PDA

View Full Version : Target exclusive Death Star Accessory Pack. Why is the Mouse droid so HUGE???

Turbowars
08-04-2002, 10:54 AM
Ok, for those of you that have found the Target accessory packs, Hasblow decided to double the size of the Mouse droid. My guess is so it was easier to make the motorized feature. To me it looks like a 12" figure. Other than that the pack is cool.

Jek Porky 2002
08-04-2002, 11:01 AM
Have you got any pictures?

I hate it when they double the size of things to make them motorized.

Turbowars
08-04-2002, 11:22 AM
Sorry for the bad pic, but as you can see the droid is much bigger than the one that came with the POTF2 Death Star droid

Jek Porky 2002
08-04-2002, 11:24 AM
Crickey, that thing's huge!

Nexu
08-04-2002, 12:12 PM
that's terrible.

Lord Tenebrous
08-04-2002, 12:23 PM
Just like the buttons and levers on the Saga figures, the droid is only bigger to accomodate its action feature.

But you could always glue the rack to him and make him a rifle courier droid. :)

Forhekset
08-04-2002, 01:37 PM
Yeah, that mouse droid is so big they could almost put it on a card by itself. On the topic of the accessory packs though, I just found all 4 today and I love those things. The best has to be the Endor pack - trenchcoat for Han, helmet drumset, drumsticks, non-gummy plastic detonators, it just all rules. The only way they could have made it better is if the Scout Trooper it comes with would have been the "clean" version, but that's just a minor gripe, really.

Side note: I also found the 4 Action Fleet packs, as well as all of the new Masters of the Universe stuff. Needless to say, I needed a shopping cart to haul all of my toys to the register. It was a good day for toy hunting. :D

Jek Porky 2002
08-04-2002, 05:56 PM
You could sit the trooper on that.

LTBasker
08-04-2002, 06:00 PM
The mouse droid size doesn't matter to me, more bang for the buck. Who's to say there weren't bigger versions that would go on battle field searches or for the bigger bases?

Jek Porky 2002
08-04-2002, 06:04 PM
There could have been, but this one is supposed to be the one we see.

Forhekset
08-04-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002
You could sit the trooper on that.

That's a pretty funny idea, Jek Porky. Some Death Star Trooper taking a joyride on a huge mousedroid around the DS, until he rounds a tight corner and bumps into Vader...then the fun's over. :sur:

Jek Porky 2002
08-04-2002, 06:41 PM
Or he could try and turn around in a narrow corredor and end up in the same situation as Austin Powers did in International Man Of Mystery.

Forhekset
08-04-2002, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002
Or he could try and turn around in a narrow corredor and end up in the same situation as Austin Powers did in International Man Of Mystery.

Heh, that was one of the funniest scenes from that movie. I didn't even want to see it, but my girlfriend at the time (whose favorite actor happens to be Mike Myers) dragged me to it. Somebody needs to make one of those action figure movies featuring the goofy-looking DST riding a huge mouse droid, stuck in a narrow corridor. That's a hilarious mental picture. :D

hango fett
08-04-2002, 07:17 PM
wow! i don't think mace can fit that one up his nose ;)
h.

JEDIpartner
08-04-2002, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by hango fett
wow! i don't think mace can fit that one up his nose ;)
h.

Ooooooh... that wasn't very nice.

Darth Sidious
08-04-2002, 10:21 PM
When I get that set that thing is officially becoming Palpy's skateboard. After a long, hard day of sniffing, that is. :D

Mandalorian Candidat
08-04-2002, 11:31 PM
I think they made it too large so Tycho couldn't get it up his schnozz. :D

Sean the Hutt
08-05-2002, 12:20 AM
you have it all wrong..it's the dreaded imperial Ratbot. Larger than the mousebot, the ratbot can be found near the garbage mashers.....seriously it is lame but the packs are cool otherwise.

billfremore
08-05-2002, 12:42 AM
Isn't this the same mouse droid that was packed in with R4-M9?

Was it always this big?

Will it fit on the end of Tycho's nose? (see here (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5280&highlight=sniffing+mouse+droid) for an explanation)

hango fett
08-05-2002, 07:42 AM
i was just kidding, JEDIpartnr........i like to kid...sometimes..
h.

JEDIpartner
08-05-2002, 01:24 PM
Perhaps this is like the "Sylvester & Son" giant mouse version of the mouse droid!

"Look, Ffffattttthhhhher! A Giant Mousthhhhhhhhh!!!"

OC47150
08-05-2002, 04:02 PM
Much to my surprise, my Target had one of these sets for sale Saturday, and I bought it. (I was actually looking for something totally non-SW that day, and this Target had already changed the toy department over for Christmas.)

Yes, the mouse droid is bigger than previous mouse droids but I'm more interested in the DS trooper figure. It's a reissue of the figure from '98, by the way.

And the interrogator droid is bigger than the one that came with the comchip Vader too!!

Turbowars
08-05-2002, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by billfremore
Isn't this the same mouse droid that was packed in with R4-M9?

Was it always this big?

Will it fit on the end of Tycho's nose? (see here (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5280&highlight=sniffing+mouse+droid) for an explanation) No it is about 3 x bigger than the one that came with R4-M9 and no, it was not always this huge.I'm nosure about fitting on the nd of Tycho's nose? LOL

Forhekset
08-05-2002, 09:21 PM
One more little offtopic sidenote about these accessory packs - I went back to Target today after work to see if I could pick up another set for a friend of mine, and to my dismay some guy had 1 of each in his hands by the time I got to the SW aisle - the only ones they had left. Oh well, I can always go back this weekend, so I'm walking away and looking at the action fleet ships (picked up a Millenium Falcon by the way - cool toy) and I was sort of leaving the aisle and I noticed the guy stuffing the accessory sets he had behind some Castle Grayskulls on a bottom shelf. I was halfway out of the aisle so I suppose he didn't think anyone saw him as I was the only other person around.

Hmm, I thought to myself, hiding those for later eh? Well, the guy walked back down towards the Action Fleet stuff where I had been and started looking through those, so I walked down to the Masters of the Universe stuff and knelt down to check out a Castle Grayskull. Of course, I grabbed the accessory sets right out from where the guy had hidden them with a loud "Yoink!" (yeah, just like they say on the Simpsons). The guy noticed me and started walking towards me, but didn't say anything. I think he really wanted to, but he was being a sneaky bugger and trying to hide toys anyway, so I think maybe his pride got to him or something, and that's why he kept his mouth closed. At any rate...I also picked up a Transformers Starscream for good measure.

Adam
08-06-2002, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Forhekset
Of course, I grabbed the accessory sets right out from where the guy had hidden them with a loud "Yoink!"
LOL
This had me laughing really hard for some reason ..:crazed: :

CrunchyNug
08-06-2002, 02:02 AM
Any one remeber Penny Racers? I think this new mouse droid was an old Penny Racer mold that Takara never produced for their Star Wars line - minus the slot for the coin of course. He sure doesn't smell as nice an R4-M9's mouse...Any one been able to make him do a wheelie yet?

Forhekset
08-06-2002, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by CrunchyNug
Any one remeber Penny Racers? I think this new mouse droid was an old Penny Racer mold that Takara never produced for their Star Wars line - minus the slot for the coin of course. He sure doesn't smell as nice an R4-M9's mouse...Any one been able to make him do a wheelie yet?

Haha! That's exactly what I was thinking of when I first got the mouse droid out of the package - Penny Racers! I still have a bunch of mine, actually. I was thinking, I have Penny Racers smaller than this dang droid, and they worked (albeit with a penny stuck in the back) - couldn't Hasbro have made this droid a wee bit smaller? It's still cool though. :)

Rogue II
08-06-2002, 08:32 AM
An now a scene from the play "Little Red Riding Hood"
Cast
Little Red - Fan boy collector
Big Bad Wolf - Hasbro's Star Wars line VP.

Little Red Riding Hood: Why are your eyes so big?

Big Bad Wolf: The better to see you with.

LRRH: And Grandma, why is your mouse droid so big?

Big Bad Wolf: The better to....hey, I don't know. I guess we didn't have to give it some sort of gimmick. Then we wouldn't need to house the pull back motor thingy. That would have made the whole thing a lot smaller. That would have saved us the money for designing all that when we could have used the same mouse droid that was packed in with R4-M9 and the Death Star Droid. Oh well, guess we goofed that one.

JEDIpartner
08-07-2002, 02:26 PM
With the addition of the motor... Tycho can stick this baby up his nose and give it a good cleaning! Vrooom vrooom!!! :crazed: ;)

Beast
08-07-2002, 02:29 PM
JEDIpartnr, no giving Tycho ideas. You know how easily led he is. ;) :D I don't mind the size of the Mouse Droid, just consider it a EU Rat Droid, like was mentioned before. The other ones were to large also, so making it even larger doesn't solve the scale problem. I used one of the small Mouse Droids from the Micro Machines Droids set for my dioramas. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
08-07-2002, 03:25 PM
Easily led? Do you think he could be led to buying up all those Jedi Dexes clogging the pegs?

Rogue II
08-09-2002, 07:44 PM
Ok, everyone is talking about the MDOUS (Mouse Droid of Unusual Size). Has anyone notice how big the interrogation droid is? It is twice the size of the one that came with Commtech Vader. I suppose this new Interrogation droid is for when you need some serious information.

Beast
08-09-2002, 07:49 PM
Well, the small IT-O droid didn't work on Leia. So this must be the EU Industrial Model. The motto of the Imperial Navy, "Bigger is Better." After all, look at their Super Star Destroyer. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hango fett
08-09-2002, 07:54 PM
i wish i had any of these to see the thing in real life!
YF