PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Pepper Red Fusion & Mr, Green

master jedi
08-06-2002, 11:46 AM
Has anybody tried either Dr. Pepper Red Fusion or Mr. Green sodas?

They're pretty good. To me Red Fusion tastes exactly like normal Dr. Pepper but with a cherry after taste. And Yes it is red.
Mr. Green tasted like Mr. Pibb but with more sugar added. No it is not green it black.

rynobot
08-06-2002, 11:47 AM
Red Fusion, I hated it.

LTBasker
08-06-2002, 12:01 PM
Haven't tried them. I've been wanting to try Red Fusion, but dunno. I haven't heard that many complaints about it. :cool:

icatch9
08-06-2002, 01:15 PM
I love red fusion. I bought a case of it the day I saw it. Dr. P is probally my favoite pop, and I love cherry flavored stuff. So, it was a perfect marrage for me :D. I haven't tried Mr. Green yet, but it sounds interesting:eek:. What flavor is Mr Green?

SWAFMAN
08-06-2002, 01:16 PM
the red fusion is popular in my household. i tried a couple sips and agree with MJ, that it tastes to me pretty much just like regular Dr. Pepper. Never heard of the green stuff.

Grif
08-06-2002, 02:42 PM
Red Fusion and Dr. Pepper are exactly alike... except for the RED part.

And Mr. Green? I haven't even heard of that. I will have to check it out.

stormie
08-06-2002, 03:37 PM
What IS the deal with all these new sodas? It seems like we didn't have a new soda for like 20 years, then BAM!--twenty new sodas hit the market. I haven't tried many of the new ones just because I'm hesitant to buy something if I have NO IDEA how it will taste. Clear Pepsi? Blue Pepsi? Red Fusion? Code Red? Mr. Green? etc. Uh, that gives me a fairly good idea what it will look like (except, I guess for Mr. Green), but not even a hint of what the taste will be. I tried Vanilla Coke, Cherry Coke, and Diet Coke with Lemon, because I had a pretty good idea what these would taste like. Seems like Coke is using much more sense when it comes to marketing these new sodas---name them the way they will taste. :D

metaljedi
08-06-2002, 11:05 PM
Vanilla coke tastes old to me. Code Red Mt. Dew is the best!

master jedi
08-08-2002, 10:28 PM
I think Vanilla Coke is **** and so is Pepsi Blue. I haven't tried Mountain Dew Code Red yet but am excited to.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-09-2002, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Grif
Red Fusion and Dr. Pepper are exactly alike... except for the RED part.

And Mr. Green? I haven't even heard of that. I will have to check it out.

You haven't heard of Mr. Green? Especially after he was discovered killing Mr. Body in the Study with the lead pipe? :rolleyes:

I haven't seen the stuff either.

2-1B
08-09-2002, 01:44 AM
I had a bottle of Red Fusion today, it was pretty tasty. Dr. Pepper is a pretty lively drink to begin with, so the cherry gave it a swift kick. I'll get more tomorrow.
Today it made a nice team with that Vanilla Coke I had. ;)

LTBasker
08-09-2002, 03:54 AM
I got a Red Fusion tonight at a late trip to Wally World. It's not bad actually, the cherry is subtle but still tasty. :)

I think I'll stick to regular Dr. Pepper though. :cool:

stormie
08-09-2002, 12:07 PM
So, what is Pibb Xtra? Saw this the other night while loading up on good ol' Coke (the regular stuff). The package doesn't say a thing, and there's no cartoonish cherry or lemon dancing on the package to indicate a flavor.
Anybody?

Jon
08-09-2002, 05:27 PM
I've never had a worse pop than Pepsi Blue. Sewer water must taste better than this stuff. And I liked Clear Pepsi back in the day...wish it was still around.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
08-09-2002, 07:09 PM
I've tried Mr. Green at a fair once. Tasted like Dr. Pepper. The person who gave me the sample said it had ginseng in it.

QLD
08-10-2002, 12:08 PM
What in Christ's name is Mr. Green? Who makes it? WHat is it supposed to be? I haven't seen Pepsi Blue, Mr. Green, or Red Fusion anywhere yet.

And I think Code Red tastes just like Tahitian Treat or Hawiian Punch.

AND, I thought Crystal Pepsi tasted like it was made from nuclear waste. It tasted like pure chemicals.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
08-10-2002, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
What in Christ's name is Mr. Green? Who makes it? WHat is it supposed to be?

It's Sobe's version of Dr. Pepper with ginseng.

QLD
08-10-2002, 12:51 PM
That just doesn't sound good at all.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
08-10-2002, 01:02 PM
It tastes pretty much the same as Dr. Pepper. And it's green!:D

QLD
08-10-2002, 01:05 PM
They should just call it Doctor Green Pepper.

Of course that could imply it might taste like Green Peppers!

YUCK!

I hope I didn't give someone an idea...

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-11-2002, 11:10 PM
What in Christ's name is Mr. Green? Who makes it? WHat is it supposed to be? I haven't seen Pepsi Blue, Mr. Green, or Red Fusion anywhere yet.

And I think Code Red tastes just like Tahitian Treat or Hawiian Punch.

Code Red tastes nothing like Tahitian Treat or Hawaiian Punch. It is just Red Dr. Pepper, plain and simple. Some marketing genius at the company must have been like "hhmmm, how can we boost sales? I know, let's color Dr. Pepper red, slap a new funky name on it and viola, higher sales!"

Reminds me of Malibu Stacy. It's same old stupid doll, but with a new hat! I just got to go out and get one.

DarthBrandon
08-11-2002, 11:41 PM
The only one I've tried is Dr. Pepper and it's one of my favorite sodas.

QLD
08-11-2002, 11:45 PM
Code Red is Red Mountain Dew. ANd it does taste a lot different to me. :D

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-11-2002, 11:55 PM
Code Red is Red Mountain Dew. ANd it does taste a lot different to me. :D

Whoops, my mistake. Simply delete Code Red from my statement and add Red Fusion.

So many new sodas, my head was spinning. :stupid:

QLD
08-12-2002, 12:12 AM
I hear ya. I cannot even keep track myself! I haven't even seen a lot of these new ones.

master jedi
08-13-2002, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Hasbro'sBountyHunter
It tastes pretty much the same as Dr. Pepper. And it's green!:D

The Mr. Green I drank wasn't green so what the heck were you drinking?

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
08-13-2002, 11:58 PM
They poured it into a white cup, and it was easily seen as a murky green color.

stormie
08-14-2002, 03:28 PM
Mmmmm...murky green. That just epitomizes flavor excitement! ;)

Finally tried the Blue Pepsi (finally found single bottles for sale). Not too bad. I kind of wish it was a little more berry-y. I'm really glad they decided to leave the caffeine in. Can't tell you how many times I've tried a soda, only to find it's caffeine-free.

Still on the hunt for single bottles of Pibb Xtra, Red Fusion, and Mr. Green (though from the last description, I may want to pass ;))

master jedi
08-16-2002, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Hasbro'sBountyHunter
They poured it into a white cup, and it was easily seen as a murky green color.

Oh ok. I just drank it out of the bottle. Maybe because it's in a green bottle it looked black to me.