PDA

View Full Version : Tony DiTerlizzi's upgrades

TheFrankEinstein
08-07-2002, 04:58 PM
The Photos (http://www.rebelscum.com/tony1.asp)

(beware, after looking at Mr. DiTerlizzi's work, your own 12" figures will likely look like reheated vomit!)

I'm sure most of you have seen his work, but WOW. I'd have never thought these figures could look so good. Seeing his work is what got me into 12"ers in the first place. I mean just look at that Ben Kenobi! I had to stare at it for a while before I decided it wasn't a newly sculpted head. The details are unbelievable, and it makes me ashamed of my own collection for not looking so good!

btw, if this belongs in the custom figure forum, please forgive me. This topic in particular confused me.

Exhaust Port
08-07-2002, 09:27 PM
Sweet Jesus, make this man the head of the Hasbro 12" division NOW!!!

TheFrankEinstein
08-08-2002, 03:29 AM
What I find strange is that, most of them being repaints, they suggest that Hasbro does a great job with the sculpting for the most part, and it's the paint that's lacking. I wish he'd done more side-by-side comparisons, because that's what really made the Kenobi and Tusken Raider stand out to me.

edit - And also, if you go back to the index (http://www.rebelscum.com/tonymain.asp), you'll find some other Star Wars stuff (upgraded 3 3/4", for instance), and some non-Star Wars 12"ers like an unbelievable Rick Deckard from Blade Runner and probably the best John McClaine from Die Hard I've ever seen.

Boushh
09-15-2002, 03:37 PM
I have to agree with Exhaust Port! When I saw his Leia's I almost peed myself. They are spectacular!!! I want him to redo all of my 12"ers. Especially the Boushh Leia. It's my favorite fig of all time.

Darth Cruel
10-15-2002, 04:10 AM
I have silently been a fan of this artist for a while now. Seeing his work gives me hope that someday I will own a perfect 12" action figure, but it also depresses me when I go back to looking at my store-bought figures and I think about the fact that I do not have this talent.

Old Fossil
10-15-2002, 08:55 PM
Sweet Jesus! I love the Ob-Wan and the Luke Hoth Pilot. Dang, Hasbro could make some serious cash if they could accomplish such art.

derek
10-15-2002, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Twodot Tatooine
Sweet Jesus! I love the Ob-Wan and the Luke Hoth Pilot. Dang, Hasbro could make some serious cash if they could accomplish such art.

that's all hasbro stuff, just with a good paintjob.

Sinister Lord
10-17-2002, 08:38 AM
Yeah, his stuff looks good. A big part of it is just changing out the bodies to a more articulated form. I've done this to a number of my 12" figures and it improves them immensely. The GI Joe bodies are pretty cheap now too, at 10 bucks each or less. Also, 21st century toys makes an even more articulated body for the same price, and those have the same head post, so the swap of the Star Wars head is just as easy using the "boil and pop "method. I put my X-wing Luke on a 21st century body and it looks absolutely awesome, and I did the same for Qui-Gon Jinn.

Turbowars
10-19-2002, 03:05 PM
can you buy the bodies alone, or do you have to buy the complete figure with clothes and such?

Turbowars
10-19-2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by derek

that's all hasbro stuff, just with a good paintjob. Hey Derek, can you change your Logo? That guy is making me sick! LOL He's one of those actors that I love to hate.

derek
10-19-2002, 03:43 PM
hello turbo wars, muh, ha ha ha

pair of bearclaws please

Turbowars
10-19-2002, 03:44 PM
HeHEHaHALOL!!!!!!!!!! You scared me!!!!

Sinister Lord
10-19-2002, 08:04 PM
turbowars, as far as I know most of the major companies don't sell just the bodies by themselves, but they do sell a basic joe figure with minimal clothing and gear for 10 bucks or sometimes less. I have seen them on sale for as cheap as 5 bucks each.

Turbowars
10-20-2002, 11:21 AM
Thank you Sir!!!

Sinister Lord
10-25-2002, 12:01 PM
I just thought I would add, I noticed yesterday, my local Walmart now has basic 12" GI Joe boxed figures for $5.84 each. I think there's a police officer, firefighter, and US Marshall... all include just a basic figure with minimal gear. These sets are great for doing those head swaps and upgrading your 12" Star Wars figures. They have the same articulated gripping hand used on the 12" Count Dooku figure, and they also have the smaller foot design which allows for an easier fit with the Star Wars boots, which can sometimes be rather hard to put on the larger GI Joe foot.