PDA

View Full Version : cinema scene thoughts

Anakin
08-03-2002, 12:55 PM
who here thinks hasbro should do cinema scenes of the jedi battle? think about it, you could have 3-4 different cinema scenes w/3 figs to each scene, you get 9-12 more jedi to compliment the 8 or so already out, they could put in ayla secura, coleman trebor, barris offee, maybe a new mace windu, i would truely like to see that, and a new arena battle padme (i read something on this but i can't seem to find it anymore) anyway, what do you guys think?

jonboy
08-03-2002, 02:07 PM
Ayla Secura is going to be released in a carded version next year. As for the rest, that would be cool. I would like to see maybe a Jedi Councel one, patrons from Dexter's diner, and one with a few Rebel Leaders.

Hellboy
08-03-2002, 03:02 PM
I'm a big fan of the Cinema Scenes and those are great ideas. I think now that the movie has been out for a while and Hasbro knows what scenes are the most popular we might get some of these in the future. I would like to see one made of the Tusken Camp Massacre personally but I doubt that will happen due to the violent nature of the scene.

FKA Broke Collector
08-03-2002, 04:16 PM
I think bringing the cinema scenes back are a great idea, as long as they don't pack 1 new figure in with 2 figures that have already been made. Think about if they did thet Dexter's Diner scene. They would put in Dexter, Obi, and 1 new figure. Probably the robotic waitress.

I want to see new figures in the cinema scenes. I think that's what made them flop for Ep1. Only cool one was Watto's Box and they put that one out in such limited numbers.

Jek Porky 2002
08-03-2002, 05:23 PM
I'd definatly like to see a Jedi council one.

DarthBrandon
08-03-2002, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Anakin
who here thinks hasbro should do cinema scenes of the jedi battle? think about it, you could have 3-4 different cinema scenes w/3 figs to each scene, you get 9-12 more jedi to compliment the 8 or so already out, they could put in ayla secura, coleman trebor, barris offee, maybe a new mace windu, i would truely like to see that, and a new arena battle padme (i read something on this but i can't seem to find it anymore) anyway, what do you guys think?

I think most of the Jedi will eventually be made, and I'm all for Cinema Scenes as long as there is three new figures instead of just one.

Originally posted by jonboy Ayla Secura is going to be released in a carded version next year. As for the rest, that would be cool. I would like to see maybe a Jedi Councel one, patrons from Dexter's diner, and one with a few Rebel Leaders.

Jedi Council is the type of Cinema Scene I'm waiting for to be made. This one would be the Big Kahuna of Cinema Scenes.
:)

Lord Tenebrous
08-03-2002, 08:20 PM
I'm not really a fan of CCs, as I would rather have Hasbro do a "definitive" version of a character than a scene-specific version. Rather than a CC with Yoda in it, I'd rather get a nicely articulated Yoda with his hoverchair, the chair in Palpatine's office, Jedi Youngling, etc.

I'd pay the CC price if I had the pieces I needed to make my own scenes. Because, as it stands now, there aren't a whole lot of memorable scenes in AOTC that involve three characters, and those generally involve resculpts.

For other alternatives (like the Skiff Guards CC), two-packs should be fine. The upcoming Night Club 2p will be a good test, and for characters like Jedi, Senators, and Separatists, it's a nice way to push characters at a more reasonable price.

And no, I don't want any patrons from Dex's Diner...their names suck.

jonboy
08-03-2002, 11:52 PM
Actually, the names of most characters in the Star Wars universe suck. I like to refer to them by what they look like, such as that fat, 4-armed mutant that looks like an alien version of Mel from "Alice". Really though, new CS would work if all of the figs were new, or at least useful versions of already released characters. I wish they would come out with a definitive version of Jedi Luke.

thespar
08-03-2002, 11:57 PM
yeah it will be nice to have cc's back but they willl have to better the es1 cc's with only one having anyhting new in them.

TheFrankEinstein
08-04-2002, 12:50 AM
I'd like to see the Obi-Wan/Jango Fett confrontation from AOTC. I considered tooling up my own diorama of the scene, but I encountered the following problems -

1. No Obi-Wan releases thusfar have been able to accommodate the blaster-deflection pose with his lightsaber

2. No Jango Fetts released would look right elevated as if he's flying (the leg stances are sculpted for standing, not flying)

3. As much as I adore soft goods, I think we might need a sculpted cloak for this scene.

And to meet the 3 figure minimum, Boba (who I just know everyone's just dying to see resculpted :p).

Adam
08-04-2002, 01:15 AM
Why are we limiting our selves to 3? Just because the others have been three, its doesn't mean the new ones can't be 2 packs as in the Obi-Wan Jango scene already described.

Chiesa
08-04-2002, 02:52 AM
I'm in for the CCs defintely... But I Just hope that this time they can give slightly more articulated figures so that they can used for other display purposes and give 2-3 new figures instead of 1... The up and coming Ayla Secura would just be great... I cannot wait to get my hands on that one!!

Cheers :D

Geonosian
08-04-2002, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by jonboy
Ayla Secura is going to be released in a carded version next year. As for the rest, that would be cool. I would like to see maybe a Jedi Councel one, patrons from Dexter's diner, and one with a few Rebel Leaders. Yeah, like the blue dug.:)

Jek Porky 2002
08-04-2002, 12:44 PM
There's a blue one and a Pink one and they both look cool.

Lord Tenebrous
08-04-2002, 01:09 PM
Just for Diner reference...

Katwalla: Pacithhip
Slyther Bushforb: Nuknog (like Ark Roose)
Bogg Tyrell: (related to Ratts)
Septo Waa: Nikto
Sidewa: Rodian
Rednax: Dug
Fracossie: New alien species
Seboca: Dug
Die Sing: Kaminoan (probably not in final cut)

And then there's...

Honka

Poor old Honka. During the celebrations on Rodia, Honka could never hold his plurc-juice, and his resultant regurgitations became legendary. Despite that, he managed to get offworld and is the scourge of Diner cleaning staff.

All from a reliable source. He noted all sorts of minor characters, including Senators Tundra Dowmeia and Ronet Coorr, as well as the cut Uv Gizen and the Faybo (Aide from the post-assassination scene, and replaced on Tatooine by the Massiff, respectively)

Now can you see why I'm not enthusiastic?

Darth forb1us
08-04-2002, 05:02 PM
I really dig the cc's, and hope for them with great anticipation :D

Geonosian
08-04-2002, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
Just for Diner reference...

Katwalla: Pacithhip
Slyther Bushforb: Nuknog (like Ark Roose)
Bogg Tyrell: (related to Ratts)
Septo Waa: Nikto
Sidewa: Rodian
Rednax: Dug
Fracossie: New alien species
Seboca: Dug
Die Sing: Kaminoan (probably not in final cut)

And then there's...

Honka

Poor old Honka. During the celebrations on Rodia, Honka could never hold his plurc-juice, and his resultant regurgitations became legendary. Despite that, he managed to get offworld and is the scourge of Diner cleaning staff.

All from a reliable source. He noted all sorts of minor characters, including Senators Tundra Dowmeia and Ronet Coorr, as well as the cut Uv Gizen and the Faybo (Aide from the post-assassination scene, and replaced on Tatooine by the Massiff, respectively)

Now can you see why I'm not enthusiastic? Which dug is the blue dug?

Lord Tenebrous
08-04-2002, 10:42 PM
Based on memory, I think the blue one matches Rednax's description. But if you have the photo, Rednax is the more repulsive one. ;)

Geonosian
08-04-2002, 11:00 PM
Ok, so the Blue dug is Rednax and the Red dug is Secoca...

Adam
08-05-2002, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by Darth forb1us
I really dig the cc's

Shouldn't it be CS? Cinema Scenes

Darth forb1us
08-05-2002, 06:32 PM
Cinema Cards
cinema scenes.. whatever :rolleyes:

Darth Marra 54
08-05-2002, 11:42 PM
A Cinema Scene of three characters of the night club would be cool

Darth Marra 54
08-05-2002, 11:43 PM
Or maybe a three pack of Jedi's from the Arena battle!

Lord Tenebrous
08-05-2002, 11:50 PM
Shouldn't it be CS?

I called Episode 1's CC for Cinema Commtech, and my mind never changed the abbreviation when I focused on the POTF2 versions. :stupid:

DarthBrandon
08-06-2002, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Darth Marra 54
A Cinema Scene of three characters of the night club would be cool

That's a good idea, and then maybe after that they can work on the council as well.:)

TheFrankEinstein
08-06-2002, 03:12 AM
A nightclub scene had better not have that drug dealer guy there. GEEZE that was lame. I mean sure, okay, anti-drug message, fine and dandy, but he had ANTENNAE for pete's sake. Something like that belongs in Red Dwarf, not Star Wars. Plus I think he was the guy who played Mouse in The Matrix...

Geonosian
08-06-2002, 04:54 AM
3 jedi arena. Coleman Pablo and Buter Swan.
Or Anakin, Padme and Obiwan on those pillars things from the arena.

Punch-The-Clown
08-06-2002, 05:18 AM
coleman would be awesome with other jedis just not with jango or anybody else we already got. which one's pablo?

Beast
08-06-2002, 05:23 AM
Originally posted by TheFrankEinstein
A nightclub scene had better not have that drug dealer guy there. GEEZE that was lame. I mean sure, okay, anti-drug message, fine and dandy, but he had ANTENNAE for pete's sake. Something like that belongs in Red Dwarf, not Star Wars. Plus I think he was the guy who played Mouse in The Matrix...
What's wrong with him having antennae? You do recall that Greedo has antennae right? It's somthing really silly to complaing about, seriously. Hopefully he's included in Wal-Mart's Nightclub 2-packs later this year, if they still happen. And yes, it was the same actor who played Mouse in The Matrix. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Croaker
08-06-2002, 08:45 AM
It appears that we will be receiving 2 cinema scenes soon. Next year.

Hasbro uk has listed the product that they expect for 2003 and among them are 2 Saga scenes.

Sounds like cinema scenes to me.

brentfett
08-06-2002, 01:44 PM
I personally was not moved by any of the characters in the AOTC night club scenes. I mean, there were so few aliens! So many were human. Compared to the cantina in ANH, and other scenes, this scene was incredibly un-diverse.

Punch-The-Clown
08-06-2002, 01:55 PM
what about the guys who played c3po and jarjar? will they be i the nightclub packs? i know they're humans but they would be cool figures. i like the twelek aliens they'd be cool to get.

Old Fossil
08-06-2002, 02:08 PM
Cinema scenes are okay. One thing I never liked about 'em was the fact that usually the figures included each had only one foot with a peg-hole.

vader419
08-06-2002, 02:55 PM
how about a few from episode 1
more along the likes of five of them
four different sets from the jedi council, each with three sitting jedi masters, and the fifth(oh, i'm gonna catch hell for this) should be ob1, qui gon and anakin.
this way we would have the whole scene where qui gon introduces anakin to the council

thespar
08-06-2002, 03:09 PM
i guest setup like that we can live with one young anakin as long as the scence is more where qui-gon is behind anakin. also the jedi counncil will have to be made lst. welcome to the fourms vader 419