........
h.

brentfett
08-01-2002, 11:23 AM
I don't know Jar Jar, you talk about fun for kids, well this fgiure is no fun for anyone who doesn't have Slave One.:rolleyes: At least the Obi Pilot figure can work well as it's own stand alone figure.

Beast
08-01-2002, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by brentfett
I don't know Jar Jar, you talk about fun for kids, well this fgiure is no fun for anyone who doesn't have Slave One.:rolleyes: At least the Obi Pilot figure can work well as it's own stand alone figure.
It's fun, even for people that don't have the Slave 1. Just like the Obi-Wan Pilot figure, he has the headset molded on. Big deal, he also has cool quick draw action. So it's not like you need the Slave 1 to enjoy the figure. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

brentfett
08-01-2002, 11:29 AM
Yeah I guess you're right. I suppose I'm just getting a little spoiled by all the great pack-ins of the Saga line. So when I see a figure without ANYTHING I am very turned off by it at first

hango fett
08-01-2002, 11:53 AM
technically, the only figure without a pack in so far is palpy. jango does have packins. his blasters.
h.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-01-2002, 11:54 AM
Anywhoooo, back to the topic...

I think the Yellow CT will sell like crazy because most will want an army, but Hasbro will have tons of these floating around so we'll all have the chance to buy plenty.

I'll also put my $ on Padme Coruscant Arrival. It's a much better sculpt that the Arena version, plus we get the all important removable helmet. **mmm removable helmet**

FKA Broke Collector
08-01-2002, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat

I'll also put my $ on Padme Coruscant Arrival. It's a much better sculpt that the Arena version, plus we get the all important removable helmet. **mmm removable helmet**

I agree. I think the new padme will sell like crazy. I'm really looking forward to this figure. Much better sculpt compared to the original one.

hango fett
08-01-2002, 12:02 PM
i was just looking at the arena playset boxed and it looks like we get a new obi-wan soon! because it has a diffrent arm sculpt than either of the ones that are out now! yes!!!
h.

brentfett
08-01-2002, 12:22 PM
I don't think the new Padme will sell well at all. I think us collectors will buy it but it will have no kiddie appeal because of the tiny screen time that outfit was worn by Padme. I think the latest waves have proven one thing: the figures aimed at collectors only do not sell well. Makes sense though, us collectors are probably outnumbered 5 to 1 by little kids.

Chiesa
08-01-2002, 12:47 PM
Naturally I think the yellow clone trooper will sell very very well... I think hasbro would have quite a number of these floating around... :D Also the speed biker with the cool removable helmet would do pretty well too!!!

As for the unleashed... Mace's pose is good but are his closed again?? It seems to me that it is... Whats with his eyes Hasbro? Sheshhhh.... Though the force is strong with him... doesn't mean he has to close his eyes and feel all the time!! :) Dooku's pose look pretty majestic and great!! 12" Dooku's sculpt looks really really good too!!

Sigh I wonder when they would all reach here :)

Cheers :)

-JediMaster-Yoda-
08-01-2002, 12:52 PM
Hango i'am pretty sure that Obi-Wan is jedi starfighter pilot

Rogue II
08-01-2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Well, they can't very well not include his pistols. What fun for kids would the figure be, if he didn't have his blasters? Hasbro learned from not packing a lightsaber in with Luke: X-Wing and Darth Vader (Commtech). Besides, he appears to have working holsters for his blasters, so that's cool. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Oh yeah, I forgot. These are for kids. Silly me.:D

I was looking at that Tusken Raider/Massif picture again. Its hard to tell, but the color looks a shade darker than the POTJ version.

thespar
08-01-2002, 03:06 PM
they will problem all fly off the shelf for the first few weeks. with scaplers, kids and us collectors all going after them.

hango fett
08-01-2002, 05:40 PM
just noticed something! jango pilot DOES have his jett pack! you can see it in the close-up of it from the comic con!!!
h.

Darth Trymybestus
08-01-2002, 08:42 PM
ANAKIN SKYWALKER - TATOOINE ATTACK.
It's going to sell like hotcakes... can you taste the hype?!

Darth Yambag
08-01-2002, 08:54 PM
Both pilot and Deluxe Clone Trooper will fly off shelves. Army builders can see the possibilities.

Pilot Jango looks like a decent sculpt, but the kids already have 4 versions of him. Market canabalism much like Darth Maul. It's only 5 bucks.

Destroyer droid looks pretty good.

Anything having to do with Christopher Lee seems to come out with an amazing likeness. Darth Tyranus Unleashed looks like a winner. Crouching L. Tiger Unleashed will also do well because he's a bad muther Jedi.

hango fett
08-01-2002, 09:10 PM
i think the destroyer droid is the same from the previous ones...just has two more firing things on the bottom...
h.

Beast
08-01-2002, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by hango fett
i think the destroyer droid is the same from the previous ones...just has two more firing things on the bottom...
h.
It seems that it may be a bit larger then the previous versions. It's definatly more detailed, you can tell by the arms. Not to mention the head features the extended center eye that the Destroyer Droids had in the movies. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

QLD
08-01-2002, 11:33 PM
I think that Aunt Jemima will sell like hotcakes.

I also think that it doesn't matter, because whichever one it is, whether it is Jar Jar or Malakili, we will all desperately crave it so much that we will start 500 new threads dedicated to the fact that we can't find it.

hango fett
08-02-2002, 08:32 AM
we will see, JJB, in a couple of months....that was the prototype anyway.
h.

Darth Trymybestus
08-02-2002, 11:12 AM
hey, can anyone post a picture of Jango Fett Slave 1 Pilot? Thanks
Oh and also, does anyone know what the Deluxe Clonetrooper will be like?
Oh and also, the Darth Tyranus Unleashed too :)

billfremore
08-02-2002, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
I think that Aunt Jemima will sell like hotcakes.

I also think that it doesn't matter, because whichever one it is, whether it is Jar Jar or Malakili, we will all desperately crave it so much that we will start 500 new threads dedicated to the fact that we can't find it.

Hey I've been looking for that deluxe clonetrooper with removable pants but I can't seem to find it. ;)

(Does anybody know if it's anotomically correct?):D

Beast
08-02-2002, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Darth Trymybestus
hey, can anyone post a picture of Jango Fett Slave 1 Pilot? Thanks
Oh and also, does anyone know what the Deluxe Clonetrooper will be like?
Oh and also, the Darth Tyranus Unleashed too :)
Why not just check out the coverage of the Comic Con from the front page. Here's a direct link to the coverage. :)

http://216.127.66.72/ss/gallery/album01

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth Trymybestus
08-02-2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Why not just check out the coverage of the Comic Con from the front page. Here's a direct link to the coverage. :)

http://216.127.66.72/ss/gallery/album01

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Wow, thanks JJB, you've now elevated yourself above Captain Tarpals :)

Darth Trymybestus
08-02-2002, 11:34 AM
Jango Fett Slave 1 Pilot looks GREAT! Is that a Clonetrooper without a helmet I see??????????

hango fett
08-02-2002, 03:53 PM
yep. that'd be a removable helmet CT. i never thought they would do that but they did! good hasbro!!:happy:
hango fett

hango fett
08-02-2002, 09:13 PM
and they gave him removable padding! check out the new pics!! plus the speeder bike looks very cool!!!
h.

macewindu87
08-02-2002, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by brentfett
I don't think the new Padme will sell well at all. I think us collectors will buy it but it will have no kiddie appeal because of the tiny screen time that outfit was worn by Padme. I think the latest waves have proven one thing: the figures aimed at collectors only do not sell well. Makes sense though, us collectors are probably outnumbered 5 to 1 by little kids.
I agree with ya Brentfett we are outnumbered 5 to 1 by the little monsters, but I say the mace unleashed fig. with be a hot seller.
mace:crazed:

hango fett
08-02-2002, 10:03 PM
eh, what do kids know ;)
we collectors have to stick together then!!
h.

Prince Xizor
08-05-2002, 12:49 AM
I bet Darth Maul Sith Training will sell pretty well

bigbarada
08-05-2002, 01:13 AM
Well, I gave up trying to predict which figures will be hot when I saw Chewie Bespin warming pegs in my local Wal-Mart. Kids just don't know value when they see it.

I really hope that Ephant Mon doesn't sell well, as this will make it much easier for me to find him; but I fear that his enormous size and incredible coolness will appeal to everyone.

Given what kids were most impressed with in Ep2, I think any Yoda figure will be a good seller. I don't know about flying off the pegs, but Hasbro can't lose with Yoda right now.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-05-2002, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Darth Yambag
Both pilot and Deluxe Clone Trooper will fly off shelves. Army builders can see the possibilities.

Yeah, I agree. I'm getting at least two or three of each myself.

Count Dooku
08-05-2002, 06:45 PM
I think Lott Dodd will be a good seller in the new waves, along with Ephont Man. However the Padme will be a pegwarmer in no time. That dish that is an accessory is about the size of DirectTV dish! (dumb accessory)

hango fett
08-05-2002, 07:19 PM
i think she has a very cool accessory! i bet lott dodd will warm the pegs the day that our wal-marts around us get them. but ephant mon is probably going to be a best seller along w/ yoda and dooku.
h.

Hellboy
08-05-2002, 07:28 PM
I agree that the Clonetrooper Pilot and Deluxe Clonetrooper will be the hottest simply because of the army builders. I'll be getting multiples as well.:greedy:

hango fett
08-05-2002, 07:51 PM
multiples? i will be getting millions muuahhaa! oh, sorry, more like 3 of the CTP and 2 of the CTD.
h....

Adam
08-05-2002, 08:37 PM
I sincerily DOUBT that Lott Dod will fly off the shelves.. sure he probably WILL the first coulple weeks, maybe even a month.. but I don't think the kids will want to pick up a senator with no weapons and just a hologram accessory :rolleyes:

Prince Xizor
08-06-2002, 03:07 AM
Originally posted by Adam
I sincerily DOUBT that Lott Dod will fly off the shelves.. sure he probably WILL the first coulple weeks, maybe even a month.. but I don't think the kids will want to pick up a senator with no weapons and just a hologram accessory :rolleyes:

Yeah, Lott Dodd is not going to sell well. There is a whole bunch of Orn Fre Ta's and Palpatine's on the pegs around me with nobody buying them, and I don't see anything differant happening with Dodd.

Punch-The-Clown
08-06-2002, 05:35 AM
i'll get the pilot jango but yeah he should have his hlemet. jarjar, yeah he might not wear it in the slave one but in the arena he is holding it and then puts it on. the newest jango doesn't have a removable helmet cause the head comes off.