PDA

View Full Version : Carded Image - Endor Rebel Soldier #2

Beast
08-01-2002, 12:33 PM
Just found this at Rebelscum. The headsculpt is different then the one that was shown at Toy Fair. His backpack appears to be a lighter shade of green, and his boots appear to be more green as well. It's scheduled to be shipping in the following case assortment. :) Lame that they didn't change the insert from the bearded version though. :p

Collection 2 assortment 84861 000 K contains (2) Watto, (2) Lott Dod, (2) Tusken Raider with Massiff, (1) Teemto Pagales, (1) Ki Adi Mundi, (1) Massiff with Genosian Warrior, (1) Endor Rebel Soldier, (1) Taun We, (1) Royal Guard.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

billfremore
08-01-2002, 12:43 PM
Yeah well, the imperial officer didn't really match his picture either, so...

I think Hasbro's just getting lazy

bobafett07728
08-01-2002, 12:47 PM
Is this Endor Soldier going to have the same number as the previous? I would assume so being that the insert photo hasn't changed. That would be silly to change the number on the insert, and not the pic.

Chiesa
08-01-2002, 12:52 PM
I've a feeling that this endor soldier will be a pegwarmer by itself too in the near future... But I'm pretty glad he has lost his beard so that we can have more variant of them as an army... :D Can't wait to get the new cooler Ki Adi Mundi... :)

Cheers :D

LTBasker
08-01-2002, 12:57 PM
Peg-warmer or not, it'll look nice with my current army of Endor Soldiers. :cool:

I didn't really expect them to change the insert, they didn't modify the image for the Dirty Biker Scout, nor are they changing the image for the Battle Droid. (It'll still be the white one on the insert) Although that is VERY lazy of them to not even go into Photoshop and delete the layer for the goatee that THEY added on to the Endor Soldier pic. :rolleyes:

JEDIpartner
08-01-2002, 01:25 PM
I'll probably get him, too... besides that... he's better looking than the previous version. ;)

Forhekset
08-01-2002, 01:31 PM
So how long 'til we start seeing the clean-shaven ERS on eBay advertised as "RARE ERROR L@@K! ENDOR REBEL SOLDIER FIGURE W/ INCORRECT PACKAGING AS YOU CAN SEE THE FIGURE DOES NOT MATCH THE PICTURE ON THE CARD THIS IS VERY RARE AND A ONE OF THE KIND ERROR SHIPPING WILL BE $20"?

stad
08-01-2002, 01:33 PM
I better get to listing!!!

Exhaust Port
08-01-2002, 01:34 PM
I've heard talk of an Endor Soldier army builders pack. If that rumor is true, will it include both versions or just one?

Rogue II
08-01-2002, 01:39 PM
I like both versions. I bought 2 of the bearded version, I may get a 3rd. I will most likely pick up a couple of the non-bearded.

Are we going to have another debate on who this ERS looks like?

Is it Marky Mark?

Is it a Back Street Boy?

Maybe the lead singer for Linkin Park?

LTBasker
08-01-2002, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Exhaust Port
I've heard talk of an Endor Soldier army builders pack. If that rumor is true, will it include both versions or just one?

Neither, the 4-Pack that the Fan Club will get is the POTF2 Endor Soldiers.

hango fett
08-01-2002, 02:07 PM
JJB,be careful! reblescum might want this picture back!
h.

MikeAndTheBots
08-01-2002, 02:21 PM
Do his backpack and hat seem greener than the first ERS's or is it just me?

JEDIpartner
08-01-2002, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by MikeAndTheBots
Do his backpack and hat seem greener than the first ERS's or is it just me?

You're not reading these threads, are you? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
His backpack appears to be a lighter shade of green, and his boots appear to be more green as well. (from the initial post)

MikeAndTheBots
08-01-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr

You're not reading these threads, are you? :rolleyes:

(from the initial post)
Oops, sorry I just skimmed Jar Jar's post to see who he was shipping with.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-01-2002, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
Are we going to have another debate on who this ERS looks like?

Is it Marky Mark?

Is it a Back Street Boy?

Maybe the lead singer for Linkin Park?

I'll vote for Peter Scolari from Bosom Buddies. :D

Since we got a Tom Green ERS, shouldn't we get a Johnny Knoxville one too?

thespar
08-01-2002, 02:57 PM
fun how he shipping with both versions for the massiff

Adam
08-01-2002, 03:19 PM
I thought the shaven ERS looked a lot like Obi-Wan the first time I looked at it...

The True Maul
08-01-2002, 03:26 PM
Good a different version of him for army building thats great, and Hango I think your right about that!! :)

Darth forb1us
08-01-2002, 04:12 PM
cool, will give some life to an ers army :D
before this it was a mere clone troopers army vs ers clone-battalion lol

Beast
08-01-2002, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by hango fett
JJB,be careful! reblescum might want this picture back!
h.
Well, if Rebelscum cares more about their need to control the news, then fans getting the info, they can stuff the picture. Maybe if their site didn't take so long to load for some members of the forums, I would just link to them. :p :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hango fett
08-01-2002, 06:42 PM
you go JJB!
h.

Fixer
08-01-2002, 10:52 PM
He kinda looks like Hayden, actually. Excellent custom fodder.

Old Fossil
08-02-2002, 11:56 AM
Criminy! WHY doesn't Hasbro use this opportunity to make the Endor Rebel soldier with the blonde beard? I've been waiting almost 20 years for that guy. How hard could it be to make him, someone easily recognizeable from ROTJ? Instead we get one with a head that looks like it's been reused from G.I. Joe. I will NOT be buying this figure!

...'kay, rant over...

Rogue II
08-02-2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Twodot Tatooine
Criminy! WHY doesn't Hasbro use this opportunity to make the Endor Rebel soldier with the blonde beard? I've been waiting almost 20 years for that guy. How hard could it be to make him, someone easily recognizeable from ROTJ? Instead we get one with a head that looks like it's been reused from G.I. Joe. I will NOT be buying this figure!

...'kay, rant over...

I'm tired of waiting also. That is why the next time I see the bearded ERS, I am going to buy it and paint him blonde.

Dar' Argol
08-02-2002, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Collection 2 assortment 84861 000 K contains (2) Watto, (2) Lott Dod, (2) Tusken Raider with Massiff, (1) Teemto Pagales, (1) Ki Adi Mundi, (1) Massiff with Genosian Warrior, (1) Endor Rebel Soldier, (1) Taun We, (1) Royal Guard.

Hey Jar, Thanx for the Case info. I'll hold on to it until I see it, then I'll add it. But its good to know what to look for:D.

The Clean version looks really good though. I'm surprised they changed the whole head. I think I'm gonna pick one up then. I wasn't b/4, but after seeing the pic, hmmm . . . . . .

Thanx again JarJar:D

Jayspawn
08-03-2002, 12:34 AM
The new Endor Rebel Soldier looks great. He'll look great with my army of Endor Soldiers. More headsculpts, the better.

bigbarada
08-03-2002, 12:47 AM
Since the helmet is completely removable, it should be easy to buy a few extras and do headswaps to make even more variants. I think the POTJ Bespin Guard head should fit pretty well on that body also.

I'm really looking forward to this version, very cool! Like a couple people have mentioned, I would also like to see the blonde bearded guy made, but I think he should be made in the Biker Scout armor, with a removable helmet. (remember, he was the one who donned the Biker Scout armor when the Rebels stormed the Imperial Base.) This way we can have a removable helmeted Biker Scout AND a different Rebel Trooper. That's two figures in one!

Rogue II
08-03-2002, 07:40 AM
I did a head swap with the Bespin Guard and ERS. I posted the picture of the Besping Guard in the Customize section. The neck of ERS is longer than the Besping Guard's. I had to trim his neck to keep him from looking like a giraffe.

I didn't put the Bespin Guard's head on the ERS yet. I think it may have to be glued in place.