PDA

View Full Version : Target Accessory Sets: How many to a case?

JEDIpartner
08-07-2002, 09:26 AM
I was just wondering how many of these sets are packed to a case. Does anyone have a clue? My local Target has been remiss about getting these in and I might approach a manager to buy a whole case if it's not beyond 8 to 12 pieces per case.

JEDIpartner
08-07-2002, 11:06 AM
Ohh... where is that blasted Gungan when you need him??!!! :frus:

Jedi Drew
08-07-2002, 11:21 AM
I THINK :confused: that there are 8 to a case. (2 of each).

Forhekset
08-07-2002, 11:31 AM
8 to a case sounds reasonable to me - I know my local Super Target's stocking patterns well enough that I can arrive almost immediately after fresh cases are put out, and twice now I've seen exactly 2 of each accessory set on the pegs.

JEDIpartner
08-07-2002, 11:42 AM
I hate my Target today! They restocked and reset EVERYTHING... except the STAR WARS stuff. :frus:

Beast
08-07-2002, 12:08 PM
Originally I had read that some of them were shortpacked. But that was before the case was finalized. Originally I had heard there was 6 per case, with 2 of the sets packed in at 1 per case. I think now that they are shipping them in cases of 8, with 2 of each.

Though with all the reports of people only finding 1 of the sets on the shelf, I wonder if they are shipping 1 at a time. :crazed: JT found 1 Hoth Set, someone else found 1 Hoth Set, I walked into Target the other day and found 1 Death Star Set. It's weird, because it looks like that is all they put out. :confused:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

CrunchyNug
08-07-2002, 12:45 PM
To answer your question...

I was fortunate enough to have a friendly Target stocker in Los Angeles bring a case out from the back and open it for me. There were two sets of each, making the total per case - eight. :D

JEDIpartner
08-07-2002, 01:34 PM
Thank you all for the confirmations. I am going to approach a manager on the issue tomorrow if they still aren't there. I will ask him if he could order a case in and I will just buy the whole case and give him a credit card number so he doesn't get stuck with them... if that's why they haven't ordered them!

icatch9
08-07-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Originally I had read that some of them were shortpacked. But that was before the case was finalized. Originally I had heard there was 6 per case, with 2 of the sets packed in at 1 per case. I think now that they are shipping them in cases of 8, with 2 of each.

Though with all the reports of people only finding 1 of the sets on the shelf, I wonder if they are shipping 1 at a time. :crazed: JT found 1 Hoth Set, someone else found 1 Hoth Set, I walked into Target the other day and found 1 Death Star Set. It's weird, because it looks like that is all they put out. :confused:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

That's weird becsaue I found just 1 Areana Set two days ago. They do have place for them at my Target, but the rack is empty. Not to worry, as we all know Hasbro wants us all to have one, so they'll be makeing plenty of them :D. Well probally be buying them for $2.50 by the end of the year. You know how fast Target is to mark stuff down :D.

Beast
08-07-2002, 03:42 PM
Damn, you also icatch9? What is the deal with so many people just finding one set on the pegs? Is a scalper coming in a wiping out the whole rack, except for one set as a calling card that he's been there? Or is he leaving it cause he doesn't have another 10.00 on him, until he scalps this pile? Or is it just some weird conspiracy by Target to only put 1 out per day? :crazed: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

icatch9
08-07-2002, 03:58 PM
Well, IMO I think its just a kawinky dink :crazed:. The one I got wansn't 100% mint, so that's probally why it got left. These are troop builers so people are probally buying a lot of them (who the heck needs an army bearded Hoth Troopers I'll never know :rolleyes: ). It could be a scalper. I see a couple of on line dealers stocking them. Even the small time guys have them. They have to get them from somewhere becasue they are not getting them from Hasbro. So, they just get in the truck and strip all the Targets in the area of them :frus:.

Like I said they'll be there. They will be plentiful once Target finishing thier pre-xmas isle reset. After back to school, Holloween stuff comes in and then it's hard hitting X-Mas time.
Like everything else we just need to be patient :).

Forhekset
08-07-2002, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by icatch9
Well, IMO I think its just a kawinky dink :crazed:. The one I got wansn't 100% mint, so that's probally why it got left. These are troop builers so people are probally buying a lot of them (who the heck needs an army bearded Hoth Troopers I'll never know :rolleyes: ). It could be a scalper. I see a couple of on line dealers stocking them. Even the small time guys have them. They have to get them from somewhere becasue they are not getting them from Hasbro. So, they just get in the truck and strip all the Targets in the area of them :frus:.

Like I said they'll be there. They will be plentiful once Target finishing thier pre-xmas isle reset. After back to school, Holloween stuff comes in and then it's hard hitting X-Mas time.
Like everything else we just need to be patient :).

Kids like these accessory sets too. At Target the other day I picked up another Hoth set for myself, and some kid that was probably 9 or 10 had one himself. He was thoroughly shifting through the pegs looking for more accessory sets (as was I) but they didn't have any. Then he went and got who I assumed was his brother and showed him, and they both got really excited, but the first kid disappointedly told his brother "I think that's the only one they have." I gave the other kid mine since I already had 2. It's nice seeing kids actually buying SW...seems to be getting less and less common. Especially nice to see kids buying stuff like the accessory sets, rather than just kids dragging their parents through the aisles to look for the main characters. Kids buying stuff like the accessory sets shows that they have a genuine interest in the toys and SW itself, I think.

Oh, by the way, people are actually buying these sets for more than retail on eBay....it's insane. These sets are going to be mark-down city in a while.

JEDIpartner
08-07-2002, 04:30 PM
They finished resetting MY Target and they have NONE! You got it? N-O-N-E!!!! :cry:

Beast
08-07-2002, 04:38 PM
That sucks JEDIpartnr. :( I'm gonna make a run out to the Target in a small town I know tommorow. Hopefully I can find a couple more of these. As well as the elusive MOTU Mer-Man that taunts me daily. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hango fett
08-07-2002, 04:59 PM
8 to a case is the most likely thing. i wish that i had the money to buy a box of them................
h.

Forhekset
08-07-2002, 05:18 PM
That sucks JEDIpartnr. :( I'm gonna make a run out to the Target in a small town I know tommorow. Hopefully I can find a couple more of these. As well as the elusive MOTU Mer-Man that taunts me daily. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

That Mer-Man sure is hard to find isn't he JJB :D I think he's like 1 to a case or something....I still need him myself. I'm making a run this weekend for more SW stuff, maybe I'll see him.

Beast
08-07-2002, 05:34 PM
Yes, Mattel packs their cases worse then Hasbro ever has. Do you realize there are atleast 3 different Evil Assortments. :(

#1 has 6 Skeletor's, #2 has 5 Skeletor's and 1 Beast-Man, #3 has 3 Skeletor's, 2 Beast-Man's, and 1 Mer-Man. :mad: :(

There may even be a 4th case, because someone mentioned there might be one with 4 Skeletor's and 2 Beast-Man's. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Forhekset
08-07-2002, 06:05 PM
Yes, Mattel packs their cases worse then Hasbro ever has. Do you realize there are atleast 3 different Evil Assortments. :(

#1 has 6 Skeletor's, #2 has 5 Skeletor's and 1 Beast-Man, #3 has 3 Skeletor's, 2 Beast-Man's, and 1 Mer-Man. :mad: :(

There may even be a 4th case, because someone mentioned there might be one with 4 Skeletor's and 2 Beast-Man's. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Hmm, no I didn't realize that. I don't really keep up with case assortments, per se. All I know is that my local Target is frigging flooded with Skeletors and He-Mans. Beast Man took me a few different trips to find as well. That sounds like some lousy case packing....I can understand putting in a few more of a main character, but not filling up half a box with 1 character only. And actually since I think these toys will be appealing to mostly older guys like you and me (til that new MOTU cartoon I keep hearing about comes out, that is), who really aren't going nuts over JUST the main characters like kids might, Mattel could have split up the cases evenly. Ah well...want me to pick you up an extra Mer-Man this weekend if I see two? :) And have you seen or bought Castle Grayskull yet? I've thought about it quite a few times, but I can't bring myself to drop $50 on it quite yet.

By the way JarJar, do you have any good info on what other characters are in the works? Any good MOTU sites out there? The official Mattel site is still being "revamped". :rolleyes: I know Meckaneck is getting redone (saw him on the back of the CG box).

SuperBattleDroid88
08-07-2002, 06:16 PM
I just bought all 4 at Target today! YEAH!!!!!!!! :D

Beast
08-07-2002, 06:25 PM
Forhekset, even though we are going off topic a bit here, the best site for the new He-Man info is He-Man.org. They have pictures of the new assortments, coming later this year and next. Haven't picked anything up but Skeletor and Beast-Man, but I have seen everything else but Mer-Man.

Here is link to the pictures of the new figures, and they also have a very nice forum there as well. Check out the Toy Collecting - Other forum here as well, there are a couple He-Man threads there. Oh, and sure on Mer-Man if you are blessed enough to find 2. :)

http://www.he-man.org/index/motu_toys.shtml

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Forhekset
08-07-2002, 08:30 PM
Forhekset, even though we are going off topic a bit here, the best site for the new He-Man info is He-Man.org. They have pictures of the new assortments, coming later this year and next. Haven't picked anything up but Skeletor and Beast-Man, but I have seen everything else but Mer-Man.

Here is link to the pictures of the new figures, and they also have a very nice forum there as well. Check out the Toy Collecting - Other forum here as well, there are a couple He-Man threads there. Oh, and sure on Mer-Man if you are blessed enough to find 2. :)

http://www.he-man.org/index/motu_toys.shtml

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Thanks for the tips JarJar - and yeah, I was fixing to take this to email or PM since it was getting SO far offtopic :crazed:

Beast
08-07-2002, 08:37 PM
Skewing back to topic, the Death Star Set is pretty nice. Though I haven't opened it yet. I'm waiting to hopefully find the other 3 sets first. Maybe if I check Target every day they will continue to put 1 out each day. :crazed: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Forhekset
08-07-2002, 08:42 PM
The Hoth set is growing on me. At first, I was thinking I wouldn't even pick this one up...now I have 2. The little mini-tanks are cool, even if EU, and the breathing masks are neat as well. Though my favorite still has to be the Endor set with trenchcoat, helmet drumset and drumsticks. :)

Hellboy
08-07-2002, 08:57 PM
I found all 4 last week for my carded collection and today I found 4 more to open. I think my favorite one is the Endor Victory pack then Arena, Death Star, and least impressive is the Hoth pack. I'm glad they used the POTJ battle droid mold instead of the crappy Saga one in the Arena Conflict pack. I sure hope these go on clearance at some point so I can get more Red BD's with leg articulation. The only complaint is that being as how these are accessory packs I feel we should have gotten blast effects packed in the arena pack. Oh well I'm just glad they did these in the first place so I shouldn't complain.:D

Darth Vellner
08-08-2002, 02:13 AM
I HATE target! but I did find 3 out of 4 - no death star pack
and 3 out of 4 ant' bad!

JEDIpartner
08-08-2002, 09:12 PM
YOU hate Target... did you see my thread???
Dissing the Target at Rockport in Rocky River, OH... (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13271)

Beast
08-09-2002, 05:18 AM
Well, I did a run out to that small town Target, and I hit the jackpot. Found plenty of the Accessory Sets, and picked up the Hoth, Arena, and Endor sets that I still needed. No Mer-Man's though, but they did have the Gold BS He-Man. No extra cash on me though. Luckily my bro was with me with his Credit Card for the Accessory Sets. Thankfully means I don't have to hit the secondary market for these. :happy: :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
08-09-2002, 05:22 AM
I haven't gone to a TARGET yet, but I've got a lay-away at a Collector shop that needs to be paid on and TARGET is just across the street so hopefully I can check then. Just hope I have the $80 for 2 of each. :eek:

JEDIpartner
08-09-2002, 08:52 AM
Hope you don't have the same problem I did at the Target out by my house! Sheesh!

tagmac
08-09-2002, 12:00 PM
I found two of the four sets on Monday - the Arena and Hoth sets. They only had those two, and one other Hoth set. No sign of the Endor or Death Star sets yet. They were re-doing the toy section, and the pegs were labled for them, but (of course) were empty. At least I've got the two sets with unique figures in them - the Biker Scout and DS Trooper aren't much different from the single-careded ones.

I went to the one dealer I go to, and he was offering the set of four for 85 bucks! No way was I paying it - I'll take my chances and wait to find them in Target. This guy is usually pretty good with his prices, but that was just too much.

pthfnder89
08-09-2002, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Darth Vellner
I HATE target! but I did find 3 out of 4 - no death star pack
and 3 out of 4 ant' bad!

That's the same situation I ran into when I found them the other day. It's funny, they had 2 Endor, 2 Arena, and 2 Hoth, but absolutley no Death Star packs anywhere.

Thankfully the only packs I really wanted were the Arena and Endor ones. Picked up noth Arena and one Endor (almost got both but I only had so much money) I think I'd like the Death Star as well though for the extra POTF sized E11 blasters and the belt.:) But I think my money will mostly go to getting more Arena sets. I LOVE them! extra lightsabers, extra cloaks, and the reused my favorite Battle Droid sculpt of all, the POTJ Sercurity droid! :)

OC47150
08-09-2002, 02:54 PM
I stopped at Target at lunch today and picked up a second Death Star set for myself and the Endor set for my buddy. Today is payday, and I might pick up the AOTC set tomorrow, if it's still there.

Lt Kettch
08-09-2002, 03:12 PM
a friend just found all of them, 2 of each at least, he got me 1 of each and 1 of each for himself. just letting everyone know.

JEDIpartner
08-09-2002, 04:12 PM
See...? YOU didn't have a problem walking out of the store with 8 pieces!!! :frus: