PDA

View Full Version : Action Fleet items you want to see made.

Grif
08-06-2002, 04:11 PM
I know there are many that we want to see made that Hasbro isn't making. And even the re-makes that they are making, instead of making vehicles that were hard to find, they make ones that kept the shelves warm just a few years ago.
So let your voice be hard and tell what AF items you want to see.
Here's mine:

Star Destroyer ( They have the mold and everything! )
IG-2000
Hound's Tooth
Tie Crawler
Outrider
Jedi Starfighter ( It was a major part of EP2 and Hasbro isn't making it )
The Dianoga Battlepack. (http://209.197.112.151/thread.html?dom=ss&TID=19&PID=5119)

That is all I can think of for now, but share your wants.

Jangu Fett
08-06-2002, 06:38 PM
How about figures? Jango Fett, Count Dooku, Anakin, Obi-Wan, etc. I want to see figures to go with the ships.

Huckleberry Josh
08-06-2002, 06:42 PM
I would like to see the Hound's Tooth made for sure!Also the IG-2000, Mist Hunter, Tie Crawler, Medical Frigate,and the Mon Calamari. I can't think of any more right now.

Jangu Fett
08-06-2002, 06:53 PM
I like to see the TIE Scout, Scimitar Assault Bomber, V-Wing Airspeeder, Guri's Stinger and the Republic Acclamator-Class Assault Ship.

JediTricks
08-06-2002, 08:39 PM
The stuff they already have done or almost-done:
Star Destroyer
Series Alpha Podracer
Series Alpha AAT
Death Star
Neva Kee's Podracer
Boles Roor's Podracer
Trade Federation Shuttle

And then I want them to do these:
Outrider
Jedi Starfighter w/ hyperspace booster ring
Moldy Crow (Dark Forces & DF2:Jedi Knight)
Anakin's Coruscant Speeder
Zam's Coruscant Speeder (these 2 would make a good 2pack)

Jangu Fett
08-06-2002, 09:38 PM
They were going to make a Trade Federation Shuttle? Are there any photos of a prototype?

LTBasker
08-06-2002, 11:36 PM
Moldy Crow (Jedi Knight)
The Raven's Claw (replaced the Moldy Crow for Jedi Knight 2)
V-Wing (Rogue Squadron and some other stuff)
Outrider
Slave 1 (A repaint into Jango's, and with a new stand so that'll be able to be in flight mode)
Jedi Starfighter
IG-2000
Rebel Medical Frigate

good shot jansen
08-07-2002, 08:17 AM
Originally posted by Jangu Fett
They were going to make a Trade Federation Shuttle? Are there any photos of a prototype?

rebelscum had posted photos (http://www.rebelscum.com/article.asp?i=7031) of the shuttle action fleet last year

:mad:

Yoda Likes Golf
08-07-2002, 09:45 AM
I would love to see a republic gunship battlepack it could include 2 pilots a speederbike and some clone troopers posed specially so the can sit with their legs danglin off the side of the cargo compartment :-)

Sakay
08-07-2002, 01:28 PM
I have a series of items I would love to see made......

1St Series, Bounty Hunters And Ships Series, Houndtooth, Slave II, Mist Hunter, IG2000. and the Punishing One..Thanks GRIF

2nd Series, X-Wing Rogue Squadron; X-wings in detail of the Bacta War Novel.

3rd Series, Playsets redone with updates.

I'm talking about the Naboo Royal Starship that is so cool with its in deck view. The only addition to this set that would make it sell like theres no tomorrow..............Make a hull piece cover on the cut away hull to make it a functional space craft.

The Falcon playset looks great strip out the inner play features and give us something comparable to the inner workings of the Naboo Royal Starship.

Does anyone agree that this is a good idea?:happy:

good shot jansen
08-07-2002, 01:46 PM
from day one, i wished that galoob had included the missing sections of the rss's hull as removable pieces. that would have made that playset an everlovin' masterpiece! i'm sure there were problems over concerns about being in competition with hasbro's own $100.00 star ship. i would a love either a reworking of that playset to include the missing hull, or even an accessory pack which only included the removable hull pieces..............yeah right, dream on, gsj, dream on.

Grif
08-07-2002, 02:12 PM
That Trade Federation Shuttle does look neat! And I also think they should go with Sakay's idea of all the Bounty Hunter ships, which could also include Dengar's Punishing One.

JediTricks
08-07-2002, 04:02 PM
Removable hull plates would have been fantastic, I wish they had done that. I bought both the Hasbro and Galoob Royal Starships and both are lots of fun, I think a lot of collectors would have done the same even if the Galoob one was a whole ship like the Rebel Transport playset.

sicqnus
08-07-2002, 05:59 PM
Dear Santa (Hasbro) Claus,

For Christmas i wish :

A new "Deluxe" AF line bigger in size (like the R.I.P. Collector Fleet) with the king size ships like the Mon Calamari Home One and Liberty, Nebulon B medical frigate, Interdictor class destroyer, Donut class Trade Federation Core ship, Accumulator class Republic destroyer...
In AF :
- Tie Phantom : Outrider ; Naboo cruiser ; Naboo Yacht ; Firewall IG tank ; Geonosian fighter, Jedi Starfighter with hyperdrive ring, Slave One, Republic Gunship...

But you can forgot the ugly Spha-T...

Thanks per advance dear Santa.
P.S. : Hurry up !!!

LTBasker
08-07-2002, 06:56 PM
Actually there was a prototype of the Mon Calamari Cruiser "Liberty" for the Collector Fleet line but unfortunately it was canceled before it could get released. :(

Dunno if Hasbro still has it from the Kenner days but if they do then they should release that at some point.

JediTricks
08-08-2002, 02:54 AM
Sicqnus, welcome aboard! Those are some fantastic ideas! I totally forgot about Padme's Ep 2 yacht, that had a TON of screentime. And the Naboo Cruiser might actually be cooler than the Naboo Royal Starship.

Like Basker said, there was a Collectors Fleet Mon Cal cruiser all ready to ship with the Super Star Destroyer when Hasbro saw that the line wasn't doing well. I'd rather have CF-sized ships with interiors instead of electronics, but I'll take what I can get. I think Hasbro Rhode Island, not Kenner division (aka Hasbro Cincinati), was in charge of the Collectors Fleet (as a companion to Hasbro Direct's Collectors Series 12"-scale figures), so I bet they still have it, though it may have been tossed when they did the big warehouse cleaning/closing a few years ago.

sicqnus
08-08-2002, 07:05 AM
Hi JediTricks,

I agree. Actually, Hasbro has planned a fourth ship in the Collector Series. In 1996 for a released in second half 1997. I had never seen any pics or sketch of the "Home One"... At the end of 1997, Hasbro was in the way to buy Lewis Galoob Toys and i'm sure it was one of the reasons for the cancellation of the CF line.
Well, by the moment I really enjoy start collecting the new AF line. Thanks Hasbro ! It's like Dave Prowse : almost dead last year and "ready to race" today ! ;-)).................. OOch ! The power of the Dark Side is soooo strong... Isn't it Dave ?

Jangu Fett
08-08-2002, 07:28 PM
That Trade Federation Shuttle looked awesome. To bad they never released it. Although, seeing that one was made for the E1 AF line, no one knew how it flew. If Hasbro goes back and desides to make the last AF wave, they're going ot have to redesign the TF Shuttle. The cockpit was on the wrong side. From AOTC, I remember it taking off spinning around so that the "sharks fin" was on the back of it. If I'm wrong please let me know, but that would be a great addition to AF collection.

Glitch
08-08-2002, 11:55 PM
Thanks Jangu, you just uncovered my "secret pain."

The cockpit thing was my fault, that is the way I designed the ship. All we had to work from was a Doug Chang sketch, and few pictures of the partial (yes, partial) ILM model that was used for the ship in E1. None of these had any hint that the cockpit was on the other side. At the time, it seemed like a given that the cockpit was on the same side as the ramp - like the Imperial Shuttle.

So it was me, it was my fault, throw your rocks, rotten tomatoes, etc...

When I saw Episode II for the first time, I let out an audible, "Doh!" The person that was sitting to my left knew exactly what I was reacting to, while I'm pretty sure the person to my right thought I was on drugs.

Stupid Episode II had to go mess t all up!

Anyway... the missile launcher was added later. Originally, it was going to be a concealed mini cannon behind the secret door rather than the launcher. I just figured the cannon would have a better chance of getting through costing than something with a "gasp" spring. With the a) multi-jointed landing gear/legs b) missile launcher c) opening cargo bay d) telescoping ramp, e) opening cockpit and f) kick *** paint, it would have been ONE of the most elaborate AF ever.

Weep, weep, weep....

Edit. Hey, check it out, It won't let me say ***...err...a s s.

Glitch
08-09-2002, 12:31 AM
One more thing.....

I might as well reveal the Episode II AF ships that were designed for Hasbro. Since they are off on their own with AF, I can't see the harm in revealing them now. Hell, it's not like I'm posting pics this time. Plus, it was a bad day, and I'm feeling kind of bitter at the moment.

Spring 2002:

1. AT-TE (Then known as "Republic Walker").

2. Dooku's Solar Sail (much larger in scale).

3. Republic Gunship.

4. Jedi Starfighter (no hyperspace ring, at the time).

Fall 2002:

5. Slave I

6. Royal Cruiser (Padme's second ship).

7. Federation "spider" Tank

8. Federation Droid Tank (a.k.a "wheel droid")

Anyway, that was all we did for the "big H" as far as AF vehicles. I just hope we all get to see a few of these make it to the store shelves the way they were designed.

These were TRUE AF vehicles, all with opening cockpits (yes, for figures), landing gear, play features, etc... It now seems AF is headed in more of a display collectible area.

JediTricks
08-09-2002, 04:21 AM
...I weep for how cool those would have been if these had been released. I'm kinda surprised to see the Wheel Droid (this is the Hailfire Droid, the one with 2 huge rims on the outside of the vehicle, that's the one we're talking about, right?) on that list, but I would'a snapped it up with glee. Bad Hasbro, bad!

Oh, and I never got to see the pictures in question.

As for the TF Shuttle, there's another I would have bought... even with the cockpit on the wrong end. ;) Oh, but let me get out the blame-ray, *BLAMEBLAMEBLAME* :D

JediGoofy
08-09-2002, 08:15 AM
First of all, your posts are always very interesting, Glitch! :) Thank you, it is so nice to have a person like you here on this board!

As far as the AF item I would like to see made, since I got the Mini MicroMachines Falcon (in the SE Premiere give away) I always wondered how cool a Nebulon B medical frigate in scale with it would be! :happy:

If that is not going to happen, I would be happy to get a Jedi Starfighter WITH Hyperspace Ring. As far as I know it would be the only Hyperspace Ring on the market (both the Hasbro and the LEGO versions of the Jedi Starfighter do not feature it), and as the Starfighter is quite small the Hyperspace Ring would give the "perceived value" to the set without changing its scale.

Ciao,
JediGoofy

P.S. By the way I completely agree with GSJ about the missing panels of the Royal Starship Repair Playset. The playset is already one of my favourite from E1 line, but with the hull section complete would be terrific. Unfortunately I do not see how Hasbro could reasonably sell them. :( (unless there is among us an exceptional customiser who is able to make them and sell to the other collectors ;) )

Jangu Fett
08-09-2002, 06:50 PM
Glitch, I'm sorry, I wasn't bashing your work. I wish I was as skilled a modeller as you. I don't know about the AF being turned into a collectors line, SSG posted a report they got from SDCC. it said Hasbro's going to release 2003 AF sets with mini-figs. And do mini-figs only packs for the 2002 Af releases without the figs. Those ships you listed may come-to-be, if this all pans out. Lets all hope.

As for the Hyperdrive ring for the Jedi Starfighter. Hasbro could use that as part of the stand.? Although I think everyone would agree it should be part of the set. The Jedi Starfighter without the Hyper Ring is like Dooku's Sailor without the sail.

sicqnus
08-09-2002, 09:51 PM
Aoh ! I forgot the Z-95 Headhunter... It would be a cool addition to the line.

And I must say (but I'm not the one to say that), the Solar Sailer protoytype has a curious sail.... :confused: I mean it is certainly the best sail for the Seal hunting but...

I hope it is just a prototype... :frus:

We all want a really accurate toy with a sail "IN SCALE" !

It's quite simple : If the toy is pretty nice (much larger and accurate), I will buy one, certainly two, maybe three.

But if not... I will spend my money with Art Asylum who knows how to pease the fans for a few bucks...

Jangu Fett
08-09-2002, 10:40 PM
I wish I could agree, I'm a huge micro scale collector. Art Asylum has done nothing and don't look to be doing any micro scale lines. I would love to see the starship Enterprise, done in the Playmates Innerspace scale. AA does do great work, but, as for pleasing the fans? They don't. Not all of them. I am a regular to the AA forums also. Although I don't post often. There is not much things to interest me.

Glitch
08-10-2002, 02:55 AM
Hi Jangu,

I just wanted to make sure that you knew I was joking. I would have tossed in one of these :p , but I don't like to laugh at my own jokes. For the record, I do NONE of the model work. That is done by people that have FAR greater skill than I. My job is the design and the fancy pictures on the control drawings.

The hyperspace ring on the Jedi Starfighter was not even a consideration at the time I did the designs only because none of the reference material that we had, had any indication that it even existed. All we have are various views of the ship without the ring. Anyway, it was not because anyone was being cheap, but rather we were simply unaware of it. It may have also been something that was added to the design later - that happens a lot when you add George Lucas and CG.

I mentioned this before, but the original Dooku's Sail is quite large. The body of the ship itself is over five inches in length, and the sail was to come disassembled and stacked in four pieces. Overall, the assembled size is close to nine inches in length. Even at this size, the amount of plastic used would be rather light considering the airiness of the design. Now the ship AND the sail look to be only about six inches overall.

jeddah
08-10-2002, 07:05 AM
..... but thought I'd drop in while I could.

Senators starship v1 from the beginning would be my first choice. Instead of an action figure, I'd like it to come with a chip that contains a loop of the engine noise (sampled at 96Khz 24bit) ;) and I'd like jam on it too, please.
Retublic crusier from end of Ep1. Glitch, reading your info above, I was wondering what would be the deciding factor where a decision to make the TF shuttle from EP1 was taken over making the Jedi consular ship from the end? Is it features? I've been wishing for an a few years that this shuttle'd been made as Radiant # is one of my faves (except the landing gear)
Nebulon B nuff said
Airwha with riding Kaminoan Not usually into beast packs or anything other than vehicles but I think this could be rendered well.
the red or white speeders that Anakin leaves behind I always thought he picked the most boringest-est of the speeders - the others look coolerer. :)
B-wing in scale, longer wings, thinner cannons (like X-wing) and smaller, oval-er cockpit.

that's all I can rustle up for now.

jeddah

Glitch
08-10-2002, 01:03 PM
Jeddah,

The scene at the end of the film with Palpatine's landing in the shuttle was a pick up scene, so we didn't references of that ship until very late in the game. Take a look at Anakin in that scene, he looks like he is about a year older than he does in the rest of the film. Later on, we did get a few pics of the ship, but it was in a VERY rough form. As I recall, it was a detail-free foam model.

We had partial references (sans cockpit locations - DOH!!) of the Fderation (then Neimoidian) Shuttle, so that one was squeezed in near the end of the run.

We had ALL of the Episode I AF designed and in some form of production like six months before the film hit. This is somewhat unusual, but I won't get into it now. Let's just say that some people may have known more about the fate of Galoob well before the rest of us did.

Anyway.... That ship was a VERY late edition to the film, and, at that point, all of the AF waves through fall 2000 had already been set.

Hope this helps.

P.S. What is the Nebulon B?

P.P.S. I'm still squaring away the contents of the list we discussed. :)

sicqnus
08-10-2002, 01:30 PM
Hi Glitch,

You can see a excellent 3DS model of the Nebulon B here :

http://www.theforce.net/scifi3d/starwars/meshes/frigate.jpg

Nebulon B frigates are Imperial Ships captured by the Rebel forces and integrated into the Alliance fleet.

Glitch
08-10-2002, 03:56 PM
Ahh....

I guess I'm just old school...err...skool. To me, that's the medical frigate.

I know nothing of the new names for the old ships.

Thanks.

Jangu Fett
08-10-2002, 05:12 PM
I hope Hasbro does Battle Packs for AOTC. One that includes Dooku's Geonosian Speeder, and another one with the Geonosian's Artillary Batterery. Hasbro should do one for the speeder chase thruogh Coruscant. They coud include both Zam and Anakin's Airspeeders and just a mini fig for each charater. I really hope for a Clone, Geonosian, TF droids, Hero, Villians, and Jedi Battle Packs

And Glitch it's no problem. I just didn't want to bash anyones work.

jeddah
08-11-2002, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by Glitch
Jeddah,

The scene at the end of the film with Palpatine's landing in the shuttle was a pick up scene, so we didn't references of that ship until very late in the game. Take a look at Anakin in that scene, he looks like he is about a year older than he does in the rest of the film. Later on, we did get a few pics of the ship, but it was in a VERY rough form. As I recall, it was a detail-free foam model.

P.P.S. I'm still squaring away the contents of the list we discussed. :)

Thanks for the tantalising info on the cruiser. I would love to see a pic. Too bad it never got any further. I'll keep an eye out for the maturation-chamber Anakin next time I watch Ep1 ;)

I've also neglected to mention one of my favourite ships from EP2 that should definitely be made into AF; Transport freighter that carries Anakin & Padmé to Naboo. I love the hatches opening up and the old Republic design, like a 60-70's car-carrying plane.

and ;)

jeddah

Jangu Fett
08-11-2002, 06:27 PM
Just wondering, if Hasbro is going to do the AF the right way. With figures, and do Battle Packs. Then what is the chance of all us seeing AF playsets? Redone ones, and totally new ones.

Jangu Fett
08-12-2002, 07:04 PM
How about doing a Cloaked Sith Infiltraitor? They could do it as a store exclusive, made of clear plastic. Galoob did that for some MM.?

SWAFMAN
08-12-2002, 09:53 PM
Ooooh!!! Great idea, Jangu! I'm imagining a Toyfare-esque exclusive!
That would be nice, if they could maintain the clear look without showing any screws or joints. Maybe a clear outer skin that blends into an opaque plastic before getting into the inner assembly of the ship?

Jangu Fett
08-14-2002, 07:37 PM
How about a Yuzzhan Vong Coral Skipper AF ship? And a BP For the Yuzzhan Vong, with 4 warriors, Nom Anor, The Warmaster, and a Yammosk( War Coordinator). Or how about ships and BP for comics/ stories etc.? I really want to see BP for the comic The Sith War, and the upcoming game SW: Knights of the Old Republic.