PDA

View Full Version : I cannot believe.....

Lt Kettch
08-01-2002, 12:05 PM
I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY GAVE JANGO PILOT QUICKDRAW!

Some of you will say, well just dont buy it. But i'm a completeist :)

I'm just tired of hasbro's gimmicks, quickdraw especially, hopefully it will be along the lines of han's, the lease terrible of all quick-draw.

Dark Marble
08-01-2002, 12:17 PM
I really don't care for the gimmick either, but I will pick this figure up no matter what. I am having a lot of fun adding boba and jango to my collection. I say keep them coming. :D

Chiesa
08-01-2002, 12:56 PM
I'm with Dark Marble... Gimmicks or no gimmicks just keep em coming! :)

Cheers :D

LTBasker
08-01-2002, 01:00 PM
Well... I'm thinking about buying an extra Jango Pilot, Jango KE and Jango FB then putting the right arm of Jango FB on the Jango KE torso and putting the Jango Pilot head on the Jango KE torso.

The biggest thing is that he has no reason to come with that gimmick, I mean we hardly even see his arms when he's like that. :rolleyes: Oh well, I'm leaving him in the Slave 1 since that's the only place I have use for it.

DarthBrandon
08-01-2002, 01:48 PM
Just another excuse for a new Jango figure, next we'll have Jango in pajamas or something silly like that.

Lt Kettch
08-01-2002, 01:55 PM
That's why I was angry Basker, just no reason at all for this figure to have this feature!

JEDIpartner
08-01-2002, 01:57 PM
Is this feature like Zam's Quick-draw feature or is it like the lame Padme and/or Han version? The one they implemented for Zam really wasn't THAT bad.

Rogue II
08-01-2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by brandon
Just another excuse for a new Jango figure, next we'll have Jango in pajamas or something silly like that.

Don't give Hasbro any ideas. We are already up to 5 Jango Fetts.

Final Battle
Pilot
G. E.
Preview
Deluxe

He is quickly catching up to Darth Maul. :rolleyes:

I know, I know. It is a movie year and he is a popular character.

thespar
08-01-2002, 02:17 PM
i guess they gave him quick drawn so you can react the sceen as before he claims in to slave one.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-01-2002, 02:39 PM
Butabutabutabut he doesn't even have a friggin' helmet!!!
Oh well, I guess they have one in the arena accessory set for a reason . . .

JEDIpartner
08-01-2002, 02:46 PM
Just take little Boba's helmet... he doesn't need it for the Kamino Escape anyhow! :D

Rogue II
08-01-2002, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
Just take little Boba's helmet... he doesn't need it for the Kamino Escape anyhow! :D

Oh, so now we are stealing from children?!?!? Shame on you. :mad:

:crazed: ;)

Can't they get anything right?

JEDIpartner
08-01-2002, 02:51 PM
It's like stealing candy from a Boba! ;)

Mandalorian Candidat
08-01-2002, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Lt Kettch

You mean a two-pack with that horse sherriff cartoon character?? ;)

That does sound kind of dopey with this sculpt. When does he draw his gun in the cockpit? Oh yeah, there was that deleted scene when he asks Boba to get him a can of Fosters after he thinks he dusts OB1 and he uses his blaster to open it up. :rolleyes:

Sounds like a lame attempt to make the figure collectible since they've left out the helmet.

Darth forb1us
08-01-2002, 04:38 PM
from the looks of it, its boring. blasters (so you can fight obiwan and then climb into the slave1, dont forget to bump your head, of course while wearing boba's huge helmet lol!)

I've been thinking of making a hybrid Jango lately, and every time someone says it I just wanna do it :p

well, at least when this is released I can have a staring contest between palpatine and jango: pilot
but for now, I will play with palpatine alone, for he is SO ACTION PACKED! hahaha
and being a completest I will need two, one for moc and one for the slave 1

/end sarcasm
/start seriousness
Keep em coming!

JediTricks
08-01-2002, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by Lt Kettch

Some of you will say, well just dont buy it. But i'm a completeist :)

I'm just tired of hasbro's gimmicks, quickdraw especially, hopefully it will be along the lines of han's, the lease terrible of all quick-draw. You and me both Kettch. I just hope he fits in the Slave 1 cockpit with all that gimmick going on, there was no reason for it except to sell what they probably saw as a "boring" figure to kids. And like Marble, I'll be getting this fig in spite of its gimmick.

Old Fossil
08-02-2002, 11:48 AM
I've been looking forward to this figure for a while. Looks like it's in a more neutral pose than previous Jango's, and the head sculpt is a bit more accurate than KE. 'Course, the preview pics usually look better than the figure on the pegs.

Still, looks to be a fun figure. I wonder if the helmet will fit snugly on him, with the headset on and everything?

Jayspawn
08-02-2002, 11:54 AM
I love the Pilot Jango figure. I've really been wanting one of these! Quick draw or not, bring it on!

"I have got to get me one of those."

Forhekset
08-02-2002, 02:14 PM
The Jango Pilot figure looks great if you ask me. Excellent likeness on the head sculpt. Sure he has a pointless gimmick, but he's a main character from Collection 1, so I guess it was mandatory that he come with some sort of gimmick, given Hasbro's marketing scheme this time around. I doubt the quick-draw feature will seriously detract from the figure, the way Arena Padme's action feature does.

Jedi_Bates
08-02-2002, 03:26 PM
dont they have enough jango figures already...?
I think this is the most figures that hasbro has ever made of a person that dies in the same movie they're introduced in.

Jonna
08-02-2002, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Jedi_Bates
I think this is the most figures that hasbro has ever made of a person that dies in the same movie they're introduced in.

Don't forget Maul.

thespar
08-02-2002, 03:32 PM
yeah good old darth maul has jango fett beat out in that area so far.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-02-2002, 03:56 PM
Don't forget, they can still justify making the non-Mandalorian armor Jango from when he's in his quarters on Kamino.

Jango Fett: Kamino Lounge Wear

Jonna
08-02-2002, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
Don't forget, they can still justify making the non-Mandalorian armor Jango from when he's in his quarters on Kamino.

All I know is that if they go that far, they better give him fuzzy bunny slippers!:rolleyes:

OriginalBryGuy
08-02-2002, 04:12 PM

Remember in the Arena scene where Jango shoots the Jedi off the balcony and then twirls his guns like some sort of Cowboy. Don't blame Hasbro, Lucas's bad writing is to blame for that one.

Darth forb1us
08-02-2002, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Jonna

All I know is that if they go that far, they better give him fuzzy bunny slippers!:rolleyes:

I'll buy the whole lot of em! LOL

QLD
08-02-2002, 08:02 PM
I can't believe it's not butter!!!!

JediTricks
08-02-2002, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Jedi_Bates

Jedi Duel Darth Maul
Deluxe Darth Maul
Tatooine Darth Maul
Cinema Scene Darth Maul
KB-exclusive Tatooine Darth Maul w/ MM Sith Infiltrator
Darth Maul Soft Goods
Darth Maul fat-face (original JD Maul w/ new facial paint job and item number)
Sith Speeder Darth Maul
Invasion Force Speeder Darth Maul
Tiger Sith Speeder game Darth Maul
Masters of the Dark Side 2pack Darth Maul
Wal-Mart-exclusive Holographic Darth Maul
Final Duel 2pack Darth Maul
POTJ Final Duel Darth Maul
POTJ Sith Training Darth Maul
POTJ Deluxe Darth Maul
Saga Sith Apprentice Darth Maul

And that's not counting the non-4" versions:

12" Maul
12" Electronic Maul
12" Sith Speeder Maul
12" Sith Lords 2pack Maul
Epic Force Maul
Mega Action MaulBesides, Jango has like 5 times as many lines and as much screen-time as Maul did, plus more in-film costume changes. (You know what's sad? I typed all that from memory including every "Darth Maul"... I coulda just copy/pasted that part. :D)

Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat

I'd actually buy that, I thought he was very cool in that scene verbally facing off against Obi-Wan. It'd need removable armor though, so Boba could go hide it in the closet.