PDA

View Full Version : Target Scout Trooper vs. POTJ Scout Trooper

CrunchyNug
08-06-2002, 03:14 AM
Has anyone else noticed that the Scout Trooper from the Target Accessory Pack has his groin area on backwards? It's almost as if someone turned his waist around 180 degrees, and THEN put the legs on. I just scored my Endor set this morning and it's not an error because all the ones I've seen are the same way. Compare him to a POTJ Scout Trooper and you'll see what I mean.

Target - http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=swsaga/saga-endoracc_scout.jpg

POTJ - http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=potj/potj-bikerscout_front.jpg

Beast
08-06-2002, 05:00 AM
I noticed this along time ago, when pictures of the figure started surfacing. Well, technically it is an error. It's just a widespread error. I doubt they are going to correct it though, since they probably already have all of them on cards and shipping.

You could always boil and pop the legs off, and switch them after you turn the waist. Or he can be the spaz-trooper that put his groin armor on backwards. I'm sure ToyFare is already thinking around those lines. :crazed: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
08-06-2002, 07:41 AM
Now we know what the Ewok was refering to when it said "Oochy wawa!" :sur:

Maybe later versions will be corrected, then again maybe not. Granted it's not that noticeable, but maybe they were trying to come up with a way to make it look different than the POTJ Scouts.

When the eBay scum get word of this they'll be posting "error" and "rare variant" auctions like crazy. :rolleyes:

Forhekset
08-06-2002, 08:50 AM
Hm, I hadn't noticed that before. Well, I guess at least it makes the troopers look slightly different...although they could have done a really good thing and made this Scout Trooper a clean version.

JEDIpartner
08-06-2002, 09:01 AM
I hope I can find this one this week! I've got the Arena and Hoth ones (courtesy of Jedi Drew) but still need the other two. I've been going to Target every morning as they are supposed to be resetting their toy department this week.

-JediMaster-Yoda-
08-06-2002, 09:03 AM
I dont even own a accessory set yet

thespar
08-06-2002, 11:02 AM
i have even begon to look for them yet but i will start this week-end.

Turbowars
09-02-2002, 01:53 PM
Well I have seen about 10 sets and Hasblow still has not corrected the mistake.

187-Maul
09-02-2002, 04:09 PM
BTW has anyone noticed that on the cardback of captain typho on the pics his "skirt" and belt are also turned 180 degrees? probably old news but I just recently noticed

jedi_uk73
09-02-2002, 04:16 PM
You can guarantee that some person will put them on Ebay, with the title 'RARE VARIATION BACKWARDS PANTS' or something along the lines of that. Even if Hasbro never correct the error.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
09-02-2002, 07:35 PM
I got the clean Biker Scout, not the dirty one. I wasn't even aware at the time it was so rare - I never even saw a dirty one on the POTJ card!

Beast
09-02-2002, 07:40 PM
Of course there is always the chance that Hasbro did it on purpose to make the figure different then the POTJ release. It's a slim possibility, but a possibility none the less. After all, all the other figures differ somewhat from their original versions, except the Death Star Trooper, though his legs are made out of the newer softer plastic. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
09-02-2002, 08:10 PM
Geez, how crappy is that? If Hasbro really wanted him to be that different from the POTJ release, why not spray the dirt on in a different pattern?:stupid:

Jargo
09-02-2002, 08:12 PM
It's just bad information from Hasbro reps to the Chinese factories. They probably weren't instructed properly in how to put the figure together.

So, those who have the trooper (I'm getting mine some time this month apparently) are the paint splats the same or heavier, I hate the paint splats. It wouldn't have been so bad if they weren't just round splats, if they'd been streaks maybe it wouldn't have mattered.
Oh well, I'm only really interested in the accesories. I scored six dirty biker scouts a while back. Don't really need a spaz trooper but I guess he could be the divvy that the Ewoks are bashing hell out of in my little display/play scene.
Now, if we could just get a proper imperial officer in a grey uniform............

BB, are you reading my messages before I post them or what? :crazed:

bigbarada
09-02-2002, 08:39 PM
I have two clean biker scouts. I had picked up several dirty ones; but was disgusted with them and gave them all to my nephews.

Of all the sets, though, this is the only one I really want, if for no other reason than to get Teebo's drumsticks and the xylophone.:)

Have I been reading your mind?:evil: Well....BWAAHHHAHHAAHHHAAAHHAA!!!!!!:evil::evil:

umm, no, not really.:stupid:

Jargo
09-02-2002, 08:54 PM
Geeeet ooooouta myyyy heeeeeeadddd!!!!!!! :crazed:

Um, yeah the xylophone was what did it for me. I ordered the sets - all four - and I was beginning to think I wasn't going to get them but i e-mailed my source and nicely they'd held off shipping until they could ship my order of the cantina sets also. So just one shipping charge on the two orders, cool. Nice people are out there. :) Anyways, I wanted the xylophone and the helmets. The death star set doesn't interest me anymore but the trooper will be going into the Endor scene. The Hoth set is so-so, a dull background filler trooper. The Battle droid is another good one despite having that darned lever in his back still. But the Endor set is definately the best.

I got the clean scout trooper too. Found three of them and count myself very lucky. I'd kill for three more though, I like to buy troopers in sixes for some reason. It's like if I don't have six it's all wrong. I have no idea why six is such a significant number but there you go and where are you.....

plo koon 200
09-03-2002, 05:16 PM
I found five clean Scouts. One and then 4 the next day at a K-marts. I have also seen a zillion dirty ones but they went buy pretty quick. I just bought a couple I think the best one is the clean one but I love the new backwards one accesory.

Darth Sidious
09-03-2002, 08:41 PM
I wish I could find the Accessory sets...I have never even seen one. My Target sucks. They haven't even gotten Bespin Luke/Vader yet. But that is strange...Maybe he had too much spice or something.

CrunchyNug
09-04-2002, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
So, those who have the trooper (I'm getting mine some time this month apparently) are the paint splats the same or heavier, I hate the paint splats. It wouldn't have been so bad if they weren't just round splats, if they'd been streaks maybe it wouldn't have mattered.

Jargo,

I was just comparing mine, and it's sad to say that the "paint splats" as you call them, are quite similar, and yet a little different as well. First of all, they're all in the same exact locations on both versions. But my POTJ Trooper has a heavier dose of paint, making them look very much like big splats. The Target Trooper, however, has the dirt, but it appears to be a little less "spotty" and more dirty, so to speak.

These are my opinions, by the way, and I'm sure, as we all know, that each figure can vary tremendously from one to the next. But I think you'll be happy. The xylophone makes it ALL worth it!!! :D

Jargo
09-06-2002, 06:40 PM
Cool, thanks for the info. :)

corporal AMF
09-07-2002, 05:30 PM
I bought 4 clean scouts last year from EEarth....but you can easily convert a dirty by cleaning the spotches with acetone (very carefully)