PDA

View Full Version : Are womp rats in ANH?

JON9000
08-05-2002, 11:04 AM
Several times I have heard those little things outside Mos Eisley referred to as Womp rats in the forums? Is this true? I know that Womp rats grow to over 2 meters because Luke used "bullseye" them in his t-16. Were those baby Womp Rats in the movie?

Beast
08-05-2002, 11:13 AM
Nope, those lil creatures seen outside of Mos Eisley are called "Scurriers".

http://starwars.com/databank/creature/scurrier/index.html

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-05-2002, 01:04 PM
And . . . where exactly are they in AOTC?
There's those kangaroo-like creatures, but those ain't no scurriers.

Darth Marra 54
08-05-2002, 02:33 PM
I'm pretty sure they apear some where on screen in Mos EISLEY

Pendo
08-05-2002, 05:26 PM
Aren't they seen by Padmé and Anakin's ship at the homestead?

PENDO!

JON9000
08-06-2002, 01:42 AM
Those would have to be the scurriers that Jar Jar mentioned. I do not think we have seen Womp Rats- they are roughly the same size as Chewbacca.

Exhaust Port
08-06-2002, 10:34 AM
Something that size isn't nearly impressive a target as Luke makes it sound like. I always imagined them to be smaller like those Scurriers.

Jek Porky 2002
08-06-2002, 03:46 PM
I completely agree, it'd be way more impressive if he could bulseye those little things. If Womp Rats are that big that'd be like someone going out with a shot gun and killing cows or something, imagine the mess in beggers canyon when he's gone back home.

Pendo
08-06-2002, 04:09 PM
I think it is pretty impressive bullseyeing them in his T-16. Do you have any idea how fast he will be traveling in it, to bulleseye something only 2 metres tall (without computer aid?) is quite impressive. Also I don't even think he was saying it to try and sound impressive, only to prove that it's not impossible to hit something 2 metres wide.

PENDO!

JON9000
08-10-2002, 04:48 PM
Ah yes- someone from the UK who realises how long a metre truly is! I think lack of familiarity with the metric system in the US is probably the source of the confusion. We do not use it here, even though they use it in a galalxy far, far away.

Jek Porky 2002
08-10-2002, 05:16 PM
We don't use it here either, but being as we're taught it at school, we have a general idea of what a meter is!

But I will always be 5ft 10ins(unless I grow of course, but the ft and ins will remain the same) and 12 stone, unless (I put on wieght of course, you've got the idea though!)

The metric system is the tool of the Devil, I still get 40 rods to the hogs head and I don't no one complaining!

JON9000
08-10-2002, 07:32 PM
And here all this time I thought the Euro was the tool of the devil! BTW- I had the pleasure of taking a 2 week trip to London- loved it!

Jek Porky 2002
08-11-2002, 07:55 AM
JON9000, when you say you are from the West Coast, where's that, is it the American West Coast?

Anyway, I had the "pleasure" of going to London a couple of years back, and quite frankly I was embarresed, it's so dirty, and it might be big distance wise, but it's flat, not like the big cities in America, we've only got Canary Warf tower here, but it's not the size I was dissapointed with, it was just the atmosphere there, it didn't seem friendly, and was really dirty, when I see pictures of places like New York, LA, Seattle, Miami, and even places like Sydney in Australia, I think, why can't there be somewhere like that in England!

JON9000
08-11-2002, 02:15 PM
I live on the East Coast of the U.S. I am in North Carolina right now but I will be living in Florida on the Gulf of Mexico shortly. You're right, London has areas that are a bit shabby, but that's to be expected because the city is so old. I was staying near the Royal Free Hospital near Hampstead Heath and it was fairly nice. Also, I have never dealt with public transportation that good.

Many cities in the US underwent a massive renewal throughout the 90's due to the economic boom. Miami was a very seedy place in the 80's but it looks great now. New York can still be very grimy in places. I've never been to LA, but the city I am most impressed with as far as asthetic beauty is without a doubt San Francisco.

Jek Porky 2002
08-11-2002, 02:39 PM
Yes, San Fransisco does look beutifull, I was meant to put that above as one of my nicest looking cities, but forgot.