PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro at Comic Con

N-2PF
08-02-2002, 04:41 PM
Hasbro at Comic Con by ArtoosNews

Q: Is there a possibility of a 12 inch Episode II Boba Fett?
Hasbro: Nothing is planned.

Q: How about a 12 inch scale Drop ship?
Hasbro: Not likely, as it would be very expensive and big, which retailers balk at.

Hasbro: The rumor about the Bounty Hunter wave (12 inch) being cancelled - is false.
It is not being distributed through Hasbro warehouses in the US, but shipped directly to retailers from the factories in Asia. The 12 inch Count Dooku will continue to be released in later shipments as popularity was underestimated "for an old man with a beard". Also watch for female 12 inch figures.

mini-rock
08-02-2002, 07:59 PM
Also watch for female 12" figures.

Well, so far there is Zam, and possibly Padme. I have my fingers crossed for some female Jedi or are they talking about Portrait Edition figures?

N-2PF
08-03-2002, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by mini-rock

Well, so far there is Zam, and possibly Padme. I have my fingers crossed for some female Jedi or are they talking about Portrait Edition figures?
Maybe: On the 1st Annual Star Wars Collector night at FAO in Seattle Steve Sansweet mentioned that FAO will be doing a second series of the porcelain Amidala Dolls for the AOTC movie.

mini-rock
08-03-2002, 11:18 AM
Well, thats possible good news, I really like the Portrait Edition Dolls. I would like to see a couple female Jedi released in 2003 though, whether they are part of the council or not, instead of another male. More alien Jedi would be kinda cool too.

Master Goeweins
08-03-2002, 04:15 PM
Shaak Tii, Shaak Tii....... she deserves a 12" figure so badly!

FKA Broke Collector
08-03-2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Master Goeweins
Shaak Tii, Shaak Tii....... she deserves a 12" figure so badly!

Agreed! I'd be all over that.

mini-rock
08-03-2002, 07:39 PM
Yeah, I think Shaak Ti or Luminara would be excellent choices.

Exhaust Port
08-03-2002, 09:02 PM
Those 2 would make great 12" figures!

Old Fossil
08-04-2002, 11:05 AM
A new Yoda (with lightsaber!) for the 12" line would be most welcome!

mini-rock
08-04-2002, 11:34 AM
Twodot, I agree, but IMO a female 12" Jedi desperately needs to been done as well.

InsaneJediGirl
08-04-2002, 11:40 AM
I agree:D

I'm not a big 12'' Collector,but would buy a Shaak Ti and Luminara,possibly a Barriss to go with Luminara????A 2-Pack perhaps.

IG65
08-05-2002, 02:34 PM
We definitely need more female Jedi. And more alien Jedi as well. How can I bring my daughter into the sci-fi fold without strong female role models that do the rescuing instead of needing to be rescued?

Exhaust Port
08-05-2002, 02:44 PM
Leia and Padme being the only 2 major female characters are pretty strong female role models. But I also agree that it's nice to see a larger female presence in AOTC especially in the Jedi Council. For most, if not all, a complete Jedi Council is a necessity for the 12" collectors.

mini-rock
08-05-2002, 07:47 PM
For most, if not all, a complete Jedi Council is a necessity for the 12" collectors.

I could not agree more. IMO the Jedi Council should have been released shortly after EP I. I hope we get both I & II.

N-2PF
08-09-2002, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by N-2PF
Hasbro at Comic Con by ArtoosNews

Q: Is there a possibility of a 12 inch Episode II Boba Fett?
Hasbro: Nothing is planned.

Q: How about a 12 inch scale Drop ship?
Hasbro: Not likely, as it would be very expensive and big, which retailers balk at.

Hasbro: The rumor about the Bounty Hunter wave (12 inch) being cancelled - is false.
It is not being distributed through Hasbro warehouses in the US, but shipped directly to retailers from the factories in Asia. The 12 inch Count Dooku will continue to be released in later shipments as popularity was underestimated "for an old man with a beard". Also watch for female 12 inch figures.

Update

Originally posted by SirSteve
Those are DEFINITELY not the answers Hasbro gave!
Here are the highlights of the Hasbro Q & A. I summarized the questions to get to the point.

12" Line
"In terms of 12" figures, we will continue to have new figures. There was a little bit of confusion. It's still planned for the fall. There was an erroneous report on the Internet that we had cancelled that but it's not true. We distribute in two ways. One is domestically through our warehouse to the retailers and the other is the retailers come and pick up the products directly from us in Asia. We decided to instead of ship that product direct to our retail partners in Asia. I guess some of the customers who would have bought it from us from our warehouse received a letter that we would not be shipping this method and recorded that it was being canceled. That was not true. We will continue to have the Bounty Hunter wave this fall and continue to have 12" next year. (Andrew chimes in) and definitely keep an eye out for more female characters."

12" Scale Boba Fett from Episode II
"No current plans."

12'' AT-TE possibility?
"Right now it is not planned for this years line but it is under consideration. It may lend itself better to the Action Fleet line scale and 3 3/4" due to the size of it but it is certainly under consideration."

Possibility of 12" scale vehicles?
"The biggest thing we've gotten to do is the Tauntaun, and we have a new one coming out this year. It all boils down to a costing issue. To do something really cool like a Snowspeeder or a Landspeeder and I hate to say thins but you're pushing a $100 retail or more. We are looking at it in different ways."

K M Toydarian
08-09-2002, 05:32 AM
I would love to see blue skinned Aayla Secura! Of course, only is the get with the times and give her a new posible body such as sideshow and BBI have! Please no Aura Sing stunt!

Tycho
08-09-2002, 08:05 PM
While I love 12" scale vehicles, I cringed at the question about an AT-TE. That's beyond ridiculous.

An AT-ST to the 12" Scale has been customized and it stands nearly 4 feet high. An AT-TE would be possibly similar height, but 4 or 5 times the length! It should hold what? 12 Clone Troopers or more inside of it (an AT-AT holds about 36 men I think, plus officers and pilots, engineers, etc.) so to do this stuff on the 12" scale is a bit ludicrous.

Possible with the popularity of the GI Joe 12" Tanks and Dunebuggies, Hummers, and even the Ultimate Soldier Planes would be:

1) Luke's Landspeeder
2) Snowspeeder
3) Droid Fighters
4) Twin-Pod Cloud Car
5) Tatooine Skiff - might be possible
6) Naboo fighter (N1) from TRU display mold
7) Zam Wessel's speeder
8) Anakin Skywalker's airspeeder
9) Anakin Skywalker's speederbike
10) Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter
11) A-wing fighter w. Pilot
12) STAP with Battle Droid
13) AAT Tank with Battle Droid
14) Dooku's speeder
15) Geonosian fighter

A B-wing fighter would be nearly 5 feet long to be to scale with a 12" figure (or larger).

TIE Fighters would be hard to ship and stock due to wing size. Maybe not, if they were packaged unassembled and as flat as possible. The standard TIE Fighter would be the easiest to package this way.

The Falcon would be off-scale if it were nearly the size of a pool table, so I think it's off limits.

Slave-One as well.

Do we want some off-scale vehicles just the same? That should be answered.

#1-15 on my list would probably fly as possible though.