PDA

View Full Version : Hey, buddy. Wanna buy some Battle Packs?

haggie
08-01-2002, 01:55 PM
I just scored two sets of Battle Packs at Target. One set is for myself but the other set is for whoever needs it. I'd like to offer the set to somebody who doesn't have a Target anywhere near them first. The Battle Packs were $6.00 each and it'd cost about $5.00 to ship them in the US so the total would be $29.00. If you want them just post in here and we'll work it all out. If nobody ends up wanting them I'll just take them back to the store for somebody else to find.

A word to the wise. If you are looking at Target for these BPs make sure to look on the pegs with all the 3 3/4" figures. That's where I found these. Some were even behind figures on the pegs. The packaging is the exact same size as the carded figures but the packages weight a lot more. It looks like they are shipped 12 BPs per case (just like the 3 3/4" figs) because they had exactly three sets there (another collector bought the other set when I was there).

SWAFMAN
08-01-2002, 04:39 PM
I'll stand-down to anyone who doesn't have a Target in their town, but if no one speaks up under those conditions, I'd like to put in a "2nd-dibs" on them. Thanks.

haggie
08-01-2002, 04:53 PM
You got it SWAFMAN. They're yours unless somebody with no Target in town steps to the plate. I don't mean to jerk anybody around, I'm just trying to do a nice deed for those who have absolutely no chance of getting these BPs at retail.

These exclusives seem to be a bit too exclusive. I've visited three different Targets every day for a week and they haven't had a single Battle Pack. The one day I go to a Super Target 30 miles from my apartment I find the BPs. Really makes me wonder if there will be more shipments coming soon or if this is it. It seems like it will be hard for people to find them even if there is a Target in town (but at least those with a Target will have a chance).

shinakuma43
08-02-2002, 12:44 AM
I do have a couple Targets that I can get to, but they're both far enough away for me to never make it to either of them unless I absolutely have nothing else to do. So, if being a lazy bastard with Targets 45 minutes to an hour away in opposite directions qualifies me as someone without a Target in town I'll take them :) LMK.

Later,
S43

haggie
08-02-2002, 03:47 AM
:crazed::confused::crazed:

Um, err, ah... golly.

I'll go with "they are SWAFMAN's unless he deems somebody else's situation to be so much worse than his that he'll stand-down." :p What a way to pass the buck, eh? Your situations probably aren't drastically different and he chimed in first so I'll say they are still sittin' in his basket unless he thinks differently.

shinakuma43
08-02-2002, 07:49 AM
No problem. On Wednesdays I shoot pool in NH and there is a Target nearby which I sometimes manage to stop at. I got the new Simpsons playsets there a couple weeks ago so hopefully next Wednesday I can get to it and hopefully they have them. If they weren't releases I'd be more motivated to search but right now I'm not too worried about them.

Later,
S43

SWAFMAN
08-02-2002, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by haggie
:crazed::confused::crazed:

Um, err, ah... golly.

I'll go with "they are SWAFMAN's unless he deems somebody else's situation to be so much worse than his that he'll stand-down." :p What a way to pass the buck, eh? Your situations probably aren't drastically different and he chimed in first so I'll say they are still sittin' in his basket unless he thinks differently.

"Haggie zigs... Swaffy zags... Haggie deftly sidesteps... But, OH NO!, Swaffy ducks, bobs, weaves! The crowd goes WILD!!!"

I called 2nd dibs. I have a target in the next town, about a 20 minute drive each way. I'll leave it up to S43 to decide. I'm a bit surprised we haven't heard from any overseas folks, if these pieces are not getting released in your areas.

shinakuma43
08-03-2002, 03:17 PM
It's not that big a deal to me. I'd like to have them now, but I can wait. If anyone is able to grab an extra set for me I'd really appreciate it. The next time I'll be able to get to a Target will be at least next Wednesday. If I get thme I'll be sure to post that I got them and if they have extras it'll be no problem to pick them up for anyone else. If nobody needs them I'll have 90 days to get around to returning them.

Later,
S43

haggie
08-03-2002, 03:49 PM
I'm still making semi-regular stops at Target too so I'll pick up more if I ever see any. I'm really surprized that you two are the only ones to reply in this forum. SWAFMAN, if nobody pipes up by monday they're yours. I still have your address from when I sent you the Landing Craft.

haggie
08-05-2002, 03:22 PM
Battle Packs are officially yours, SWAFMAN. I'll take the rest of this converstaion off-line. Will send you an email shortly.