PDA

View Full Version : Will Anikin have a beard?

scruffziller
08-04-2002, 05:20 PM
Seems as though Obi did, why not Aninkin.

MikeAndTheBots
08-04-2002, 05:52 PM
I doubt it.

DarthSetnom
08-04-2002, 06:41 PM
what difference would it make, really?

And anyway i don't think he will, see Obi-Wan's beard in AOTC is meant to make a connection with OT. Anakin doesn't have a beard in OT. There's no reason for him to grow a beard.

Geonosian
08-04-2002, 11:05 PM
I hope not.

JEDIpartner
08-05-2002, 12:23 PM
I don't think Hayden Christiansen is CAPABLE of facial hair, IMHO! :o

Lord Tenebrous
08-05-2002, 09:17 PM
Hayden has mentioned bulking up with some muscle, and having some saber practice with Ewan before filming starts. But since Ep3 is only 3-4 years after AOTC, he'll look naturally aged. :)

JEDIpartner
08-05-2002, 10:35 PM
... like cheese?

Jonna
08-05-2002, 11:10 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
... like cheese?

You see I really can't tell the difference between different types of cheese. I mean, some of it of course. But like American Yellow and American White I just can not tell the difference of.:D

Lord Tenebrous
08-05-2002, 11:42 PM
You see, George actually filmed some scenes of AOTC on scented digital tape. So between that, and the fully-scented-digital Episode III, you'll be able to tell his age by the smell. :D

AOTC Anakin = musky cologne and leather
Ep3 Anakin = battery acid and metal

:crazed:

scruffziller
08-06-2002, 05:19 AM
Once again another stupid thread that I thought of when I was dead tired. And I'll ask another stupid question since i am dead tired once again. He may not have had a beard as we seen in the
OT but that does not mean........oh well you know where this is going.

JEDIpartner
08-06-2002, 09:13 AM
So... do you think that Hayden's acting skills will be "sharper" than they were in AOTC?? :crazed:

scruffziller
08-06-2002, 09:53 AM
So... do you think that Hayden's acting skills will be "sharper" than they were in AOTC?? :crazed:
If he does have a beard u think?

chewbacca71
08-06-2002, 06:08 PM
Maybe he is supposed to but, with all of his other rebellious activity, he decides to not grow one. Of course it seemed like something the knights had. Hard to tell. Is Anakin supposed to be knight be III? Obi-Wan didn't have one until he was a knight as did Qui-Gon. Of course, Mace didn't have one. Maybe you can shave when you become a master?

OC47150
08-09-2002, 02:58 PM
I've wondered this issue myself. The beard would give Anakin some more maturity, but there were other Jedi who didn't have facial hair.

Lord_Etreum
09-07-2002, 01:57 AM
I think Obi Wanīs beard is like a sign for respect for his death master.... I doubt beard comes with knighthood as many knights and masters donīt have them... And I donīt think most alien jedi are capable of growing beards...

The Overlord Returns
09-07-2002, 03:49 PM
I'm having a RFEALLY hard time figuring out if the replies in this thread are serious........it's starting to sound like they are.....atleast these last few.....

Ewan had a beard because a) he needed to look visibly older than anakin....atleast 10 years....

and b) alec guinness did, so it's a way of bridging the gap between the two looks of obi wan.

NOT because you can only have a beard when you become a knight, or that you can't shave it off until your a master.....or silly things like that.

Neo-242
09-08-2002, 03:23 PM
I hope he hasn't! Beards aren't cool =:-)

Darth Sidious
09-08-2002, 03:46 PM
I don't think Hayden Christiansen is CAPABLE of facial hair, IMHO! :o

Haha, I have to agree with you there. The idea of facial hair on him is so ridiculous, he would just look awful with a beard. I hope he doesn't have one, or it gets burnt off early in the movie.

scruffziller
03-20-2003, 02:07 PM
Well here is a cool image if it were true.

Bearded Anikin (http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/fanart/imageFolio.cgi?action=view&link=Prequels/Episode_3&image=amd-anakinconcept.jpg&img=64&tt=)

RooJay
03-27-2003, 03:49 PM
I think it's painfully obvious that facial hair has no parallel to the level of training a Jedi has. :rolleyes:

That is a very cool piece of artwork, though! I should like to point out that Hayden wouldn't look anywhere near that cool with facial hair, IF he's even capable of growing some!

DarthChuckMc
03-27-2003, 04:09 PM
The real ??? is.....will Padme!

scruffziller
03-28-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by DarthChuckMc
The real ??? is.....will Padme!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh............................k aaaaaaaaaaayyyy...:D

Originally posted by RooJay

That is a very cool piece of artwork, though! I should like to point out that Hayden wouldn't look anywhere near that cool with facial hair, IF he's even capable of growing some!

What is eerie though, the artist obviously caught Hayden's essence lookwise and at the same time, it looks alot like Luke as an old Master in those graphic novels!!!!:crazed:

JEDIpartner
03-28-2003, 03:05 PM
I think Hayden probably could grow some of that pathetic mange-riddled facial hair so many boys grow. Grow... bwaaaahahahaha!! I think that is the most pathetic looking thing when people who haven't the follicles to grow proper facial hair still try to do it anyhow. It's like they have a few straggly hairs, a clump and a bald area and then a clump and... :crazed:

DarthChuckMc
03-28-2003, 05:47 PM
It's like they have a few straggly hairs, a clump and a bald area and then a clump and... :crazed:

Sounds like you're describing my forehead :( :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

For proof, just look at the Post a picture of Yourself thread and you'll see what I mean.

2-1B
06-07-2007, 09:19 PM
Anakin sans beard in ROTS was the right way to go and Ewan's hair and beard combo was a delight.

Qui-Long Gone
06-07-2007, 11:54 PM
I thought Anakin's longer hair was also a nice touch and I agree sans beard was a good choice....

Watching ROTS again this weekend....man did Ewan look like Sir Obi Wan or what? Killer make-up work for ROTS!!!:thumbsup: