PDA

View Full Version : What did you LIKE about the SE additions?

tagmac
08-05-2002, 05:13 PM
- The Jabba the Hutt scene
- The final battle in ANH
- The new Wampa footage
- The CG additions to Cloud City - made the place look more alive & vibrant and less cold & static
- The Death Star explosion in ROTJ

The best addition.....definitely the new ending and music in ROTJ. The original "Yub Yub song" ending is nice for nostalgia, but the new version connects very nicely with the prequels, and the music is just 100% better.

Pendo
08-05-2002, 05:33 PM
Battle of Yavin and new planet and DS explosions. That's about it! I would say the Biggs footage before BOY but it doesn't make much sense without the Luke & Biggs scene on Tatooine so I'll miss that one out.

PENDO!

JON9000
08-05-2002, 08:14 PM
ANH
the new effects at the battle of Yavin
The Ships rising out of hangers (Falcon in Mos Eisley, X-wings on Yavin) instead of being little dota of light.
I like the Jabba scene and Baba Fett showing up

EMPIRE
The shot of the Wampa
Lando's announcement going out to Cloud City

ROTJ- I think the Coruscant scene will be important now to tie back to the prequel trilogy.

MikeAndTheBots
08-05-2002, 11:01 PM
ANH
Improved BOY
Aldeeran blowing up
Jabba (Everyone says he looks like erm poop but I don't mind it)

ESB
New Cloud City stuff
New wampa stuff
fixed the transparent Snowspeeders

ROTJ
DS explosion
New song at the end
new sarlacc pit
Various celebrations around the galaxy

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
08-06-2002, 01:23 AM
ANH- Mos Eisley's expansion
ESB- Cloud City's new look
ROTJ- Celebration on Coruscant

scruffziller
08-06-2002, 04:52 AM
The new Mos Eisley scene with the Jawa falling off the Ronto:D

Exhaust Port
08-06-2002, 10:10 AM
I liked the over cleaning up they did of some of the older special effects. Now the movies don't look quite as dated as they once did and ANH seems on par with ROTJ and not light years behind it.

TIE Pilot
08-06-2002, 04:06 PM
ANH: One of the scenes I absolutely love is the Falcon taking off from Mos Eisley.

ESB: When the Falcon flies through Cloud City, that was a treat for the eyes.

ROTJ: The Ewok celebration music. Ever since '83 the "Yub Yub" song really made me cringe. But now, with the new score.. I find the ending much more moving.

Starfig873
08-08-2002, 05:32 PM
The new explosion from the Death Star in both ANH and ROTJ. The new musical number in ROTJ, the new end scene + music of ROTJ.

jjreason
08-11-2002, 02:22 AM
I have to agree with the Wampa scene in ESB - though Ive watched the untouched version lately and it's just as scary - and especially the end of ROTJ. That score is very emotional. The reunion of Luke with Leia and Han is perfect, the music kind of pauses then goes again when they embrace. Goosebumps for sure. I always felt proud of them, stupid I know, but even (and especially) Lando and Wedge who are also shown on Endor. Again, the music fits the scene very well. I also like the linking effect the off-Endor celebrations have with the new films.
All in all, the Special Editions are superior to the originals in every way but two - I don't love Joh Yowza, and (of course) Han shot first.

LTBasker
08-11-2002, 09:04 AM
ANH:
-Jawa falling off of Ronto, though the CGI needs to be cleaned up. It just seemed to give a little more life to Mos Eisley.
-Falcon taking off, although they need to redo this scene and make it less slower.
-Biggs scene, actually no complaints here about it, it was a key part of the movie and another reason why they should've added the Tatooine Biggs scene.

ESB:
-More scenes of the Wampa, although they need to go over the original footage to make it more on-par with the other footage.
-Falcon flying through Cloud City, they need to rework it and make it alot less glossy.
-The added windows and such of Cloud City during the hallway walks.

ROTJ:
-Extended Jabba scenes, but they need to rework the CGI ALOT.
-Coruscant Celebrating, I can do without Tatooine celebrating and they need to change the song back, it fit in more with the Ewok celebration.

TPM: (The DVD really isn't a special edition, but technically it was since they added they added some scenes in the movie to only the DVD)
-Extended Podrace pieces, but they needed to keep the part in where Anakin destroys the scanvenger droid.
-Coruscant Taxi scene, but it needs shortening on the last parts of it but I don't see why he added this and not the waterfall sequence. :crazed:

hayden's_hunnie
08-11-2002, 12:25 PM
the musical number in jabba's palace

Darth Marra 54
08-11-2002, 04:39 PM
Added Jabba scene in Star Wars
Jabba musical in ROTJ
New ROTJ ending
Added Mos Esiley footage