PDA

View Full Version : New Jango Pilot no HELMET?!?! what the F...

BillyJAck
08-05-2002, 11:42 AM
I just saw this figure. I cannot belive hasbro would not give this figure a removable helmet!!. I've seen loose and carded pictures and NO HELMET this is plain OLE STUPID it really is. I just hope that when Kamino Jango goes on clearence his helmet will fit...

billy

and yes i know its scene specific but this is absurd he should have a helmet reguardless!! bad move hasbro.

LTBasker
08-05-2002, 11:48 AM
Well for one the helmet wouldn't of been able to fit unless you wanted it to look like they had converted over to Bobbleheads, and two it's scene specific. :p And three they couldn't afford after they waste the budget on the mechanisms for the poodoo gimmick.

They gave him working holsters though.

Beast
08-05-2002, 11:57 AM
Exactly what LTBasker said, other then the so-called poodoo gimmick. The figure is screen specific BillyJack. Jango never had his helmet on when he was piloting his Slave 1. He had the headset, just like what is shown on the figure.

Serious it's a silly thing to complain about. We already have a removable helmet Jango, we needed a pilot version. That's what this is. And the working holsters are an excellent touch. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
08-05-2002, 12:03 PM
I was going to add exactly what the two of you added. I took a really good look at the pics from ComicCon and really do like this figure... inspite of the gimmick. The head sculpt looks pretty good and it certainly DOES look like Jango when he's piloting the SLAVE I. Enough with the removable helmets.

BillyJAck
08-05-2002, 12:19 PM
I don't even know why i posted i'm 99% out of buying anything new thats star wars..i won't be buying anything but ephant mon. thank god for my vintage kenner stuff.

billy

DarthBrandon
08-05-2002, 12:23 PM
I won't be buying this figure just for sake earmuffs, waste of money in my opinion. I have way too many Jango's as it is and if I need one for a pilot figure, then I'll customize one out of the guys I have.:)

Beast
08-05-2002, 12:23 PM
I don't know why you posted either, since 99% of your posts are negative, filled with complaining about somthing silly. Enjoy Ephant Mon, if that is all you're getting then more Jango's for the people that want them. Just buy what you like, no need to complain about things you don't like. Just don't buy it, and leave it for someone that does want it. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
08-05-2002, 12:28 PM
Let's not provoke any outbursts here... :(

BillyJAck
08-05-2002, 12:30 PM
JarJar please shut off the commentary my post aren't negative always I think you should do a check since you have time on your hands. I POSTED IT cause i wanted the figure to come with the HELMET. I hate scene specific figures. I mean this figure is only good to pilot slave one thats it. If he had a helmet you could have used him for anything. I don't remember him having his rocket pack in the scene or his blasters unholtsered. Well you win i'm not going to debate this.. IMO he should have a helmet. In your opinion thats it.

hango fett
08-05-2002, 12:30 PM
yes...please don't gripe around saying it's a waste, because i am starting to like it more and more every time i look at it. you don't have to like it, but don't rave on about how terrible it is.
h.
edit: oh, and if you want a helmet for it, just get the geo battle accessory set!

BillyJAck
08-05-2002, 12:32 PM
and I love the look of this figure its a nice neutral pose and the bendable knees... just no helmet :(

JEDIpartner
08-05-2002, 12:35 PM
...but if he had the helmet- HIS HEAD would be TOO SMALL! :(

...and I don't think that his headset was worn under his helmet anyhow. I think he wore one or the other, but not both.

brentfett
08-05-2002, 12:38 PM
Besides, if you slap a helmet on this figure, he's no different than the three other Jango figures they have out already. I do agree with you though, in the sense that he should have come with something else.

Beast
08-05-2002, 12:42 PM
I don't think he did either JediPartnr. I think he came into the Slave 1, pulled off his helmet and slapped his headset on. I much prefer that his head is the proper size, then him having a pinhead to accomidate a helmet. Or the helmet being huge, to accomidate his normal sized head. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
08-05-2002, 12:43 PM
The helmet that comes with KidBoba should fit this new Jango.

I actually disagree with JarJar, JediPartnr and LTBasker on this one.:eek: I also think this figure should feature a removable helmet. How much more effort would it have taken to add one in? Oh well, as they said, it's scene specific. As much as many of us hate this new trend, we seem to be in the minority here. Whatever happened to getting it right the first time? All we needed was one well-made, highly-articulated, neutrally posed Jango Fett. But that's just not Hasbro's way nowadays.

In any case, I'm just crying over spilled milk here. There really is nothing to be done about it now. I will still buy it, cuz I like the face and I already have the other three Jango releases. So I don't really need another helmeted version, but Hasbro has taken this scene specific thing way too far, IMO.

brentfett
08-05-2002, 12:47 PM
Thats how I always felt about Darth Maul. That they could have made one well thought out Maul instead of the 50 they did make. I really hope Jango does not become re-sculpt city like Maul has been. I don't want the same gag reflex for Jango like when I look at Darth Maul now.

Chiesa
08-05-2002, 01:13 PM
Well I think the new Jango looks just great!! Infact I don't see whats the big deal... Like they say its scene specific... If they had added a removable helmet it would prob be alittle too big as it has to accomodate the headset he is wearing and the complains would still flood in... I guess if there is a scene specific figure to complain about... That definitely has to be the mace windu... I never liked him with his eyes closed!!?? :confused:

Cheers :D

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-05-2002, 01:23 PM
Maybe I got a bad one . . . but the Boba I got on Friday had a normal-sized helmet, in fact it was smaller than KE Jango's helmet! What's everybody talking about, Boba having a giant helmet?

Lord Tenebrous
08-05-2002, 01:36 PM
Mace is the figure messing up the scene I want to do, the TPM version will stand in for now. :)

JEDIpartner
08-05-2002, 01:52 PM
Well... I DO have to agree with Barada that the Scene Specific thing has gone too far. If we had, I dunno... just THREE Jangos... I'd be happy. One with a removable headset and removable helmet, decapitated version and pyjama version... that's all we would have needed. Instead... we have like five?

Jargo
08-05-2002, 02:17 PM
THRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRpp!!

Jango shmango. It's not even a warranted resculpt considering how little they used him in the movie. he's taking up case room where they could have added in a character we don't already have.

JEDIpartner
08-05-2002, 02:19 PM
Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... :Pirate:

Hahahaha... at least they didn't resculpt Dex as "Dexter Jettster: Pulling up pants" or a second Taun We...! :p

Like I said... three proper Jangos would have been plenty.

evenflow
08-05-2002, 02:37 PM
i actually think that this is kind of a cool figure. i am looking forward to it.

Darth Evil
08-05-2002, 02:54 PM
I'm not sure about another Jango, we really need another Dooku and Mace. Still, this will probably be the last Jango we see for a while...I might be tempting fate here...

Jargo
08-05-2002, 03:03 PM
*And as Darth Evil spoke, the evil hasbro fairies were hard at work on jango resculpt #55 - Jango Fett: beach house vacation, limited edition only fifty produced and all numbered and signed by the sculptors second cousin's wife's Mother, exclusive to a small family toyshop in Austria......*

Darth Marra 54
08-05-2002, 03:09 PM
The more Jango's the better all that have been made so far have been awsome!

Lord Tenebrous
08-05-2002, 03:25 PM
Well, 'Ultimate' Jango is kinda like Barbie with attitude, so maybe there's a Bounty Hunter Tea Party set coming... :D

And I accidentally uploaded the scrapbook image earlier, I meant to include the one from the storybook:

aceguide
08-05-2002, 04:01 PM
I personally don't see the need for a helmet. It's not like you can see what's underneath it once its on. Furthermore, the KE Jango has the problem of the neck showing when the helmet is on.

I like the looks of this figure and have been waiting to get Slave 1 until now.

thespar
08-05-2002, 04:40 PM
it might have been insenting to see if they could have made the headset removed. but i have no compilants about as long as it looks good carded.

hango fett
08-05-2002, 05:32 PM
then i guess it will be a good fig....but we still ahve to see what the gimmik does to the poses, etc...
h.

DarthBrandon
08-05-2002, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
The helmet that comes with KidBoba should fit this new Jango.

I have to disagree BigBarada, the helmet will not fit Jango, I took my DeathStar Trooper that has the same earmuffs, and tried to put on the kid Boba's helmet and it would not fit. The head molds are almost identical in size so that tells me it won't work. Just thought I'd let you know. :)

The True Maul
08-05-2002, 09:28 PM
The helmets all won't fit but it still looks like a good figure!! :)

Forhekset
08-05-2002, 10:13 PM
And why exactly should this fig come with a helmet? Just to give him more "stuff"? Bollocks. I'll take less accessories for a better-quality figure any day, and the quality of this one is top-notch. No need to complain here...move along. These aren't the complaints you're looking for....etc. Heck, even the quick-draw gimmick probably won't mess up this figure. That's how good it is.

bigbarada
08-05-2002, 10:31 PM
Originally posted by brandon

I have to disagree BigBarada, the helmet will not fit Jango, I took my DeathStar Trooper that has the same earmuffs, and tried to put on the kid Boba's helmet and it would not fit. The head molds are almost identical in size so that tells me it won't work. Just thought I'd let you know. :)

Oh well, it was just a thought, thanks for checking.:cool:

My gripe isn't so much with this particular Jango which I really like, it's more with the scene specific trend in general but that's a topic for another thread.

Now I guess all we need is the Pajama Party Jango and we'll be all set.:)

Oh yeah, I meant to ask, the Jedi Starfighter is getting rereleased with Pilot Obi-Wan as a pack in. Will that happen with Pilot Jango and the Slave 1 too?

LTBasker
08-05-2002, 10:46 PM
Oh yeah, I meant to ask, the Jedi Starfighter is getting rereleased with Pilot Obi-Wan as a pack in. Will that happen with Pilot Jango and the Slave 1 too?

Most likely.. That would be a cool set if done right I think. Hope it's a window box just like the Jedi Starfighter w/ Obi. One thing I really want to know is if they're gonna do that with the Pilots and the Gunship too.

Forhekset
08-05-2002, 10:51 PM
Hey bigB, I guess you were being sarcastic, but I actually want a Jango figure with his "Kamino apartment" duds. I think it would be kinda cool actually....I don't want to see Jango go the way of Darth Maul as far as resculpts or anything, and the scene-specific stuff does bother me now and then, but I still think this Pilot fig is cool.

thespar
08-05-2002, 10:52 PM
hard to tell hasbro could do anything that they what with the figure but we will problemly see a slave1 and jango long before we see a gunship and pilot.

bigbarada
08-05-2002, 11:37 PM
Actually, I was only being partially sarcastic. I would love to see a Jango Fett in his jammies figure!:cool: After that, though, no more for a while, we don't want to have another Darth Maul on our hands.

DarthBrandon
08-06-2002, 12:00 AM
Actually, I was only being partially sarcastic. I would love to see a Jango Fett in his jammies figure!:cool: After that, though, no more for a while, we don't want to have another Darth Maul on our hands.

A Jango in his jammies would be pretty cool, and the pack in could be his armor in pieces like it was in the apartment.:)

Old Fossil
08-06-2002, 01:15 AM
If they do a Jammies Jango, then they should do a Lounge Maul, with black silk robe, red slippers, and martini, with 'cigarette ash-flicking action' and a microchip that plays 'You're Nobody 'Till Somebody Loves You.'

Sorry. Long day.

Jargo
08-06-2002, 08:21 AM
I'm loving your work....... ;)

Jango in his jammies would be cool, Just take the armor pieces from the deluxe jango and you have the armor you seek. :) Actually I think they should redo the armor pices so it's better sized and more film true.

I like this Jango, neutral pose and all, excellent head sculpt. It's just the gimmick........ BTW, anyone noticed if the holsters can take the guns?

Darth Vellner
08-06-2002, 12:38 PM
MORE FIGURES = More Money for HasbrO
Duh!!!!!
They could of should of made Jango Fett with; Removable Headset & Hetmet- working Holsters-main Missile-firing Jetpack & extra Jetpack- firing Grappling hook,Flame firing Gauntlet-Removeable Head- Bendable Knees- Removable Armor and they could of thrown in Boba Fett as well...but, that will not bring home the bacon.
So they include ONE feature (of the above )with each "new and exciting" figure. more figures = more money....

I thought we all knew this by now! JUST GET WHAT YOU WANT!!!!

AND, don't complain about the stuff you do not want*...

*someone else could love it, and you could hurt there feelings......you don't want that....do you????????Money