PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek NEMESIS trailer

Hellboy
08-04-2002, 02:04 PM
I just got back from seeing the movie Signs and I was treated to the trailer for the 10th Star Trek movie NEMESIS. First off let me say that I am a ST fan but think the majority of the movies are somewhat lacking. Don't get me wrong I enjoy them all but I expect more from a movie than just a dressed up 2 hr. episode of the Next Generation.
I think this movie is going to be the one fans like myself have been waiting for. First off it looks EXTREMELY DARK, and the new race of villans look like they're straight out of the movie Dark City.
From the looks of it I'd say there is a large amount of action and without giving to much away I'd say some self sacrifice on the part of the crew. Since this is the final voyage of this crew I'd expect some major shakeups and dare I say it DEATH.:dead: Not since The Wrath of Khan have I been this excited about a ST movie and I have a feeling most of you will agree once you have a chance to view this trailer. If you have seen it already or want to comment on anything I've mentioned here post a reply I'm curious to see what evryone thinks.:)

JediTricks
08-04-2002, 03:03 PM
I haven't seen the trailer yet, but I have seen pics of the action figures of the villains and they do indeed look like they came straight out of Dark City.

If this is the last TNG-cast movie, I fear it'll be the last Trek movie. I don't think DS9 or Voy can pull off a movie at all.

jonboy
08-04-2002, 03:42 PM
I too have seen the trailer. This movie will probably be the best Trek film to date. There looks to be a lot of hardcore action in it. I can't wait to see the Enterprise take a pounding!!! I have read many plot spoilers on it and yes, there will be a sacrifice by a member of the crew. The source that I got it from has been 99% right about every Trek movie to date.

icatch9
08-05-2002, 08:12 AM
The trailer was great! I'm a fan of TNG (seen every episode) and a fan of ST in general. This movie looks great, but the action will have to compete with First Contact. But, that's neither hear nor there.

This is the first I'm hearing about the end of the line for the
crew :(. It's sad really. I mean if they do break up. I can't imagin why they would. With the acception of Patrick Steward has any of them even been in any other moives recently? Why would any actor want to pass up a big payday? I'm sure this movie provieds a giant chunch of thier yearly income. I'll never understand actors :crazed:. I mean after 15 as the same character, I think they'd be as type cast as they are going to get. A couple more movies arn't going to kill thier careers.

I agree that Voyager or DS9 might not be a huge box office hit, but Sisco is a strong character and some good plot lines could be developed around him and the station :rolleyes: . Just MHO :).

LTBasker
08-05-2002, 08:36 AM
They're splitting up because their asking price per movie is getting higher and higher as they become more famous. So even if they ARE type cast, they get a hefty paycheck at the beginning even if the movie's a flop in the end.

Boba Fitt
08-05-2002, 08:38 AM
I saw the trailer on the ST website. Looks very good... it has to be better than the last load of crap.

Lets just hope they avoid the whole time travel bit. Star Trek seems to use that in half the movies and episodes. It's getting very old, Rick Berman.

Exhaust Port
08-05-2002, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
If this is the last TNG-cast movie, I fear it'll be the last Trek movie. I don't think DS9 or Voy can pull off a movie at all.

I hope they don't even try to find out. Now an Enterprise movie might be interesting in a couple years.

icatch9
08-05-2002, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
They're splitting up because their asking price per movie is getting higher and higher as they become more famous. So even if they ARE type cast, they get a hefty paycheck at the beginning even if the movie's a flop in the end.

That's a real good reason. I guess I didn't think of that. Still, I don't think they are that famous. Maybe it's just me, but have they even been in anything else, really? I know Data was in Indipendance Day. But has any of the other cast memebers been in any other movies other than ST? I guess they do stage stuff, but that can't pay like a movie :confused:. I guess if you don't enjoy doing it that much you don't care. Ask 10 million :greedy:, if you get it then great :D, if you don't oh well who cares:zzz:. Still, I'll never understand actors :crazed:.

jonboy
08-05-2002, 01:14 PM
The crew is splitting up. It is suppose to be the last TNG movie, but all have said that there could be another if this one make really good money. I doubt that though. Star Trek flicks don't have a real history as being money makers. I do think that this one will be the highest grosser of the series. I have a ton of spoilers if anyone wants them. You guys probably know more about it than I do. I was at this site that has really accurate spoilers. Before First Contact came out, they had spoilers that were almost 100% on the money.

master jedi
08-05-2002, 01:14 PM
I've had the trailer on my computer for a long while now and I think it might be better than First Contact. It's an even numbered Trek movie so it better be good even though

***Spoiler***

Data gets destroied.

***End Spoiler***

jonboy
08-05-2002, 01:16 PM
It is convenient that they have an identical replacement for him though. I guess just in case there is another movie.

Exhaust Port
08-05-2002, 01:51 PM
Darn it, not much warning on the spoiler there Master Jedi!!!!!!

icatch9
08-05-2002, 02:56 PM
Yea, keep those spoiler out please. I could of figured out for myself that he may or may not get killed, but you don't have to ruin the movie for everyone. Heck they brought back Spok after he got killed. So bringing Data back will be a heck of a lot easier :D.

Hellboy
08-05-2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Exhaust Port

I hope they don't even try to find out. Now an Enterprise movie might be interesting in a couple years.

I agree that Enterprise would be the best successor to the movie franchise but whats sad is that this movie will be the last time we get to see new stories from this period of time in the ST universe.:(

jonboy
08-05-2002, 08:20 PM
You never know. I think that there may be more to follow. I hope that this is not the last time that we see Picard and the gang. I don't really think that Enterprise would fair well as a movie. We already know what happens in the future.

hango fett
08-05-2002, 09:18 PM
the thing that got me is the statment "a generations final journey BEGINS" which means it may take a few movies to finish. kind of like star trek 2-6. they all tie together. the first one just sucked.....
the rest are great!
h.

jonboy
08-05-2002, 09:59 PM
The movie is going to be really dark. I get goosebumps just thinking about seeing it. Did anyone else also notice that this is the first Trek trailer that was completely new footage wise? All the others always had scenes from earlier movies in them to fill space and only had a little from the movie being advertised. This one is all new footage from Nemesis.

billfremore
08-05-2002, 10:02 PM
Hey there's a simple rule to follow for all Star Trek films...

Odd numbered films suck.

Even numbered ones rock!

So this one should be most excellent :D

jonboy
08-05-2002, 10:06 PM
I think that every time they make a good one(even), they get lazy on the next one(odd) thinking people will like it no matter what. But yeah, this one is even, so it should kick a**!!!

JediTricks
08-06-2002, 02:15 AM
Master Jedi, "worst spoiler warning ever!" ;) I fixed it, but please be more careful in the future.

scruffziller
08-06-2002, 04:10 AM
Any word on who the Data look alike is? New creation? LORE?!?!?!?.......perhaps?

jonboy
08-06-2002, 07:18 AM
Check my spoiler thread and I will post an answer there.

Hellboy
08-06-2002, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by billfremore
Hey there's a simple rule to follow for all Star Trek films...

Odd numbered films suck.

Even numbered ones rock!

I really don't agree with the old even/odd numbered thing myself. I really enjoy Search for Spock, especially if you watch it right after The Wrath of Khan, they just flow together nicely. I also think The Voyage Home is the most overated film of the bunch. For me it was to much humor and not enough Star Trek. Plus it took place in the past and even though it was the first movie to have the time travel aspects in it I'm so tired of that type of plotline it just doesn't hold up well IMO.:)

billfremore
08-07-2002, 08:42 AM
Search for Spock is the only odd numbered one that possibly throws off this theory.

But the argument's pretty strong for the rest...

THE BAD

The Motion Picture - oh no! were being attacked by the hubble telescope or whatever it was ;)

The Final Frontier - Who decided this was a good script and who said Shatner could direct?

Generations - Hey we've been sucked into a temporal anomaly. What an original plot for Star Trek. :rolleyes:

Insurrection - Oh look Picard now has the ability to stop time. I love realistic Science Fiction. :rolleyes:

icatch9
08-07-2002, 08:44 AM
I too liked TSFS a lot too. I also like TVH, but it was a humor movie. I mean haveing the crew walk around SF in the late 80's, that's funny. From Krik saying double dumb @$$ to Checkov saying Nuclear Wesels. Humor, thy name be Star Trek IV. Still it wasn't that much about Star Trek. It didn't have a lot to do with anything. It wraped up the Spok story line nicely, but that happened in the first 10 minutes of the movie. Spok still haveing a bit of a memory laps was just for laughs and didn't have to be there. The movie itself turned out nicely and was just forgotten in the next 2.5 movie (Genisus is only about Kirk half the time).

So, in the grand sceem of things TVH isn't that great, but it's still an intertaining movie. Just like an humerous episode of the show (new or old) it's entertaining and then you move on.

2-1B
08-10-2002, 11:24 PM
During the trailer, did Data actually run out of an open ship into space? :confused:

DarthBrandon
08-10-2002, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
During the trailer, did Data actually run out of an open ship into space? :confused:

It would appear that way in the trailer Caesar, when the movie comes out it could be a different story though.:)