PDA

View Full Version : Gunner pods for Gun Ship

Turbowars
08-03-2002, 10:46 AM
I read somewhere that there was going to be a deluxe or basic trooper with gunner pod that would attached to the sides of the Gun Ship. Is this true or is hasblow going to screw us by not including them with the ship or ever making them?

Darth Detori
08-03-2002, 11:37 AM
they come with the yellow clonetrooper, scheduled for I think October. they don't actually FIT in the pod though, but the pod does attach to the gunship

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-03-2002, 12:29 PM
It's kinda small and cruddy, and it only comes with one!

Beast
08-03-2002, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Mr. JabbaJohnL
It's kinda small and cruddy, and it only comes with one!
It may be small and cruddy, but as has been discused before in the thread about the Gunship, it's the best way to make them. If they made them the size that a figure could fit in them, then they would look silly on the side of the ship. And if they made them small and put mini-me clonetroopers inside, it would look even worse.

As for the reason they only pack one with each Pilot Clonetrooper, is because the Republic Gunship holds 2 pilots. So if you buy 2 pilots for the gunship cockpit, then you get 2 pods for the side of the Gunship to complete it. It's really a cool solution, especially when the gun pods were a late addition to the Gunships in the movie. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-03-2002, 05:49 PM
Yeah, I know, but the Clonetrooper looks terrible while at the pod toy. And, I'm against buying more than one of the same figure . . . it's just me. :)

rynobot
08-03-2002, 06:18 PM
Jar Jar what about small bubbles with no figures? Oh that right, that is a good idea and you its not yours or Hasbros so you won't talk about it.

Obi-Don
08-04-2002, 07:59 AM
It won't matter for me. I will get the gunship and what ever figures I have to to go with it. I like the gunship.

Turbowars
08-04-2002, 09:11 AM
Hasblow should have made it more to scale and included the pods with troopers. The ship would be more $, but that doesn't seem to stop us collectors. Just look at the TRU X-Wing, it comes with a pack-in, it is over priced and they sell like hot cakes. If anything they should make a slightlty smaller version of a trooper and seal them in the pod.

LTBasker
08-04-2002, 04:17 PM
Collectors would buy it, but Hasbro wants kids to get into it also. I like the gunship the way it is now, and plus the gunship is meant to be a vehicle that you can lift, if it was made more to scale, after everything got on there it would be too heavy to lift!

You know the funniest thing about this argument is the fact that troopers did also go in the pods on the wings in the movie, but nobody's been making a big deal over the fact that they're clear and obviously can't fit troopers inside. :rolleyes: Why should there be a difference with the side pods? You only see the troopers in there for a little bit, and it wouldn't be a very exciting feature. They would probably hardly fit or not be worth putting elsewhere.

The pods are fine, my only complaint about them is that they're not clear like the wing pods and on rods sticking out like the movies but the fact is that we're getting them to complete the gunship.

Jek Porky 2002
08-04-2002, 05:20 PM
I agree with Jar Jar!

bigbarada
08-04-2002, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by rynobot
Jar Jar what about small bubbles with no figures? Oh that right, that is a good idea and you its not yours or Hasbros so you won't talk about it.

If you are going to make a snide comment, at least use correct English so you don't come off as a complete ignoramus.

Anyways, we have discussed this backwards and forwards. Sure there are other ways to do this, but this is what Hasbro chose so it's too late to change it. The side-gunner bubbles were a late addition to the movie, so the Gunship, already in the production stage by the time Ep2 was released, was made without them. To make up for that, Hasbro decided to pack them with the upcoming Clonetrooper. Remember toys take roughly 10 months of lead time and GL changing his mind willy-nilly doesn't help matters.

So, considering some of the alternatives listed here (namely: larger pods or micro-Clonetroopers or gigantic $100+ Gunships), what Hasbro did is fine with me.

Turbowars
08-04-2002, 08:06 PM
Why is everyone all ****ed off? OK Hasbro won't change it, fine. But some of you act like we can't say anything. Just becaue jarjarbinks and BirBarada have spoken, it doesn't mean we have to agree. When many of you reply, you seem very mad and others take it that way. Just relax.

bigbarada
08-04-2002, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by turbowars
Why is everyone all ****ed off? OK Hasbro won't change it, fine. But some of you act like we can't say anything. Just becaue jarjarbinks and BirBarada have spoken, it doesn't mean we have to agree. When many of you reply, you seem very mad and others take it that way. Just relax.

Right On!!! I don't know who this BirBarada guy is, but he sounds like a total jerk!:Pirate: ;) :D :crazed: :stupid:

Adam
08-04-2002, 11:34 PM
No one is mad turbo, this subject has just been talked to death already...

rynobot
08-04-2002, 11:35 PM
I'm just tired of making a suggestion and then people ignoring it. I just feel that mini clear bubbles with no figure inside would have been better. And you talk about my Englsih. whippdy do, my fingers are not perfect and they slip sometimes.

Anakin
08-04-2002, 11:51 PM
myne arw@ theu neber sjip@

Mandalorian Candidat
08-05-2002, 10:24 AM
What is the big friggin' whoop here? We're getting a great vehicle with all the gimmicks that make this line so cool. The pilot clonetrooper is just an awesome sculpt with a really great weapon, similar to that of the red CT. If you don't buy the ship but get the pilot then you still get a slick cannon.

If Hasbro had made the pods large enough to fit the gunners/pilots then the ship would cost more and be a lot bulkier. It's pretty good as it is (well, it could use some electronics) and IMO will fly off the shelves without people whining and griping all the way to the cashier.

rynobot
08-05-2002, 02:22 PM
The ship is awsome, I don't see how people think people are "crying", ohh boo who. Jez you mention how you would hage liked a bubble and people start flaming you.

Anakin
08-05-2002, 02:36 PM
i'm gonna save a bunch of money and buy 1-2 gunships, 2-4 pilots and a bunch of the jedi, battle droids, and clone troopers so i can set up a diorama cuz in my opinion most everything that hasbro's come out with (except some figure articulation) is cool, i like it all just as much as my figures from 1995 and more than the ones from the late 70's early 80's

aceguide
08-05-2002, 02:57 PM
I like the solution and am looking forward to both the vehicle and the pilots. Seems like you get more value this way.

Turbowars
08-05-2002, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada

Right On!!! I don't know who this BirBarada guy is, but he sounds like a total jerk!:Pirate: ;) :D :crazed: :stupid: Who Bi(r)Barada anyways??? Finally some humor!

thespar
08-05-2002, 09:46 PM
i will problem end up getting the gunner pods before i get gunship.