PDA

View Full Version : Insider issue archive info ?

2-1B
08-02-2002, 01:59 AM
Well, I somehow managed to lose 5 issues, and need to figure out which ones. :D
I know the numbers, but can't recall every cover. Anybody know where I can find a complete listing?

While I'm at it, I'd like to look into scoring some of the back issues I don't have (I first subscribed with issue 29) . . . so I'm looking for a complete listing of every issue.

Thanks! :)

dr_evazan22
08-04-2002, 05:46 PM
Caeser,
I've been a subscriber since around ish 22 (I'd have to pull it out and look), but it was the Nov/ winter ish. On the cover was the George Lucas Super Live Adventure in Japan. Again, I'll have to look, but those early ish's had back order forms.
If I can help, LMK.

Thrawn
08-09-2002, 11:39 PM
Where is that know it all jjb !? No matter. I have them all. Here is the list.

#23 The Cult of Wedge
#24 Ralph McQuarie Interview
#25 James Earl Jones Interview
#26 George Lucas Interview
#27 Return to Tatooine
#28 Peter Mayhew Interview
#29 SOTE
#30 SE Fold-out Cover
#31 Expanded Universe
#32 20 years + Special Edition
#33 Wampa Attack
#34 Mark Hamill Interview
#35 Tusken Raider Cover - Newsstand
#35 TIE Pilot Cover - Fan Club
#36 Why are these Jawas smiling?
#37 Senator Palpatine Revealed
#38 The Simpsons Strike Back
#39 The Kid who grew up to be Darth Vader
#40 Dawn of the Battle Droid Cover - Fan Club
#41 The New Obi-Wan
#42 The New Face of Evil - Darth Maul
#43 Revenge of the Sith Cover #1
#43 Revenge of the Sith Cover #2
#43 Revenge of the Sith Cover - Previews Exclusive
#44 (Labeled #39) Natalie Portman/Episode I
#45 Aurra Sing Cover - Fan Club
#45 E1 Cover - Newsstand
#46 Anthony Daniels/C-3PO
#47 Mara Jade
#48 Road Trip
#49 ESB 20th Anniversary
#50 Hayden Christiansan
#51 Christopher Lee
#52 E2 R2-D2 + C-3PO
#53 Ian McDiarmid
#54 Episode II Update
#55 Mace Windu
#56 Episode I DVD
#57 Jango Fett
#58 AOTC Photos
#59 25th Anniversary
#60 AOTC
#61 Yoda Springs to Life

2-1B
08-10-2002, 01:01 AM
Thank you! :D

Ahhhh, The Simpsons Strike Back - how the hell did I lose that one? :frus:

evazan, issue 22 is the Lucasfilm Fan Club magazine, right?

Thanks Thrawn, it looks like I started subscribing 6 issues into the name change . . .

Eternal Padawan
08-10-2002, 11:15 AM
Those multiple cover schemes are annoying. I didn't succumb and buy multiple copies.

ROLLO!

2-1B
10-01-2002, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
Those multiple cover schemes are annoying. I didn't succumb and buy multiple copies.

ROLLO!

Amen to that. I remember when it was only done rarely, but now mags like Toyfare do it EVERY issue. :rolleyes:

Woo-hoo ! I snagged 4 of those 5 issues I was missing . . . only those damned smiling jawas elude me. :p

Bel-Cam Jos
10-01-2002, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan

ROLLO!
Why would you need to to? They print a copy of the alternate cover on the inside page! :rolleyes:

I think #23 was the first SW Insider after the Lucasfilm Fan Club, or whatever it was called then.

Bel-Cam Jos
11-11-2002, 11:56 AM
I noticed sw.com had an article on the upcoming Insider #64, and it made me think; I don't remember getting #63. I checked the site and I do not recall receiving a cover with an Acklay on it. Anyone else not get #63, or do I have to register a complaint? :frus:

El Chuxter
11-11-2002, 12:11 PM
I got #63, but I never got #62 from them. I figure it took me about six tries to get them to change my address, so it's probably not worth complaining about. I'll let my lack of subscription renewal in a few months speak for me. :D

Bel-Cam Jos
11-11-2002, 04:16 PM
Curiouser and curiouser... at bookstores, the newest issue seems to be #62 (with blue Jedi on cover). I have yet to even see #63. I just renewed (yeah, I know... :confused: ) and so I'd better have all of them caught up. :mad: Worse part is, I haven't finished reading #62 (darn work!).

Bel-Cam Jos
11-20-2002, 07:31 PM
Update:

From [Bel-Cam Jos]:
Dear Insider,
I have not yet receieved issue 63 of the SW Insider. My subscription was due to end after the November one (#63 I believe) and so I renewed it for another year. My payment shows a date of October 10, so I felt it was in on time. I have noticed #63 at bookstores and newstands; is there a delay in sending them to subscribers? Will I receive it, or am I out of luck?

Sincerely,

[Bel-Cam Jos]

From SW Insider:
Hi [Bel-Cam],
You should have received issue #63, I will resend this issue to you.

Thanks
Michelle
c/s

From [Bel-Cam Jos]:
Thank you for your quick response.

I received #64 in the mail today, so #63 never made it to me. I eagerly await it (I'll wait to read #64 until then!).

From SW Insider:
Hi [Bel-Cam],
We'll get that issue out to a.s.a.p, sorry for the inconvenice.

Thank you
Michelle
c/s

This bodes well for the new Fan Club!
:)

Bel-Cam Jos
12-20-2002, 06:27 PM
Only took one month to the day for me to finally get it. I may have to suspend my kudos for the Club.

El Chuxter
12-23-2002, 12:14 PM
I'm iffy about the new club. I sent a payment for renewal over a month ago to Escondido, CA (less than a two hour drive from my house). It hasn't cleared my account yet, and when I called to see if it had been received, I couldn't get a clear answer as to whether it was lost in the mail or they had a tremendous backlog. Either way, it's got me more than a bit concerned. :(

Bel-Cam Jos
12-24-2002, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by El Chuxter
I'm iffy about the new club. I sent a payment for renewal over a month ago to Escondido, CA (less than a two hour drive from my house).
Odd! This "Escondido" place is also less than a 2-hour drive from me, and I live in the Core Worlds, on Chandrila! :p
I'm not too fond of the increased publication, also. More mags a year means either more rehashing of stories later, or a quicker end to reports overall. :(

El Chuxter
01-02-2003, 01:50 PM
Man, this is SCREWY!

I called to balance my checkbook the same day I posted my previous post, and the check had finally cleared! And then the next day, I got a second notice on the renewal. Figuring they'd just crossed in the mail, I called down to the Fan Club to make sure. . . apparently, they noted that I sent a check but it hadn't posted to my Fan Club membership yet. The lady said it was a computer error that they were aware of and had received many calls about, but not to worry.

I can't figure out what kind of database they're using that she could tell me so quickly that there was a note they'd received and deposited my payment, but not actually posted it. :confused:

Bel-Cam Jos
01-03-2003, 11:51 AM
Where is this Bantha Tracks membership kit we're supposed to get? And where are the Chancellor's ambassadors? A membership mix-up can mean only one thing: invalidation. (Where's the Sio Bibble icon when you need it? ;) )

dr_evazan22
01-03-2003, 05:00 PM
I've been wondering the same thing B-C J. I think that the kits are for new memberships and renewals (sp?) only. My subscription was actually paid thru '05, at least before they increased publication again, so now I have a reason to renew and get the kit. I'll ask about it when I call.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-04-2003, 03:20 PM
I renewed mine in November of this year, and I seem to recall (though I cannot find proof in an issue) that the Insider said any new or renewal subscriptions after something like August would be eligible for the kits. I may send an email to Paizo, too.

Bel-Cam Jos
03-31-2003, 06:24 PM
It's taken me a longer time to read through this Insider (#66), and I expect the next one to arrive soon, only to put me further behind. Oh well.

Noticed this on page76. Sub headline on the SW Galaxies Update reads "Bearing the Load: Tatoonie Overpopulation."

I repeat; "Bearing the Load: Tatoonie Overpopulation."

Let's play 'Find The Typo!' ;)

p.s. May I never make a misstak of my own! :p

2-1B
04-01-2003, 12:50 AM
Tatoonie rhymes with Rappertunie ! :p

I'm so upset about letting my subscription lapse, I'm going to call them tomorrow to see if I can't hotshot the current issue to my mailbox ! :(

Bel-Cam Jos
05-10-2003, 06:12 PM
From the Weezer "Buddy Holly" video: "Not so good, Al."

The Insider must have some problem with odd numbers. I have issue #68 (came in the mail today), but I am missing #67. This happened with #s 64 and 63. I sent the Club an email about 3 weeks ago, and I was told I'd receive it soon. Hmm... interesting definition of "soon." Grr...

2-1B
05-10-2003, 10:45 PM
I'm having problems too . . .

Okay, it's due to my own laziness that my subscription lapsed, BUT I called to renew late and I was kindly told that I could make it retroactive so I would get the ROTJ edition.

That was #67, right?

Yep, I'm still waiting for 67, and now I'm reading about 68 being out already . . . and I have neither. :cry:

Keep us posted, Bel-Cam ! :)

DarthChuckMc
05-10-2003, 11:33 PM
I picked up the ROTJ edition at 7-11....then it came in the mail 2 days later.....good thing my little brother like STAR WARS (he's 27...not so little either)