PDA

View Full Version : Carded Image - Watto

steve3p0
08-03-2002, 12:19 PM
i found this on a newsletter from Brian's Toys, they're selling them for something like $20. i haven't seen this image on SSG , so i thought i would share it.

to me he is just like the saga palpatine ... he is a great looking character and toy ..... but.... he looks so lonely with no accessories ...
:confused:

Beast
08-03-2002, 12:26 PM
I don't mind the absense of accessories on some figures. Look what happens when Hasbro tries to toss an accessory in with a figure that shouldn't have one. You get Lott Dod w/ Holo Sidious.

But Palpatine could have came with Holo Dar Wac, his Rodian Assistant. I don't know what you could pack in with Watto, except another Pit Droid. Same with Lott Dod, not much else you can stick in with him. But atleast Watto has a stand. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-03-2002, 12:27 PM
Umm . . . he has a clear base to connect to that makes him look like he's floating! It's just hard to see, but makes him look cool. :)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-03-2002, 12:28 PM
Grr Jar Jar you beat me to it by one minute!

steve3p0
08-03-2002, 12:40 PM
thanks for pointing that out , very cool ! :)

hango fett
08-03-2002, 01:08 PM
he looks pretty good! now where are padme' and ephant mon's pics carded??
h.

LTBasker
08-03-2002, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Same with Lott Dod, not much else you can stick in with him. But atleast Watto has a stand. :)

Well he could've come with a standard set of wings. I'd prefer imagining him flying instead of having to look at mutant Watto. :mad:

Battle Droid
08-03-2002, 01:50 PM
Watto could've come with the Pit Droid head that's he working on, and the tool he hits his foot with.

Beast
08-03-2002, 01:52 PM
I may buy 2 of these, and remove the extra sets of wings, so that he doesn't look like he's flying all the time. I wish Hasbro would have tossed in a second "normal" set of wings, and made them interchangable, or atleast really thin and you could close them up into one solid wing. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

fourtwo
08-03-2002, 01:53 PM
the pit droid head would have been neat, although i'm getting it anyways cause watto is one of my favorite characters. i hope they squeeze him in to Ep III

Jek Porky 2002
08-03-2002, 04:26 PM
I don't ike the multiple wings that are supposed to make him look like he's flying, they just make him look like he's got six wings.

Other wise it's a fantastic figure.

Jargo
08-03-2002, 04:47 PM
So the clear rod is inserted where exactly? Not up his... no - surely not - there :eek: ouch.......

Jek Porky 2002
08-04-2002, 10:47 AM
That's actually a very good question Jargo, where exacty does it go?

Turbowars
08-04-2002, 11:30 AM
It looks like there something missing, but you guys say theres a clear stand. I'll take your word for it. To me it looks like theres a space for the pit droid.

Jek Porky 2002
08-04-2002, 11:33 AM
I thought that to!

LTBasker
08-04-2002, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by turbowars
It looks like there something missing, but you guys say theres a clear stand. I'll take your word for it. To me it looks like theres a space for the pit droid.

There is a clear stand, you have to look closely in the packaging, the tray and the stand blend together very easily.

Jek Porky 2002
08-04-2002, 05:45 PM
Does anyone know if four of the wings are removable?

bigbarada
08-04-2002, 06:10 PM
Interesting figure, crappy multiple, mutant wings. I really hope poor Watto doesn't get shipped with Ephant Mon, any kid with a set of eyes will instantly see what a rip-off he is compared to the awesome, bubble-filling Chevin.

Good question, Jargo, I was kind of wondering the same thing. Looking at the stand closely, though, the rod seems 'L' shaped so I'm thinking it sticks into his back somehow. Of course, we all know what that means, it'll hold Watto up for about five minutes before drooping to the ground.:mad:

Edit: I added a crude comparison shot just to give people an idea of what the store shelves will look like when Ephant Mon and Watto are released.

Jek Porky 2002
08-04-2002, 06:17 PM
Actually I think the stand is designed so that he descreatly sits on it, and I think that its a really nice figure, I don't know why you disagree BB.

1000- I am a man, a jedi master, a big boy!

bigbarada
08-04-2002, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002
Actually I think the stand is designed so that he descreatly sits on it, and I think that its a really nice figure, I don't know why you disagree BB.

1000- I am a man, a jedi master, a big boy!

I actually like the figure, I just wish we were given other options apart from simply plugging him into his stand and sitting him there. Hasbro could have included his chair or, as others have mentioned, the Pit Droid he was working on. With a figure this small they could have included his entire booth.

Jek Porky 2002
08-04-2002, 06:31 PM
Your right in a way, I am dissapointed that they didn't include anything with him, but the actual figure itself is brilliant!

Forhekset
08-04-2002, 06:35 PM
Hm, well I don't care for the multiple wings, but the idea of a clear stand for a hovering effect is cool, and the figure looks good otherwise. But is this just the same Ep. 1 Watto with a vest, beret, and some new wings? If so I think I might just leave this one on the pegs, I've already got one Watto. This one doesn't add a heck of a lot to the character unless it's a new sculpt, and the one from Ep. 1 was pretty good already.

Jek Porky 2002
08-04-2002, 06:39 PM
This one is way more animated than the EpI version, it's also the right colour and looks like its hovering in a way.

Jargo
08-04-2002, 09:49 PM
Check out the feet. This new one has got the feet right in that they actually hang and don't look like hooves. They're hollow like they're made from skin and bone and duck like. He's got a cheekier look to his face which is more Watto like. he's just more like Watto but with crappy wings. If I buy him I'll be shaving off the extra wings and ditching the stand in favour of something less obtrusive. That stand looks a bit chunky to me. I might get a finer rod and support him more horizontally so you don't get the impressio there's a pipe up his bum.