PDA

View Full Version : Carded Image - Ephant Mon

KingOfSting
08-04-2002, 12:50 AM
Here's a picture of Ephant Mon, carded! Credit goes to Deathstarplans for the pic http://www.rinaldesign.com/stuff/ephantmon.jpg

Forhekset
08-04-2002, 12:58 AM
Boy, he sure fills up that bubble doesn't he. Awesome looking fig.

Chiesa
08-04-2002, 01:40 AM
:D

Ephant just looks great... Can't wait to get my hands on 'em... :D He looks really huge and the sculpt is really great!!

Cheers :D

SaeseeTiin
08-04-2002, 02:01 AM
:eek:
What can I say but... WOW.
I may be wrong but from the mouth it looks like it may be able to open and shut...
This is a great figure in my eyes, a figure that's long overdue.
Superb.

STiin

DarthBrandon
08-04-2002, 02:14 AM
Looks to be good for a background filler in dioramas.

Beast
08-04-2002, 02:23 AM
Wow, now arn't we glad Hasbro decided to go with these bigger bubbles. This figure would normally have been a deluxe figure. And yes Saesee, the mouth is articulated. That has been known for a while, ever since the design sketched went up on StarWars.Hasbro.Com. Can't wait to get one of these guys, maybe two. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rogue II
08-04-2002, 06:25 AM
I didn't realize he was going to be THAT big. Did Hasbro design the Saga Bubbles specifically for him?

I can't wait to get him.

Jargo
08-04-2002, 06:42 AM
Quite honestly, for those of us who are more into the original trilogy of movies this is the best figure ever surely? Looks like no compromise has been made on the detail or paint deco. Truly awesome. IMO the best figure this year. Humongous!! bet he weighs a fair amount too and I thought Dexter weighed in as a fatso. Remind me to get that pre-order for this in later :D

Jek Porky 2002
08-04-2002, 08:52 AM
Wonderfull, he's the right size, looks like he should, and he's the right colour, oh yeah and it looks like there's no gimicks, what more could we ask for!

Old Fossil
08-04-2002, 09:50 AM
Goodness. This figure will weigh more than the Special Edition Jabba figure.

Jek Porky 2002
08-04-2002, 10:02 AM
It's better than it being hollow.

bigbarada
08-04-2002, 10:20 AM
Jeepers, that thing is huuuuge!! What an awesome looking figure! For only $4.77!! Jargo's right, this IS the best Star Wars figure ever.

And to think, he was almost a Twi'lek Masseuse.;)

Jek Porky 2002
08-04-2002, 10:26 AM
Oh yeah, I was forgetting he is a fan's choice figure.

I have to agree with you BB, he is the best figure ever!

hango fett
08-04-2002, 10:46 AM
very cool! he is the biggest figure i have ever seen for the 3 3/4 line!!!
h.

Turbowars
08-04-2002, 11:45 AM
OK JarJarBinks, yes I'm happy that Hasblow went with the new huge bubble, but they could of just used this huge bubble for Dex and this awsome figure of all time. This figure is FN awsome.

jonboy
08-04-2002, 12:56 PM
What can you say, Hasbro pulled off a great figure. He will be at the top of my list to buy when he comes out.

AmanaMatt
08-04-2002, 02:41 PM
Ephant Mon, IMO, is the best figure of the year....possibly in the whole line. What an awsome looking figure! Huge and he still comes with accessories. He looks like he could eat my Amanaman!

Darth forb1us
08-04-2002, 04:07 PM
NICE! truely a great sculpt, I dunno if they couldve made that any better :D
definately a 2x on this guy, moc (of course) and just gotta open a second one :D

mabudonicus
08-04-2002, 04:26 PM
Ahhh yesss...... it appears the giant does listen occaisionally, cause seeing that, I was like "Wooooooooo!!!!", and I don't even say stuff like that:)...
Yes, the lack of gimmicks is one of the nicest features- kinda killed Ketwol with em. I have been drooling since I saw the first prototypes, it's good to know that it wasn't some crazy dream......

ishi tib
08-04-2002, 04:44 PM
Wow, this guy's the shiznit. Best figure yet by a landslide!

SuperBattleDroid88
08-04-2002, 05:37 PM
I can't beleve it!!!!!!!!! Nobody is complaining about it!!!!!!! Usually people complain about something when they first see the pics of it but this could be the perfect figure!!!!!!!!! I never thought I'd see a figure that had no complaints on it!!!!

Oh Yeah! By the way..................

IT'S AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crazed:

Jek Porky 2002
08-04-2002, 05:42 PM
Of course no one is complaining, it looks exactlt like it does in the movie and does exactly what it's supposed to do, stand there!

Forhekset
08-04-2002, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by SuperBattleDroid88
I can't beleve it!!!!!!!!! Nobody is complaining about it!!!!!!! Usually people complain about something when they first see the pics of it but this could be the perfect figure!!!!!!!!! I never thought I'd see a figure that had no complaints on it!!!!

Oh Yeah! By the way..................

IT'S AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crazed:

Yeah, of course there are no complaints - HASBRO DIDN'T DO ANYTHING TO $#!@* THIS FIGURE UP. Sorry for the caps, just wanted to emphasize that little point. :)

bigbarada
08-04-2002, 06:37 PM
Knowing that someone will pipe in here to complain just to be contrary. Here are all the anticipated answers to the possible questions:

1. Yes, he just sits there
2. Nope, he just sits there
3. Because he just sits there..... and he's huge!
4. In Jabba's palace in ROTJ, he was between two Gamorrean's when Jabba caught Leia trying to rescue Han.

The questions were:

1. So, does he just sit there?
2. Does he do anything other than just sit there?
3. Why does everyone think he is so great?
4. What movie was he in? And where was he?
;)

Possible complaints not in the form of a question.

1. He had no screen time!
2. What a waste of a Fan Choice Poll!
3. He's ugly!
4. I can't believe people voted for this over R1 or General Rieekan!
5. He should have come packed with Bubo! (where would they put him?)
6. He looks like an Elephant!

Now that I have stolen the wind from the complainers' sails, let's see if they can come up with something we haven't heard before.:p

Lord Tenebrous
08-04-2002, 06:56 PM
Oh, there'll still be complaints, ranging from casual (his bubble is so big, it's hard to find one mint), to absurd (he's a racist caricature of [enter group here]). Or maybe there'll be a few complaining that his head's so big, you can't see his hulking torso like on the initial drawing.

Or not, because it's a nice figure. You can pretty much create any sort of adventure for him, except we don't have a Jabba to wrap around him...yet. I'll get two, Ephant Mon and a customized Ephant Ma'am....

See? I ramble when I'm stoked.

Rogue II
08-04-2002, 09:04 PM
You are right Lord T. Star Wars fans are never completely satisfied.

So for Ephant Ma'am, are you going to put lipstick and a wig on her?

Jargo
08-04-2002, 09:12 PM
Well here's a complaint that you missed BB -

He should have had a cloth robe, his head is molded onto his hood and the dangly bits turn when he turns his head and looks dumb like that.

Or
What's with the dagger, he never used it in the movie why does he need it?

Or
How come something this big can cost the same as piffling little R2 or Yoda and yet be made from six times the amount of plastic? I've been ripped off on my R2 and Yoda!!!!

Or
This was released yesterday and I bought it and now it's pegwarming and clogging up the pegs and when's the next wave due out?

Or
My Ephant Mon has a wonky leg is this a variant or what because if it isn't I'm taking it back and getting a refund.

Or
why does it need a working mouth, if no other character has a working mouth then why this one and not the others? I demand a resculpt of every character with a working mouth!!!

Did I find some you didn't anticipate :)

Lord Tenebrous
08-04-2002, 09:30 PM
The plan for Ephant Ma'am recalls the Hippo Ballerina (Hyacinth) in the original Fantasia. Only with pants. :p

boss nass
08-04-2002, 09:32 PM
No complaints from me this guy rules!!!Almost good enough to create an Ephont Mon army :)

thespar
08-04-2002, 10:30 PM
looks like this might make for the tusken raider and massiff issue.

Prince Xizor
08-04-2002, 11:02 PM
Awesome Figure...

Is there a release date for it yet?

bigbarada
08-04-2002, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
Well here's a complaint that you missed BB -

He should have had a cloth robe, his head is molded onto his hood and the dangly bits turn when he turns his head and looks dumb like that.

Or
What's with the dagger, he never used it in the movie why does he need it?

Or
How come something this big can cost the same as piffling little R2 or Yoda and yet be made from six times the amount of plastic? I've been ripped off on my R2 and Yoda!!!!

Or
This was released yesterday and I bought it and now it's pegwarming and clogging up the pegs and when's the next wave due out?

Or
My Ephant Mon has a wonky leg is this a variant or what because if it isn't I'm taking it back and getting a refund.

Or
why does it need a working mouth, if no other character has a working mouth then why this one and not the others? I demand a resculpt of every character with a working mouth!!!

Did I find some you didn't anticipate :)

I'm not worthy!:crazed:

This might be the first thread on SSG where the people who love the toy are more ruthless than the ones who hate it (if any exist).:D

fourtwo
08-05-2002, 12:51 AM
my goodness...i went through all 3 pages...not one complaint....

*pinches self*

am i dreaming? is this really the SSG forums?
hehehe
sorry

sweet looking figure, its huge!
i'll buy that. :)

LTBasker
08-05-2002, 03:25 AM
Other complaints:

Why create another background figure? We need sleepy time Amidala!

Should've been R5-D4.

Why wasn't Dexter this big?!?!?!

I bet he's gonna flip you off too just like Dexter.

Mine won't stand up due to the weight of the mouth and I don't want to tackle that tape to get the cane out to prop him up.

I'll never find this...

He should've had removeable pants like Ketwol!

Just had to add to it. :D

Personally I have no complaints about this, it's a great figure. It's a shame other figures can't be of this quality. They must've done the stuff for this figure after the monkeys got off work. ;)

Beast
08-05-2002, 03:30 AM
I'm sure someone will come forward with some serious complaints. Remember when Ephant Mon won there were a few people complaining on the forums that they didn't get Even Piell, General Rieekan, R1-G4, or the Twi'lek Masseuse instead. :rolleyes: :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
08-05-2002, 03:51 AM
I voted for the Twi'lek Masseuse. :(

hango fett
08-05-2002, 07:32 AM
i didn't even vote! as long as we get new figures, i'm fine!
h.

Jek Porky 2002
08-05-2002, 03:04 PM
I voted for Even Piell and was really ****ed off when Ephant Mon one, but I've completely changed my mind now!

thespar
08-05-2002, 03:18 PM
do not feel bad hango did not remeber voting in this one either but i did it was for even peill in he was the jedi.

evenflow
08-05-2002, 03:54 PM
He looks awesome. I can't wait to get my hands on him.

hango fett
08-05-2002, 03:56 PM
good job, thespar! i want more jedi!
h.

thespar
08-05-2002, 04:01 PM
so far in all fan choice it there has been a jedi to vote for he got my vote i will like the have the whole jedi concuil.

Jonna
08-05-2002, 04:04 PM
Holy Cr@9! That's Brilliant!!!

The True Maul
08-05-2002, 08:25 PM
More Jedi would be great, and this figure is awesome!! :)

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-05-2002, 10:40 PM
This was a fan's choice figure right?

Well don't blame me, I voted for Kodos (gets cracked by a whip in the back).

Anyway, the figure looks awesome. Hasbro has done pretty well on the fan's choice stuff so far. Look forward to seeing this guy. Hopefully Hasbro will produce enough of him where he won't be so hard to find. I can tell he will be a well sought out figure.

I can forsee a possible complaint from this fig . . . He reminds me too much of my ex-wife.

Old Fossil
08-06-2002, 12:29 AM
Man, I feel for you, LBC. I had a girlfriend once who reminded me of Dr. Evazan at times, but hers was purely an emotional likeness. ("My dad doesn't like you.... I don't like you either.")

Well, mostly emotional.

plo koon 200
08-06-2002, 01:37 PM
I told you guys he was huge. I have seen it in persona dn I have been trying to tell you he is awesome. Just wait till you see him in person because he looks even better.

By the way I voted for R1 and I am glad that Ephant won instead. But it would be nce to have a R1 droid just to complete the R() or astromech units.

P.S. why did the fourth fan choice have crap to vote for and why did the third have all the best figures to choose from. There should be a balance in the fan choice polls.

Forhekset
08-06-2002, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by plo koon 200
I told you guys he was huge. I have seen it in persona dn I have been trying to tell you he is awesome. Just wait till you see him in person because he looks even better.

By the way I voted for R1 and I am glad that Ephant won instead. But it would be nce to have a R1 droid just to complete the R() or astromech units.

P.S. why did the fourth fan choice have crap to vote for and why did the third have all the best figures to choose from. There should be a balance in the fan choice polls.

The only option I really disliked from this last poll was that Rebel in Scout Trooper disguise. What a crappy, worthless choice that guy was.

Jek Porky 2002
08-06-2002, 04:04 PM
I thought the Stormtrooper that won was a crappy idea aswell, and I'm very anti-EU so the other two weren't my favorate choices either.

If they could put
Yareal Poof
Even Piel
R1 Unit
Ann And Tann Gella

and someone like Yarna D'al Gargan in there, then it would be a great poll!

JetsAndHeels
08-06-2002, 06:06 PM
Wow, this is a really great looking figure. That bubble is just about completely filled. I am very impressed with this. Can't wait to get it.

Adam
08-06-2002, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner

Well don't blame me, I voted for Kodos (gets cracked by a whip in the back).

Gotta love those random Simpson's quotes. :D

bigbarada
08-06-2002, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Forhekset

The only option I really disliked from this last poll was that Rebel in Scout Trooper disguise. What a crappy, worthless choice that guy was.

Hey! I voted for that crappy, worthless choice! :) Actually that was before 1) I saw the picture and realized Hasbro had the wrong Rebel, if they had shown a pic of the blonde bearded guy I think he would have gotten more votes; AND 2) Hasbro announced that this figure would NOT come with a removable helmet, when I read that I wanted to take back my vote and pick the Dignitary.

Oh well, so far the Sketchtrooper is the only fan choice figure I don't plan to buy, what a waste he is.

None of that matters though since Ephant Mon is coming!:cool:

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-06-2002, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Twodot Tatooine
Man, I feel for you, LBC. I had a girlfriend once who reminded me of Dr. Evazan at times, but hers was purely an emotional likeness. ("My dad doesn't like you.... I don't like you either.")

Well, mostly emotional.

Twodot, I was just kidding about the ex-wife part. I've never been married yet! People were forseeing possible complaints for this figure and this was one I added. I cross my fingers though, waiting for the girl of my dreams to change this lonely life (I wanna know what love is . . .)

Originally posted by Adam
Gotta love those random Simpson's quotes.

Yes, without those random quotes most of my post's would be quite lame. :D

AdmiralPiett
08-06-2002, 11:19 PM
Thank you Steve Perry!

And thank YOU Hasbro for this wonderful Ephant Mon fig. For a while I was thinking about using my TMNT Leatherhead in my Jabba diorama to take Ephant's place! :)
Piett

Old Fossil
08-06-2002, 11:39 PM
Ha! Best of luck in that dept., LBC. May you find a wife as indulging as mine! ("Oh, you need another Clonetrooper, don't you? You should buy it. No, I mean it. Buy it. I'll buy it for you. But you NEED that figure, honey! C'mon, how much is it? Here, let me see how much I've got here...no, I don't really need this eye-liner...")

AdmiralPiett
08-07-2002, 12:14 AM
Did I say Steve Perry? I meant Lou Gramm. Sorry, I get Foreigner and Journey mixed up more than I should.
Piett

Punch-The-Clown
08-07-2002, 01:43 AM
when can we get ephant mon he looks awesome!

Beast
08-07-2002, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Punch-The-Clown
when can we get ephant mon he looks awesome!
According to Hasbro's website, October/November. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
08-07-2002, 05:54 AM
Too long to wait. We need him NOOOOOOOOWW!!!!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-07-2002, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by AdmiralPiett
Did I say Steve Perry? I meant Lou Gramm. Sorry, I get Foreigner and Journey mixed up more than I should.
Piett

Good catch Piett.

Easy to confuse them. Both of those bands come from the same era, both play a similar style of music. Now I can't get that Foreigner song out of my head.

Twodot, your wife sounds like my mother. She is always offering to buy me Star Wars stuff when I am short on cash. She offers to buy it without me paying her back but being the gentleman, I usually (not always) refuse. Feel ashamed that she is supporting my habit but glad to know that she's always there to help out with a buck or two.

:happy:

RooJay
08-07-2002, 10:40 PM
Say what you will about Hasbro (and admittedly, there is a lot I will say about them lately!), but you have to give them props for releasing such a huge (and freakin' cool!) figure as part of the regular Saga collection! If he'd been released as recent as the first quarter of this year, he'd have been called a deluxe and would've cost us $14.99! Good work Hasbro!