PDA

View Full Version : AOTC Pirate DVD

Mandalorian Candidat
08-06-2002, 05:55 PM
A friend of mine came over on Sunday and had two pirated copies of AOTC. One was a really poorly done VCD (Asian of course) and a better but still crummy DVD.

It looks like someone over in Asia made this one too because it's subtitled in both Chinese and Malay along with an English option. I believe it was just filmed in an empty theater because you can see the black spaces above and below the screen in between the black bars from the widescreen. The picture wasn't that great because the camera had a hard time going from a dark scene to one where there was a lot of light.

I'm not endorsing anyone getting a pirated copy, but I have to say this one was hilarious. We had accidentally activated the English subtitles and after a while noticed the English translation of whoever made the DVD was horrible. The English was even worse than the "All your base are belong to us" video game. I wish I could remember something funny to put here as an example, but believe me, it was so ridiculous.

It would be so great to have an SSG screening party just to read the poorly done English. I would be a laugh-a-minute riot.

master jedi
08-06-2002, 09:22 PM
I wouldn't buy a pirated/bootlegged movie 'cause I know I can always download the bootlegs. The bootleg of AotC that I have on my PC sucks because the sound cuts out every once in a while.

Jek Porky 2002
08-07-2002, 03:25 PM
Why not just wait to watch it properly in November, you'll enjoy it better then!

DarthBrandon
08-07-2002, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002
Why not just wait to watch it properly in November, you'll enjoy it better then!

Well, I can't speak for everyone, but I like having the pirated/bootlegged copy to study before the DVD comes out. I always buy them when they come out, because it's good to have the real deal when the time comes. The pirated version comes in handy when discussions arise about what Jedi died, who seen this and what not. These however do not compare to the real DVD whatsoever.:)

Darth Vellner
08-20-2002, 06:18 PM
How And Where did you get one (pirated/bootlegged copy on DVD)

DarthBrandon
08-20-2002, 07:58 PM
I got it from a friend for nothing.:)

jedihunter25
08-20-2002, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Darth Vellner
How And Where did you get one (pirated/bootlegged copy on DVD) You can find them on Ebay, or download it off of grokster.