PDA

View Full Version : owen lars

hayden's_hunnie
08-04-2002, 11:55 AM
ok, in AotC, threepio, was living with owen, clieeg, beru, and shmi, so when owen buys threepio in ANH how come he doesnt recongnise him, or at least think he is fammilia, i mean how can you forget him!

Beast
08-04-2002, 12:17 PM
Been discussed before. Basically the consensus is that droids are quite commen in the Star Wars universe. C-3PO was also a different color from his apperance in AOTC's. C-3PO's voice is probably also quite commen, I am sure that they have a few variations such as the female voice that TC-14.

Droids are considered by most people, just as possessions. Tell me if you would be able to pick out a toaster that used to be in your house 20 years ago, out of a room of similar toasters. Besides, if Owen did recognize hm, it's obvous from how C-3PO acts that he doesn't remember Tatooine. So there is no reason for Owen to act like he recognizes him.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jek Porky 2002
08-04-2002, 12:22 PM
I'm so slow, I've never thought of that before. By the way, I've been looking at my Visual Dictionary and found that it was shmi that finished 3PO, just thought I'd put that for anyone that doesn't know.

Pendo
08-04-2002, 12:43 PM
When 3PO and Owen meet in ANH, 3PO doesn't actually tell him his name so even if if Lars would remember the name he doesn't know that it is really 3PO.

PENDO!

hayden's_hunnie
08-04-2002, 02:12 PM
jek porky, what is the site name for the star wars dictionary, i have been looking for it everywhere!
oh yer only arrived about the name thing

TIE Pilot
08-04-2002, 05:21 PM
When 3PO and Owen meet in ANH, 3PO doesn't actually tell him his name so even if if Lars would remember the name he doesn't know that it is really 3PO.

Umm.. I haven't seen the movie for a while, but doesn't C-3PO introduce himself to Owen?

"I am C-3PO, human/cyborg relations. My facilities..etc etc"

Jek Porky 2002
08-04-2002, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by hayden's_hunnie
jek porky, what is the site name for the star wars dictionary, i have been looking for it everywhere!
oh yer only arrived about the name thing

I don't know if there's a site specifically for the VD, but you can try www.dk.com they are the people who make the books.