PDA

View Full Version : DVD-ROM + PC-only Content

MisterPL
10-17-2001, 10:55 AM
As a Mac user, I'm a little put off that LFL didn't allow my DVD-ROM drive to access the web content offered on the Episode I DVD. Judging from the traffic generated on the boards at the Official Site, I'm not alone. I've tried to post the link here, but it won't work. Anyone want it?

yukface27
10-17-2001, 07:44 PM
Yes, I would, unless it has some spoilers for Episode II.

yukface27@hotmail.com

Mandalorian Candidat
10-17-2001, 07:46 PM
Someone else posted the link on another thread. I tried it out, but it tells you that unless you have the DVD in the drive it won't access the material.

Pretty cheesy, huh?

MisterPL
10-18-2001, 08:34 AM
Try the link in this thread; it works for me, and I'm on an iMac with no DVD-ROM at all:

http://www.collectstarwars.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=9&t=004519

Good luck, and BEWARE SPOILERS!

Mandalorian Candidat
10-18-2001, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the link MisterPL.

I thought the slide show was alright. There wasn't really anything spoilerish except for the slide of Jango Fett(?). I guess it's just Lucas trying to throw us a bone before the trailer comes out.

derek
10-18-2001, 07:18 PM
you mac users think you have it bad, try running the dvd in the floppy drive of a commodor 64!:)

Lococaca
10-19-2001, 05:21 AM
but there is a spoiler in the Jango Fett scene, check out his helmet and see whats different from the other pics of it........

Mandalorian Candidat
10-19-2001, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Lococaca
but there is a spoiler in the Jango Fett scene, check out his helmet and see whats different from the other pics of it........

It looks like the above link was done away with. You can't access 'choices' through it anymore. Since I'm never going to get access to a PC/DVD-ROM setup, why don't you just tell us what your view of this spoiler is?

Lococaca
10-19-2001, 02:39 PM
Jango's helmet has now has the dent in the exact same spot as Boba, leaving us to believe that boba uses his fathers helmet

Mandalorian Candidat
10-19-2001, 02:49 PM
You're pretty observant about that detail. It totally escaped me. Thanks for the info, but I don't see how that could ever be construed as a spoiler. We all know by now that Boba Fett most likely goes into the family business because of his dad, and that they both will eventually use Mandalorian armor. I don't think it's too significant that he may end up using dear old dad's stuff.

Regardless of the details, I still can't get enough of those bi*chin' Mandalorian warriors! Bring em on Lucas!