PDA

View Full Version : Geonosian Picador with Orray Petition and Appreciation Thread

Geonosian
08-05-2002, 07:31 AM
Hasbro has been doing a pretty good job making figures for our Geonosian Arena diaramas. We have lots of Jedi, tons of Droids and Geonosians all the beasts.......expect one The ORRAY!!! I have created a Petition to have the Geonosian Picador with Orray to be made and I need you to sign and pass it on! If you think theres a rumor, sign anyway because rumors aren't true

www.petitiononline.com/gpicador/petition.html (http://www.petitiononline.com/gpicador/petition.html) Help me out people! Sign it now. This means alot to me and it should to you.
Thanks guys!!

ColemanTrebor914
08-05-2002, 07:46 AM
You said it, Geonosian! We need that Orray! And you can never have too many Geo's! It'd be cool if it came with that chariot thing!

I signed! (#2). You should too! And, sign the Coleman Trebor petition: http://www.petitiononline.com/trebor

:D :D :p

Geonosian
08-05-2002, 07:48 AM
Thanks for your support ColemanTrebor914. We need the Geonosian Picador with Orray!!

thespar
08-05-2002, 04:13 PM
this will be cool just pick up the reek and arkley yesterday hopeful if they make him the will make him card like neexu.

hango fett
08-05-2002, 04:28 PM
sometimes i think everyone is hell-bent on either complaining alot or making a petiton....i will sign.....not now though.....i'm too tired..
;)
h.

Adam
08-05-2002, 06:35 PM
Ok, this petition stuff for AOTC toys has GOT to stop. The movie has only been out for 12 WEEKS. Give Hasbro TIME and they will make the figures that will work as toys. I also want the Picador, and a Coleman Trebor, but a petition at this point is entirely unwarranted. I admire your, energy I guess, but I think its being wasted on stuff that will be made eventually any way.

Petitions for characters like, and I can't beleive I am going to say this, the Ice Cream Maker Guy are viable because Episode 5 was released like 20 years ago, and it is rather obvious that Hasbro would not make it.

Okay thats a bad example, but it was the only one I could think of.

PLEASE HAVE SOME PATIENCE!

Rogue II
08-05-2002, 06:45 PM
Amen to that Adam. Give them time. We will get some cool items the next couple years since they are not movie years.

Hey, we should start a Petition to stop petitions.:crazed:

Adam
08-05-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
Hey, we should start a Petition to stop petitions.:crazed:

Now that is one I would most definatly sign. :D

Beast
08-05-2002, 06:50 PM
Can we also throw together a petition to get Geonosian to cut his signature down some. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
08-05-2002, 07:18 PM
Online petitions are a horrible, horrible trend. It turns a concept that was supposed to represent Democratic change into a whiny, greedy list of unbalanced demands.

Petitiononline.com is like any other message board, entertainment that's impossible to take seriously. So if you want your Orray or Coleman Trebor or Tey How or whatever, you're going to have to either wait it out or make it yourself.

But at least your passive initiative will be met with an equally passive decline. ;)

Adam
08-05-2002, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Can we also throw together a petition to get Geonosian to cut his signature down some. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

It is pretty long, and I'm pretty sure everyone gets the point.. mind trimming it Geo?

Geonosian
08-06-2002, 01:41 AM
Everyone has it in for me... dont they!
I want for sig to stay like that! But if anyone can tell me how I cpund make the font smaller I will!
Hango can you sign.
You too JarJar.

Beast
08-06-2002, 04:13 AM
Well, first of all why not knock two lines off of the figures that have already been done. - Force fliping Anakin (MADE) and - Flying Geonosian (MADE) arn't necissary, cause they have been made. And how about formatting it like this.

FIGURES THAT NEED TO BE MADE: Poggle the Lesser, Coleman Trebor, Lama Su, Anakin (plastic) Jedi robes, Anakin w/ Swoop, Geonosian Picador w/ Orray.

12": Poggle the Lesser, Lama Su, Geonosian Warrior, Coleman Trebor, Anakin (robed).

UNLEASHED: Geonosian w/ wings and spear, Kit Fisto, Obi-wan, Coleman Trebor, Anakin (robed)

Just copy the following code, but replace all {'s with ['s. That should clean up your signature so it's not so long and distracting. :)

{size=2}{b}FIGURES THAT NEED TO BE MADE: {/b}{/size}{size=1}Poggle the Lesser, Coleman Trebor, Lama Su, Anakin (plastic) Jedi robes, Anakin w/ Swoop, Geonosian Picador w/ Orray.{/size}

{size=2}{b}12": {/b}{/size}{size=1}Poggle the Lesser, Lama Su, Geonosian Warrior, Coleman Trebor, Anakin (robed).{/size}

{size=2}{b}UNLEASHED: {/b}{/size}{size=1}Geonosian w/ wings and spear, Kit Fisto, Obi-wan, Coleman Trebor, Anakin (robed){/size}

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Punch-The-Clown
08-06-2002, 04:24 AM
i'll sign!
but yeah you should get rid of the ones that are made but the rest should be made. what is wrong with the anakin unleashed figure? he's great!

Adam
08-06-2002, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Punch-The-Clown
i'll sign!

NOO! Stop the madness! There is absolutly no need for a petition at this point in time!:frus:

joe-da
08-06-2002, 09:02 PM
Geonosian, about your figure list that must be made (in your "signature"), I just noticed something.

"Anakin ROBBED"? When did this happen?

What? Oh, you meant "robed"...

I'm not making fun, I just saw it and got a good laugh, imagining him getting mugged on Coruscant or something...

Oh, and it'd be groovy to have an Orray and Picador..... and a Poggle.... and Dooku's "co-conspirators" at the meeting table.

mylow thehutt
08-06-2002, 10:31 PM
:) It's true that some people are going over board with these pentions.but I would welcome a Orray any day,heres a pic of them in action

Geonosian
08-07-2002, 12:53 AM
JarJar I will do that a.s.a.p.
Adam can you please stop holding this petition back!!
For everyone who hasn't signed please do so..

Punch-The-Clown
08-07-2002, 01:28 AM
i think petitions are a godd idea, how else will they know which ones we really want. how many have signed?

Geonosian
08-07-2002, 03:17 AM
Exactly!

Forhekset
08-07-2002, 10:42 AM
I really hate Geonosians altogether. Not the figures specifically or anything, I just mean the entire concept. Stupid uninspired insectoid creatures that look ripped out of some other movie. So if Hasbro never made another Geonosian figure, I'd be elated. Although I do have a soft spot in my heart for any figure that comes with a creature it can ride....but seriously, you guys need to give Hasbro a little time. It isn't like Episode III has come and gone and there are still unmade characters from AOTC. Settle down already. It isn't everyone-panic-let's-start-a-petition-time yet.

JEDIpartner
08-07-2002, 02:17 PM
Yeah... the picador would be cool, but I'd like to see Poggle made before that!

Adam
08-07-2002, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Punch-The-Clown
i think petitions are a good idea, how else will they know which ones we really want.

By posting in the "Dear Hasbro.." board.

Geo, I'm not holding anything back. I'm just trying to point out that THERE IS NO NEED FOR A PETITION. If it was 4 years from now and Hasbro still had not made a picador THEN a petition might be viable.

Beast
08-07-2002, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
Yeah... the picador would be cool, but I'd like to see Poggle made before that!
Technically JEDIpartnr, the Geonosian that comes with the Massif is a picador. He doesn't have wingds, just like the picador. Just give him the first Geonosian's spear, and you have a picador. And I agree, I want Poggle and many other figures, long before I worry about another generic Geonosian figure. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Punch-The-Clown
08-08-2002, 12:56 AM
i don't get it cause yeah we've only had the figures for 3 months but they've been planned long before then so you guys are not realizing how long they've had to make it

Geonosian
08-08-2002, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
Yeah... the picador would be cool, but I'd like to see Poggle made before that! Well can you please sign the petition.
JarJar that is not the Picador. The Picador has little beddie things on his back..

hango fett
08-08-2002, 08:52 AM
no. i am not going to sign. i'm tired of al the petitons! i have only signed, like 2, since i have been here. maybe if they don't make them by next may, we can have a petition.
not now.
h.

Beast
08-08-2002, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by Geonosian
Well can you please sign the petition.
JarJar that is not the Picador. The Picador has little beddie things on his back..
Geonosian, it's the same figure. Do you really think they are going to sculpt intricate little beads and decorations to the spines on the Geonosian's back. If they do they will likely just reuse the same body, make the legs so he can ride the Orray and add a little detail on his back.

No, I am not signing either. There is 2 1/2 years before Episode III comes out. Starting petitions this early is rather silly. If they would have overlooked a main charecter or somthing to that effect, I could understand wanting to start a petition. But people need to calm down and have some darn patience.

Geez, most people lately sound like Hasbro should release every charecter as a figure on the first day of release. There are many many years of figures ahead from Hasbro. Having some patience and then seeing what holes Hasbro has to filll is alot better then screaming about an injustice.

There has already been 3 Geonosian figures, with a Deluxe on the way. I think Hasbro can lay off them for a while and concentrate on some of the other needed charecters from AOTC's, TPM, and the OT, before they need to give us another generic Geonosian. Just my 2 republic daktaries.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Geonosian
08-08-2002, 09:17 AM
Ok, ok....
JarJar does Hasbro have plans on making a Geonosian Picador with Orray?

Beast
08-08-2002, 09:30 AM
Hasbro's secretive, so who knows what goes on behind the doors. They don't reveal their future plans to anyone, until they announce it. So you just have to sit back and wait like the rest of us.

There are quite a few figures that I would like to see before the line eventually dies again. While we have until atleast 2008 for that, it still will likely leave empty gaps in many peoples wishlists. But with 6 years atleast, there won't be to many. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
08-10-2002, 03:01 AM
I must express my disappointment at the lack of "Geonosian Picador with Orray appreciation" being shown in this thread. :p

sicqnus
08-10-2002, 12:50 PM
Here is a list.

Padmé refugee outfit
Padmé Amidala senator
Padmé Amidala Naboo fighter pilot
Padmé Amidala Lake retreat
Jango Fett Slave One pilot
Darth Sidious
Sly Moore
Bail Organa senator
Yoda with force powers (Deluxe)
Anakin Skywalker "wedding" with robotic hand
Jedi-childs "saber training" two-pack
Jocasta Nu
Lama Su Kaminoan prime minister
Kaminoan & Aiwhas (beastpack)
Clone in student outfit (with tools)
Clone Trooper (Yellow - Air force - blister with Gunship turret and Gunship pilot on blister card)
Clone Trooper (Red - sergeant with tripod blaster)
Clone Trooper (Blue)
Clone Trooper (Green)
Owen Lars (with tools or maybe with Swoop bike in a Deluxe pack)
Beru Withesun (w/ kitchen tools/blue milk)
Cliegg Lars on flying chair (with vaporator ?)
Tusken Raider (with Massif)
Darth Tyranus Sith Lord with lighting bolts
San Hill (president of the Bank guild)
Shu Mai (president of the trading guild)
Nute Gunray
Lott Dodd Neimodian Senator
Poggle (Geonosian archiduc)
Destroyer Droïd (Deluxe)
Geonosian picador & Orray (beastpack)
Geonosian drone soldier (with sonic blaster)
Barris Offee Jedi Knight
Watto with droïd-part hat (maybe with pit droïd)
Anakin Force flipping action (Deluxe)
Flying Geonosian (Deluxe)

These list has been given to me a few month ago by a friend of mine who works with Hasbro DE in Deutchland. This is not a list of figures to be produced but a list of "should be" produced figures. I also know it is not complete. I heard about a Speederbike with figure (Owen or Anakin).

And i forgot the R2-D2 with booster rockets packed with little translucent blue flames.

I should say the figures would be produced if the first waves sells weel... as always...

Jargo
08-10-2002, 02:32 PM
hmmmmm.......

Anyway, onto the appreciation of the unproduced as yet Geonosian picador rider with Orray beast pack/deluxe pack.

I love this unproduced as yet figure and beast, I especially love the look on the Orray's face and the fact that you can move his head so he looks sideways at you. The saddle is really nicely doneand the reigns are nice and bendy to accomodate reposing the figure. The tail bump is kinda weird, interesting use of hard and soft plastics together.
The picador rider Geo warrior has nice articulation and look really good sat on the beast. The spear is a bit bendy though and if you pose the picador with the spear raised it droops at both ends which is poopy.
Nice paint detail on the geo picador rider though, makes his skirty thing stand out much better than the other Geo warriors.
I'd give this beasty and figure a full nine out of ten for cuteness but the missing point i had to take away for the fact that the Orray has bad articulation in the legs and can't really be posed very well.

But i do love the Orray though. What a cool beasty he is with his cheeky little smile and winky little eyes. Oh what a scamp to be sure..... :rolleyes:

2-1B
08-10-2002, 08:00 PM
Excellent! That's more like it!

Any one else care to share his or her appreciation with the rest of us?
I would, but I must admit to being a bit disappointed in the lack of a removable saddle. :mad:

ColemanTrebor914
08-10-2002, 08:50 PM
The appreciation part is for you to appreciate the Geonosian picadors and the orrays as seen in the movie. :)

And, people, how are you gonna get what you want when you don't ask for it???

Adam
08-10-2002, 08:59 PM
We'll get it when they make it. I'm going to say it for what I hope is the LAST time. It is too early in the game to start petitioning for figures for a movie that has only been out for 3 months. If you feel you must have your Coleman Trebor, or your Picador, go post in the "Dear Hasbro" board. Like JJB said, HAVE PATIENCE!

Geonosian
08-10-2002, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
hmmmmm.......

Anyway, onto the appreciation of the unproduced as yet Geonosian picador rider with Orray beast pack/deluxe pack.

I love this unproduced as yet figure and beast, I especially love the look on the Orray's face and the fact that you can move his head so he looks sideways at you. The saddle is really nicely doneand the reigns are nice and bendy to accomodate reposing the figure. The tail bump is kinda weird, interesting use of hard and soft plastics together.
The picador rider Geo warrior has nice articulation and look really good sat on the beast. The spear is a bit bendy though and if you pose the picador with the spear raised it droops at both ends which is poopy.
Nice paint detail on the geo picador rider though, makes his skirty thing stand out much better than the other Geo warriors.
I'd give this beasty and figure a full nine out of ten for cuteness but the missing point i had to take away for the fact that the Orray has bad articulation in the legs and can't really be posed very well.

But i do love the Orray though. What a cool beasty he is with his cheeky little smile and winky little eyes. Oh what a scamp to be sure..... :rolleyes: Thats great!!
I also think that list was a fake. Why would Owen come with the swoop if he never used it in the movie.
This thread is only begining!!

TylerD
08-12-2002, 07:50 PM
How about a petition to end all petitions? (Oops...Just saw your post Rogue II)

Patience is a Virtue.

Adam
08-12-2002, 07:54 PM
I agree with ya TylerD. And welcome to the madhouse. JarJarBinks should be by soon with your complimentary "gifts".:D :crazed:

TylerD
08-12-2002, 08:38 PM
LOL! Thanks Adam. I can't wait to receive my "gifts!"

Beast
08-12-2002, 08:52 PM
Welcome to the madhouse, TylerD. Here is your complimentary gift basket of Ducttape and POTJ Jar Jar Binks action figure. Enjoy yourself, and just make sure not to look anyone directly in the eyes. And stick to the road, stay off the moors. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
08-13-2002, 01:31 AM
Geonosian -
It's nice to see you took a Picador avatar in conjunction with your efforts here. :)

Geonosian
08-13-2002, 01:55 AM
Your right Ceaser.
Thanks.

Geonosian
08-13-2002, 08:50 PM
Still 31 sigs!!
COME ON PEOPLE sign the petition.
The link is on my sig...

jonboy
08-13-2002, 10:50 PM
I will not sign your petition, but I will commend you on your persistence. Most people would have already taken the hint after all of the verbal beatings you have received. It is still too soon for a petition on a toy that is VERY likely to get made, maybe in the near future.

Geonosian
08-13-2002, 10:57 PM
I hope you are right.

jonboy
08-14-2002, 05:16 PM
Just be patient, it will probably be made soon. Some of us here have been waiting YEARS for a new Sandcrawler!!!

TylerD
08-14-2002, 09:48 PM
I think that a Sandcrawler would be AWESOME!

Geonosian
08-15-2002, 12:57 AM
Yep, so will the Orray.