PDA

View Full Version : are they gonna kill shimi off??

ki-adi mundi's bro
10-17-2001, 05:20 PM
god, i hope not! that would make this movie seem like one of the originals! (what i mean is that he would divert alot quicker to the dark side(in my opinion)

if so...then god help us on the 3rd movie...

bigbarada
10-17-2001, 08:17 PM
Pretty much every leaked plotline I have read has mentioned Shmi dying in Ep2 and it having a profound effect on Anakin. I think Anakin will blame the Council for her death, since apparently they never let him visit her in the ten years he was gone.

master jedi
10-17-2001, 08:31 PM
I''ve heard she dies. I've heard 2 things. Either she gets killed by some tusken raiders or the sith (sidious/palpatine and/or dooku/tyranous) make it look like tusken raiders killed her.

Fulit
10-17-2001, 08:49 PM
Yep, she bites it, and master jedi is right, palpatine makes it look like the Tusken's did it, but I'll give you three guesses who he sends to do the job..........

ki-adi mundi's bro
10-17-2001, 08:56 PM
boy the 3rd moive will be brutal in the fact of anikan going and killing all the remaining jedi...

bigbarada
10-17-2001, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by ki-adi mundi's bro
boy the 3rd moive will be brutal in the fact of anikan going and killing all the remaining jedi...

That's the general idea.

Co Jo-Da
10-17-2001, 11:32 PM
Either Tusken Raiders, Aurra Sing or another Bounty Hunter will kill her about half way through the film...

GNT
10-18-2001, 02:34 AM
Originally posted by Co Jo-Da
Either Tusken Raiders, Aurra Sing or another Bounty Hunter will kill her about half way through the film...

Aurra Sing isn't in the film :)

Co Jo-Da
10-18-2001, 10:49 PM
Or OTHER BOUNTY HUNERS...

Rollo Tomassi
10-19-2001, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by ki-adi mundi's bro

You will never, ever see the Jedi Purge onscreen. It happens after the twins are born and it works better if it's implied rather than actually shown. Sorry. Never gonna happen.

Co Jo-Da
10-20-2001, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by Fulit
Yep, she bites it, and master jedi is right, palpatine makes it look like the Tusken's did it, but I'll give you three guesses who he sends to do the job..........

Many other sources are saying the same...I just can't wait to see this movie...

evenflow
10-20-2001, 01:18 PM
She's a goner. :)

bigbarada
10-20-2001, 03:08 PM
Actually, I think I misread the title of this post. We all know Shmi is wormfood. However, Shimi I'm not too sure about, in fact I've never even heard of her until this moment. Can you enlighten us, KAM's bro?;) :p :D

Jargo
10-20-2001, 03:09 PM
I can't see the point of going to the trouble to design and film a tusken camp if the tuskens don't do it. Using the tuskens is a way of showing more clearly what a barren wasteland Tatooine really is. All the background to Tatooine is there to show how the settlers are like frontiersmen and the tuskens being indiginous feel resentful of these interlopers laying claim to their rightful land.
The tuskens are known to attack local farmers and homesteads so if they come across a farmers wife picking herbs in the desert on their holy land they're gonna be a little ****ed and make the farmers wife pay for her actions.
Aurra Sing was a nice two second touch in TPM but really the only reason she became such a cult hero is because she's hot totty in a red catsuit. I'd be very surprised if they used her again. And using Palpatine as the hand behind an assasination by Sing is just too obvious. It would detract from the human tragedy that leads Anakin to lose faith in his training. Much better to show him venting his anger in a more honest and straightforward way without any background complications and subplot.
There's enough going on with Palpatine in the shadows of the galaxy, orchestrating the clone army and pulling strings in senate business etc. anything else would just be over egging the pudding IMO.
And if Cliegg Lars is in his chair because the tuskens are particularly violent in that area, he having been attacked previously or escaped the attack while Shmi didn't....... Could Shmi be held captive by the tuskens ala an old cowboys and indians movie? Lucas does draw from those movies when seeking inspiration for the Tatooine way of life.
I'm not really taking anything as read with this plot point, prefering to simply explore possibilities. We might get a clue when the trailers hit next month. It is after all one of the biggest plot points as far as Anakin goes.

ki-adi mundi's bro
10-29-2001, 07:27 AM
youre right emperor jagro...to a point...

The 'Xir
11-02-2001, 01:02 AM
Put a fork in her! :eek:

Wolfwood319
11-05-2001, 03:57 AM
Actually I heard we will get to see the Jedi's purged. I read an article some time ago, right around initial shooting began for AOTC, and he said that we are going to see Darth Vader and the end of the Jedi in E3, of course he could mean that metaphorically or something, I don't know.

bigbarada
11-05-2001, 10:03 AM
When James Earl Jones asked GL is he'd be needed for the prequels, GL told him, "Maybe the last five minutes of Episode 3."

So I think we will see Darth Vader at least near the end of Ep3.