PDA

View Full Version : Carded Image Of Padme CA

SuperBattleDroid88
08-03-2002, 02:38 PM
Carded Image
ENJOY!!!!:)

LTBasker
08-03-2002, 02:41 PM
QUICK DRAW ACTION!?!?!?!?! SHE HAD NO BLASTER!!!!!!!!

The blaster is a good pack-in, but she never even held it in the movie let alone have a quick draw action! If anyone should've had the drawing action for the gun it should've been Typho but fortunately he was Collection 2. They should've left the figure alone and left the gimmick in the pack-in accessory like they did with Chewbacca. :mad: :frus:

fourtwo
08-03-2002, 02:48 PM
haha....you should know it doesn't matter if she had no blaster. the kids need to play with something!

Beast
08-03-2002, 02:49 PM
I'm not suprised, but I'm not to upset by the quick draw feature. In all fairness to Hasbro, the only quick draw feature that has totally sucked was the one on the Arena Padme. Zam's is good, because the arm locks down and they have a miniscule button on the back. Han's isn't quite as good as Zam's but they get away with no obvious button. If it's pulled off like Zam's is, cool...bring her on. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
08-03-2002, 02:52 PM
I knew that she would have quick-draw, from the way she was pictured loose. She's in a limited outfit as it is, so I guess this helps sell the figure.

I need a few pilots for a Naboo hangar scene, so it doesn't detract from my needs.

LTBasker
08-03-2002, 02:57 PM
Zam's quick-draw feature wouldn't of been so bad cause I wouldn't of cared but the thing is that she's not a very interesting figure to everybody and doesn't have a strong chance for a possible selling pilot version like Obi-Wan and them do. So the gimmick ruined possibly the only chance we had for Pilot Zam from her right arm not being articulated like her left.

They ruined Pilot Padme in which she would've been a great Collection 2 figure, and they ruined Zam the same way. The thing is that Pilot Padme and Pilot Jango have no use for them, they never even held a gun in those scenes.

hango fett
08-03-2002, 03:01 PM
they had to give her a frikin' gimmik! why can't we have a good wave of figures that don't have pose-ruinning gimmiks!!! :mad:
it's all about the :greedy: i guess...
h.

Beast
08-03-2002, 03:04 PM
Hango, you get a whole collection of figures that don't have so called "pose-ruining" gimmicks. It's collection 2. I don't think the quick draw feature is going to hurt the figure that much. Zam Wesell is still an excellent figure, regardless of her feature. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hango fett
08-03-2002, 03:09 PM
i guess i can deal with a few more...but thats 2 in a row now! jango S1P and CA padme' .they need better gimmiks. like dookus slash attack thing! that one is a good gimmik!
h.

Hellboy
08-03-2002, 03:11 PM
I dunno I kinda agree with Jar Jar on this, if it's done like Zam's was it shouldn't be that bad. You've got to consider the fact that she isn't going to be a real popular figure with the kiddies if she has no gun. Think of it this way, would you rather have this figure with gun and gimmick or not at all? If it won't sell they won't make it, so if these are the compromises we have to make as collectors to see this figure produced than so be it.:)

fourtwo
08-03-2002, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by hango fett
they had to give her a frikin' gimmik! why can't we have a good wave of figures that don't have pose-ruinning gimmiks!!! :mad:
it's all about the :greedy: i guess...
h.

no, its all about the kids. everyone seems to forget that hasbro makes kids toys. not collector toys.

FKA Broke Collector
08-03-2002, 04:11 PM
Yes, but Hasbro's in the kid's toy biz to make $$$:greedy: :greedy: :greedy: $$$ Because, after all it is called business.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
08-03-2002, 04:50 PM
So this is what we get when we mix a Zam Wessel and a Captain Typho in a blender...

Jek Porky 2002
08-03-2002, 05:01 PM
I just hate that stupid satalite that she comes with.

Chiesa
08-03-2002, 06:09 PM
I think the new Padme looks great... I can't really see what the complains are all about... The sculpt for the Padme looks better than ever or any other Padmes to date... Also the figure looks very very articulated... So what are all the complains abt? Does the quick draw feature matter that much to a point where it just makes a great figure bad?? I don't know but I personally don't think so...

Cheers :D

Jargo
08-03-2002, 06:28 PM
In actual fact hasbro states publicly that they make toys for kids but the demographics point to a different story altogether. 70% of collectors are adults between the ages of 24 and 34.
60% of collectors open all of their toys. Hasbro is barking up the wrong tree. :happy: The gimmicks stink period. I'm not going to harp on but they do. Fact is that a year ago hasbro embarked upon this phase of crappy toy ruining and once the monster got going they couldn't stop it even when they discovered that the buying public weren't happy with the gimmicks and weren't buying as many of the gimmick laden figures as they banked on.
next year expect a lot less gimmicks and resculpts galore as hasbro desperately tries to repair the damage done in this year. A year when they should have been reaping the rewards for countless excellent sculpts. But unfortunately hasbro chiefs decided to completely trash those sculpts with a stupid flash in the pan gimmicks fad. Thanks a frelling bunch Hasbro! :mad: :rolleyes:

DarthBrandon
08-03-2002, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Chiesa
I think the new Padme looks great... I can't really see what the complains are all about... The sculpt for the Padme looks better than ever or any other Padmes to date... Also the figure looks very very articulated... So what are all the complains abt? Does the quick draw feature matter that much to a point where it just makes a great figure bad?? I don't know but I personally don't think so...

I'm with Chiesa on this one; I personally don't find anything wrong with the look of this figure. The quick draw doesn't bother me as long as it's done right, and I'm all for the extra pack-ins for future scenes. When Captain Typho came out there was complaints about him as well, I may have had some too, but when I got him home and opened him, he was just great. He had a good sculpt, removable helmet, gun that attaches to his hilt just like in the movie, and he wasn't scene specific. I think this figure is going to be just fine, so bring it on.:)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-03-2002, 06:42 PM
I'm glad that they didn't give her Typho's body . . . or humongous breasts . . .:crazed:
But really, she has the feminine gold belt on so that's good and movie-realistic. Her face, once again, does not look realistic, so that angers me.:mad: But . . . what is that big honkin' satellite for? So she can get HBO?:eek:

fourtwo
08-03-2002, 07:03 PM
my guess is they want kids to play with the toys, not just cater to the older crowd. lets face it, if figures were like they used to be with POTJ...kids would probably be really bored. what fun is a toy that doesn't do anything. i commend hasbro for making the attempt to get younger kids stoked on star wars toys. a few blunders with play features doesn't bother me, its easy enough to not buy the figure.

LTBasker
08-03-2002, 07:26 PM
I wasn't going to write another post on this subject but I was just wanted to know if people realize that Collection 2 is more directed towards the collectors? That's why I was saying that Padme and Jango should be Collection 2 NOT Collection 1 because they're just for those minor little scenes that I doubt any kid would really give a bantha behind about so why put collector-directed figures into the Collection that's directed towards kids? Alot of kids probably don't even have the Naboo Fighter from 1999 to put Padme with!

Hellboy
08-03-2002, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
I wasn't going to write another post on this subject but I was just wanted to know if people realize that Collection 2 is more directed towards the collectors? That's why I was saying that Padme and Jango should be Collection 2 NOT Collection 1 because they're just for those minor little scenes that I doubt any kid would really give a bantha behind about so why put collector-directed figures into the Collection that's directed towards kids? Alot of kids probably don't even have the Naboo Fighter from 1999 to put Padme with!

I agree that she would be a great canidate for Collection 2 but Hasbro seems to put all the main characters into Collection 1 even if it's from a minor scene in the movie. The only exception to this rule so far that I've noticed is Kit Fisto being put in Coll. 1 and Qui-Gon Jinn being put into Col. 2. :)

thespar
08-03-2002, 11:52 PM
the figure probley would have been better without the gimack but heck i am a card collector so as long as the gimack does not throw off the look of it i don't career.

fourtwo
08-04-2002, 01:28 AM
i didn't realize the collection number had anything to do with who the item was geared towards.
learn something new every day

Jek Porky 2002
08-04-2002, 11:50 AM
What's wrong with her having big breasts? The ones on The Arena Escape version weren't that big!

Turbowars
08-04-2002, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
In actual fact hasbro states publicly that they make toys for kids but the demographics point to a different story altogether. 70% of collectors are adults between the ages of 24 and 34.
60% of collectors open all of their toys. Hasbro is barking up the wrong tree. :happy: The gimmicks stink period. I'm not going to harp on but they do. Fact is that a year ago hasbro embarked upon this phase of crappy toy ruining and once the monster got going they couldn't stop it even when they discovered that the buying public weren't happy with the gimmicks and weren't buying as many of the gimmick laden figures as they banked on.
next year expect a lot less gimmicks and resculpts galore as hasbro desperately tries to repair the damage done in this year. A year when they should have been reaping the rewards for countless excellent sculpts. But unfortunately hasbro chiefs decided to completely trash those sculpts with a stupid flash in the pan gimmicks fad. Thanks a frelling bunch Hasbro! :mad: :rolleyes: Well said Jargo!!! When was the last time you saw a child saying to their mom or dad. I want a StarWars toy? Every time I'm at a store the kids pass up the SW crap, which is in front of the enterence and run straight for legos or Spy kids. These toys are for the adult collector, but Hasblow is trying to get kids to like them with the gimmicks. I know many of you complained about Palatine not coming with any accessories, well so far he's one of my favorites. He looks great standing there alone. Very clean looking. I wish all the figures came like that. In fact I wish Hasblow would have never went to the huge new bubble. That way they couldn't pile the bubbles up with crap.

Beast
08-04-2002, 12:23 PM
When was the last time I saw a child saying they wanted a Star Wars toy, why that was the last time I was at Wal-Mart. I see alot of kids in the area running around clutching Star Wars figures and making lightsaber noises. Star Wars needs new blood in the hobby, or it will wither and die. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Chiesa
08-04-2002, 12:37 PM
Yea... The fact is that SW is still very popular with kids... I went to TRU and saw many of them asking their parents to get them SW toys does say alot... :)

Jek Porky 2002
08-04-2002, 12:42 PM
I t is still very popular, when I'm in Toys R Us I have to keep telling myself that it IS actually a toy shop because the amount of kids running around makes me want to scream.

Lt Kettch
08-04-2002, 03:00 PM
If the arm is like Zam's or Han's (w/o han's unneccesary rotation) i'll dig it, i just can't believe they found this necessary

PS i like the articulated knees.

Darth forb1us
08-04-2002, 03:11 PM
I like it, and if you can lock the arm down like I did with Han's it will be nice ( i twisted his waist to the left, and locked brought down his arm, then it clicked, and is locked in now. I could set it back, but i put him and the new chewie together and they look pretty cool the way I have them set )
As long as it can be set, or not stupid looking when not set, I do not mind at all. The figure looks nice and I will be getting one for the card and one for the shelf.

Jargo
08-04-2002, 10:32 PM
I don't quite see why Padme got knees and Typho didn't. What's so special about Padme that she needs knees and a quick draw gimmick? She doesn't need knees to fit in the N1fighter that's for sure. Those knees were going spare obviously so they just shoved them on any old figure. Let's think, which figure would have perhaps needed knees to recreate a scene, but didn't get knees.......

Obi-Wan coruscant chase
any other Jedi figure
Count Dooku
The Nexu (much as I love the electronics knees would have been better)
Chewbacca bespin
Endor rebel soldier
Djas Puhr

All more deserving of knees and yet deprived of them by a Padme who we saw fleetlingly in her pilot outfit and who doesn't need them unless Hasbro throw out a dead Amidala disguise Dorme figure.
Captain Typho manages perfectly well without a quickfire gimmick so why does Padme need one? What exactly is the justification behind these designs? Who apportions the quota of gimmicks per wave and how exactly do they reach the decision on which superior sculpt to ruin ? Enquiring minds want to know Hasbro.

JEDIpartner
08-05-2002, 12:18 PM
Summing up my thoughts on the figure:

- I don't think the figure is that bad.
- The gimmick looks like it might be like Zam's, which also wasn't that bad.
- Kids DO still buy STAR WARS toys here in Ohio.
- Who says they won't make (it's actually Corde who dies at the start of the film) either Corde or Dorme?
- I'm looking forward to this figure and the "corrected" white outfit one
- To all those who keep calling that pack-in a "Satellite"... a satellite orbits a planet/moon/star- a satellite DISH sends and recieves signals. She is packed in with a satellite DISH. Did you mot learn ANYTHING in pre-school? :rolleyes: :D

Jargo
08-05-2002, 02:26 PM
Actually I think the correct name for it is rectenna. :)

JEDIpartner
08-05-2002, 04:06 PM
in certain parts of the world, yes... in other parts of the world, it's a BSD (Broadcast Satellite Dish).

Oh, and here's your daily hug!
{{{{{JARGO}}}}} :D

Jargo
08-05-2002, 04:49 PM
Rectenna? Damn near kille.... oh.................. :( How'dyer know it's a broadcasting dish hmmmmmmm??????????? :p

thespar
08-05-2002, 04:59 PM
she will just end up with the rest on my collection in a box with other sw figures still moc.

The True Maul
08-05-2002, 09:23 PM
She looks like a good figure but she'll be in my collection any way I hope this ones gimmick is better on the Arena battle one. :)