PDA

View Full Version : it's official, lucas says sideous is palpatine

derek
10-16-2001, 11:11 PM
i would of posted this in the episode 1 thread, but the topic switched to schooling, so i started a new thread here. anyway, in the episode 1 dvd audio commentary, lucas states that the first appearance of sideous is in holograph form because that was the way we first saw him in the empire strikes back.

i know everyone already knows sideous is the emperor, but some[GNT :)] want it revealed on film. hopefully lucas' statement on the episode 1 commentary will finally settle this.:)

Jedi Clint
10-17-2001, 12:35 AM
Thanks Derek,

I am still exploring this DVD. I never doubted that they were one in the same.

GNT
10-17-2001, 03:38 AM
Originally posted by derek
i know everyone already knows sideous is the emperor, but some[GNT :)] want it revealed on film. hopefully lucas' statement on the episode 1 commentary will finally settle this.:)

It has to be revealed in the movie for me to believe it (Dont get wrong I know whats his name plays them both and clues hint it in EP1) but it needs to revealed in the movies or its just EU!

master jedi
10-17-2001, 12:17 PM
Dang it. I wanted to post this thread first and rub it into the faces of all the non-believers.

Fulit
10-17-2001, 12:21 PM
Ha! All the people that said "No way, that's too obvious" or, even worse, "Palpatine's a clone", I say HA! In your face!

2-1B
02-19-2007, 09:01 PM
I still am not fully convinced...ROTS did not conclusively show that they are one in the same. It was theorized by Anakin but what does he know? :confused:

It could be that once Palpatine became Emperor, he didn't need Sidious any more so he killed him (offscreen in a novel, of course).

Or something. lol

JimJamBonds
02-20-2007, 10:31 AM
Do we ever see both of them on screen at the same time? NOPE! Two different dudes.