PDA

View Full Version : about the CT dot "errors"

Anakin
08-06-2002, 02:17 AM
maybe it's not an error at all, maybe it's to indicate rank among them, (just throwing ideas out there) so if more and more people start seeing this "error" then maybe it's not an error at all but a rank indicator

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
08-06-2002, 02:29 AM
If I'm not mistaken, ranks are indicated by colors, not dots. That's a creative thought, though.

DarthBrandon
08-12-2002, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by Anakin
maybe it's not an error at all, maybe it's to indicate rank among them, (just throwing ideas out there) so if more and more people start seeing this "error" then maybe it's not an error at all but a rank indicator

These so called errors are nothing but paint mistakes that do nothing to show rank at all. Rank is determined by the color of their uniform. :D

The ranks go something like this:

White: Infantry
Yellow: Commander and Pilots
Red: Captain
Green: Sergeant
Blue: Lieutenant

rynobot
08-12-2002, 03:58 PM
Uh, of course they are paint errors Brandon, but guess what they are interesting ones. I have a Clonetropper with the extra dot under the first row. I bought it for that reason, it had an extra dot. They are errors, that is what a paint mistake is. Maybe you should read the thread that stuck up top.

DarthBrandon
08-12-2002, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by rynobot
Uh, of course they are paint errors Brandon, but guess what they are interesting ones. I have a Clonetropper with the extra dot under the first row. I bought it for that reason, it had an extra dot. They are errors, that is what a paint mistake is. Maybe you should read the thread that stuck up top.

Did you not read the first line of my post? (These so called errors are nothing but paint mistakes that do nothing to show rank at all. Rank is determined by the color of their uniform.) Paint mistakes, errors, Variations, or whatever you want to call them, have no bearing on rank.

This is what he was saying.

Maybe it's not an error at all, maybe it's to indicate rank among them, (just throwing ideas out there) so if more and more people start seeing this "error" then maybe it's not an error at all but a rank indicator

He was implying that the dot errors/variations/mistakes could be a rank indicator. And that my friend is what I was replying to.:D

rynobot
08-13-2002, 02:21 AM
Brandon yes I read your post, and I know the dots do not signfy rank. Paint mistakes are errors, what don't you understand about that. I never said once that the extra dot says that the clone trooper has a higher rank.

DarthBrandon
08-13-2002, 12:56 PM
Brandon yes I read your post, and I know the dots do not signfy rank. Paint mistakes are errors, what don't you understand about that.

What the (hell) are you talking about anyways, the issue here is not if these are errors, but do they signify rank. Just because I called them so called errors? This is why you keep pushing the point. Listen man, in my opinion I do not consider a paint mistake the size of a pin, a true error. If the figure came with an extra finger or something like that, then I would consider that an error. If you want to get technical rynobot, all the action figures that Hasbro produces have these so called errors, because no one figure is painted exactly a like. You may say what you like, but the simple fact of the matter is, you will not change my opinion on what I consider an error is or not.:D

P.S. Why are you replying to this thread anyways? Just to argue what an error is? This thread was to determine whether the dots meant (RANK) or not. And that's just what I am doing. I grow tired of replying to the same stuff over and over again that has no bearing on the issue at hand. I'm out!:zzz: :)Here's your complementary JarJarBinks figure and a roll of duct tape to shut you up, if I feel it needs to be done. LOL

rynobot
08-13-2002, 03:43 PM
why the attitude?

DarthBrandon
08-13-2002, 05:33 PM
why the attitude?

Because I'm having a bad day and I want to take it out on you. Just kidding :D The last part was a joke, I guess you didn't find it funny.:D Sorry if I offended you.

rynobot
08-13-2002, 06:03 PM
the thought of being given another Jar Jar figure is offending. :)

DarthBrandon
08-13-2002, 06:37 PM
At least it's not another POTJ JarJar figure. It was going to be a Saga version, now it's just an empty basket with duct tape. LOL:D

rynobot
08-13-2002, 09:46 PM
well, I'll take a Swimming Jar MOMC.:)

DarthBrandon
08-13-2002, 09:49 PM
If I had one I'd gladly give it to you. I can't stand JarJar figures in the least.:)

Anakin
08-14-2002, 01:20 AM
two red CT's get into an argument what to do in the heat of battle and can't contact their superiors, so maybe the dots are signifying: "if something happens to the commander you become in charge, after you is this guys..." and so on and so forth, because the dots are placed neatly above/below the whit space between two other dots, i don't think it's an error

rynobot
08-14-2002, 01:23 AM
it just a little paint that was lucky to find its spot near the other dots. I aso have an HD Anakin with a mole on his cheek.

DarthBrandon
08-14-2002, 01:52 AM
two red CT's get into an argument what to do in the heat of battle and can't contact their superiors, so maybe the dots are signifying: "if something happens to the commander you become in charge, after you is this guys..." and so on and so forth, because the dots are placed neatly above/below the whit space between two other dots, i don't think it's an error

I don't think it's an error either, just a paint mistake not worthy of being called an error. No one figure is painted a like with any of them. My opinion of an error is different from others, I tend to think that true errors are something like a figure having an extra finger or something else added to their mold other than paint blemishes. Example: If Bespin Luke came with two gun holsters, then that I would consider an error. If he comes with a magnet hand and then a peg hand, then I consider that to be a variation. Little paint mistakes are far too common to call them true errors, many will disagree with me on this, but it's only my opinion, not theirs.

The dots on the Clone Trooper are just paint mistakes; we have the rank system in the color of the clones. White, Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow. When you watch the movie you hear Yoda say to the Yellow Clone Trooper " Commander focus all fire power on the nearest ship", something to that effect.:D

White: Infantry
Yellow: Commander and Pilots
Red: Captain
Green: Sergeant
Blue: Lieutenant