PDA

View Full Version : Whats The Worst POTF Figure?

GNT
08-17-2001, 06:19 AM
Based on an old mighty thread of mine Whats The Worst POTF Figure?
(http://209.197.112.151/thread.html?dom=ss&TID=16&PID=1156)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are heaps of bad figures out there that you think,how they hell did they get made???

One of these Figures is R5-D4 with Firing Missile!

and R2 with Launching Lightsaber was pretty bad!

What is the Worst POTF Figure made?

evenflow
08-17-2001, 07:49 AM
R5-D4
"Monkey face" Leia

bigbarada
08-17-2001, 12:53 PM
All Han Solos before the COMMTECH Han.

Darth Vader (1995)

All R2's before the COMMTECH one

R5-D4

Stormtrooper (1995)

ASP Droid

SE Jabba

matt_ox
08-17-2001, 05:41 PM
The first wave leia was just terrible. Also, I remember Luke looking like a scrawny teenager and not like He-man. The first wave Luke had Its issuses.

Starfig873
08-17-2001, 08:09 PM
Bleeeeech! I have to say "He-Man" Luke Skywalker...stupid and ugly too!

next in line is the scanner crew figure. That itty-bitty head can't be good for sinuses.:cool:

PloKoon2385
08-17-2001, 09:04 PM
Monkey face Leia! My mother said that she looks like Chewbacca! I agree!

humsup
08-17-2001, 09:42 PM
The ancient thread that keeps coming up.

My take - as always - a tie between Monkey Face Leia and Lando.

If SOTE is counted, the Snoova Chewie overtakes Lando :)

the master jedi
08-17-2001, 09:48 PM
It's a tie between buff Luke and monkey faced Leia.

AmanaMatt
08-22-2001, 02:54 AM
for me, as bad as the R5-D4 with launching missile was, the R2 with launching lightsaber was just awful.

No R2 should give Dirk Diggler a run for his money!

2-1B
08-22-2001, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by Amanamatt
No R2 should give Dirk Diggler a run for his money!
Imagine R2 "thinking" Dirk's monologue about being "a star" right before launching that saber to Luke . . .

That flashback R2 really is awful. The vintage one (while not that great itself) had its rarity going for it, so this remake had potential. It's not the worst POTF2, but to me it was one of the most disappointing.

Darth AL
08-22-2001, 01:50 PM
I have to agree that the buff luke sucks
but anyways hers my list

rebel fleet Trooper
lobot
snoova
Dr evazen
ape leia
amarikko
lightsaber R2

those are a few of my least favorite figs

eventhough Admiral Ackbar is one of my favorite
figs he has one of the worst crauch gaps ever
besides tarkin

GNT
08-23-2001, 03:03 AM
Who are you kidding... all the figures mentioned in this thread are pretty darn cool Who am I kidding?:D

TheJedi
08-23-2001, 09:55 PM
Hands down, R2 with launching lightsaber. People may mention He-Man and Planet of the Apes, but even with how buff Luke was, or how simian Leia was, they were nowhere near as out of proportion or as messed up a figure as R2. I would rather they hadn't made it. And I don't say that about any figure. I only thank God that FF R2 has a spring in his head so I can do it right.

Damn that Battlestar Galactica missle! =)

Fulit
08-23-2001, 10:42 PM
That Venice Beach Luke was so bad I didn't even start collecting POTF2 until the better figures came out in 96. I thought, if this is what the new line looks like, screw it. But then some better figures came out and I ended up picking up the buff Luke and the others because I'm a completist.

JediTricks
08-24-2001, 08:18 AM
I gotta say the Emperor's Royal Guard. Man does that figure suck eggs!
The original POTF2 salt-shaker, no legs, hollow body right to the shoulders
Too tall
Arms too long, even for being too tall
thick plastic overcloak
Head can't turn
2 friggin' points of articulation!
This is followed closely by the Rebel Freak Trooper, though Hasbro has finally made a new one that appears to fix all this one's problems.

Starfig873
08-24-2001, 11:20 AM
"Thunder Thighs" C-3PO. WAAAAAAAAY too shiny and hes all bow-legged and yet another itty-bitty-head. :D

bigbarada
08-24-2001, 01:20 PM
My favorite Threepio is probably the pull-apart version, especially since his head is now removable too. Of course I only display him partly assembled on the back of my Mechanic Chewie.

My bad, I posted this in the wrong thread.:o This should go under the most underrrated figure thread:o :o :o

Lobito
08-27-2001, 10:25 PM
The most horrible figure without a doubt is Princess Leia, and in second place comes his brother Luke. This figures were both released in the 1st wave. Waaay back in 1995.

GNT
11-07-2001, 02:01 AM
The most horrible figure without a doubt is Princess Leia, and in second place comes his brother Luke.

Shouldn't that be "her" brother luke?

broctoon
11-07-2001, 09:02 AM
As I just posted in another thread, I think just about all the original '95 figures would qualify. The only ones that weren't totally horrendous were R2, Obi-Wan and Stormtrooper. And even those weren't *good*, just passable. Emperor's Royal Guard was really awful too. It didn't capture the feel of the original figure, let alone the character in the movie.

GNT
12-15-2001, 10:41 PM
Bump this to the top :)

Wolfwood319
12-15-2001, 10:55 PM
Well since you went through all that trouble GNT;

Another really bad figure IMO was the first Han Hoth. Bow-legged, bad holding hands, and I'm still not sure what they were thinking with that head. :D

hamsterboy
12-17-2001, 12:33 AM
I'm going a different way and say the Biker Scout. If you don't have him on the Speeder Bike,what good is he?

JEDIpartner
12-17-2001, 10:45 AM
I didn't start collecting the new figures until around 1997-98 because I thought the ALL looked pretty bad. They actually strated getting MUCH better around the time they were gearing up for TPM. Now... they've gotten really good, but- I hear that slipping noise out in the distance (refer to the "Eeth Koth" thread in the POTJ forums).

Emperor Howdy
12-18-2001, 12:12 AM
Dengar blows, the first Chewie blows (along with the rest of the early line), R5-D4 blows, hmmmmm.......

SithDroid
01-12-2002, 02:33 PM
All the Buff figures, R5-D4, 1st Leia, Emperor's Royal Guard, and CGI version Jabba. Give me a classic version of Jabba instead of this horrible looking CGI version anyday.

Lord Tenebrous
01-13-2002, 07:57 PM
I'd have to say that all the POTF Deluxe figures, except for the Probot, were a waste of plastic and time. Crowd Control Stormtrooper? Han with Smuggler's Flight Pack? Mega-Missile Fett? What were they thinking?

bigbarada
01-13-2002, 08:38 PM
The Snowtrooper with Tripod Laser Cannon and the Rebel Soldier with Radar Laser Cannon were really nice sets (except for the super-buff Rebel Soldier) for their time. But I understand what you are saying about the series 1 Deluxe figures.

GNT
01-13-2002, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by hamsterboy
I'm going a different way and say the Biker Scout. If you don't have him on the Speeder Bike,what good is he?

Hasbro made up for that mistake with an even rarer hard to find Clean scout that nobody can find :( and I do see you mean I had my scout out and he is not that great at all :(

Rogue II
07-03-2006, 10:02 AM
My daughter (who was born on the same day this thread was started) and I were playing with the Star Wars figures last night. She found the POTF2 Leia and asks me, "Daddy, why is Princess Leia angry?" I told her it was because she was fighting Darth Vader. She says, "oh" and takes off the cape and skirt and puts them on other various female figures. A little while later, she asks "Daddy, is this Princess Leia bad[evil]?" I told her no as the image of Evil Princess Leia sporting a goatee did pass through my mind. "Then why is she angry? Why does she look like this?" I tried to explain the whole sculpting process to her and that this Leia was made a long time ago. We found another Leia that didn't look so angry and all was well.

So how bad is POTF2 Leia? Children under 5 think it is evil.

JediTricks
07-03-2006, 02:41 PM
Hey, at least children recognize that it *is* Leia, that's a step in the right direction. :p

jjreason
07-04-2006, 01:07 PM
My son shuns it (POTF2 Leia). He takes out his figures, then purposefully puts her aside. He plays, then puts them away leaving her out of the case. I have to pick it up myself, and put it back in with the rest of his figures.

Not good.

Kidhuman
07-04-2006, 01:24 PM
Thats hilarious JJ. Even the kid doesnt want it. Toss her up there with the choppers.