PDA

View Full Version : Movie with best Vampire origin.

scruffziller
08-01-2002, 09:36 AM
Even though it is last on my list for a movie about vampires.
Dracula 2000 has the best origin because it uses more facts of history that we can relate to and the the legend of vampires' facts fit into it nicely. When the movie showed(to not spoil for anyone who hasn't seen it) where he came from and who he was. It was one of those feelings that you get when a Palpatine tells a young Anikin "We'll watch your career with great interest.":D

Mandalorian Candidat
08-01-2002, 11:40 AM
I enjoyed the origin from Bram Stoker's Dracula the best. It was sudden how Gary Oldman goes from a God fearing Christian man to the Prince of Darkness' handyman but it is straight from the original source of Bram Stoker.

icatch9
08-01-2002, 12:03 PM
How about Vampire in Brooklyn :). I'm just kidding, I just couldn't resist :D

darthvyn
08-01-2002, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
I enjoyed the origin from Bram Stoker's Dracula the best. It was sudden how Gary Oldman goes from a God fearing Christian man to the Prince of Darkness' handyman but it is straight from the original source of Bram Stoker.

yes, definitely cool. really well done in the movie, as well...

not too much origin, but did anyone see shadow of the vampire? it was GREAT! willem defoe was amazing, and john malkovich was just awesome. i guess it's kinda more the origin of the actor who played nosferatu, max shreck (the character in batman returns is named after him...) than the origin of nosferatu. the movie is awesome. go watch it. now.

LTBasker
08-01-2002, 01:21 PM
Dead and Loving it. :p

I think Bram Stroker's Vampire origin was nicely done, even though when I saw it I didn't much like horror flicks, but I couldn't stop watching such a nice movie. :D

DarthBrandon
08-01-2002, 01:39 PM
I thought Bram Stoker's Dracula had the best Vampire origin with Dracula 2000 running a close second.:)

QLD
08-01-2002, 02:31 PM
I liked Buffy the Vampire Slayer. :D

And Lost Boys. :D

OK......fine.....Count Chocula?

JediTricks
08-01-2002, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by darthvyn
not too much origin, but did anyone see shadow of the vampire? it was GREAT! willem defoe was amazing, and john malkovich was just awesome. i guess it's kinda more the origin of the actor who played nosferatu, max shreck (the character in batman returns is named after him...) than the origin of nosferatu. the movie is awesome. go watch it. now. I saw it in the theater and I thought it was ok, but could have been better with a little more plot.

SWAFMAN
08-01-2002, 10:38 PM
I dunno about best origin, but as far as a fresh, original vampire plot, I thought Blade was pretty cool.

And I agree with the comments about how great Shadow of the Vampire, Dafoe & Malkovich were. That movie should be used by film school professors to educate film students on moviemaking and acting.

JediTricks
08-02-2002, 01:23 AM
Blade was kick ***, I can't believe I left that out of my post - probably my favorite vampire movie of all time.

QLD
08-02-2002, 01:30 AM
No one said Fright Night?

No Once Bitten?

No Vamp?

No Dracula Dead and Loving It?

Man.....those are the best ever. :D

scruffziller
08-02-2002, 12:11 PM
Yes Shadow Of THe Vampire was an original. It was really interesting. I have been somewhat of a coniesuer on collecting vampire stories and exploring the differences in those stories.

LTBasker
08-02-2002, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
No one said Fright Night?

No Once Bitten?

No Vamp?

No Dracula Dead and Loving It?

Man.....those are the best ever. :D

Actually I said Dead and Loving it. ;)

Blade was great, didn't get a chance to see Blade 2 though. :(

Ultimate vampire film: Disney's My mother has a date with a vampire. :eek:
(kidding of course....)

Pendo
08-03-2002, 02:25 PM
I'll have to say the two Blade Films are the best Vampire films!!!

PENDO!

Rogue II
08-03-2002, 05:49 PM
I liked Blade and the Lost Boys. I haven't had the chance to see Blade 2 yet.

-JediMaster-Yoda-
08-08-2002, 02:50 PM
Yeah Blade 1 was way better then Blade 2, but they were both the best vampire films I ever seen