PDA

View Full Version : So this is it?

The Bald Ewok
10-17-2001, 10:28 AM
So is this pretty much it for this year in terms of new figures? I mean the deluxe leia and bacta luke are on the horizion. And so is the FX7, imperial officer, mon montha. anaman and rebel fleet trooper, but after that there isnt thing else to look forward too? Nothing else rumored to be out. If I am not wrong, early this summer we had a lot to look forward to being released plus there was a list for upcoming figures. Now we have reached on whats left on the list but nothing else to look forward too.

Rollo Tomassi
10-17-2001, 10:34 AM
Nice signature line.

What are you complaining about? We've only got two months left to go in the year and you've still got the deluxe figures coming. Be happy...

JediCole
10-17-2001, 01:00 PM
I think the real concern may be what is next for the POTJ line? With the advent of EII, will Hasbro simply let POTJ fall out of sight right when it was really picking up steam? However, other characters such as BoShek, Teebo, and R5-D4 have been rumored and are amoung those that we have yet to see images of in any form (prototypes, wax sculpts, paint masters, etc.). Every figure mentioned in the opening of this thread has at least been SEEN in some type of image somewhere. Has anyone seen anything from the network of Bothan spies about the next, next wave I've mentioned?
But then it does still beg the question, what will follow those? Or are we to be strangled with EII figures for the first three quarters of 2002?

Lobito
10-17-2001, 02:20 PM
Lets see:

Amanaman
Zutton
Rebel Fleet Trooper
Imperial Officer
FX-7
Luke Bacta Tank
Shirtless Darth Maul
Slave Leia with Sail barge cannon
Bo-shek
Teebo
Ephant mon

Plus:

Snowspeeder battle damaged
AT-ST

I'm not sure if there are more...but i think thats the last toys the POTJ line will ship b4 the Episode II toys come out.

Mandalorian Candidat
10-17-2001, 07:24 PM
I'm kind of glad that there aren't a whole glut of figures coming out in the immediate future (next month or two). The past couple of waves have taken a big hit on my Visa card. It could use a rest.

I'm ready for the EP2 figures now. Can't wait to get a Jango Fett or a Mandalorian Warrior.

Lobito
10-17-2001, 08:27 PM
Yep, i forgot we have to add to that list the SW25TH anniversary two packs.:)

bigbarada
10-17-2001, 08:33 PM
How many here actually foresee the Classic Line continuing on through Ep3 or ROTJ's 25th anniversary in 2008? Hasbro has already claimed that collectors are most of it's business and is now considering this a collector driven line. Which can only mean that the end is near. :( I give it one, maybe two years tops before the shelves are cleared of all "neo-classic" figures and the line once again fades into the history books.:(

Lobito
10-17-2001, 08:41 PM
It will all depend on the succes the EPII and EPIII toys have...also it will depend in the movies...maybe after the first 6 chapters are done, there will still be more SW in different forms, i can put for example a SOTE movie...or something like that...

yukface27
10-17-2001, 08:57 PM
Jez, I still want the Pit Droid two-pack. Snaggletooth is going to be awesome and the deluxe figures seem pretty cool. I want the FX-7 to make up for that useless piece of plastic which is the 2-1B Medical Droid. But, it seems a lot of collectors ***** a lot. Hey, I'm happy! I still want a lot of figures that I've missed up on (Pit Droids). I'm a "Open 'Em Up" collector. I can't stand them sitting on my shelves in the box. I had the Jedi Spirits Cinema Scene sitting on my shelf for a year. The earthquake that hit us (up in WA) knocked them down and gave me an excuse to open them up. So, if your a box 'em up or open 'em up, be happy. Some is better than none.

yukface27@hotmail.com

The Bald Ewok
10-17-2001, 10:59 PM
Dont get me wrong...I am very happy to have what figures that I do have. I am just concerned like BigBarada had said, that we have maybe reached a possible end. I mean when you think about it...how many times are we going to keep buying a resculpt han, luke, leia and vader? Eventually we will go tired of them. I am afraid that we are reaching the end of the classic trilogy. The prequals are fine and everything, but they will never replace the orginal trilogy.

PS thanks rollo!

evenflow
10-18-2001, 10:56 AM
Guys, i think we are all getting a little paranoid. I think that the classic line will last until at least Episode III. I don't think until the 25th anniversary of ROTJ though. Don't worry though we got time still. :)