PDA

View Full Version : Playskool Millennium Falcon

Mace Windex
08-04-2002, 10:53 PM
I see this thing is hitting the stores according to Sir Steve. Anyone here have it? If so, how about posting some detailed out of the box photos?
Also, what is the retail on the ship and where did you find it.

Mace

stillakid
08-06-2002, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Mace Windex
I see this thing is hitting the stores according to Sir Steve. Anyone here have it? If so, how about posting some detailed out of the box photos?
Also, what is the retail on the ship and where did you find it.

Mace

I just found one last night at KB. It was $27.99 + $2.31 tax (=$30.30). There was only one sitting there, so I imagine the rest, however many that was, were gone that day. The other sets had been back with the other Playskool items, but this was up front with the rest of the regular Star Wars stuff. Unfortunately no sign of the Arena Battle when I was there. Gotta keep checking.

-JediMaster-Yoda-
08-06-2002, 08:06 AM
I dont buy Playskool items

Exhaust Port
08-06-2002, 11:07 AM
I normally don't either but these Playskool sets are pretty neat and I might end up getting one or 2 along the way.

Mace Windex
08-07-2002, 07:25 AM
I was thinking about getting this one for my daughter. How big is it? The price is double that of the x-wing set!
Post pics if you have them.
Mace

RooJay
08-07-2002, 11:17 PM
Isn't there still a Playskool forum?

Anyway...can't wait to get my hands on this thing! I love this line, and hope it keeps expanding!

JediTricks
08-08-2002, 02:02 AM
No, the playskool forum went largely unused so Steve pulled it. And then we learn that the line ends with the Arena set and the Falcon, so I guess it ended at the right time. :D

I want the Falcon set a lot, this set looks like fantastic fun.

Thunderstorm1
08-08-2002, 08:03 AM
Is this truly the end of the line?

I have collected all of the sets and the Falcon and I think they are great. I would hate to see the line end here. Still hoping for maybe a Jabba and Yoda.

Mace Windex
08-08-2002, 03:57 PM
can someone that has the Falcon set please post detailed pics of it here? The only ones I have seen so far have been the boxed pics. I would also like to see it next to the X-wing.

Mace

JediTricks
08-08-2002, 05:11 PM
Thunderstorm1, the Playskool line is over, but Hasbro said they might bring it back to life since it's done so well.

LTBasker
08-08-2002, 05:13 PM
I don't see why they wouldn't be bringing it back right now. Didn't they say the first batch of X-wing and Naboo Fighter sets have sold out at Wal-Mart?

Tycho
08-08-2002, 06:01 PM
Drat. Now I'll have to rush out and pick these up!

Thunderstorm1
08-08-2002, 10:28 PM
That really does suck for them to discontinue the line; especially since it is doing so well.

We can only hope that Hasbro realizes this.

Thanks for the info JediTricks!!

JediTricks
08-09-2002, 03:32 AM
I think they didn't discontinue it, they simply had a very specific line planned out which we've now seen the end of, Hasbro didn't foresee that it would sell so well.

Tycho, get them because you like them, not because they're rare. Oh, and thanks to Thrawn for mentioning to me how much he liked his sets, that's what got me to look closer and buy the classic trilogy sets and I'm glad I did.

RooJay
08-09-2002, 08:51 PM
That's very disappointing news. I was really hoping to see some major expansions for this line. There is certainly a lot more that could be done with it! I hope they bring it back very soon.