PDA

View Full Version : What Unleashed would you like to see?

SaeseeTiin
08-07-2002, 03:01 AM
What Unleashed would you like to see?
I personally, being a fan of these, would first, after the Mace, Slave Leia, etc, would like an Obi-Wan. Here I think there are three possibilities. Firstly, he could be done holding onto the assassination droid in Ep2 banging into a building wall. Or I believe he could be done ready to fight Jango, being soaked, on Kamino. An interesting rain effect could be done here. Or a third possibility I believe is of him just in Ep1 when he jumps out the large pit at the end, with Qui-Gon's lightsaber flying towards him, igniting.
Others I think that could be done could be a Zam Weasal, either when she is firing her long rifle at Obi-Wan, or when she has her arm cut off, with it floating in the air.
Yoda is another obvious choice, I'll leave the rest of you to think of a good version of him.
Although I don't think droids can be done in this line, I think there is one possibility for R2D2 to be done. This is when he has been electrocuted in RotJ and all the latches and gadgets on him pop out, with electricity all over him.
There are many other characters, like Luke, Han, Chewie, Qui-Gon, etc that could be done, but what would be your ideal way they could be portrayed?
Thoughts?

STiin

Punch-The-Clown
08-07-2002, 03:06 AM
maybe dooku? and i would want a flying geonosian or one from the arena. we could use some more jedis too like yoda, plo koon, coleman trebor and lumnari. yoda could be pretty cool with his lightsaber.

TheFrankEinstein
08-07-2002, 03:39 AM
I haven't bought any of these yet, but the Anakin looks quite appealing in photographs (never seen them in person). But what is up with that red spiral thing at Darth Maul's base? It'd look so cool if it weren't for that. That, and Jango's kinda sucks, in my opinion. I think he should have been flying, as on Kamino.

Hmm... maybe a Luke from Episode 4, in Stormtrooper disguise, with only half of a body, sorta (just jutting out from a garbage-filled base), with the Dionoga's (or whatever) tentacles rapped around him? I guess that's probably not a very good idea ;)

I'd kinda like to see a Tatooine Qui Gon, with his poncho on. Maybe from the Maul/Jinn fight in the desert.

Gotta love the Tusken Raiders, especially in that pose with their Gaffi stick held over their heads, or firing that longrifle.

Geonosian
08-07-2002, 04:33 AM
Coleman Trebor - deflecting bolts with Geonosis balcony

Geonosian Warrior - with spear

Yoda - with saber

Kit Fisto

Anakin robed.

TheFrankEinstein
08-07-2002, 04:53 AM
I forgot to say, Saesee, I really like the idea of a rain-soaked Kenobi.

AND I totally forgot Emperor Palpatine! And whatever pose, I don't really care. I've grown quite fond of him in my old age ;)

darth_steeler
08-07-2002, 06:51 AM
Gonk Unleashed.. We gotta have it!

billfremore
08-07-2002, 08:45 AM
I'd like to see a Stormtrooper unleashed or perhaps even a few of them all together.

That would be most excellent! :D

Lt Kettch
08-07-2002, 09:42 AM
..........ANAKIN ROBED???? WHAT A STUPID IDEA!!! The point of the unleashed line is to make the figures exciting and artisictic, not just to have a bland anakin to stand around. Unleashed figures aren't for dioramas.... =P

Forhekset
08-07-2002, 10:09 AM
We've already got one Anakin Unleashed....that's plenty. More original trilogy characters, less prequel characters.

DahrJin
08-07-2002, 10:16 AM
I've seen the Dooku and Mace, (pictures only) as well as wave 2. I can't wait for the Vader and Anakin. I own Jango/Boba and Maul already.

Can't for the life of me figure out why so many people HATE these. There not figures, they are statues to display OPENED. The look quite well displayed in my living room, I think.

What I'd like to see is:

ANH OB-1 (final duel)

ANH Vader (final duel) Should connect together with OB-1 to show the scene. The 12" version BITES!

Han Solo( Death Star Escape)

Chewie(D.S.E) should connect with Han to complete the scene.

Yoda W/ Saber

Either versions of Luke and Vaders Saber duels. Heck, make 'em both. ESB and ROTJ.

Vader chocking Capt. Antillies in ANH.

Bespin Vader and Boba Fett in the carbon freeze chamber.

Jabba would be nice, but how can you put him in a dynamic pose? :D

And the one I'd like to see made the most, Emperor Palpatine from ROTJ!

Complete with full robes and darkside lightning. Like what the DooKu has.

Ah, there are just soooo many posibilities with this line, it's hard to list all the things I'd like to see done. Let me think on it and see what else sounds good.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-07-2002, 10:19 AM
Maybe like a Han Solo & Chewbacca one. That would be pretty sweet if it was done properly. Definately need to see a Yoda w/ saber from ATOC. Just standing there with his saber lookin' like he's about to whip up on Dooku. Lastly, an Emperor Palpatine from ROTJ. Yup, those would do nicely.

Prince Xizor
08-07-2002, 11:50 AM
I know they don't do anything in any of the movies, but a Royal Guard would be friggin cool. Maybe it could be zappping something like the new Saga toy does.

bigbarada
08-07-2002, 12:44 PM
I don't collect these, but if Hasbro made a really cool Han and Chewie interlocking set, I might have to make an exception.

These would be cool too:

Bossk
Zuckuss and 4-LOM
Wampa
Tusken Raider

Forhekset
08-07-2002, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
I don't collect these, but if Hasbro made a really cool Han and Chewie interlocking set, I might have to make an exception.

These would be cool too:

Bossk
Zuckuss and 4-LOM
Wampa
Tusken Raider

All good ideas bigB. :D

Hellboy
08-07-2002, 09:25 PM
Ewoks or maybe an Ugnaught/Lobot Unleashed. :crazed:

RooJay
08-07-2002, 11:58 PM
I definitely want an Unleashed Chewie! Maybe even a Vector Prime NJO Death of Chewbacca Unleashed figure! Picture Chewie standing on a base of rubble, hair whipping all about his body, arms thrown up in defiance, snarling at a sculpted representation of Serndipal's burning moon. CHILLS!:D

Heck, I'd love to see Unleashed versions of a lot of the NJO characters. I think this line would be perfect for that sort of thing. Couldn't say how confident I'd be that they'd sell, seeing as how most Star Wars fans seem to have an odd, unnatural aversion to anything EU, AND the Unleashed line!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-08-2002, 12:53 AM
ooooh, good idea there Roojay!!! Some "Unleashed" figures from the EU. Perhaps a Dark Jedi Luke or a Mara Jade one. The possibilites are endless!!

Punch-The-Clown
08-08-2002, 01:38 AM
i wouldn;'t want eu ones but i like the ewoks ideas

Chiesa
08-08-2002, 01:39 AM
I think an Obi Wann unleashed is way over dued... I think the idea of a rain effect would be great but I think that is quite unlikely as it may just look funny...

I think an unleashed of The Emperor would be cool... Like the one from RoTJ... where he looks just pure evil blasting lightning at poor little Luke...

Cheers :D

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
08-08-2002, 01:57 AM
I want to see Unleashed Wicket, Stormtrooper, Jabba (is that even possible?), Rancor, Wampa, and Droideka.

mightywhelk
08-08-2002, 07:28 AM
I'd like to see a pair of Stormtroopers or a Han and Chewie in a similar pose to the 25th anniversary figures. From the EU, any Yuuzhan Vong - you could really get some great detail on these with all the tattoos and scars.

Geonosian
08-08-2002, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Lt Kettch
..........ANAKIN ROBED???? WHAT A STUPID IDEA!!! The point of the unleashed line is to make the figures exciting and artisictic, not just to have a bland anakin to stand around. Unleashed figures aren't for dioramas.... =P His cape can be flying the backround. You know what I mean.:)

Darth Evil
08-08-2002, 02:48 PM
Emperor Palpatine using Force Lightning would be top of my OT list.

thespar
08-08-2002, 02:49 PM
i will like to see a chewie and yoda

aceguide
08-08-2002, 05:26 PM
Bunty Hunters - all of them!

cybersith
08-08-2002, 07:19 PM
vader holding up cp antilies

Tycho
08-08-2002, 07:27 PM
UNLEASHED THAT I'D LIKE TO SEE DONE:

EPISODE ONE:

Obi-Wan - Flipping or scissor-kick jumping might be cool, lightsaber tracing a blue arc. Or the Naboo reactor shields separating him from Qui-Gon at the moment of truth! (you don't want this to be too much like Anakin's E2 one, or a possible Obi-Wan E2 one). Kneeling, being officially knighted by Yoda would also rock.

Qui-Gon Jinn - Swimming to Otah Gunga might be interesting, trying to do water in an Unleashed interpretation.

Padme Amidala - shooting through glass window with glass shards would rock!

Darth Sidious - hologram with whirling light could look cool.

EPISODE TWO:

Obi-Wan - held prisoner on Geonosis would look cool. Better still, falling under the combined fire from Jango's missle and Slave-One could look cool - fire in the rain. The statue would only feature Obi-Wan.

Zam Wessel - leaping from her burning speeder would be sweet!

Yoda - deflecting Dooku's lightning would burn the house down!

Super Battle Droid - shooting off rapid bursts of fire could be very cool!

Clone Trooper in the battle flak - might prove difficult, but could come out nicely.

EPISODE FOUR:

Luke Skywalker - with blast shield helmet on deflecting training remote shots would be nice.

Obi-Wan Kenobi - spinning his lightsaber by the barside in the Mos Eisley Cantina.

Han Solo - in stormtrooper gear blasting down the detention cell!

Darth Vader - tapping Obi-Wan Kenobi's empty cloak on the Death Star floor, Vader's saber still blazing!

Stormtrooper - under fire from Luke Skywalker at the light bridge.

EPISODE FIVE:

Princess Leia Bespin Escape and R2-D2 making a smokescreen as Leia blasts some stormtroopers (troopers not included).

Lando Calrissian - blasting stormtroopers, or regretfully kneeling over Han Solo frozen in carbonite.

Chewbacca - enraged Wookiee with C-3PO on his back and tossing a stormtrooper off the carbon freezing platform - all characters included.

Luke Skywalker - being hurled through Cloud City's control room window, glass shattering!

EPISODE SIX:

Slave Leia - (already in production, possibly on sailbarge cannon, or swinging chain in order to choke Jabba - Hutt not included).

Lando Skiff Guard - fighting Nikto as blasts go off. Or just barely escaping tentacle of the Sarlaac.

Han Solo, Endor Raid - leaping as huge explosion behind him marks the end of the shield generator.

Darth Vader and Luke Jedi - either cutting Vader's hand off, or removing his father's helmet on the shuttle ramp.

Boba Fett - flying over to fight Luke!

macewindu87
08-08-2002, 09:15 PM
i would like to see an emperor palpintine with his force lightning. that would really be cool!!!
mace:crazed:

bigbarada
08-08-2002, 09:17 PM
Here's one I'd buy in a heartbeat: Kithaba Unleashed!!

:D

hango fett
08-08-2002, 09:18 PM
only you, big b. i would buy it too if it looked like him.
YF

DravenUnleashed
08-08-2002, 10:47 PM
Jedi Knight Luke doesnt get enough respect for some reason... Id like to see one of him with his green Lightsaber in his pose from RotJ right after he chopped off Vaders hand and he looked at his own....

That would kik so much arse!

Jedi_Master_Guyute
08-08-2002, 11:51 PM
Eh, i kinda like your idea Draven. I don't know if him looking at this hand would be nifty, though i can imagine how sweet it would be. Anything with Jedi Luke is long long long so so so long overdue in my opinion.

Prince Xizor
08-09-2002, 01:44 AM
Yoda. They HAVE to make a Yoda one.

JediCole
08-10-2002, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by darth_steeler
Gonk Unleashed.. We gotta have it!

GONK UNLEASHED! Yes! I love it! I imagine the intreped Gonk dynamically kicking the head off of 8D8, scorch marks fresh on his foot pads!

Mrs. JediCole favors...NUNA UNLEASHED!

Now on the serious side, I agree fully with suggestions like Zuckuss & 4-LOM, Tusken Raider, and Droideka! I even think Wicket or other Ewoks have possibilities.

One thing that strikes me is how many suggestions seem to have missed the point of the Unleashed line. Pretty much without exception the line does not so much reproduce scenes as reflect them in some way. Making what was on screen more, for lack fo a better term, EXTREME!

Like the tongue-in-cheek suggestion I made for the presentation of "Gonk Unleashed", I would see some of the above presented as such:

4-LOM/Zuckuss - Both engaged in a pitched battle against an unseen enemy, guns a blazing! Perhaps with a "rapid-fire" effect coming from the muzzle of one of their guns (preferably Zuckuss') created by having a translucent blast effect like many of the figures now have, but looking almost like four or five stacked one on top of the other.

Tusken Raider - Perhaps standing near a blast-riddled moisture vaporator as he stands in a dynamic fighting stance, something that gives the impression of fighting styles with the gaffi stick.

Droideka - The reason this one appeals to me, apart from having a larger version of this droid, is that you could have a translucent plastic front piece that replicates the shield, perhaps with blast deflections emerging from the surface.

Wicket or Wicket and another Ewok or two - I think a fallen Stormtrooper would make the best base for this, with Wicket brandishing a spear plunged in between sections of armor.

Now, on a personal level, I would like to see a few more Unleashed, though I really don't care for most of the ones to date, I think the line has possibilities, especially if it allows a kind of "scenes we never saw" flair.

Bib Fortuna looking his officious best, menacing and cunning.

Kit Fisto in a dynamic pose, perhaps practicing against a remote, tendrels flailing in all directions.

Oola dancing alluringly.

Greedo in action in a pre-trying-to-collect-the-bounty-on-Han battle.

DarthBrandon
08-10-2002, 10:28 PM
Sandtrooper with probe droid hovering above him.

A'Sharad Hett
08-11-2002, 01:07 AM
Kit Fisto, Ki-Adi-Mundi and Older Boba Fett deffinetly

Thumb Wars
08-11-2002, 09:34 PM
i'd like to see a Jedi Luke from on top of Jabba's barge, green lightsaber in hand, a really po'ed look on his face. i'd also like to see a Stormtrooper unleashed. i'm not sure how though, but that would be cool. or a Scout Trooper, on half a Speeder bike! that would be cool as well. then of course there would have to be a Clone Trooper as well.
and if it could be done, i'd love to see a Luke X-wing done. a portion of the cockpit with Luke sitting there, maybe with the targeting computer on...... something like that.

Nebulaz
08-12-2002, 01:46 AM
Qui Gon when he jumps up from the chair in epI after they hear the ship being destroyed, while startling TC14