PDA

View Full Version : E.U. Characters you want as toys...

Prince Xizor
08-07-2002, 01:17 PM
What Extended Universe characters would you like to see made in the new saga line. We do have a couple of off years coming up, and maybe Hasbro will all of a sudden have a stroke of niceness and make some good ones.

Personally, I would like to see Guri, Xizor's Beutiful Droid Bodyguard/Assassin, from Shadows. That toy would definetly rule.

2-1B
08-07-2002, 01:43 PM
Other than Teek I'm not too interested. But I would buy other EU Stuff if it meant we got this little feller in an assortment. :)

Darth Sidious
08-07-2002, 02:36 PM
All 3 Phases of Dark Trooper (Yes, the third one too, I never saw it) and another Spacetrooper. And Jorus.

kdp100
08-07-2002, 02:46 PM
Yes, Guri was a glaring omission from the SOTE mini-series, along with Leebo (Dash Rendar's right-hand droid).

Personally, I'd like to see some characters from the 1970s comic-books, too (especially now these have been re-released in omnibus editions) - Crimson Jack, Baron Orman Tagge, and of course Valance the cyborg bounty-hunter.... but maybe that's a little too optimistic?!

Darth Evil
08-07-2002, 02:48 PM
EU stands for Expanded Universe, not Extended. In an interview at ComicCon, a Hasbro rep mentioned the possibility of some EU figures during 2003 or 2004. I'd really like to see Corran Horn, a Yuuzhan Vong Warrior and Pellaeon, to name but a few. I could name a few specific Vong and Jedi...

Adam
08-07-2002, 03:31 PM
Corran Horn, a decent Mara Jade... too many to name :D

Hey Hasbro, when are you going to make my Wedge Antilles with snap on Ewok??????? ]

:eek: :D :crazed:

Jek Porky 2002
08-07-2002, 05:39 PM
If they had there own line I'd be fine with it, but if they put them in the Saga line I'd hate it because I hate EU, I remember how dissapoined I was when they put SSith Apprentice Darth Maul in the POTJ line.

QLD
08-07-2002, 05:41 PM
All of them. Every single one, except Callista.

And I think they should put them all in the same line, because they are all Star Wars.

Adam
08-07-2002, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002
If they had there own line I'd be fine with it, but if they put them in the Saga line I'd hate it because I hate EU, I remember how dissapoined I was when they put SSith Apprentice Darth Maul in the POTJ line.

Why? If you don't want it, don't buy it. I hope it all stay under one united SAGA card.

I also don't get why some people "hate" the EU. You can dislike it, or not be partial to it, but do you really hate it? Why is it that just because it is not on celuloid that it can't be considered good enough? I feel sorry for fans who will never get to enjoy the greatness of Timothy Zahn's, Mike Stackpole's, and Aaron Allston's works.
:confused: :frus: :eek: :cry:

Adam
08-07-2002, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Quite-Long Dong
And I think they should put them all in the same line, because they are all Star Wars.

"You are correct sir!"

I meant to put something like that in my above post but it slipped my mind. :stupid:

MikeAndTheBots
08-07-2002, 06:52 PM
I'm not a huge fan of EU (just never thrilled me...) but I'd like:
1) A good Kyle Katarn from Jedi Knight 2
2) Desann, Tavion, Jan Ors, a Reborn, and a shadow trooper from Jedi Knight 2.
3) A good Mara Jade

I know way they can have the JK2 figures so they all wouldn't be single carded (taking up too much room for other characters): two packs.
1. Kyle and Jan. Kyle's saber, two storm trooper rifles, Kyle's Bryar pistol and one of those ball-droid things (there's a ton in the second leve) with a clear stand (like the Interrogator Droid's and the cam-droid's)
2. Dessan and Tavion. One lightsaber for each and maybe just some various accessories from the game.
3. Shadow trooper and reborn (army builders since there were a ton of each...). Two sabers, and yet again some more accessories from the game.

edit: Mara could be carded with some random person from the books and such she was from...someone cool anyway...

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
08-07-2002, 08:24 PM
Guri, yes please!!!!!!!

Janzeke Khan
08-07-2002, 09:03 PM
Hey Mike I like the way you think. They should also make:

-Jacen & Jaina with their sabers and balsters.

-Anakin and Lowbacca with their sabers and balsters.

-Vilmarh Grahrk his Blaster that can be put into his holster with NT and one of those clear stick things & Quinlan Vos with his saber.

-Vizsla and a Death Wacth soider with som kindss of blasters.

-Jester Mereel and Montross with removable helmets and some blasters and Jet packs.

Forhekset
08-07-2002, 09:04 PM
Great ideas on the two-packs, MikeAndTheBots. I'd also like to see a Dark Kyle (from Mysteries of the Sith) and a Kyle that looked closer to how he looked in Dark Forces. All 3 phases of the Dark Trooper would be good...with mega-articulation....as well as a new Mara Jade, which has already been mentioned. Guri and Leebo are good choices too. Heck, I wouldn't mind seeing resculpts of Xizor and Dash Rendar either, though I'm not sure Hasbro would ever consider resculpting SOTE figures in a million years.

Also....Bothan Spy :D

Lt Kettch
08-07-2002, 09:42 PM
How about ........

corran pilot
tycho pilot
jan ors
guri
leebo
jix
ooryl
newara ven
riv shiel
cboath
borsk feyla
and the list could go on

RooJay
08-07-2002, 11:52 PM
All of them.

...especially characters from the NJO.

Bobajames
08-07-2002, 11:59 PM
I don't know about any of you guys, you'll probably say i was insane, but i think they should make figures from the Ewoks movies!! I loved those movies so much (I think they were just made for t.v. movies?). they could make a whole bunch of ewoks that could be eu, and you can use them for an endor battle display thing, plus they could make the kids and the parents and some of them bad guys from the battle for Endor!!!
I'm such a loser...

Chiesa
08-08-2002, 02:09 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Janzeke Khan
[B]Hey Mike I like the way you think. They should also make:

-Jacen & Jaina with their sabers and balsters.

Yes yes!!! The young Solos would be great to see as a toy... And we definitely need to see a better Mara Jade...

Cheers :D

Master Goeweins
08-08-2002, 02:29 PM
I would love to see the young General Tarkin from the novel Cloaked Deception. Man, a young Peter Cushing figure would be cool.

JediCole
08-08-2002, 06:17 PM
I want that earliest of the EU characters, the Lepus Carnivorous, Jaxxon!

Starfig873
08-08-2002, 06:20 PM
I will die happy seeing these:

Ssi-Ruu w/P'weck, maybe even Bluescale.
Leebo
Dash Rendar Resculpt
Jedi Kyle Katarn
And maybe Phase 1 and 2 Dark Troopers, they'd be pretty nifty IMO.

Darth Vellner
08-08-2002, 07:11 PM
I would like to see DROIDS! any and all DROIDS!

And all the different E.U. "Stormtroopers"
And all the Jedi and Sith from E.U.

And all the E.U. Characters that wear or have worn the Jango/Boba (mandaloriean) outfit. I don't know the names...

Darth Evil
08-09-2002, 07:37 AM
You mean Jodo Kast.

pthfnder89
08-09-2002, 01:39 PM
I'm a little skeptical about Hasbro making more EU characters. Although the first EU line is still my favorite overall SW line to date, I'm not very partial to the designs of a lot of EU characters.

For instance: They based the Zahn characters off of the comic book adaptation, which was horrible. Several of the designs for the comic completely failed to match the descriptions from the books, ie:

Karrde (who is my #1 pick for an EU figure) was described in the novels as a incredibley smart, sophisticated buisnessman. He was thin, well dressed, with shortly trimmed hair and a small mustache.

So what do they do in the comic? They turn him into a nasty looking slob, dressed in filthy clothes and shoulder length mangy hair and a beard. They totally destroyed one of the best characters of the novels!:mad:

So my problem is that if Hasbro made a figure of him, they would follow the ridiculous comic design instead of making a REAL Karrde figure, and I wouldn't want it. (sorry for the rant, but I HATED what Dark Horse did there)

Same with the Noghri; they're supposed to be stealthy, 4ft tall killing machines, but instead, Dark Horse turned them into bizarre 8 ft tall muscle bound losers.

RooJay
08-09-2002, 10:10 PM
I loved Dark Horse's version of Karrde! It did differ from the description in the book, but I always had trouble envisioning him in the Star Wars universe the way he was described by Zahn. The comic version never seemed that contradictory to me anyway; I don't recall him being described as thin (the comic version could be called thin anyway), and I never thought of the comic version as "A nasty looking slob", and he also never had a beard in the comics, just a very neatly trimmed (in my opinion) Fu Manchu moustache. To each his own! I for one actually hope that the figure is made and does look like the comic version.

You should check out the Noghri design used in the Last Command comic! It is dead on what I envisioned while reading the novel, and meets all the descriptions from the book perfectly! If the figures turn out looking any different from these versions of the Noghri, then I'd rather they were never made.

InsaneJediGirl
08-09-2002, 10:25 PM
They need to make all of them:D

-New Mara Jade
-Solo Kids;Older verison though Twins 18,Anakin 16
-Corran Horn
-Vong
-Cighal
-Noami Sunrider
-Exar Kun
-Jodo Kast

Those are the ones I can name off the top of my head..at the moment.

THE Slayer
08-10-2002, 09:36 PM
I had this idea a while ago and I'm sure some of you did to, but they should double pack them. Like they did with the ann. sets or 200th boba fig. The figures should be dynamically posed, but articulated. And not neccesarily be packed with their counter parts from any certain story or comic. for exp. Anakin Solo(15-16yr) could come with Darth Vader. A "forced-out" Yoda with Corran Horn, a whole jedi of the past and present angle with that one. Maybe Darth Maul with a Yuzahnn Vong Nom Anor.(emmisaries of evil) :)
But you see some people would buy the sets for the EU toys and others for the characters they actually like, and I'd buy them for both.

Janzeke Khan
08-11-2002, 04:14 AM
Darth Evil I think Darth Vellner meant Characters like Jester, Montross and maybe some Death Wacth members.

evenflow
08-11-2002, 02:01 PM
1. Kir Kanos
2. Carnor Jax
3. Guri
4. Leebo
5. Qui-lon Vos
6. Jacen Solo
7. Jainia Solo
8. Anakin Solo
9. Lowbacca
10. Sharad Hett
11. A'Sharad Hett
12. Jodo Kast
13. Death Trooper
14. Nomi Sunrider
15. Vima Sunrider
16. Master Vodo Baas
17. Ulic Quel Droma
18. Exar Kun
19. Tott Doneeta
20. Darth Bane

That was a quick 20 off the top of my head, there are many many more.

Darth Evil
08-11-2002, 03:48 PM
I (stupidly) forgot about the other Mandalorians, sorry. I'd like to see Nom Anor, as well as a few other Yuuzhan Vong too. And all the EU Jedi and Sith.

jonboy
08-11-2002, 04:08 PM
A lot of people who are saying that they hate Eu seem to forget one tiny little fact: Until the movies were made, TPM and AOTC were nothing more than EU stories.

RooJay
08-12-2002, 12:54 PM
Say what?!:confused:

A lot of the people who hate the EU also hate TPM and AOTC as well.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
08-12-2002, 01:15 PM
I'm not really a fan of the EU, but I've read some of the prequel-era books, like Jedi Apprentice and The Approaching Storm. I also like the Jedi Power Battles game and the Demolition game, so here goes:
*Young Obi-Wan
*Younger Qui-Gon
*Xanatos
*Kyakhta and Bulgan two-pack
*Plasma battle droid (green)
*Flamethrower battle droid (orange)
*Rapple (?) battle droid (grey)
*Missilelauncher battle droid (plain creme with bazooka)
*The guy who pilots Luke's old speeder
*Quagga
*Pugwis
*Wittin with Holographic miniature STAP
That's all I can remember right now.

Janzeke Khan
08-13-2002, 03:53 AM
IF anyone thinks AOTC is as bad as TPM they need to be slaped with a Annoo-Dat's tail.

jonboy
08-13-2002, 08:01 AM
I was just saying that the first two prequels were just EU stories written by Lucas for the purpose of background history. Everyone here says anything not in the movies is considered EU. Well, up until the filming on TPM started, it, AOTC, and E3 were considered nothing more than EU stories. They are not that now since they are in movie form, but at one time they were. I am not slamming the prequels or EU. Some of my favorite stories come from the books.

nack5811
08-13-2002, 04:30 PM
I would like to see more female characters, different droid body variations, and Pic and his brother (Gorc, I believe). Basically, I would love to see any new character made from the EU line.

neimoidian85
08-13-2002, 10:42 PM
Okay, there are hundreds of EU characters, the last thing we need are remakes of ones that Hasbro has actually already made.

RooJay
08-14-2002, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by jonboy
I was just saying that the first two prequels were just EU stories written by Lucas for the purpose of background history. Everyone here says anything not in the movies is considered EU. Well, up until the filming on TPM started, it, AOTC, and E3 were considered nothing more than EU stories. They are not that now since they are in movie form, but at one time they were. I am not slamming the prequels or EU. Some of my favorite stories come from the books.

I see what you mean now, but using that logic all of the movies and everything that happens in them is EU as well. At some point they were all stories that didn't appear on screen.

DarkArtist
08-14-2002, 08:59 PM
How about:
Pregnant Leia, (HEIR TO THE EMPIRE)
Han Solo with Neks (DARK EMPIRE)
Exar Kun (TALES OF THE JEDI)
Nomi Sunrider (TALES OF THE JEDI)
Ulic Qel Droma (TALES OF THE JEDI)
Corran Horn (I, JEDI)
Mara Jade (RETURN OF THE JEDI CCG)
Guri (SHADOWS OF THE EMPIRE)
Kyle Katarn (JEDI KNIGHT II)

Among others

Janzeke Khan
08-14-2002, 09:00 PM
Actually They do need to make a New Mara, the POF Mara does'nt look close to.....herself. And I think that a New Kyle is alot more liky to be made because of JK2.