PDA

View Full Version : More Magnets!

Bobajames
08-05-2002, 01:20 AM
dear hasbro,
would you please make everything else you could possibly make with magnets? You could make ponda baba w/ magnetic arm, darth vader w/ magnetic hand, r2 w/ magnetic tools to pick stuff up, a new millenium falcon w/ magnetic mynocks, new darth maul w/ magnetic upper body battle droids w/ magnetic limbs and just anything else you could possibly attach w/ magnets? they sure are fun.
P.S. do magnets ever lose their magnetism and stop attracting stuff? i sure hope not. anyone else know other thing to put magnets in? they sure seem to like these things in the saga line!

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
08-05-2002, 04:39 AM
I'm in for the magnets, as long as they're strong.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-05-2002, 01:35 PM
Umm . . . they already made magnetic Maul. :)

Bobajames
08-05-2002, 02:44 PM
oh sorry didn't get that one

Lord Tenebrous
08-05-2002, 04:24 PM
If I have a choice between a magnet and a peg, I'm definately with the peg. And if it does have a magnet, it's displayed far away from any data source, particularly the floppy disks that litter my desk.

It's the same Bespin Luke logic - you don't need to reattach body parts with 'the Force', and it's generally easier to manually set up your figures than with these poorly concealed and restricted magnets.

Adam
08-05-2002, 07:15 PM
What Tenebrous said.... I kinda dont like the magnets because I like putting my new figures on my moniter. But because some of them have magnets now, I get paranoid of putting them on, especially since its a brand new moniter..

DarthBrandon
08-05-2002, 07:20 PM
I'm all for magnets if they are done correctly and work a long time.

Magnet lightsaber hilts:)

TheFrankEinstein
08-08-2002, 11:16 AM
I like the lightsaber hilts being metal and the hands being magnetic, but that's it. "you don't need to reattach body parts with 'the Force'" is exactly how I feel about it.

Bobajames
08-08-2002, 02:41 PM
I just thought of something, that would be cool if they had magnetic parts in their belt and you could put the metal lightsaber hilts on their belt and voila! force attraction! i think it could be neat

TheFrankEinstein
08-08-2002, 03:54 PM
You're right, that would be great if it came standard. Myself and others like me have customized our own (such as my Obi-Wan with a repainted Coruscant Chase head on a TPM Naboo body, with the JSF Kenobi's hand magnet in the belt hole). It really adds a lot to the figure.

JediTricks
08-08-2002, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Bobajames
I just thought of something, that would be cool if they had magnetic parts in their belt and you could put the metal lightsaber hilts on their belt and voila! force attraction! i think it could be neat When the magnet came out of my Kit Fisto's hand, I put it in the figure's belt hole and it fit perfectly, this works so dang well that Hasbro really should incorporate it into other figures.